Number of guns in society falling sharply

Another page....and another page with not a single fact or reason presented to counter Joe's point.

All I see here is 4 or 5 posters conceding defeat.

I'll check back and see if we get something other than the usual braindead trolling.

What point? That Italy has fewer guns?
So what! This is not Italy..... or Finland.

Actually, Finland has a very high level of gun ownership. I think it rates third or fourth on a per capita basis. All of my friends there have many weapons in their collections.....all of them!

Another page....and another page with not a single fact or reason presented to counter Joe's point.

I'll check back and see if we get something other than the usual braindead trolling.

True...Finland has very high levels of gun ownership, and thus a high homicide rate.

Italy has a low level of gun ownership, and a low homicide rate.

Do you see a pattern here?

True...Finland has very high levels of gun ownership, and thus a high homicide rate.

"We need to do this everyday of the week, and just really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."

-Eric Holder, 1995

Templar -

It does seem that the American people have been brainwashed not only into accepting as normal a murder rate TEN TIMES that of similar nations, but into not questioning and not discussing that fact.

Any move to inspire American people to question more and discuss more would have to be positive.

Rabbi - please stop spamming the thread with infantile gibberish.

Last edited:

Must..Not...Feed...Troll.....

Templar -

It does seem that the American people have been brainwashed not only into accepting as normal a murder rate TEN TIMES that of similar nations, but into not questioning and not discussing that fact.

Any move to inspire American people to question more and discuss more would have to be positive.

Why should he? You started the thread with infantile bullshit.

Isn't there a Finnish political message board you can be obnoxious on?

Templar -

Similar nations? Care to show us how they are the same as us...

Finland has a very LOW homicide rate you ignorant troll.

Ernie -

Three separate American surveys have concluded that the number of households owning guns has fallen sharply.

What we see on this thread is that some pro-gun people do not think we should be allowed to discuss that. Hence we see Rabbi and Westspam trying to drown these threads with spam, abuse and diversions.

I disagree. I say - let's discuss it.

If you do not want to discuss it - scroll past.

Last edited:
Ernie -

Three separate American surveys have concluded that the number of households owning guns has fallen sharply.

What we see on this thread is that some pro-gun people do not think we should be allowed to discuss that. Hence we see Rabbi and Westspam trying to drown these threads with spam, abuse and diversions.

If you do not want to discuss - scroll past.

The actual numbers seem to support us and not you....The number of firearms manufactured is going UP. Not down. If what you claim were true the numbers would be down. But that would be a fact and as we all know, you don't "do" facts.

Number of Privately Owned Firearms

The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,0001 to 310,000,0002 3

Compare
Rate of Civilian Firearm Possession per 100 Population
The rate of private gun ownership in the United States is 101.054 1 firearms per 100 people

Compare
Number of Privately Owned Firearms - World Ranking
In a comparison of the number of privately owned guns in 178 countries, the United States ranked at No. 15

Compare
Rate of Privately Owned Firearms per 100 Population - World Ranking
In a comparison of the rate of private gun ownership in 178 countries, the United States ranked at No. 11

Compare
Number of Privately Owned Rifles
In the United States, the number of rifles in civilian possession is reported to be 110,000,0002

Compare
Number of Privately Owned Shotguns
In the United States, the number of shotguns in civilian possession is reported to be 86,000,0002

Compare
Number of Privately Owned Handguns
There are reportedly 114,000,0002 handguns in civilian possession in the United States

The reported annual number of small arms manufactured in the United States is

2010: 5,459,24055
2009: 5,555,81855 56
2008: 4,498,94455
2007: 3,922,61355 56
2006: 3,653,32455
2005: 3,241,494
2004: 3,099,025
2003: 3,308,404
2002: 3,366,895
2001: 2,932,65555 56
2000: 3,793,54155
1999: 4,047,747
1998: 3,713,590
1997: 3,593,504
1996: 3,854,439
1995: 4,316,342
1994: 5,173,217
1993: 5,055,637
1992: 4,175,836
1991: 3,563,106
1990: 3,959,968
1989: 4,418,393
1988: 3,963,877
1987: 3,559,663
1986: 3,040,934

Guns in the United States: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

Ernie -

If you do not want to discuss it - scroll past.

You're not "discussing" anything, you miserable ignorant troll. You are repeating failed talkng points. You occasionally add absurd balderdash. "Reduce the number of guns and we reduce the number of gangs." You can't make this up.

Ernie -

The actual numbers seem to support us and not you....The number of firearms manufactured is going UP. Not down. If what you claim were true the numbers would be down. But that would be a fact and as we all know, you don't "do" facts.

]

Are you just not capable of reading. Yes, there are more guns, but in the hands of fewer people.

So while most families are getting guns out of the home, you have more people like Nancy Lanza stocking up on guns like the Zombie Apocolypse was coming.

(And look how well that turned out!)

Unfortunately, the gun industry realizes that the crazy people are it's market. So instead of doing what a responsible industry does, they market more to the crazies, and even encourage it.

Ernie -

]

Are you just not capable of reading. Yes, there are more guns, but in the hands of fewer people.

So while most families are getting guns out of the home, you have more people like Nancy Lanza stocking up on guns like the Zombie Apocolypse was coming.

Unfortunately, the gun industry realizes that the crazy people are it's market. So instead of doing what a responsible industry does, they market more to the crazies, and even encourage it.

Poor Joe. Ignorant and stupid is no way to go through life, s0n.

]

Being part of an increasingly crazy fringe isn't either.

If you said to me, "Joe, I'm a responsible gun owner, and I agree, we need to take measures to keep guns out of the hands of people like Adam Lanza and Joker Holmes", I would totally respect that.

But your position is, "You are infringing on my right to shoot at the government if I choose to, so we aren't oging to have ANY restrictions", then shit, man, there's no good reason to let you have guns.

The thing is, you guys aren't treating the privilage of gun ownership like a privilage that is treated responsibly.

Most American families don't have guns, and they see those of you with them as increasingly crazy.

If you said to me, "Joe, I'm a responsible gun owner, and I agree, we need to take measures to keep guns out of the hands of people like Adam Lanza and Joker Holmes", I would totally respect that.

But your position is, "You are infringing on my right to shoot at the government if I choose to, so we aren't oging to have ANY restrictions", then shit, man, there's no good reason to let you have guns.

The thing is, you guys aren't treating the privilage of gun ownership like a privilage that is treated responsibly.

Most American families don't have guns, and they see those of you with them as increasingly crazy.

Why should responsible gun owners have restrictions placed on them?

responsible people should not be held accountable for the acts of others.

Same reason responsible drivers do.

I've been driving for 30 years. I've had less than five moving violations in that time.

yet I'm still required to get insurance, get a licence, get an emmissions test, get a registration, etc for the privilage of driving a car.

I'm required to wear a seat belt.

I have to follow a bunch of traffic rules.

Ernie -

]

I read fine. Let me ask you something. 300,000,000 (low estimate) guns already in private hands. Why the need for 5 MILLION more to be added EVERY year...and going up?

Those who wanted guns already had them. So who's buying them now? Your logic makes no sense at all. It is YOU who can't read. As gun ownership becomes stigmatized by the press and the unwashed, those who own them keep it to themselves. That's why the survey as it was done is useless. People had the opportunity to opt out....that makes them worthless.

Were you a non-partisan, propagandist, hack, troll, you would understand that. But, as those appellations ALL apply to you, no amount of logic will ever penetrate that pea sized brain of yours.

Actually, YOU'RE the fringe. Gun ownership is a RIGHT not a privilege. It is YOU who needs to learn to read. It is sad for us, but fortunate for idiots like you, that gun ownership is a right, so that we could fight for the ability for low functioning twits like you to survive past infancy.

Your usefulness to society is patently low, thus you would either be dead or a ditch digger.
I can't think there would be enough ditches needing to be dug that morons like you, saggy and the rest of your herd would still be around in a society like you wish to have founded.

Same reason responsible drivers do.

I've been driving for 30 years. I've had less than five moving violations in that time.

yet I'm still required to get insurance, get a licence, get an emmissions test, get a registration, etc for the privilage of driving a car.

I'm required to wear a seat belt.

I have to follow a bunch of traffic rules.

And YOU'RE STILL more hazardous to the population than any gun owner and that includes all the criminal gangs. You are just another ignorant twit who because you're a useless fraidy cat who can't handle guns wants them taken away from all the responsible adults.

Grow up and get a pair.

Forum List

Back