Obama actually did lose Iraq, Graham explains the negotiations.

Why do people start threads about a subject that they are so ill informed about?

Yeah, my brother-in-law pulled multiple tours in the sandbox, and absolutely HATES Obozo and the Libs. Of course, I will state (before the Lib cowards jump in) that he earned the right to express his opinion.

Since you imply military service is a requisite for certain rights of expression, how much time have you spent in uniform and deployed ANYWHERE to earn the right to express your opinion about Obama? Are folks who have never served in uniform allowed to have an opinion and the right of expression? How about those who served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Kosovo or just Stateside? Do they have different rights than you brother-in-law?

No combat deployment ( no wars when I was in), but basic at Dix, AIT at Huachuca (96R), secondary 11H, seven years in based primarily out of Knox and Campbell. And you?

Dad served in Korea, 2 uncles in WWII, brother in law served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan...

Still waiting for your service....

I never asked if you served and don't really give a shit one way or the other. I only commented on your implication that those who had served were entitled to some superior right conditioned by that service akin to Roman Legion service during the Republic for the right of Roman citizenship. But you dodged that, didn't you. Care to respond to that post?

If you must know, cause I'm feeling you want to toss that back at me, I did my bit like many others in my lineage.

Four years USN with two deployments to SEA followed by seven years Navy fleet reserves. Currently receiving VA 100% disability compensation thanks to my guv'ment poisoning me and hundreds of thousand others with toxic herbicides to "win the hearts and minds" of others to defeat the Communist hoards in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
Now do you what us to pull out our Richards and compare them, piss ant?

Does my service entitle me to any special consideration above those of any other citizen of this Nation? Hell No! But you stated your brother-in-law has "earned" some higher right when you wrote, "I will state (before the Lib cowards jump in) that he earned the right to express his opinion." [Emphasis Added] The rights of EVERY AMERICAN are BIRTH RIGHTS that do not need to be earned. Your brother-in-law didn't earn a damn thing he didn't already have when he took his oath except for the Nations gratitude like the millions of others before him.

Thank you for your service to OUR Nation!

Yeah, my brother-in-law pulled multiple tours in the sandbox, and absolutely HATES Obozo and the Libs. Of course, I will state (before the Lib cowards jump in) that he earned the right to express his opinion.

Since you imply military service is a requisite for certain rights of expression, how much time have you spent in uniform and deployed ANYWHERE to earn the right to express your opinion about Obama? Are folks who have never served in uniform allowed to have an opinion and the right of expression? How about those who served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Kosovo or just Stateside? Do they have different rights than you brother-in-law?

No combat deployment ( no wars when I was in), but basic at Dix, AIT at Huachuca (96R), secondary 11H, seven years in based primarily out of Knox and Campbell. And you?

Dad served in Korea, 2 uncles in WWII, brother in law served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan...

I never asked if you served and don't really give a shit one way or the other. I only commented on your implication that those who had served were entitled to some superior right conditioned by that service akin to Roman Legion service during the Republic for the right of Roman citizenship. But you dodged that, didn't you. Care to respond to that post?

If you must know, cause I'm feeling you want to toss that back at me, I did my bit like many others in my lineage.

Four years USN with two deployments to SEA followed by seven years Navy fleet reserves. Currently receiving VA 100% disability compensation thanks to my guv'ment poisoning me and hundreds of thousand others with toxic herbicides to "win the hearts and minds" of others to defeat the Communist hoards in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.

Does my service entitle me to any special consideration above those of any other citizen of this Nation? Hell No! But you stated your brother-in-law has "earned" some higher right when you wrote, "I will state (before the Lib cowards jump in) that he earned the right to express his opinion." [Emphasis Added] The rights of EVERY AMERICAN are BIRTH RIGHTS that do not need to be earned. Your brother-in-law didn't earn a damn thing he didn't already have when he took his oath except for the Nations gratitude like the millions of others before him.

Thank you for your service. It's nice to occasionally run across a Lib that put it on the line to earn those rights for everyone , instead of someone that cries about the vets when they never had their own ass on the line.

Thank you for your service. It's nice to occasionally run across a Lib that put it on the line to earn those rights for everyone , instead of someone that cries about the vets when they never had their own ass on the line.

I'm not a Liberal. I don't belong to that tribe and certainly not to yours for that matter. I one of those rare birds...an Old School Constitutional Conservative.

I'm fucking sick of being thanked for my service by those who are just doing the PC thang. If you want to thank a Vietnam vet, Welcome Him Home after this.

Last edited:

I'm not a Liberal. I don't belong to that tribe and certainly not to yours for that matter. I one of those rare birds...a Constitutional Conservative.

I'm fucking sick of being thanked for my service by those who are just doing the PC thang. If you want to thank a Vietnam vet, Welcome Him Home after this.
I always do.... And it's not PC, it's gratitude for service, especially after the way our Vietnam vets were treated when they returned.

I'm not a Liberal. I don't belong to that tribe and certainly not to yours for that matter. I one of those rare birds...a Constitutional Conservative.

I always do.... And it's not PC, it's gratitude for service, especially after the way our Vietnam vets were treated when they returned.
So how do you feel about the Iraq veterans against the war? I've found that many who are thankful for military service change their tune when a veteran seems to be against starting another war. Many conservatives seem to expect veterans to be pro-war and cannot conceive someone who has been to war not wanting another one. I myself have experienced this on the rare occasions I bring up my own service in threads such as this.

So how do you feel about the Iraq veterans against the war? I've found that many who are thankful for military service change their tune when a veteran seems to be against starting another war. Many conservatives seem to expect veterans to be pro-war and cannot conceive someone who has been to war not wanting another one. I myself have experienced this on the rare occasions I bring up my own service in threads such as this.

Yup! - Only 44% of US soldiers think Iraq was wort fighting. 50% say it was Not worth fighting.

70% of troops say no boots on ground in Iraq !!!

Last edited:

Yup! - Only 44% of US soldiers think Iraq was wort fighting. 50% say it was Not worth fighting.

70% of troops say no boots on ground in Iraq

And that 50% will grow with the passage of time.

Obama wanted to keep 10,000 troops in Iraq

rulings%2Ftom-mostlytrue.gif

What killed the deal

The agreement failed over a demand that American troops be given immunity from prosecution by Iraqis, a very touchy political issue within the Iraqi Parliament. Some experts said Iraqi leaders may not have been willing to take great political risk with their citizens in exchange for a relatively small American force.

But no immunity meant no sizable residual troop presence.

"When the Americans asked for immunity, the Iraqi side answered that it was not possible," al-Maliki said in an October 2011 news conference. "The discussions over the number of trainers and the place of training stopped. Now that the issue of immunity was decided and that no immunity to be given, the withdrawal has started."

Three years later, as the Islamic State advanced in the country and shocked the world, a CNN reporter asked Obama if he regretted the decision not to leave a residual force in Iraq. Obama said, "Keep in mind, that wasn't a decision made by me. That was a decision made by the Iraqi government."

The political overtones have ratcheted up with international headlines about Islamic State, which also is called ISIS. Conservatives blame Obama for pulling out too soon, for leaving Iraq vulnerable, and liberals argue the pullout deadline was prescribed by Bush.

"You pick your poison there," said Lance Janda, chairman of Cameron University’s Department of History and Government. "It’s fair to say no one saw this ISIS stuff coming."

Are you people this freaking stupid.....yes you are. The deal was accepted because obama wanted out, regardless of the cost or what would happen if we just picked up and left...and we see what happened, isis grew and is now using mustard gas.

Obama could have arranged any deal he wanted if he wanted it......they owed us everything, and had no say over the deal...they were holding out for perks and he just left.

The big lie of the Iraq situation is now being told by the democrats....if the democrats have one major super power it is the ability to create a big lie and get the country to believe it...of course being in charge of education, entertainment and the press helps a lot....but the internet won't let you completely control the lie.

Maliki stated several times that there was no way the Iraqi Parlament would allow the troops to stay. Graham knew that when he made his totally political claim.
That is a fact.

You realize that obama was President after Bush...and if he wanted troops to stay in Iraq he would have made it happen
So now Obama is the Emperor of Iraq as well as the Dictator of the USA. :asshole:

No, he was in the position to dictate terms to the corrupt guys in Iraq, we had troops on the ground, we were the ones who made their existence possible, so if we told them we were keeping troops in their country they would have nothing to say...since we didn't go there to free them but to stop their crazies from attacking us over there.
Excuse me, I had it backwards. He was the Dictator of Iraq and the Emperor of the USA.

Their citizens didn't start attacking us until we went over there to free them. If you remember, going there to free the the Iraqi people from Saddam the Dictator became the justification for Bush's War of choice when no real WMDs were found.

You lie like a rug!

Bush lost the Iraq war & hid the true cost from the American people. Iran supplied Iraq with roadside bombs, soldiers & training. They were killing the hell out of US & coalition forces. Our citizens & coalition partners had it with Abu-Ghraib & Bush-Cheney's lies & told them to kiss their ass.

Bush sent Condi Rice hat in hand to Iran negotiations. Bush offered Iran to keep running centrifuges to make nuclear weapons if they would please stop killing US in Iraq & keep the Shia from fighting US so we could exit. Then he sent $20 Billion Cash to Iraq & surged our troops there. We were getting killed big-time until we paid off the Sunni fighters to stop fighting US.

After giving our enemies everything they wanted to stop fighting US, Bush claimed the surge worked & started our exit from Iraq. After Abu-Ghraib the Iraqi Parilement & people would not allow US forces to stay in Iraq. Maliki would not give US soldiers immunity to Iraqi prosecution.

Obama had to pull US troops out before Iraq filled up their prison with them. Then Obama had to fix the Iran nuclear mess Bush created. Obama is getting Iran to hand over their 10 bomb stockpile of nuclear materials Bush allowed to to amass & halt production of the nuclear materials & bombs.

Gee, you make it sound like Obozo lied to us...
Flashback Obama We re Leaving Behind A Sovereign Stable And Self-Reliant Iraq - YouTube

All politicians lie. You are the one who chose to continue to believe Bush-Cheney. Bush's high school friend General Tommy Franks gave the stand down order to our US forces who had Osama Bin Laden cornered in Tora Bora. He allowed Bin Laden to flee & never chased him again. Pakistan arrested Bin Laden & allowed Obama to execute him. They respected Obama, not Bush who lied about everything.

Are you this stupid.....yes. obama was living free in pakistan, and obama didn't want to kill him, had to be told to do it by Leon Panetta........

Osama Bin Laden lived because Bush had friend General Tommy Franks give the stand-down order so he could escape. Obama killed Osama Bin Laden !!!

Shiites and Sunnis have been at war for over a thousand years. If Republicans weren't so ignorant and didn't believe education is for snobs, they would have known. They think the "surge" could have worked. As if pointing a hundred thousand guns at someone, making them stop fighting for a few minutes is sustainable and will work over the lost term You have to be completely tarded to believe something so ignorant.

The surge was highly successful. Don't you research before commenting and looking really stupid?

The amount of troops used in the surge is the amount of troops that should of been used in the initial invasion. Because Bush went in with so few troops munition dumps were left unguarded and that allowed Iraqi rebels to get what they needed for roadside bombs and car bombs. It also extended the war. So more troops died or became physically or mentallyscared for life, thanks to that blunder.
Thanks for bringing up the surge.

Does Hewitt or Graham tell you that they would be willing to do what Obama wouldn't do? Leave American troops in Iraq without immunity to Iraqi prosecution?
Do you mind taking ownership of this disaster for a change instead of deflecting to something irrelevant?

All politicians lie. You are the one who chose to continue to believe Bush-Cheney. Bush's high school friend General Tommy Franks gave the stand down order to our US forces who had Osama Bin Laden cornered in Tora Bora. He allowed Bin Laden to flee & never chased him again. Pakistan arrested Bin Laden & allowed Obama to execute him. They respected Obama, not Bush who lied about everything.

Are you this stupid.....yes. obama was living free in pakistan, and obama didn't want to kill him, had to be told to do it by Leon Panetta........

Osama Bin Laden lived because Bush had friend General Tommy Franks give the stand-down order so he could escape. Obama killed Osama Bin Laden !!!

Shiites and Sunnis have been at war for over a thousand years. If Republicans weren't so ignorant and didn't believe education is for snobs, they would have known. They think the "surge" could have worked. As if pointing a hundred thousand guns at someone, making them stop fighting for a few minutes is sustainable and will work over the lost term You have to be completely tarded to believe something so ignorant.

The surge was highly successful. Don't you research before commenting and looking really stupid?

The amount of troops used in the surge is the amount of troops that should of been used in the initial invasion. Because Bush went in with so few troops munition dumps were left unguarded and that allowed Iraqi rebels to get what they needed for roadside bombs and car bombs. It also extended the war. So more troops died or became physically or mentallyscared for life, thanks to that blunder.
Damn, what are you doing wasting time here when you could be a big consultant to the Pentagon on military strategy? Z Throw in a chart for good measure.

Damn, what are you doing wasting time here when you could be a big consultant to the Pentagon on military strategy? Z Throw in a chart for good measure.

But then they might send him to Iraq!!!!!

But then they might send him to Iraq!!!!!
We should be so lucky.

I still appreciate service... You are certainly entitled to your opinion, too.

We had Iraq won...then the disaster you assholes elected lost it. Just another failure in a long list of failures for the inept jackass

You're free to go over there & fight to win Iraq back. Don't be afraid, there are many Americans over there trying it. Just stop forcing US to go broke.

The United States federal government has spent or obligated 4.4 trillion dollars on the wars in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq. This figure includes: direct Congressional war appropriations; war-related increases to the Pentagon base budget; veterans care and disability; increases in the homeland security budget; interest payments on direct war borrowing; foreign assistance spending; and estimated future obligations for veterans’ care.

This total omits many other expenses, such as the macroeconomic costs to the US economy; the opportunity costs of not investing war dollars in alternative sectors; future interest on war borrowing; and local government and private war costs.

The current wars have been paid for almost entirely by borrowing. This borrowing has raised the US budget deficit, increased the national debt, and had other macroeconomic effects, such as raising consumer interest rates. Unless the US immediately repays the money borrowed for war, there will also be future interest payments. We estimate that interest payments could total over $7 trillion by 2053.

Spending on the wars has involved opportunity costs for the US economy. Although military spending does produce jobs, spending in other areas such as health care could produce more jobs. Additionally, while investment in military infrastructure grew, investment in other, nonmilitary, public infrastructure such as roads and schools did not grow at the same rate.

Finally, federal war costs exclude billions of dollars of state, municipal, and private war costs across the country – dollars spent on services for returned veterans and their families, in addition to local homeland security efforts.

And do you realize that Obozo is letting Turkey bomb the Americans that WILL go over there and fight against ISIS??????
I never realized the insane. You however, seem to find no problem with that.

We had Iraq won...then the disaster you assholes elected lost it. Just another failure in a long list of failures for the inept jackass

You're free to go over there & fight to win Iraq back. Don't be afraid, there are many Americans over there trying it. Just stop forcing US to go broke.

The United States federal government has spent or obligated 4.4 trillion dollars on the wars in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq. This figure includes: direct Congressional war appropriations; war-related increases to the Pentagon base budget; veterans care and disability; increases in the homeland security budget; interest payments on direct war borrowing; foreign assistance spending; and estimated future obligations for veterans’ care.

This total omits many other expenses, such as the macroeconomic costs to the US economy; the opportunity costs of not investing war dollars in alternative sectors; future interest on war borrowing; and local government and private war costs.

The current wars have been paid for almost entirely by borrowing. This borrowing has raised the US budget deficit, increased the national debt, and had other macroeconomic effects, such as raising consumer interest rates. Unless the US immediately repays the money borrowed for war, there will also be future interest payments. We estimate that interest payments could total over $7 trillion by 2053.

Spending on the wars has involved opportunity costs for the US economy. Although military spending does produce jobs, spending in other areas such as health care could produce more jobs. Additionally, while investment in military infrastructure grew, investment in other, nonmilitary, public infrastructure such as roads and schools did not grow at the same rate.

Finally, federal war costs exclude billions of dollars of state, municipal, and private war costs across the country – dollars spent on services for returned veterans and their families, in addition to local homeland security efforts.

And do you realize that Obozo is letting Turkey bomb the Americans that WILL go over there and fight against ISIS??????
I never realized the insane. You however, seem to find no problem with that.
I have a major problem with one of Obozo's allies killing Americans who are fighting again ISIS. Don't you?

Forum List

Back