Obama budget to take aim at wealthy IRAs

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Funny how this article starts out with "like Mitt Romney" and doesn't start out with "like Barrack Obama." Wonder why? It would actually make sense to do so.

President Obama’s budget, to be released next week, will limit how much wealthy individuals – like Mitt Romney – can keep in IRAs and other retirement accounts.

The proposal would save around $9 billion over a decade, a senior administration official said, while also bringing more fairness to the tax code.

Read more: Obama budget to take aim at wealthy IRAs - The Hill's On The Money
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Funny how this article starts out with "like Mitt Romney" and doesn't start out with "like Barrack Obama." Wonder why? It would actually make sense to do so.

President Obama’s budget, to be released next week, will limit how much wealthy individuals – like Mitt Romney – can keep in IRAs and other retirement accounts.

The proposal would save around $9 billion over a decade, a senior administration official said, while also bringing more fairness to the tax code.

Read more: Obama budget to take aim at wealthy IRAs - The Hill's On The Money
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

OK maybe I need some clarification here. The IRS already caps the maximum pre-tax IRA contribution. Although you can put in more in, you will pay your going tax rate on any contribution in excess of the cap. Even at that, there are limits to the excess amount put into an IRA. Then, when you start drawing against the IRA, don't you pay taxes on the money at that time? (tax deferred)
Just what exactly does the crook-in-chief thinks people with sufficient funds to become victims of this criminal proposal are going to do with their money? Do the really rich even have IRAs? I'm thinking they probably don't need IRAs. So which demographic is the real target of such an asinine proposal?

The rich are going to be fine, really.

I mean, they might only have to buy ONE dressage horsie this year, but they will be fine.

I'm sure you won't mind eating that horse after you've murdered all the "wealthy" and stolen all their goods. I cannot imagine you would know what else to do with a fine, well-trained animal of that sort.

I mean, they might only have to buy ONE dressage horsie this year, but they will be fine.

I'm sure you won't mind eating that horse after you've murdered all the "wealthy" and stolen all their goods. I cannot imagine you would know what else to do with a fine, well-trained animal of that sort.

Actually, teaching a horse how to dance is sort of humiliating to the horse. Shooting it would be a mercy.

Something is truly fucked up if we can't provide decent education and health care for all America's children, but some rich douchebag can spend money teaching a fucking horse to dance.

So you get to subjectively say how much is enough because of your jealousy... got it :rolleyes:

Don't employers ALREADY say subjectively what is "enough".

It's only class warfare when we fight back.

Actually, teaching a horse how to dance is sort of humiliating to the horse. Shooting it would be a mercy.

Something is truly fucked up if we can't provide decent education and health care for all America's children, but some rich douchebag can spend money teaching a fucking horse to dance.

Do you really think horses have humility??? Really? It seems strange that left wingers would give person status to horses and such but the unborn child?? Well they are just blobs of flesh.

My point is, is why do they name Romney when in fact Obama is one of the 1 percenters? Or Al Gore was bragged about just recently about being richer then Romney. We all know why, but it needs asked any way.

So you get to subjectively say how much is enough because of your jealousy... got it :rolleyes:

Uhh.. you are not forced to work for any wage... you have a choice in your job... you derive your own compensation by putting yourself in demand, or not

You do not get to force redistribution because of your petty jealousy over the success or position of others

Fucking idiot collectivist

Do you really think horses have humility??? Really? It seems strange that left wingers would give person status to horses and such but the unborn child?? Well they are just blobs of flesh.

Where did I say I gave it person status.

All I know is that when I've seen dressage, the horses don't look happy, like it was something they spent years being tortured into learning how to do...

And really, is there nothing that you Rubes can't turn into an argument over personhood rights for spooge?

Exactly.

The ideal citizen of Nutball America is supposed follow the nearest stampeded white trash off the cliff selected by financial services sector parasites.

Last edited:

Uhh.. you are not forced to work for any wage... you have a choice in your job... you derive your own compensation by putting yourself in demand, or not

You do not get to force redistribution because of your petty jealousy over the success or position of others

Uhhhh..... yeah, when your other choices are starvation, you are being forced. Which I have no problem with. People should work for their keep.

But people should be FAIRLY Compensated.

BUt in Right Wing crazy land, 58K for assembling a car is too much, and 12 million for mismanagin the company is too little.

Frankly, I want the guy who assembled my car to be well compensated.

Exactly.

The ideal citizen of Nutball America is supposed follow the nearest stampeded white trash off the closest cliff.

You dont fight by using big mommy government to forcefully take from others... you want to fight back, do what you have to do to earn more, put yourself in demand more etc.. but no, you just want to use the tyranny of the majority and government bastardization to force it out of others.. that is pure collectivism and it is indeed wrong

Uhhhh..... yeah, when your other choices are starvation, you are being forced. Which I have no problem with. People should work for their keep.

BUt in Right Wing crazy land, 58K for assembling a car is too much, and 12 million for mismanagin the company is too little.

FAIR is SUBJECTIVE, you idiot... you want more, you put yourself in demand more.. it is that fucking simple

How many can flip a burger, use an airgun to put a bolt in a car or whatever??? MANY with very little skill or training.. how many can run a multi-national company??? I'll put it this way, if it is so easy to be a CEO of a billion dollar company, why have you not started a company and got it there???

My point is, is why do they name Romney when in fact Obama is one of the 1 percenters? Or Al Gore was bragged about just recently about being richer then Romney. We all know why, but it needs asked any way.

OH, was THAT your point?

Maybe it was because Romney went around talking about how half the country wouldn't vote for him because they weren't going to benefit from his tax cuts because they were all on Welfare.

Maybe because Romney was the guy talking about making 120 Chinese women share a single bathroom at a factory behind barbed wire was a "Great investment".

Maybe because he went around saying stuff like "I like to be able to fire people" and "I'm not concerned about the very poor."

At least the horse can learn to dance. Too bad with all the trillions of dollars we spend "educating" other people's brats in this country, so many of them are incapable executing the most basic math, reading, and writing skills to sufficient to secure 'meaningful' employment. Oh, wait, learning is humiliating to the students...

Job applicants lack basic skills

Last edited:

OH, was THAT your point?

Maybe it was because Romney went around talking about how half the country wouldn't vote for him because they weren't going to benefit from his tax cuts because they were all on Welfare.

Maybe because Romney was the guy talking about making 120 Chinese women share a single bathroom at a factory behind barbed wire was a "Great investment".

Maybe because he went around saying stuff like "I like to be able to fire people" and "I'm not concerned about the very poor."
And JoeI is reduced yet again to misrepresentations and flat out lies...

Pitiful

[

FAIR is SUBJECTIVE, you idiot... you want more, you put yourself in demand more.. it is that fucking simple

How many can flip a burger, use an airgun to put a bolt in a car or whatever??? MANY with very little skill or training.. how many can run a multi-national company??? I'll put it this way, if it is so easy to be a CEO of a billion dollar company, why have you not started a company and got it there???

You're argument would be valid if these CEO's started the companies, built them up and got them there.

In the case of GM, the CEO there ran his company so badly that investors lost their shirts, the company declared bankruptcy and the government had to bail it out.

Yet he still got a 12 million dollar severance package. But that guy with the airgun, that guy is making too much money. Really.

Exactly.

The ideal citizen of Nutball America is supposed follow the nearest stampeded white trash off the closest cliff.

You dont fight by using big mommy government to forcefully take from others... you want to fight back, do what you have to do to earn more, put yourself in demand more etc.. but no, you just want to use the tyranny of the majority and government bastardization to force it out of others.. that is pure collectivism and it is indeed wrong

SO rich people use the power of money to bully people, that's okay by you.

But the people use the power of the ballot box to bully the rich, and OH MY GOD, THIS IS HORRIBLE, THEY ARE GOING TO SEND US ALL TO CONCENTRATION CAMPS WE ARE ALL GOING TO FUCKING DIE!

Am I getting this right?

Forum List

Back