Obama - a legacy of recycling Jimmy Carter's failed policies

What in the world do personal effort and overcoming failure have to do with the way working people are treated or how much time a person spends at the office?

Dafuq?

Joe, I realize you have an intense animus towards businesses, and I know there's nothing I can do about that, but I'm clearly talking about the individual and his ability to make his life better on his own. And that's clearly what the quote is about. It's not about businesses or unions or income or "fairness". He's talking about his failures as an individual and an unwillingness to give up. Clearly.

If you don't think that a person can make their own life better, that's certainly up to you, but sincerely, that's sad to see. Everyone fails. Pointing the finger elsewhere is a wasteful exercise. Life is short.

Yawn, guy, this isn't about me. Frankly, I've been knocked down a bunch of times, you have no fucking idea. And I get up every time. I've lived through shit that would have you and fucking Poodle squealing like little babies (like losing both of my parents when I was 19.)

The fact is, though, I'm really tired of giving a pass to the guys who screw me over. No more passes. If ObamaCare scares them, BRING IT ON BABY!!!! I'm honestly tired of watching the country wither and decent people struggle because their greed vastly exceeds their needs.

No one NEEDS a Dressage Horsie. No one Needs a 50 room mansion.

As Herbert Hoover pointed out, the problem with Capitalism is CAPITALISTS. They're too fucking greedy.

You don't NEED your freedom (you can survive just fine behind bars - millions do it every day in this country). So by your rationale, we should arrest you right now and put you in prison. :cuckoo:

Your envy of those who have something you don't is really disturbing. I give it less than two years before you start shooting innocent people like the guy in the Naval shipyard the other day...

Correction: Joe does not have animosity towards business, he has animosity towards work. But he can't go out and say that - so all he can blame is the business for expecting him to work in return for the money they give him.

Guy, I work three jobs, one of them my own business.

and, frankly, if the businesses I work for paid me a fair share - the value I actually generate- I'd be sitting pretty easy.

(To be fair, the third one, the resume writing business, I only charge a fraction of what my competition does. Which is too bad, I've seen their work.)

But the kind of person who gets the Corner Office is usually a horrible human being. This is what 22 years in the Private Sector has taught me.

22 years in the private sector have taught me that people get exactly what they deserve. Nothing less. Nothing more.

[

Joe - no one LIES more here on USMB than you. And no one is called out more for LYING than you. You are a pathological liar. And that is proven by your absurd post here lying about your pathological lying! :lol:

Who the fuck are you trying to kid here?!? :cuckoo:

Being called a liar by people woh believe in Talking Snakes and Trickle Down is a compliment, not an insult.

You can judge a man by the quality of his enemies.

Correction: Joe does not have animosity towards business, he has animosity towards work. But he can't go out and say that - so all he can blame is the business for expecting him to work in return for the money they give him.

Guy, I work three jobs, one of them my own business.

and, frankly, if the businesses I work for paid me a fair share - the value I actually generate- I'd be sitting pretty easy.

(To be fair, the third one, the resume writing business, I only charge a fraction of what my competition does. Which is too bad, I've seen their work.)

But the kind of person who gets the Corner Office is usually a horrible human being. This is what 22 years in the Private Sector has taught me.

22 years in the private sector have taught me that people get exactly what they deserve. Nothing less. Nothing more.

You've worked EXACTLY the same number of years in the private sector I have? That's a coninkydink.

Frankly, what I've found is the guy in the corner office is usually the one with the least ethics. I've given the litany of bad behavior I've seen in the past- sexual harrassment, discrimination on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, etc.

I just simply have been around the block too many times to really buy the "Meritocracy" argument.

The thing is, I really had all I need to know after the FIRST Civilian job I worked. But I kidded myself into thinking, "Well, that was just the really bad one, the next will be better." And I felt even a bit justified when the two punks who inherited the company from Mommy and Daddy ran it into the ground in a year. (One of them was a Christian Bible thumpin' idiot who preached to us at every oppurtunity. )

You don't NEED your freedom (you can survive just fine behind bars - millions do it every day in this country). So by your rationale, we should arrest you right now and put you in prison. :cuckoo:

Your envy of those who have something you don't is really disturbing. I give it less than two years before you start shooting innocent people like the guy in the Naval shipyard the other day...

Poodle, bigger fonts don't make your point any less silly.

You can scream "Freedom" all day, but frankly, I can do without the freedom to be fucked over by greedy, stupid managers who never should have been managers to start with. I can do without the freedom to work three jobs to make other people rich because they've been given a license to steal.

When the poor steal, it's called crime. When the Rich steal, it's called profits.

And now they are easing Hannity out the door, too. Buh-bye.

Aww....is 'lil Joseph upset that Sean Hannity makes more money in an hour than Joseph makes in a year? :lol:

No, I'm upset that people like Hannity - and Limbaugh and Beck and to be fair I'll throw in Sharpton and Olbermann - are poison to our political process.

Another one of those things I remember when I was growing up was that at a certain point, elections end and the two sides sat down and did the job they were elected to do. That doesn't happen because if either side even talks comprimise, they are lynched on hate radio and talk TV.

[
Better hope this lie of Hannity being "fired" doesn't turn out for Hannity like your lie about Beck's "firing":

"Beck left the Fox News Channel in 2011 after hosting a popular, hour-long, weekday program on the network."

"Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, who purportedly challenged Beck’s desire to depart"

"Glenn has increased the ratings of the 5pm time slot at Fox by 131% compared to the programming airing before his start. In case you don’t know how to read percentages, that’s doubling the ratings, plus another 31%."

"How did Glenn do in comparison to his lead in hour? He increased the ratings by about 95%."

"4–Beck vs Everyone else at 5pm combined

"As for Beck, Forbes magazine reported that in 2011, he earned $80 million — more than any other political celebrity and much more than he had earned at Fox."

And not a bit of that mattered. The problem Beck had was that while people were still watching his show that was on when 90% of the world was either at work or driving home from work, no company wanted their products advertised on it. Doesn't really matter how many people watch your show if no one will pay to have their products advertised on it.

This is why he was fired.

I fuck'n love how Glenn Beck's popularity pisses you off! He's so popular with the American people, he's pulling down $80 million per year while your dumb ass can't even pull down $40k per year....

]

Yes, like most cult leaders, Beck is very good at fleecing money from less smart people. So he's right up there with Rev. Moon and L. Ron Hubbard.

But hardly a role model.

[

What in the world do personal effort and overcoming failure have to do with the way working people are treated or how much time a person spends at the office?

Dafuq?

Joe, I realize you have an intense animus towards businesses, and I know there's nothing I can do about that, but I'm clearly talking about the individual and his ability to make his life better on his own. And that's clearly what the quote is about. It's not about businesses or unions or income or "fairness". He's talking about his failures as an individual and an unwillingness to give up. Clearly.

If you don't think that a person can make their own life better, that's certainly up to you, but sincerely, that's sad to see. Everyone fails. Pointing the finger elsewhere is a wasteful exercise. Life is short.

Yawn, guy, this isn't about me. Frankly, I've been knocked down a bunch of times, you have no fucking idea. And I get up every time. I've lived through shit that would have you and fucking Poodle squealing like little babies (like losing both of my parents when I was 19.)

The fact is, though, I'm really tired of giving a pass to the guys who screw me over. No more passes. If ObamaCare scares them, BRING IT ON BABY!!!! I'm honestly tired of watching the country wither and decent people struggle because their greed vastly exceeds their needs.

No one NEEDS a Dressage Horsie. No one Needs a 50 room mansion.

As Herbert Hoover pointed out, the problem with Capitalism is CAPITALISTS. They're too fucking greedy.

No, no one NEEDS a Dressage Horsie or a 50-room mansion. I wonder how lefties feel about other lefties who have those things. When Barbra Streisand and Michael Moore trade in their estates for one-bedroom apartments, I'll buy this stuff.

These people exist in virtually every country on the planet. Except those countries, of course, whose economies barely exist because they're controlled by the government.

You may have been screwed over, I don't know. But you're clearly operating on pure anger and emotion here, so I won't try to reason with you. But the good news for you is that it looks like you're going to get your way. Effort, sacrifice, discipline and success are all now being treated as negatives. Holy crap. Never in my wildest dreams. We're lowering standards at every opportunity.

We can let other countries of the world value hard work and success, fuck it. We'll just watch. Then we'll be able to stew in our anger and bitterness and jealousy over what people in other countries have. Bonus.

No, no one NEEDS a Dressage Horsie or a 50-room mansion. I wonder how lefties feel about other lefties who have those things. When Barbra Streisand and Michael Moore trade in their estates for one-bedroom apartments, I'll buy this stuff.

Moore and Streisand aren't putting hundreds of working Joe's out of jobs to get their wealth. This is the point you seem to freakin' miss. The real problem is that besides this kind of "Success" screws over the working people whose virtue you want to praise, in the long run, it's unsustainable. 2008 was the wheels coming off the wagon, but the lugnuts were loosened when we disbanded unions and signed free trade treaties that screwed our working people to make the Mitt Romney's of the world richer.

These people exist in virtually every country on the planet. Except those countries, of course, whose economies barely exist because they're controlled by the government.

But that's not really true, either. In fact, while the average American CEO makes 480 times what a line worker makes, a CEO in Japan makes about 11 times as much. A CEO in the UK makes about 12 times as much. This craziness where we pay people 8 figure salaries to run companies badly is just plain destructive, but we have magazines like Fortune that put these guys in glossy photospreads like they are the best thing ever.

You may have been screwed over, I don't know. But you're clearly operating on pure anger and emotion here, so I won't try to reason with you. But the good news for you is that it looks like you're going to get your way. Effort, sacrifice, discipline and success are all now being treated as negatives. Holy crap. Never in my wildest dreams. We're lowering standards at every opportunity..

You might have stumbled into a point here.

Frankly, why do I work three jobs? Well, the last job left me with a shitload of medical debt I need to pay down, and I'm not the kind of guy who declares bankruptcy. So really, I'm working very hard to pay off the banks and the doctors so they can have their dressage horsies and mansions.

Point is, 1% control 47% of the wealth. 20% controls 85% of the wealth. They are not doing a corresponding amount of the work, and that's the problem. You really can't extol the virtues of work when someone else is getting the benefits.

We can let other countries of the world value hard work and success, fuck it. We'll just watch. Then we'll be able to stew in our anger and bitterness and jealousy over what people in other countries have. Bonus.

Here's the problem. Those other countries that "value hard work" actually let the people who do the work see the value of it. In Germany and Japan, not only are the workplaces unionized with good wages, but hey, get this, they even have a say in who the CEO is and how much he gets paid.

You can scream "Freedom" all day, but frankly, I can do without the freedom to be fucked over by greedy, stupid managers who never should have been managers to start with. I can do without the freedom to work three jobs to make other people rich because they've been given a license to steal.

When the poor steal, it's called crime. When the Rich steal, it's called profits.

I didn't say one word about their freedom. I was talking about YOUR freedom.

You said, (and I quote) "No one NEEDS a Dressage Horsie. No one Needs a 50 room mansion.". Well, if you're going to base laws on NEED - the fact is, you don't NEED your freedom. So by your own rational, should we lock YOU up?

It's a simple question Joe

The problem Beck had was that while people were still watching his show that was on when 90% of the world was either at work or driving home from work, no company wanted their products advertised on it. Doesn't really matter how many people watch your show if no one will pay to have their products advertised on it.

Uhhh....what? Advertisers pay based solely by how many people watch your show. Therefore, how many people watch your show is the only thing that matters... :cuckoo:

The problem Beck had was that while people were still watching his show that was on when 90% of the world was either at work or driving home from work, no company wanted their products advertised on it. Doesn't really matter how many people watch your show if no one will pay to have their products advertised on it.

Uhhh....what? Advertisers pay based solely by how many people watch your show. Therefore, how many people watch your show is the only thing that matters... :cuckoo:

Uh, they also pay based on, "Do I want to have my product associated with a race-baiter".

And that was the problem with Beck. Advertisers DIDN'T WANT THEIR PRODUCTS ASSOCIATED WITH HIM.

Nearly every major corporation in the country had a "No Beck" policy. This is why Fox fired him. They couldn't sell his program.

Yeah, not as many people watch the five, but people don't mind having their commercials on it.

You said, (and I quote) "No one NEEDS a Dressage Horsie. No one Needs a 50 room mansion.". Well, if you're going to base laws on NEED - the fact is, you don't NEED your freedom. So by your own rational, should we lock YOU up?

No, it's a silly question.

The kind of "Freedom" you talk about is Somalia. Somalia is the freest place on the earth.

Anyone can do whatever the fuck they want because no one will tell them otherwise.

Of course, the wealthy can't exist in Somalia because someone can just come along and take what they have. They'd probably eat the fucking Dressage Horsie.

So what we have in a CIVILIZED society is a tradeoff of limits. Which is fine, but there should be just as many rules for the rich as the rest of us.

And you can whine about freedom all day, but I want laws to make sure they keep their promises, without having to fight through years of litigation.

I would call this astounding "failure" - except that these are the exact results Obama intended from the beginning:

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday that U.S. employers added only 169,000 jobs in August and that the labor force participation rate edged down to 63.2 percent, its lowest point since August 1978.

(and who was president again in 1978?)

It’s worth noting that the unemployment rate today would be approximately 10.8% if labor force participation were at January 2009 levels.

(after 4.5 years and 100% of the policies he insisted would "solve" the problem - we see an economy exponentially worse than the one he inherited)

Obamas failed economy

It's worth noting that if congress allowed Obama to do the same sort of MASSIVE spending that Reagan and George W. Bush did..unemployment would probably be around 5%.

Obama has spent at least $2 trillion ($2,000,000,000) more in 4 years than Bush did in 8 years and unemployment was around 5% during the Bush years, or at least it was until the Democrats got control of the Congress in 2006 and effed it up.

No, it's a silly question.

The kind of "Freedom" you talk about is Somalia. Somalia is the freest place on the earth. Anyone can do whatever the fuck they want because no one will tell them otherwise. Of course, the wealthy can't exist in Somalia because someone can just come along and take what they have. They'd probably eat the fucking Dressage Horsie.

So what we have in a CIVILIZED society is a tradeoff of limits. Which is fine, but there should be just as many rules for the rich as the rest of us.

And you can whine about freedom all day, but I want laws to make sure they keep their promises, without having to fight through years of litigation.

Joseph - no matter how many times you play this disingenuous game and pretend to not understand the question, it's not going to make your case any stronger (you do understand that everyone else reading this comprehends what is being said, don't you?).

I'm not advocating anything in this particular case. I'm responding to your irrational and absurd statement that "No one NEEDS a Dressage Horsie. No one Needs a 50 room mansion."

My response was very clear - if you are going to make the case that laws should be based on "NEED", then I can throw you in prison without cause and without trial since you do not "need" your rights or your freedom. So unless you're a hypocrite, you agree with me here and you should be locked away for no reason at all - right?

Obama has spent at least $2 trillion ($2,000,000,000) more in 4 years than Bush did in 8 years and unemployment was around 5% during the Bush years, or at least it was until the Democrats got control of the Congress in 2006 and effed it up.

Oookay, you keep telling yourself that.

Besides your numbers being WAAAAAY off.

Joseph - the reason you make vague statements like this without any specific numbers and without any links is because you know you're wrong.

Since I'm informed and I'm right, I'm going to provide both specific numbers and links.

The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama’s three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms (8 years) of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office (3.5 years). Please not this article was from early 2012.

Has National Debt Increased More Under Obama Than Bush?

Later in 2012, we see from the chart below that when Bush left office, the national debt stood at just over $10 trillion. Today it is rapidly approaching $17 trillion.

Now for some basic math for Joseph. $16 trillion minus $10 trillion equals $6 trillion. Now since we already established that Bush ran up $4.899 trillion in 8 years, and we just established that Obama has run up well over $6 trillion in 4 years, we can subtract those numbers and we end up with over $2 trillion more in Obama debt in 4 years than Bush had total in 8 years (or, the exact number [MENTION=43491]TooTall[/MENTION] cited). How embarrassing for you Joseph...

A3AtNLDCcAELd3e.jpg:large

[

Joseph - no matter how many times you play this disingenuous game and pretend to not understand the question, it's not going to make your case any stronger (you do understand that everyone else reading this comprehends what is being said, don't you?).

I'm not advocating anything in this particular case. I'm responding to your irrational and absurd statement that "No one NEEDS a Dressage Horsie. No one Needs a 50 room mansion."

My response was very clear - if you are going to make the case that laws should be based on "NEED", then I can throw you in prison without cause and without trial since you do not "need" your rights or your freedom. So unless you're a hypocrite, you agree with me here and you should be locked away for no reason at all - right?

I don't know who everyone else is, I only hear you making this stupid defense of greed.

No one needs a Dressage Horse. There's no reason for the REST of society to tolerate a guy who destroys whole communities and families to have one.

The problem with you guys who scream "Freedom" all day is that what you are usually defending is "My right to act like a douchebag".

The simple definition of freedom is this. Your Freedom to Swing your Arm ends at my nose.

The problem is, what you want is a right for the rich to be able to upend the rest of our lives, because.. .um, y eah, Freedom.

So as much as you whine about "Communism" all day, what really terrifies you is Democracy.

[

I don't know who everyone else is, I only hear you making this stupid defense of greed.

No one needs a Dressage Horse. There's no reason for the REST of society to tolerate a guy who destroys whole communities and families to have one.

The problem with you guys who scream "Freedom" all day is that what you are usually defending is "My right to act like a douchebag".

The simple definition of freedom is this. Your Freedom to Swing your Arm ends at my nose.

The problem is, what you want is a right for the rich to be able to upend the rest of our lives, because.. .um, y eah, Freedom.

So as much as you whine about "Communism" all day, what really terrifies you is Democracy.

You, like all other communists, define democracy in a similar way.

Communist+Poster.jpg

Oookay, you keep telling yourself that.

Besides your numbers being WAAAAAY off.

Joseph - the reason you make vague statements like this without any specific numbers and without any links is because you know you're wrong.

Since I'm informed and I'm right, I'm going to provide both specific numbers and links.

]

Guy, the statement made was that Bush spent 2 Trillion more in 4 years than Bush spent in 8.

This simply was not true and is not reflected in your chart.

The only thing that your chart indicates is that the Federal Debt HAS increased 51%. (After Bush nearly doubled it.)

[

You, like all other communists, define democracy in a similar way.

]

Yawn, guy.

Afraid people might vote to take away your toys before the big boys let you play with them?

Fact is, what causes communism- every time- is when the rich abuse their privilages.

The Capitalist argument is that a rising tide raises all boats.

But if the other boats don't rise, people just stop putting up with that shit.

"The problem with Capitalism is Capitalists. They're too damned Greedy!" - Herbert Hoover.

Forum List

Back