Obama - a legacy of recycling Jimmy Carter's failed policies

[

Maybe many of these people just think "they work hard". Maybe if they were exercising the self-discipline and sacrifice that some others do, taking the risks that others do, putting in the hours that others do, taking on the stress and responsibilities that others do, they would realize that maybe they weren't working as hard as they thought.

But there's no way they could know. That doesn't stop them from complaining -- out of pure ignorance.

And does Jordan's divorce make his points wrong? It just wipes out the entire point? It makes it somehow wrong? Come on Joe, I know you're better than that.

This is why I know this whole issue is a waste of time.

I've seen people who bust their asses 60 hours a week get downsized because they got sick while the person who was kissing the boss's ass all day got promotions they hardly earned (and often made a muddle of it when they did.) I've seen people fired because they were gay, I've seen people fired because they got pregnant, I've seen people get fired because their ex-girlfriend was now sleeping with a manager and they got the ax.

Simply put, I've been around the block too many times to buy the "Meritocracy" bullshit that is spewed by the apologists for the status quo. it's usually spewed by people who are born on third base and thought they hit a triple.

If you want to use the NBA as an example, the thing is, all the guys who aren't MJ get a good salary because they belong to a player's union, that makes sure that they get their fair share of the huge gobs of money that are being bandied about.

[

Maybe many of these people just think "they work hard". Maybe if they were exercising the self-discipline and sacrifice that some others do, taking the risks that others do, putting in the hours that others do, taking on the stress and responsibilities that others do, they would realize that maybe they weren't working as hard as they thought.

But there's no way they could know. That doesn't stop them from complaining -- out of pure ignorance.

And does Jordan's divorce make his points wrong? It just wipes out the entire point? It makes it somehow wrong? Come on Joe, I know you're better than that.

I've seen people who bust their asses 60 hours a week get downsized because they got sick while the person who was kissing the boss's ass all day got promotions they hardly earned (and often made a muddle of it when they did.) I've seen people fired because they were gay, I've seen people fired because they got pregnant, I've seen people get fired because their ex-girlfriend was now sleeping with a manager and they got the ax.

Simply put, I've been around the block too many times to buy the "Meritocracy" bullshit that is spewed by the apologists for the status quo. it's usually spewed by people who are born on third base and thought they hit a triple.

If you want to use the NBA as an example, the thing is, all the guys who aren't MJ get a good salary because they belong to a player's union, that makes sure that they get their fair share of the huge gobs of money that are being bandied about.

There are always going to be people who were born on third base who think they hit a triple. In every country on the planet. Forever.

That doesn't make them the rule.

If we look at that and let us wreck our lives, I guess it will wreck our lives. We can choose to look at that and let it make us bitter and angry, we can let it make us give up and just point the finger at the exceptions to the rule.

Many of us choose not to let it wreck our lives.

And many of us will at some point realize that money doesn't buy happiness. I can give you plenty of examples of "rich" people I know who fit that saying to a tee. So I don't really understand the "that other guy has more than me" thing.

Once we de-value effort and sacrifice and success, it's over. And actually, I think it already is.

Michael-Jordan-01.jpg

Last edited:
[

There are always going to be people who were born on third base who think they hit a triple. In every country on the planet. Forever.

That doesn't make them the rule.

If we look at that and let us wreck our lives, I guess it will wreck our lives. We can choose to look at that and let it make us bitter and angry, we can let it make us give up and just point the finger.

Many of us choose not to let it wreck our lives.

And many of us will at some point realize that money doesn't buy happiness. I can give you plenty of examples of "rich" people I know who fit that saying to a tee.

Once we de-value effort and sacrifice and success, it's over. And actually, I think it already is.

]

Okay, guy, here's the thing. The worship of greed is what got us into the current mess we are in.

From the Bernie Madoffs who made billions disappear in Ponzi Schemes to the folks who bought houses that they couldn't afford on the hope of flipping them in two years.

Mitt Romney got rich destroying the lives of thousands of working people, and half the country wanted to put him in charge of the whole country.

I really don't have a problem with "success". As long as it includes protecting other people from their greed and they pay their fair share, if their only goal in life is to buy a mansion and a dressage pony, more power to them.

Jimmy Carter's failed policies meant that the government took 21.1% of the GDP

Ronal Reagan's failed policies meant that the government took 21.8% of the GDP.

Do you get it YET, lad?

Everything you think you know about economics and politics is wrong, son.

It's not wrong because you are a bad person, it's wrong because you have been lied to over and over and over again.

Pick up a fucking book and educate yourself, kid.

Also, seriously, fuck rich people. We should tax the fuck out of them anyway, just for fucking kicks.

Nobody is advancing the conservative cause as fast as Barack Obama and envious little libtards like JoeB. here. It's shit like this here which gave rise to the Tea Party and laid down was of the most epic political ass-kickings ever in the 2010 midterm elections. :clap:

Keep it up Dumbocrats - at the rate you're going (bankrupting Detroit, collapsing California, raping women at OWS events, and crying "fuck the only people in this nation who produce anything"), you'll make yourselves extinct in record time!

:dance:

And yet you crave being CHEATED and LIED to by your government :cuckoo:

No, man, that would be the asshole who insists there were WMD's found in Iraq when there weren't. You seem fine with being lied to by your government, as long as rich people can profit off the war. (and who cares if poor kids come home in body bags or without limbs?)

Hey dumb ass - you're the one who wants to serve your Dumbocrat. You're willing to give them ALL money and ALL power.

I'm the one who is trying to return money and power back to the people because I know government is nothing but a bunch of lying assholes. The only question is, why aren't you trying to do the same thing? Oh wait - that's right - because you're fuck'n lazy and you'd rather have government table scraps than live a life of luxury if it means earning that luxury yourself... :eusa_whistle:

Jimmy Carter's failed policies meant that the government took 21.1% of the GDP

Ronal Reagan's failed policies meant that the government took 21.8% of the GDP.

Do you get it YET, lad?

Everything you think you know about economics and politics is wrong, son.

It's not wrong because you are a bad person, it's wrong because you have been lied to over and over and over again.

Pick up a fucking book and educate yourself, kid.

One of the most ignorant posts in USMB history.

Unemployment: UP under Carter, DOWN under Reagan
Inflation: UP under Carter, DOWN under Reagan
Poverty: UP under Carter, DOWN under Reagan

Who gives a fuck that government ate up a minuscule .7% of GDP under Reagan because he had to rebuild a military decimated by a limp-wristed, passivist pussy Dumbocrat who surrendered our Embassy in Iran and handed them Americans for hostages?

You cherry pick one completely irrelevant statistic and try to pass it off as "proof" that Carter created a better economy than Reagan (when even Jimmy Carter himself would fuck'n admit otherwise).

What you posted is wrong and it is because you are a bad person who refuses to accept facts over misguided ideology.

This is what you don't get. 20 years ago, I'd have never voted for someone like Obama.

Today, I would. In fact, my biggest problem with Obama is he doesn't go far enough.

And that's why dill-hole's like you and Obama are doing more for the conservative movement than even the great Ronald Reagan ever could....

I pray you and Obama take it further. Oh please God, let these libtards take it further? I'd love to see them wake the American people and then watch the American people turn on them like rabid pit bulls...

This is what you don't get. 20 years ago, I'd have never voted for someone like Obama.

Today, I would. In fact, my biggest problem with Obama is he doesn't go far enough.

And that's why dill-hole's like you and Obama are doing more for the conservative movement than even the great Ronald Reagan ever could....

I pray you and Obama take it further. Oh please God, let these libtards take it further? I'd love to see them wake the American people and then watch the American people turn on them like rabid pit bulls...

Uh, yeah, right. Didn't you say they were going to do that last November?

Fuck, man, if it weren't for all the confused racists, Romney would have lost 49 states.

But you honestly did reach a new level of Crazy when you called municipal water supplies a communist plot.

monopoly_water_works.jpg

Fuck, man, if it weren't for all the confused racists, Romney would have lost 49 states.

But you honestly did reach a new level of Crazy when you called municipal water supplies a communist plot.

monopoly_water_works.jpg

Except that I never referred to "municipal water supplies" as "communist". I never implied it either. You're LIES continue to pile up and humiliate you. And they prove that you have had your ass thoroughly handed to you - which is why you feel the need to lie.

"We like our water from a common reservoir" (nice spelling by the way - no wonder you're not employable) is Joe code for "I want someone to provide my water for me - preferably in a bottle with a nipple just like mommy used to do for me".

1.) You can go to the store and purchase bottled water

2.) You can collect rain water and boil it or treat it with iodine

3.) You can harvest water from the ground through a variety of techniques such as "witching"

4.) You can purchase an atmospheric water generator that would provide you with unlimited clean drinking water that no business could contaminate

But all of those simple solutions require one common denominator - personal responsibility. JoeB. would have to get up off of his lazy ass and actually provide for himself. And that is something lazy JoeB refuses to accept.

And not a one of those things would provide as good of water as we get out of the city water supply, mope. But damn. A Clean Water system that provides decent water to everyone! COMMUNIST!!!!! Don't you know only the wealthy deserve to drink clean water!!!

:lmao: Actually, each one (especially the atmospheric water generator) provides exponentially better water than the chemical infested, half-assed government water (and you know it too - but you're too lazy to do anything for yourself, so you create a false narrative to push the "tax payer do it for me" agenda).

monopoly_water_works.jpg

Except that I never referred to "municipal water supplies" as "communist". I never implied it either. You're LIES continue to pile up and humiliate you. And they prove that you have had your ass thoroughly handed to you - which is why you feel the need to lie.

The fact you are even trying to go there, that dammit, we should all get our own water instead of demanding government provide it like a bunch of "Communists", you kind of outed yourself as a Libertarian Crazy.

Okay, is there ANYTHING you really think the government should provide to people just because they are citizens? I mean, other than abstract nonsense like "Freedom" and "Liberty"?

"We like our water from a common reservoir" (nice spelling by the way - no wonder you're not employable) is Joe code for "I want someone to provide my water for me - preferably in a bottle with a nipple just like mommy used to do for me".

1.) You can go to the store and purchase bottled water

2.) You can collect rain water and boil it or treat it with iodine

3.) You can harvest water from the ground through a variety of techniques such as "witching"

4.) You can purchase an atmospheric water generator that would provide you with unlimited clean drinking water that no business could contaminate

But all of those simple solutions require one common denominator - personal responsibility. JoeB. would have to get up off of his lazy ass and actually provide for himself. And that is something lazy JoeB refuses to accept.

And not a one of those things would provide as good of water as we get out of the city water supply, mope. But damn. A Clean Water system that provides decent water to everyone! COMMUNIST!!!!! Don't you know only the wealthy deserve to drink clean water!!!

:lmao: Actually, each one (especially the atmospheric water generator) provides exponentially better water than the chemical infested, half-assed government water (and you know it too - but you're too lazy to do anything for yourself, so you create a false narrative to push the "tax payer do it for me" agenda).

No, I just trust the government engineers, scientists and experts to be better at producing the hundreds of gallons of water I might use in a week for me more than an atmospheric "generator"...

Damn Commies wanting to provide people with clean water. How dare they!!!!

You realize you've gone completely over the bend. If I was feeling particularly evil today, I might mention Floridation...

No, I just trust the government engineers, scientists and experts to be better at producing the hundreds of gallons of water I might use in a week for me more than an atmospheric "generator"...

Damn Commies wanting to provide people with clean water. How dare they!!!!

You realize you've gone completely over the bend. If I was feeling particularly evil today, I might mention Floridation...

give it up Joe, Rotty kicked your libtardian ass on this one :lol:

[

give it up Joe, Rotty kicked your libtardian ass on this one :lol:

only thing he did was expose his own crazy.

Seriously? Water Works are a Communist Plot, we should all go out and get our own water and not have the gummit do it?

This is the problem with the GOP today. They've become so insane on the issue of government they simply cannot be trusted with elected office.

Joe - "taxing the shit" out of corporations is what caused them to ship jobs overseas in the first place. It's a simple fact that we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. You cannot combat that with more taxes.

That's like saying a short dress made you rape that girl. It's bullshit. Guy, I work in this feild. Free Trade is as much about breaking the middle class as it is about making a profit for the greedy. Also, America has about the lowest taxes in the Industrialized world. So why are countries like Germany and Japan, which have higher tax rates, more prosperous?

No Joe, that's like raping a girl and the police telling her they are going to rape her again to "solve" the original rape. That is exactly what your dumb ass is proposing with your tax plan. :cuckoo:

I love how you use completely unrelated, nonsensical "analogies" when I pin you in the corner with FACTS (like the FACT that we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world). It was "taxing the shit" out of corporations that sent the jobs overseas ass-hat! You created the problem and then you cry the loudest about it.

Joe - "taxing the shit" out of corporations is what caused them to ship jobs overseas in the first place. It's a simple fact that we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. You cannot combat that with more taxes.

That's like saying a short dress made you rape that girl. It's bullshit. Guy, I work in this feild. Free Trade is as much about breaking the middle class as it is about making a profit for the greedy. Also, America has about the lowest taxes in the Industrialized world. So why are countries like Germany and Japan, which have higher tax rates, more prosperous?

No Joe, that's like raping a girl and the police telling her they are going to rape her again to "solve" the original rape. That is exactly what your dumb ass is proposing with your tax plan. :cuckoo:

I love how you use completely unrelated, nonsensical "analogies" when I pin you in the corner with FACTS (like the FACT that we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world). It was "taxing the shit" out of corporations that sent the jobs overseas ass-hat! You created the problem and then you cry the loudest about it.

Guy, paying your fair share isn't a rape.

I don't see the Koch Brothers moving to Somalia where they have a Libertarian Paradise of lots of guns, no government and crazy religion.

What the Koch Brothers and their ilk want is a government that protects their perqs, and they want the working class to pay for it.

Your argument would make sense if when they fail, they are allowed to just fail. But we don't do that.

The wealthy crashed the economy, and they got huge bailouts. They got to keep their big salaries and their bonuses and none of them went to jail.

And then they got stupid people like you to form "Tea Parties" to complain about the bailouts they got.

Meanwhile, Texas has done the exact opposite of what you advocate for and they are flourishing. You're simply far too ignorant of basic economics to even take seriously, much less respect. Here, why don't you learn something for once in your angry, useless, miserable life....

Guy, I've been to texas. All I saw were dumb, bible thumping morons who live in poverty who don't know any better. Which is why they elect morons like Dubya and Perry.

Joe, seriously, this is just getting absurd now. It's an absolute FACT that the economy in Texas is flourishing right now. For you to sit here and lie that you went to Texas and they are "poor" because I'm proving your ideology a failed one is just nonsense. Don't you realize that if you have to lie, you're obviously wrong?!? Here - I'll post the article with FACTS again (just to humiliate you a second time):

High Tax States Are Losing Taxpayers - US News and World Report

So to summarize:

1.) Detroit implements Joe's ideology - they declare bankruptcy and have existed in severe poverty and misery for generations. The city is infested with drugs, prostitution, and homelessness. This is the America Joe wants to create so that wealthy people will not have anything he doesn't have and the envy that consumes him will be filled.

2.) Texas implements the exact opposite of Joe's ideology (they have no income tax at all, limited regulations) and the state is flourishing. Flush with jobs, money, assets, etc. Joe doesn't want this America. He's too lazy to work and you might end up with the latest iPhone which he won't have and it will make him stark-raving mad with envy.

Mmmm...geeee....this is just so tough. What works? What creates a better life for people? If only Joe had an IQ above a muskrat he might actually be able to figure out this "tough" one... :eusa_whistle:

Guy, I've been to Texas and Michigan...

Really, not big huge differences like you are making out.

Detroit was impoverished because the Auto Companies were incompetent and Republicans didn't protect our industries.

The Big Three were not defeated by Free thinking readers of Ayn Rand.

They were beaten by unionized, government-subsidized, single payer health care Japanese people who were just better at implementing manufacturing theories we came up with.

So by your logic, we shouldn't seek to be more like Texas, we should seek to be more like Japan.

Forum List

Back