NYC raises cigarette sales age to 21

BBC News - New York to raise cigarette sale age

Same liberals who think 13 year olds are mature enough to have sex and get abortions

What does a pack cost in NY? Like $50?

I still think that if a country is willing to give an 18 year old a gun and send them to far away countries, trusting their discretion on killing other humans, that country should also be willing to let the 18 year old drink and smoke if they wish.

If you want drinking age to be 21, then military age must be 21 as well.

Last edited:
Now it's been raised...

So now, in New York City, you can join the military at 18, fight and die for your country, but you can't drink or smoke...

That is one fucked up burg...

It's completely F'd up, but the 18 years old kids devoid of alcohol and cigs aren't fighting for our country sorry to say.

Same liberals who think 13 year olds are mature enough to have sex and get abortions

I still think that if a country is willing to give an 18 year old a gun and send them to far away countries, trusting their discretion on killing other humans, that country should also be willing to let the 18 year old drink and smoke if they wish.

They are $12 in Brooklyn and $11 in Harlem. Lol
But you were close.
When I went I went to Idaho and bought a carton and took them with me so I wouldn't have to pay so much.

But you were close.
When I went I went to Idaho and bought a carton and took them with me so I wouldn't have to pay so much.

$15 in midtown.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

But you were close.

$15 in midtown.

Yeah! I didn't even bother looking there.
My friend smoked a bunch of mine so she bought me a pack. I told her to buy at the place by her apt in Harlem where it was $11 but she wanted to wait until we got to Brooklyn. Lol

I am taking my son back there next year, I plan on bringing my own again but with him there I won't be smoking as much, or drinking. ;)

obamapunishmentposter.jpg

But you were close.

$15 in midtown.

My friend smoked a bunch of mine so she bought me a pack. I told her to buy at the place by her apt in Harlem where it was $11 but she wanted to wait until we got to Brooklyn. Lol

I am taking my son back there next year, I plan on bringing my own again but with him there I won't be smoking as much, or drinking. ;)

Cigarette prices are one of the few things I don't miss about living in Brooklyn.

But you were close.

$15 in midtown.

OMFG.

Never mind the law. Its the price that should discourage kids.

But, probably won't.

How much of that is tax?

When I lived in NYC, I worked in the garment district. There was a huge business in black market tax-free cigs. Co-workers would come in on Monday morning with big boxes full of cartons of cigarettes and we'd all line up to get what we had ordered and paid for the Friday before.

I don't remember how much they were but this was back in the late 60s. 35 cents a pack or so.

Not a day goes by that I'm not glad I quit. If I were to smoke now, in no time, I'd be right back up to a pack or two a day. I hate the way it stinks and yet, down deep, I'm still addicted. Not physically addicted but mentally, and I do believe that's a stronger addiction.

$15 a pack.

jeeeeez

$15 in midtown.

Cigarette prices are one of the few things I don't miss about living in Brooklyn.

When I go back to NYC I buy a few cartons for those I visit. Much cheaper for them.

At least they won't be polluting their bodies.

Are you really this stupid?

Are you really that stupid?

Explain how safe sex destroys the human body.

Explain how having an abortion destroys the human body.

Explain how a life time addiction to cigarettes does not destory the human body.

Getting an abortion is a moral issue, not a health risk, as long as the abortion is a safe medical procedure conducted by a licensed physician.

Teenagers having sex is a MORAL issue as long as they are engaging in safe sex.

Cigarettes are addictive, and they damage the human body to a massive extent, not just the lungs. Most people who smoke do it all of their adult lives or for many years, damaging their bodies in ways that cannot be reversed, often shortening their life spans. Sex and abortions do neither of those things.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back