Obama Bypasses Congress and Bans the Confederate Battle Flag

What do you mean if the war was about slavery?....
Wrong as usual. The Secession was over slavery. The war was prosecuted by President Lincoln over the right of secession as he noted in his letter to Horace Greeley. Try to get it right next time, umkay?

Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley
Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressedpersonal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.
Your post actually agrees with my statement. The south fought over slavery. The north fought to keep the union intact. You do realize Lincoln was with the Union dont you?

Youre welcome. Yes he is banning the flag flying at taxpayer expense. Any loser that wants to fly the flag on his own land is unaffected.
Please tell all of your fellow LWLs and racists; they seem confused on the matter.

Your post actually agrees with my statement. The south fought over slavery. The north fought to keep the union intact. You do realize Lincoln was with the Union dont you?
Wrong again, but since you've made so many mistakes in the past, it's understandable why you see things the way you want them to be instead of the way they really are.

To repeat: The southern states seceded over slavery. The northern states attacked them to "preserve the Union", i.e. drag them back at the cost of over 2% of the total population. The war was over secession. The cause of the secession was slavery. Intelligent, sane people actually read Lincoln's letter and understand the meaning.

July 22, 2008
RUSH: when men are around, women get smarter and that when men leave, women get stupid
I fail to see what Rush Blowhard as to do with my statement. Are you a fan of his? Do you agree with him? What is your point, please.
No more than there is a "war" between men and women. There has always been a left and right wing point of view just as there is a difference between women and men. Having a differing point of view isn't war.

Wrong again, but since you've made so many mistakes in the past, it's understandable why you see things the way you want them to be instead of the way they really are.

To repeat: The southern states seceded over slavery. The northern states attacked them to "preserve the Union", i.e. drag them back at the cost of over 2% of the total population. The war was over secession. The cause of the secession was slavery. Intelligent, sane people actually read Lincoln's letter and understand the meaning.
I dont know if youre especially slow this morning but again you agree with me while claiming you dont. The south went to war over slavery and the north kicked their asses to bring them back to the union.

If Donald Trump wins and begins using his handy dandy pen to bypass Congress and starts passing laws on his own, these fat liberal fucks on this forum will be the first ones needing to be diapered.
upload_2016-9-5_11-0-49.png

I dont know if youre especially slow this morning but again you agree with me while claiming you dont. The south went to war over slavery and the north kicked their asses to bring them back to the union.
It's common for racists like yourself to not only see everything as either black or white but also be completely incapable of understanding nuance.

You moron.
Your an American that supports censorship.

Do you even grasp just how fucked up you are?
It's you're. LMAO You illiterate slob.

"Do you even grasp just how fucked up you are?" Oh the irony. Hilarious!
read the First Amendment or ask an adult to read it to you
Please don't leave. You are the poster boy for one of Trump's cornerstone statements : "I LOVE stupid people." You must be so proud to live up to your hero's ebullient affection for you. At first i felt sorry for you. But soon I saw other RW idiots jumping on the clown bandwagon all agreeing with the op and not even bothering to read the actual link. If you and your ilk are so easy to manipulate God help us all. And millions like you will be voting. JEEPERS>>>>
Politicians like Drumpf love ignorant people. I guess this proves self awareness is dictated by philosophy. If someone hands you your philosophy instead of you developing your own you are easy to lead.
Inculcated philosophy might be driving Two Thumb's myopic world view but there is something more nefarious driving his inability to read and understand the facts put before him. There seems to be a mental block that negates rational thinking. HIs mind selectively discards parts of crucial information that deviate from his programming and his cerebral revisions become his reality.

They were traitors so yes they were less american. As a matter of fact they didnt even want to be americans.
The Confederates were American because of their geographic circumstance. Consequent to their rebellious action they became known as the Confederate States of America.

Re: their militant political action (secession); do you understand the difference between rebellion and betrayal? Or is there some reason why you choose to ignore the difference?

They were traitors so yes they were less american. As a matter of fact they didnt even want to be americans.
The Confederates were American because of their geographic circumstance. Consequent to their rebellious action they became known as the Confederate States of America.

Re: their militant political action (secession); do you understand the difference between rebellion and betrayal? Or is there some reason why you choose to ignore the difference?
Likely because as a fact of Constitutional law there was no ‘confederacy,’ no state ‘left the Union,’ there was no ‘secession,’ where those who unlawfully took up arms against the United States committed acts of both rebellion and betrayal. See Texas v. White (1869)

since most White males in the anteBellum South didn't own slaves why the hell would they want to secede? After all, slaves were brought in to "take their jobs." It seems the conservative politicians and wealthy plantation owners conspired to get control of their poorer white shills and manipulate them once again to fight their battles. Like poor wannabe conservatives today, the durn fools were fighting against their own best interests.

since most White males in the anteBellum South didn't own slaves why the hell would they want to secede? After all, slaves were brought in to "take their jobs." It seems the conservative politicians and wealthy plantation owners conspired to get control of their poorer white shills and manipulate them once again to fight their battles. Like poor wannabe conservatives today, the durn fools were fighting against their own best interests.
1) Educated people know that pre-Civil War Americans thought of their state as their "country". The Federal government was a small, relatively weak and distant group, while their state was everything. Ergo, secession had no real effect on most Americans regardless of which side of the Mason-Dixon line they resided. If you can tell me what effect(s) secession had on most Americans, I'm willing to read about it.

2) When a person's "country" is attacked, the common reaction is to defend it. When President Lincoln ordered the Northern Army to attack Virginia, the reaction was as predictable as when al-Qaeda attacked the World Trade Center.

That remains the dynamic to date. They get poor white trash males to fight their battles all with the elusive dream of upward mobility. They dont realize the wealthy whites will indeed hire them over Blacks so they feel a social superiority but they dont seem to understand they will remain on bottom rung of white success.

1) Educated people know that pre-Civil War Americans thought of their state as their "country". The Federal government was a small, relatively weak and distant group, while their state was everything. Ergo, secession had no real effect on most Americans regardless of which side of the Mason-Dixon line they resided. If you can tell me what effect(s) secession had on most Americans, I'm willing to read about it.

2) When a person's "country" is attacked, the common reaction is to defend it. When President Lincoln ordered the Northern Army to attack Virginia, the reaction was as predictable as when al-Qaeda attacked the World Trade Center.
Obviously you dont know what you are talking about and you obviously are not educated. If what you claim is the truth Lincoln never would have had support to bring the losers back into the Union and the losers wouldnt have wanted to go start another country in south america and Mexico.

...They get poor white trash males to fight their battles all with the elusive dream of upward mobility. They dont realize the wealthy whites will indeed hire them over Blacks so they feel a social superiority but they dont seem to understand they will remain on bottom rung of white success.
LOL

More examples of your extreme racist nature. God, you are so fucking predictable.

Obviously you dont know what you are talking about and you obviously are not educated. If what you claim is the truth Lincoln never would have had support to bring the losers back into the Union and the losers wouldnt have wanted to go start another country in south america and Mexico.
Disagreed, but that's what racists do; shit all over anyone who disagrees with them.

Forum List

Back