Now that trump has admitted he knew nothing about the Stormy pay out...

For one, he had sexual encounters in the people's house, inside the oval office.

Having sex in the Oval Office is illegal with extra penalties if you do it on the Resolute Desk?

:laugh2:
No, but I'm sure there are ethics laws and sexual misconduct laws governing people in public office. Similar to how there are such laws governing every other citizens.

In today's world, sexual harassment is levied so easily. Even if you have consensual relations with a co worker, the company can still fire you for sexual harassment if the other party makes any kind of complaint about it. Same principle applies to a president.

One of our resident Trumptards attempted to explain to me that Trump has an "agency relationship" with Cohen such as might exist between an actor and their agency.

Therefore, Cohen was free to draw up agreements on Trump's behalf and without his knowledge.

Attorney's are "agencies" now - Lol - NOT

Lawyers cannot act on behalf of their client without their consent, and an ethical lawyer will get it in writing. If Trump is telling the truth, then Cohen could be disbarred by the NY Bar whether Trump likes it or not

Precisely my point - the propagator of this spectacular reach didn't bother getting back to me. :redface:

If I were Stormy and Mr Avenatti, I'd be confident enough at this point to let whatever she's got fly!

No...I think they have much bigger plans for Mr trump....

So please refresh my memory. Why is this an issue? What actual laws did Trump break? He was not a sitting president when it happened, as far as I know, campaign money wasn't used for the payoff, and it was trumps attorney who made the payment without trumps knowledge.

Is there something I'm not seeing here? If there is, please enlighten me. Am I misinformed?
Bill Clinton didn’t break any laws with Monica L, either. It’s about lying, bribery and a possible infringement of campaign finance laws.
Right, that's what I'm getting at, what campaign finance laws? He didn't use campaign money, and as far as were aware, he, himself, never made the payment.

Sure, it looks fishy, and I'm sure we can all agree that he knew, but it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

Also, Clinton did break laws. For one, he had sexual encounters in the people's house, inside the oval office. I'm sure there is a myriad of ethics laws he broke. Also, there are the sexual misconduct and sexual harassment laws he broke.

Yes, it does look fishy. Especially when you consider the timing and what the reason was for. The NDA was signed 2 weeks before the election, which makes it look like it was meant to keep her quiet about the affair. If it wasn't to help Trump, then why did they wait so long to do it? Trump had the affair with Daniels back in 2006, why didn't they have it made up then?

And, because it's payment to help Trump with the election, it can be considered an "in kind" donation. But, because it's for 130,000 which is much more than the allowed 2500, it looks like it was an illegal campaign contribution.
But the illegal campaign contribution doesn't really work here does it? I mean, any particular party can only contribute x amount TO a party candidate, this was a payment FROM a party candidate to a private citizen, so it can't really be deemed a "campaign contribution", can it?

Unless you are saying that the Trump campaign contributed $130,000 to itself, by using trumps personal money to pay someone to keep quiet, which in turn benefits the campaign. The problem with that is, that also is not a "contribition" either, as, I'm pretty sure the candidate is allowed to use as much of their own money in a campaign as they want, right?

In layman's terms, essentially, trump paid $130,000 for service to the campaign, which would be no different than Trump spending that money on advertising, or air time.

I'm not saying it's right, what I'm asking is, is that illegal? It's not like stormy contributed the money, she was paid for a service.

Yes, it was crappy, and it was wrong for Trump to do it, but was it illegal, was it an impeachable offense?

So please refresh my memory. Why is this an issue? What actual laws did Trump break? He was not a sitting president when it happened, as far as I know, campaign money wasn't used for the payoff, and it was trumps attorney who made the payment without trumps knowledge.

Is there something I'm not seeing here? If there is, please enlighten me. Am I misinformed?
Bill Clinton didn’t break any laws with Monica L, either. It’s about lying, bribery and a possible infringement of campaign finance laws.
Right, that's what I'm getting at, what campaign finance laws? He didn't use campaign money, and as far as were aware, he, himself, never made the payment.

Sure, it looks fishy, and I'm sure we can all agree that he knew, but it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

Also, Clinton did break laws. For one, he had sexual encounters in the people's house, inside the oval office. I'm sure there is a myriad of ethics laws he broke. Also, there are the sexual misconduct and sexual harassment laws he broke.

Yes, it does look fishy. Especially when you consider the timing and what the reason was for. The NDA was signed 2 weeks before the election, which makes it look like it was meant to keep her quiet about the affair. If it wasn't to help Trump, then why did they wait so long to do it? Trump had the affair with Daniels back in 2006, why didn't they have it made up then?

And, because it's payment to help Trump with the election, it can be considered an "in kind" donation. But, because it's for 130,000 which is much more than the allowed 2500, it looks like it was an illegal campaign contribution.
But the illegal campaign contribution doesn't really work here does it? I mean, any particular party can only contribute x amount TO a party candidate, this was a payment FROM a party candidate to a private citizen, so it can't really be deemed a "campaign contribution", can it?

Unless you are saying that the Trump campaign contributed $130,000 to itself, by using trumps personal money to pay someone to keep quiet, which in turn benefits the campaign. The problem with that is, that also is not a "contribition" either, as, I'm pretty sure the candidate is allowed to use as much of their own money in a campaign as they want, right?

In layman's terms, essentially, trump paid $130,000 for service to the campaign, which would be no different than Trump spending that money on advertising, or air time.

I'm not saying it's right, what I'm asking is, is that illegal? It's not like stormy contributed the money, she was paid for a service.

Yes, it was crappy, and it was wrong for Trump to do it, but was it illegal, was it an impeachable offense?

NOTHING is an impeachable offense as long as McTurtle & Lyin' Ryan are in charge.

For one, he had sexual encounters in the people's house, inside the oval office.

Having sex in the Oval Office is illegal with extra penalties if you do it on the Resolute Desk?

:laugh2:
No, but I'm sure there are ethics laws and sexual misconduct laws governing people in public office. Similar to how there are such laws governing every other citizens.

In today's world, sexual harassment is levied so easily. Even if you have consensual relations with a co worker, the company can still fire you for sexual harassment if the other party makes any kind of complaint about it. Same principle applies to a president.

Sorry - You LOSE

NOTHING is an impeachable offense as long as McTurtle & Lyin' Ryan are in charge.

McTurtle.....Good One!

McTurtle.....Good One!

Old - Like him & his schtick

sen-mcconnell.jpg

Interesting point about the campaign contribution I had not thought of.

Well, if Trump didn't know about it, or sign it, there was never a deal between Ms. Daniels and Trump, so she should be free to talk about whatever.
Have you heard of something called "Power of Attorney?"

If there had been one, Cohen would have provided it and flashed it in Avenatti’s face. Besides, Trump would never give anyone control like that. He can’t even keep a security adviser for very long in case that has escaped you, too
Control like what, you clown? PoAs can be written in lots of ways, with time limits, limits on what affairs can be handled, etc... If Trump thought he could make more money in the time it took to deal with some slut, why wouldn't he set up such an arrangement with someone he trusts?
Well, if Trump didn't know about it, or sign it, there was never a deal between Ms. Daniels and Trump, so she should be free to talk about whatever.

You are very confused and probably ignorant. Cohen is trumps attorney. This has nothing to do with "power of attorney." POA is only issued when the clients in incompetent or incompassitated. While trump is clueless...he is not incompassitated.

Nice try....

PoA’s are created for all kinds of reasons but it’s absurd to think that Trump would give anyone a PoA. Maybe Ivanka.

PoAs or similar agreements are given out all the time when people want others to handle certain affairs. There's nothing absurd about it, except to a moron like you.

Yeah. I have heard of that. Does the lawyer have a power of attorney for Trump? If so, why did he use an alias on the NDA?
The lawyer doesn't have to tell you about his affairs with his client.

If there had been one, Cohen would have provided it and flashed it in Avenatti’s face. Besides, Trump would never give anyone control like that. He can’t even keep a security adviser for very long in case that has escaped you, too
Control like what, you clown? PoAs can be written in lots of ways, with time limits, limits on what affairs can be handled, etc... If Trump thought he could make more money in the time it took to deal with some slut, why wouldn't he set up such an arrangement with someone he trusts?

You are very confused and probably ignorant. Cohen is trumps attorney. This has nothing to do with "power of attorney." POA is only issued when the clients in incompetent or incompassitated. While trump is clueless...he is not incompassitated.

Nice try....

PoA’s are created for all kinds of reasons but it’s absurd to think that Trump would give anyone a PoA. Maybe Ivanka.

PoAs or similar agreements are given out all the time when people want others to handle certain affairs. There's nothing absurd about it, except to a moron like you.

Yeah. I have heard of that. Does the lawyer have a power of attorney for Trump? If so, why did he use an alias on the NDA?

But it is unethical and possibly illegal for attorney to enter in contract without client consent.

Cohen could be disbarred. Who will pay back the $130,000 mortgage then....Donnie who doesn't pay his contractors or lawyers?

Nice try....

But it is unethical and possibly illegal for attorney to enter in contract without client consent.

Cohen could be disbarred. Who will pay back the $130,000 mortgage then....Donnie who doesn't pay his contractors or lawyers?
Who says he didn't get his consent? Trump could have told him he's allowed to make decisions regarding "small" amounts of money, such as amounts under $200,000. Attorneys and other professionals who handle people's matters often end up with an understood amount of discretion in their clients' matters and the clients want it that way.

It can be considered an "in kind" contribution. If Trump knew nothing about the NDA, as well as hasn't paid for it (he hasn't yet according to the lawyer), it would be a contribution from a private citizen to assist Trump in winning the election, and therefore is considered a campaign contribution. And, it's several hundred thousand more than allowed.

Nice try....

Who says he didn't get his consent? Trump could have told him he's allowed to make decisions regarding "small" amounts of money, such as amounts under $200,000. Attorneys and other professionals who handle people's matters often end up with an understood amount of discretion in their clients' matters and the clients want it that way.

If the lawyer had discretion with money up to 200,000, he would have already said so and shown the document.

Nice try....

If the lawyer had discretion with money up to 200,000, he would have already said so and shown the document.
Once again, lawyers don't have to discuss their dealings with their clients to you. Are you stupid enough to think you can pick up the phone, call a law firm, and start getting answers on the specifics of their dealings with their clients?

All of this is relevant, I suppose, since he could be impeached over it. But, from a broader perspective, I am sure that no one doubts that Trump paid off a porn star with whom he had sex while married. It is a shame that this does not bother his Christian Right base. On the other hand, everyone knows that his Christian Right base is made up of cast iron hypocrites.

Once again, lawyers don't have to discuss their dealings with their clients to you. Are you stupid enough to think you can pick up the phone, call a law firm, and start getting answers on the specifics of their dealings with their clients?

The other alternative is to admit that Trump didn't know what he was doing with Ms. Daniels and the NDA, which means that he can be disbarred or convicted for illegal campaign contributions. If he had an agreement like that, I'm pretty sure he would have shown it to stay out of hot water.

The other alternative is to admit that Trump didn't know what he was doing with Ms. Daniels and the NDA, which means that he can be disbarred or convicted for illegal campaign contributions. If he had an agreement like that, I'm pretty sure he would have shown it to stay out of hot water.
LAWYERS DON'T HAVE TO DISCUSS THEIR CLIENT AFFAIRS WITH YOU, RETARD! What part of that don't you get? Have you ever, in your entire life, worked in a place private client information was kept? Even as a secretary or janitor?

LAWYERS DON'T HAVE TO DISCUSS THEIR CLIENT AFFAIRS WITH YOU, RETARD! What part of that don't you get? Have you ever, in your entire life, worked in a place private client information was kept? Even as a secretary or janitor?

Hey stupid........never said that he had to show anything. Just said that if he had an agreement like that, he would have shown people so that he would stay out of trouble. An agreement like that would pull him out of hot water really fast, so if he has it, he should show it. But, if he does have it and doesn't show it, he's stupid for not trying to keep himself out of jail or being disbarred.

The grouse makes a ridiculous argument.

There is no Power of Attorney here. Stupid on stilts. The contract obligates Trump to a number of considerations -- of which his attorney cannot promise without Trump agreeing to it.

2) Think how dumb it is to suggest anyone making a claim against Trump would be paid off in six figures without first checking with the person the claim is made against.

Hell -- 100,000 women could file claims at any time, with no proof -- and fuckface Cohen's just gonna pay them off, with these "small amounts of money" 'cause he's just that kind of guy.

:lol:

Forum List

Back