Obama - a legacy of recycling Jimmy Carter's failed policies

Now, getting back to your example of Michael Jordan. I live in Chicago, he isn't all that. After all his wealth and hard work, his wife Juanita walked out on him because he was chasing too much stray tail. I'm sure his kids aren't too fond of him either at this point.

Yes, lets do that. Lets get back to Jordan. He was not a professional husband. He did not compete in "husbandry". He did not spend hours and hours and hours practicing to be a husband. He did not go into the Husband Hall of Fame.

Our discussion has been focused on the business / professional world. And that's what Michael Jordan is judged on - his professional career in basketball. And he's one of the three greatest of all time in that professional field.

And your dumb ass knows it. But of course, since it proves you to be the ignorant high school drop out that you are, you have to change the subject to his wife.

Okay, let's talk about Jordan's "Professional" life.

Let's talk about that year and a half that he "retired" from Basketball after it was revealed he was doing too much gambling. (there was also that sad part where they tried to keep him in the news by having him play baseball, but that was so fucking sad I don't even want to talk about it.)

Except everyone else kind of knows it was he was suspended from the game for two years because he was point shaving.

Oh, wait, and about the same time this all happened, someone murdered his dad. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the gambling, though. Really.

So he broke the rules of his industry, it had horrible consequences in his personal and professional life, but since he was the only marketable commodity the NBA had at the time, they all massively covered it up.

We could also talk about his last run at glory running the Washington Wizards, but frankly, it's sort of sad enough as it is.

Joe, I'm fascinated by the way you go after Jordan in the context he was brought up. I look at this and I'm inspired, and I'm reminded of the long-term value of effort and overcoming failure; you look at it and see something very different.

When you point out Jordan's flaws, are you saying that the photo and quote I posted are therefore not relevant or true? Are you saying that trying again after failure is somehow a bad idea or that it should not be encouraged and/or celebrated? Should those who succeed through failure be ignored or marginalized in our society? Should we just give up when we fail?

What is the reason for bringing up his flaws, as they pertain to the point, precisely? What is your motivation for diluting or downplaying the quote? What are you saying here?

Michael-Jordan-01.jpg

Last edited:

Joe, I'm fascinated by the way you go after Jordan in the context he was brought up. I look at this and I'm inspired, and I'm reminded of the long-term value of effort and overcoming failure; you look at it and see something very different.

When you point out Jordan's flaws, are you saying that the photo and quote I posted are therefore not relevant or true? Are you saying that trying again after failure is somehow a bad idea or that it should not be encouraged and/or celebrated? Should those who succeed through failure be ignored or marginalized in our society? Should we just give up when we fail?

What is the reason for bringing up his flaws, as they pertain to the point, precisely? What is your motivation for diluting or downplaying the quote? What are you saying here?

]

I got bad service in his crappy resturant once.

Point is, there are shitloads of people who go to thankless jobs every day and work their asses off, and sometimes they succeed and sometimes they fail, and more often than not, they get screwed over by people with more money for petty reasons.

So I really don't give a fuck about how this guy made a lot of money playing a freaking game. In the process, he destroyed his family and disgraced himself. Just not holding him up as a role model.

Also- Jordan was a great player, but he had a great team behind him. Harvey Gant didn't get the big endorsement deals or the Movie with the Looney Toons characters, and he didn't shave points or sign over $57,000 personal checks. He did work very hard, but because the poor guy couldn't talk for shit, he didn't get a lot of the other cool stuff.

Thankfully, he was a member of a UNION, so he got decent pay for his part in the team effort.

Last edited:

]

Point is, there are shitloads of people who go to thankless jobs every day and work their asses off, and sometimes they succeed and sometimes they fail, and more often than not, they get screwed over by people with more money for petty reasons.

So I really don't give a fuck about how this guy made a lot of money playing a freaking game. In the process, he destroyed his family and disgraced himself. Just not holding him up as a role model.

Also- Jordan was a great player, but he had a great team behind him. Harvey Gant didn't get the big endorsement deals or the Movie with the Looney Toons characters, and he didn't shave points or sign over $57,000 personal checks. He did work very hard, but because the poor guy couldn't talk for shit, he didn't get a lot of the other cool stuff.

Thankfully, he was a member of a UNION, so he got decent pay for his part in the team effort.

Still not sure what this has to do with overcoming failure.

]

I'm sure you don't.

I'm not really discussing failure.

I'm discussing what a fair and equitable way to treat working people is.

Not sure why you want to go on about a guy who made a lot of money playing a game but made a complete muddle of his personal life is.

Frankly, I'd consider the latter more important.

No one ever said on his deathbed, "I wish I had spent more time at the office."

You can't be this naïve and stupid. You can't be. Even at 23. You're just trolling now. You have to know that government isn't made up of men with pure souls and honest intentions. It's a bunch of lazy parasites - like you - who have figured out how to earn a paycheck for doing nothing.

No, people in government service...are dedicated professionals who serve their communities.

As opposed to the MOTHER FUCKERS in corporate America who've been fucking this country up for the last 30 years. You see, guy, I'm old enough to REMEMBER WHAT A MIDDLE CLASS LOOKS LIKE. Obviously, if you were, you wouldn't spew the silly shit you spew in the hope your corporate masters will recognize you some day.

:lmao:

Are you sure about that Joe? While you spew such unfounded anger, hatred, and ignorance, I keep making you my whipping boy with facts. Like the fact that these half a dozen "public servants" served the public a shit sandwich. Like the fact that Obama & Pelosi sit on tens of millions while laughing at how you worship them from your poverty:

]

Guy, quoting Batshit Crazy Glenn Beck doesn't count as a "Fact".

Glenn Beck was so batshit crazy Fox News had to fire him. Seriously, how fucking crazy do you need to be to get fired by Fox News?

Again, finding one town no one has heard of where an official gamed the system doesn't make up for the TRILLIONS that were lost because Wall Street wrecked the economy.

Just ask anyone with an underwater mortgage and a busted 401K account.

so you are collecting your nuttiness from all over the spectrum, you twat?

Frankly, guy, you are a nut. There's a lot of sensible, reasonable conservatives.

You're just kind of a whackjob.

I post fact after fact after fact, study after study after study. You ignore all of them (and I notice you make sure to remove the links every time you reply - afraid of everyone educating themselves are we???). You're the only whackjob nut in this argument sweetie. You're the only one eschewing facts for your own sad and lost opinions.

Guy, there's no point even click on any link you provide. You're a whack, any study you post is goign to be from whacks. Especially shit like "Flouridation in the Water is going to kill us!"

That got debunked about 50 years ago, but you Bircher types keep repeating it.

That was a RECENT study by radical LEFT-WING Harvard you fuck'n dumb ass. You're humiliating yourself when even your side of the aisle is proving your ignorant.

By the way asshat, how do you debunk something 50 years before the data is presented in a study? (Hint: you can only "debunk" something AFTER it is presented :lmao:)

No, people in government service...are dedicated professionals who serve their communities.

As opposed to the MOTHER FUCKERS in corporate America who've been fucking this country up for the last 30 years. You see, guy, I'm old enough to REMEMBER WHAT A MIDDLE CLASS LOOKS LIKE. Obviously, if you were, you wouldn't spew the silly shit you spew in the hope your corporate masters will recognize you some day.

:lmao:

Are you sure about that Joe? While you spew such unfounded anger, hatred, and ignorance, I keep making you my whipping boy with facts. Like the fact that these half a dozen "public servants" served the public a shit sandwich. Like the fact that Obama & Pelosi sit on tens of millions while laughing at how you worship them from your poverty:

]

Guy, quoting Batshit Crazy Glenn Beck doesn't count as a "Fact".

Glenn Beck was so batshit crazy Fox News had to fire him. Seriously, how fucking crazy do you need to be to get fired by Fox News?

Again, finding one town no one has heard of where an official gamed the system doesn't make up for the TRILLIONS that were lost because Wall Street wrecked the economy.

So because you're ignorant and never hear of this city, it "doesn't count" in your mind? :lmao:

If someone has an "underwater mortgage and a busted 401K account" they have no one to blame but themselves. Personal Responsibility Joe. They teach that shit to pre-schoolers who need their snacks opened for them and you still haven't grasped that concept. My home is worth a lot more than I owe on it and my 401k hasn't lost one single penny. Why? Because I'm not a helpless little dependent asshole like you. I didn't sign a mortgage I couldn't afford and then try to blame someone else. And I didn't hand my money over to people I didn't know and expect to get wealthy.

Watching you cry like a little girl and blame the world for your failures is comical!

(By the way, Glenn Beck wasn't fired from Fox and even they will tell you that - once again proving your are ignorant of everything you comment on).

And honestly, as bad as that was, it's a lot better than Ed Hanaway getting $83,000,000.00 for denying kids like Nataline Sarkisyan medical treatment.

Okay. And Bernie Madoff went to prison once they realized what was going on with him. See how that works, stupid?

Yeah, Bernie is a "Club Fed" prison with tennis courts. Oh, the pain. Oh, the agony. I heard they served dinner without Grey Poupon.

Really? Really Joe? So we put Omar Ahmad-Rahman (aka "the blind sheikh" who helped engineer the 1993 World Trade Center bombing) into a "posh" prison with a tennis court? Why would a blind terrorist require a tennis court Joe? :lmao:

Because, ignorant Joe, the Blind Sheikh is a fellow inmate of Bernie Madoff's at Butner Federal Prison in North Carolina, stupid.

Put Bernie and Ed and all the other corporate crooks into big boy prison with the Poor Criminals, then I'll be impressed.

Really? Really Joe? So you're saying that mafia boss Carmine Persico is not a "big boy"? Wow - I really hope for your sake none of his mafia family, friends, and associates don't read this and decide to pay you a little visit Joe for calling Carmine a "candyass" who was sent to a "posh" prison with grey poupon and tennis courts - because he too is a fellow inmate of Bernie Madoff's jackass. Being that you're in Chicago (albeit in the ghetto section they don't normally frequent), it would be very easy to stop by and say hello.

Point was, the ONLY reason why Bernie went to jail is because he ripped off other rich people.

No...the point is what he did was illegal and he would have gone to jail even if he had done it to trailer-park dwellers like you who live off of government cheese.

The guys who ripped off the working folks, they got their bailouts, salaries bonuses and even got to keep their companies.

For once, you are right Joe. All of the guys in government (like Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid) who ripped off the working folks, did indeed get their bailouts, salaries bonuses and even got to keep their companies - all because of lazy asshats like you who keep fellating them in return for government table scraps.

I'm sure you don't.

Not sure why you want to go on about a guy who made a lot of money playing a game but made a complete muddle of his personal life is.

What in the world do personal effort and overcoming failure have to do with the way working people are treated or how much time a person spends at the office?

Dafuq?

Joe, I realize you have an intense animus towards businesses, and I know there's nothing I can do about that, but I'm clearly talking about the individual and his ability to make his life better on his own. And that's clearly what the quote is about. It's not about businesses or unions or income or "fairness". He's talking about his failures as an individual and an unwillingness to give up. Clearly.

If you don't think that a person can make their own life better, that's certainly up to you, but sincerely, that's sad to see. Everyone fails. Pointing the finger elsewhere is a wasteful exercise. Life is short.

Last edited:

I'm sure you don't.

What in the world do personal effort and overcoming failure have to do with the way working people are treated or how much time a person spends at the office?

Dafuq?

Joe, I realize you have an intense animus towards businesses, and I know there's nothing I can do about that, but I'm clearly talking about the individual and his ability to make his life better on his own. And that's clearly what the quote is about. It's not about businesses or unions or income or "fairness". He's talking about his failures as an individual and an unwillingness to give up. Clearly.

If you don't think that a person can make their own life better, that's certainly up to you, but sincerely, that's sad to see. Everyone fails. Pointing the finger elsewhere is a wasteful exercise. Life is short.

Correction: Joe does not have animosity towards business, he has animosity towards work. But he can't go out and say that - so all he can blame is the business for expecting him to work in return for the money they give him.

You see, guy, I'm old enough to REMEMBER WHAT A MIDDLE CLASS LOOKS LIKE. Obviously, if you were, you wouldn't spew the silly shit you spew in the hope your corporate masters will recognize you some day.

Yeah - I do too. Then jealous little assholes like you started destroying the middle class so you could feel better about yourself by having the majority if the nation down at your miserable level.

No, event one in the destruction of the Middle Class was when that senile old fuck Reagan fired the Air Traffic Controllers. That gave the signal that after 40 years of being on the side of workers, government was now on the side of businesses.

That's why we don't have a middle class anymore.

Why? Because while teh Germans and Japanese were protecting their markets and subsidizing their corporations, we were signing awful free trade treaties.

Case in point, health care. In Japan, health care is paid for by the government. So while GM or FOrd has to spend all this money on health care, (More than they do for steel) Nissan and Toyota can invest that into the car and making it better.

Reagan fired the ATC controllers because they were in violation of federal law by going on strike. I might add that ATC controllers did not work for business, they were government employees.

Clinton signed NAFTA, and I will bet you voted for him, twice!

I suggest that the cost to GM and Ford buying employees health insurance is one helluva lot less than what it would cost the taxpayers to have government provide it. And, there is such a thing as a union contract that negotiated health insurance as a benefit for auto workers. Do you suggest Obama bust the unions?

[

That was a RECENT study by radical LEFT-WING Harvard you fuck'n dumb ass. You're humiliating yourself when even your side of the aisle is proving your ignorant.

By the way asshat, how do you debunk something 50 years before the data is presented in a study? (Hint: you can only "debunk" something AFTER it is presented :lmao:)

Guy, my side is THE TRUTH, not the Left or the right.

They've been putting Flouridation in the water for 50 years.

And while in my parents generation it was common for people to lose all their teeth by their 50s, most people today still have theirs.

[

So because you're ignorant and never hear of this city, it "doesn't count" in your mind? :lmao:

If someone has an "underwater mortgage and a busted 401K account" they have no one to blame but themselves. Personal Responsibility Joe. They teach that shit to pre-schoolers who need their snacks opened for them and you still haven't grasped that concept. My home is worth a lot more than I owe on it and my 401k hasn't lost one single penny. Why? Because I'm not a helpless little dependent asshole like you. I didn't sign a mortgage I couldn't afford and then try to blame someone else. And I didn't hand my money over to people I didn't know and expect to get wealthy.

Watching you cry like a little girl and blame the world for your failures is comical!

(By the way, Glenn Beck wasn't fired from Fox and even they will tell you that - once again proving your are ignorant of everything you comment on).

YOu do realize that 401K's are chosen by employers and not individuals, right? Nor did most homeowners have any real control over the housing market.

Oh, yeah, and Glenn Beck was TOTALLY fired. Get used to it.

He was breaking the first rule of Capitalist Masters... don't end up costing me money, dipshit.

He cost Rupert Murdoch money, Rupert fired his ass.

And now they are easing Hannity out the door, too.

Buh-bye.

[

Dafuq?

Yawn, guy, this isn't about me. Frankly, I've been knocked down a bunch of times, you have no fucking idea. And I get up every time. I've lived through shit that would have you and fucking Poodle squealing like little babies (like losing both of my parents when I was 19.)

The fact is, though, I'm really tired of giving a pass to the guys who screw me over. No more passes. If ObamaCare scares them, BRING IT ON BABY!!!! I'm honestly tired of watching the country wither and decent people struggle because their greed vastly exceeds their needs.

No one NEEDS a Dressage Horsie. No one Needs a 50 room mansion.

As Herbert Hoover pointed out, the problem with Capitalism is CAPITALISTS. They're too fucking greedy.

[q

Correction: Joe does not have animosity towards business, he has animosity towards work. But he can't go out and say that - so all he can blame is the business for expecting him to work in return for the money they give him.

Guy, I work three jobs, one of them my own business.

and, frankly, if the businesses I work for paid me a fair share - the value I actually generate- I'd be sitting pretty easy.

(To be fair, the third one, the resume writing business, I only charge a fraction of what my competition does. Which is too bad, I've seen their work.)

But the kind of person who gets the Corner Office is usually a horrible human being. This is what 22 years in the Private Sector has taught me.

Okay. And Bernie Madoff went to prison once they realized what was going on with him. See how that works, stupid?

Yeah, Bernie is a "Club Fed" prison with tennis courts. Oh, the pain. Oh, the agony. I heard they served dinner without Grey Poupon.

Really? Really Joe? So we put Omar Ahmad-Rahman (aka "the blind sheikh" who helped engineer the 1993 World Trade Center bombing) into a "posh" prison with a tennis court? Why would a blind terrorist require a tennis court Joe? :lmao:

Because, ignorant Joe, the Blind Sheikh is a fellow inmate of Bernie Madoff's at Butner Federal Prison in North Carolina, stupid.

Really? Really Joe? So you're saying that mafia boss Carmine Persico is not a "big boy"?

The Blind SHeikh, you know, is BLIND, and Carmine Perisco is 80 years old. So, yeah, it's a prison SOOOOO tough they lock up blind guys and really old mobsters there. That's one tough prison. I hear they shank each other at the shuffleboard table.

No...the point is what he did was illegal and he would have gone to jail even if he had done it to trailer-park dwellers like you who live off of government cheese.

Uh, no, sorry, as Madoff said, "Fuck my victims, I carried them for 20 years, and I got 150!"

(Actual Quote).

For once, you are right Joe. All of the guys in government (like Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid) who ripped off the working folks, did indeed get their bailouts, salaries bonuses and even got to keep their companies - all because of lazy asshats like you who keep fellating them in return for government table scraps.

Actually, don't take a thing from the govenrment and haven't since I was discharged at the rank of E-6 in 1992.

Even when I've found myself unemployed, I usually get picked right back up by someone else.

So this isn't about me. So instead of fantasizing about my life with one hand while doing God knows what with the other, let's try to stick to the subject.

Do you think people should be fired if they run up medical bills AFTER they've paid for insurance?

Do you think people should be ALLOWED TO DIE because someone can't make a profit off of them?

[

Reagan fired the ATC controllers because they were in violation of federal law by going on strike. I might add that ATC controllers did not work for business, they were government employees.

Irrelevent to my point. The point was, there was an understanding up to that point that if you went on strike, the government had your back. Which, honestly worked really well for building a middle class, which is why Republicans like Ike and Nixon kept it up after FDR started it.

Reagan changed the rules.

Oh, and "ATC controllers " is a Tautology. Air Traffic Control Controllers is redundant.

[
Clinton signed NAFTA, and I will bet you voted for him, twice!

I'll explain this to you one more time. Until 2008, I was probably just as right wing as you and Poodle, just not as much of a heartless douchebag. So, no, didn't vote for Clinton. Even thought he should be impeached for lying about a blowjob.

And I do think NAFTA was a bad treaty, but it's one both parties were responsible for. Both parties drink the Free Trade Koolaid.

The point is, the GOP kept all these bad trade treaties and expanded them even AFTER it was pretty clear they were horrible ideas. (And that point should have been the 2001 Recession.)

[
I suggest that the cost to GM and Ford buying employees health insurance is one helluva lot less than what it would cost the taxpayers to have government provide it. And, there is such a thing as a union contract that negotiated health insurance as a benefit for auto workers. Do you suggest Obama bust the unions?

Two things. First, not everyone who works for GM is in the Union.

Second, what costs the money is that the costs of providing health care is increasing at three times the rate of inflation.

Now, part of GM's problem is that when it went from completely manufacturing cars to merely assembling them, they ended up with a very small workforce paying in and a lot of retirees collecting. This has limited the donor pool to insurance. (Not just a problem with GM but all companies, really, trying to do more with less.)

Now, again, the point you glossed over. Japan and Germany HAVE universal health care paid for by their governments. They are vastly more competitive than we are.

Hmmm. I wonder why?

[

Guy, my side is THE TRUTH, not the Left or the right.

They've been putting Flouridation in the water for 50 years.

And while in my parents generation it was common for people to lose all their teeth by their 50s, most people today still have theirs.

Joe - no one LIES more here on USMB than you. And no one is called out more for LYING than you. You are a pathological liar. And that is proven by your absurd post here lying about your pathological lying! :lol:

Who the fuck are you trying to kid here?!? :cuckoo:

And now they are easing Hannity out the door, too. Buh-bye.

Aww....is 'lil Joseph upset that Sean Hannity makes more money in an hour than Joseph makes in a year? :lol:

Better hope this lie of Hannity being "fired" doesn't turn out for Hannity like your lie about Beck's "firing":

"Beck left the Fox News Channel in 2011 after hosting a popular, hour-long, weekday program on the network."

"Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, who purportedly challenged Beck’s desire to depart"

"Glenn has increased the ratings of the 5pm time slot at Fox by 131% compared to the programming airing before his start. In case you don’t know how to read percentages, that’s doubling the ratings, plus another 31%."

"How did Glenn do in comparison to his lead in hour? He increased the ratings by about 95%."

"4–Beck vs Everyone else at 5pm combined

FOXN Beck 462

CNN Situation Room 210

MSNBC Hardball 168

HLN Showbiz 78"

And my personal favorite:

"As for Beck, Forbes magazine reported that in 2011, he earned $80 million — more than any other political celebrity and much more than he had earned at Fox."

I fuck'n love how Glenn Beck's popularity pisses you off! He's so popular with the American people, he's pulling down $80 million per year while your dumb ass can't even pull down $40k per year....

:dance:

Glenn Becks ratings

Why Roger Ailes Let Glenn Beck Leave | The New York Observer

Fox News: Glenn Beck left

Forum List

Back