Obama has an epiphany. Finally admits we are at war.

:rolleyes: Bush didn't understand his responsibilities after he declared a federal disaster. He also didn't understand that taking over the state militia wasn't an option under the constitution.

But do go on and defend him, it is rather fascinating to see an advocate of state's rights defend someone who cared nothing about them.

We will...it was the Mayor's and State governor's responsibility to mitigate the disaster BEFORE 1200 PEOPLE GOT KILLED and Bush had to declare a national emergency.

Where's the screaming and outrage over their irresponsible actions?

When will you guys realize that government is NOT the answer to everything?
:rolleyes: Obviously you don't understand what declaring a federal disaster means...whether you agree that the federal government should act ... when they promise to act and fail to do so they have shirked their duty.

I think it's quite obvious you don't understand the fact that Nagin and Blanco's total ineptitude as the hurricane bore down on their city....spare me your federal government bullshit....the simple fact is the Democrat controlled Mayor's office that was RESPONSIBLE for the city and the Democrat controlled State Governor's Office that was RESPONSIBLE for insuring the city's MAYOR DID HIS FRICKEN JOB both failed....THEY were directly responsible for the deaths of EVERY SINGLE KATRINA VICTIM....yet you chose to blame Bush AFTER THE DAMAGE WAS ALREADY DONE BY THOSE 2 inept buffoons.

You can't hide it. Your hate. You wish for a terrorist attack because you hate obama more than you care about americans or solving problems.

and this post proves that your idiocy is beyond compare.

my point is OBAMA BETTER GET HIS SHIT TOGETHER AND STOP PLAYING GAMES!!!!!!!!!! HE'S FUCKING WITH AMERICAN LIVES!!!!!!

Since you care so much about American lives being fucked with I'm sure you have always been against the iraq invasion and occupation. Is that correct or do you support it?

I fully support the war on terror wherever it takes our country. Unlike you. I serve my country...not sponge off it like a fucking leach such as yourself. The invasion of Iraq was a part of the greater war on terrorism and Bush was AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS TO CONDUCT THAT WAR. Now...carry on.

I don't. No one blamed Bush for Katrina, they blamed him for his response to it...and it wasn't his fault the levee broke, but it was the fault of the federal government for promising safety and not following through with making sure the levees were safe.

if i remember an article back then the people voted to build the superdome with money recieved rather than do the levees.....because what chance is there of them breaking?.....and the Dome meant revenue and jobs.....i could be wrong...
I think you must be...as far as I know, the Superdome was paid for through bond money.

We will...it was the Mayor's and State governor's responsibility to mitigate the disaster BEFORE 1200 PEOPLE GOT KILLED and Bush had to declare a national emergency.

:rolleyes: Obviously you don't understand what declaring a federal disaster means...whether you agree that the federal government should act ... when they promise to act and fail to do so they have shirked their duty.

I think it's quite obvious you don't understand the fact that Nagin and Blanco's total ineptitude as the hurricane bore down on their city....spare me your federal government bullshit....the simple fact is the Democrat controlled Mayor's office that was RESPONSIBLE for the city and the Democrat controlled State Governor's Office that was RESPONSIBLE for insuring the city's MAYOR DID HIS FRICKEN JOB both failed....THEY were directly responsible for the deaths of EVERY SINGLE KATRINA VICTIM....yet you chose to blame Bush AFTER THE DAMAGE WAS ALREADY DONE BY THOSE 2 inept buffoons.
Actually, the people that didn't heed the evacuation notice are responsible ... but don't let your hatred of all things Dem slow you down.

I am well aware that Nagin and Blanco did things wrong, too. Yet that doesn't let Bush off the hook.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
11 months and 3 terrorist attacks into his Presidency he now realizes we are at war.
“We are at war,” Mr. Obama said in remarks from the White House State Dining Room.
There now Mr. President...that wasn't so painful now was it?

Oh...so that's what's been happening the last 11 months. Really!!!?

and finally the one thing Obama needed to say back in January when he assumed the Office of the Presidency and the RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WAR ON TERRORISM.
“The buck stops with me.”

Yes it does. I guarantee you if there's another terrorist attack your Administration is definately out the door in 2012.

He's just answering some of the questions that have surfaced.

Why won't he admit we are at war?

Why does he constantly point fingers instead of taking blame himself?

Why does he and everyone that works for him give this impression that the defense of the nation is an inconvenience?

He gave a speech....nothing more. It was like he spent time thinking aloud. It was a meaningless half-hearted exposition on the obvious. Like a person who couldn't admit what the problem was and finally having to do so. Yet why do I still feel nothing has changed. He even had the gall to call for his critics to move on. Nothing to see here.

What a putz!!!

We've killed more al qaeda in Pakistan than Bush ever did.

And the right seems to have forgotten that when Obama promised in the campaign to go after al qaeda in Pakistan...

THEY called him crazy, THEY sided with the harborers and protectors of the terrorists.

A bit of memory loss there, eh?

You clowns. Pathetic clowns.

[ The invasion of Iraq was a part of the greater war on terrorism and Bush was AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS TO CONDUCT THAT WAR. Now...carry on.

Oh really? And Obama has never acknowledged we're in a war in Iraq?

Jeezus, you are the possibly the biggest imbecile on this board, and if that aint sayin' somethin' I don't know what is.

Actually, the people that didn't heed the evacuation notice are responsible ... but don't let your hatred of all things Dem slow you down.

I am well aware that Nagin and Blanco did things wrong, too. Yet that doesn't let Bush off the hook.
Your failure to mention this in your original post is glaringly obvious. No one is letting ANYONE off the hook...but let's place blame where it belongs...
and let's get this straight....Nagin and Blanco didn't order the evacuation of the city until it was TOO LATE. Hell Bush had to call Blanco and tell her to get the people out!!!!

and I find it hard to believe you hold the people in the city responsible for their own deaths yet blame Bush for not saving their lives......don't let all that Republican hate get you down.

Last edited:
[ The invasion of Iraq was a part of the greater war on terrorism and Bush was AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS TO CONDUCT THAT WAR. Now...carry on.

Jeezus, you are the possibly the biggest imbecile on this board, and if that aint sayin' somethin' I don't know what is.

You are the imbecile, of course.

It is NOT that President Obama had NEVER acknowledged that we are at war. It is that he tried to manipulate the use of language to sweep it aside. Being at war and vigorously prosecuting a war are not synonymous.

That he refused to call TERRORISTS "terrorists" was PART of the problem.

Politically correct language is all well and good in a cocktail party or in addressing people in a civilized setting. It is not a good way to discuss the enemy. This particular enemy is not civilized, by the way. They are barbaric fuckers who ARE indeed trying to kill as many of us as they can as often as they can.

9/11/2001 actually did happen and the fuckers who inflicted that shot on us are not done.

What the hell is it going to take to wake you idiots on the left UP?

How the hell do you guys think? Why is it superior NOT to be proactive to PREVENT them from succeeding in any future plots than it is to be merely reactive to the shit they do?

Good God. And when anybody on the right invokes the memory of 9/11 your knee jerk (but dishonest) reaction is to whine some shit about "politicizing" 9/11. You idiots. It was a WARNING. It kinda sorta makes sense to react to the blow inflicted on us AS a warning in order to prepare against any futuer such attacks. Invoking the memory FOR THAT PURPOSE is no more politicizing 9/11 than a fire alarm sounding is politicizing the flames.

Obama has only acknowledged that Bush is responsible for eveything that's wrong with Obama's leadership failures......and...no...you ain't saying nothing.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
11 months and 3 terrorist attacks into his Presidency he now realizes we are at war.

There now Mr. President...that wasn't so painful now was it?

Oh...so that's what's been happening the last 11 months. Really!!!?

and finally the one thing Obama needed to say back in January when he assumed the Office of the Presidency and the RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WAR ON TERRORISM.

Yes it does. I guarantee you if there's another terrorist attack your Administration is definately out the door in 2012.

He's just answering some of the questions that have surfaced.

Why won't he admit we are at war?

Why does he constantly point fingers instead of taking blame himself?

Why does he and everyone that works for him give this impression that the defense of the nation is an inconvenience?

He gave a speech....nothing more. It was like he spent time thinking aloud. It was a meaningless half-hearted exposition on the obvious. Like a person who couldn't admit what the problem was and finally having to do so. Yet why do I still feel nothing has changed. He even had the gall to call for his critics to move on. Nothing to see here.

What a putz!!!

We've killed more al qaeda in Pakistan than Bush ever did.

And the right seems to have forgotten that when Obama promised in the campaign to go after al qaeda in Pakistan...

THEY called him crazy, THEY sided with the harborers and protectors of the terrorists.

A bit of memory loss there, eh?

You clowns. Pathetic clowns.

YOU LIE!!!!!

Cite your Al Qaeda death figures!!!! Then tell us how many civilians he killed by mistake you Wilsonite Statist.

FEMA was inadequate for the task following Andrew, an unprecedented modern disaster at the time, and blame was thrown around ad nauseum during that. It was a situation worse than anybody, including the governor of Florida, anticipated and on George H.W. Bush's watch, but it did get taken care of. No credit was given for other emergencies in which FEMA responded quite adequately, however.

Clinton was lucky that there were no major large scale disasters during his eight years that FEMA was ill equipped to handle. And he did have a good FEMA team.

FEMA was inadequate for the task following Katrina--actually it would have been unrealistic and highly criticized to have swelled and funded FEMA to handle a disaster of that magnitude that nobody anticipated. I am not excusing President George W. Bush for some really stupid decisions in the aftermath of that when he was choosing to act rather than do nothing, and the whole thing was pretty ineptly managed for a good long while. But to accuse President Bush for the deaths that occurred when he was out in front asking the governors what they needed before the hurricane hit? To accuse him is the height of mean spirited partisanship. And no credit was given during other emergencies when FEMA acted superbly.

But seriously folks, what has happened to the grown ups in this country? If you didn't have any transportation at your disposal, you had a Cat 5 hurricane bearing down on you and your family, what do you do? Huddle in a corner and whine for big government to save you? Or do you get your rear in gear and figure out some way to get your loved ones to safety? The men of a half century ago would have been out there hot wiring those busses and hauling the people out. A mayor or governor with inadequate resources to get that done would have been calling neighboring states for assistance.

For anybody to use such crises as a way to 'get' this political figure or that one or to delay action to avoid having to give credit to somebody in the 'other party' is the height of recklessness and self-serving irresponsibility. Grown ups do what they have to do to take care of things and worry about politics during elections.

It is NOT that President Obama had NEVER acknowledged that we are at war. It is that he tried to manipulate the use of language to sweep it aside. Being at war and vigorously prosecuting a war are not synonymous.

Politically correct language is all well and good in a cocktail party or in addressing people in a civilized setting. It is not a good way to discuss the enemy. This particular enemy is not civilized, by the way. They are barbaric fuckers who ARE indeed trying to kill as many of us as they can as often as they can.

9/11/2001 actually did happen and the fuckers who inflicted that shot on us are not done.

How the hell do you guys think? Why is it superior NOT to be proactive to PREVENT them from succeeding in any future plots than it is to be merely reactive to the shit they do?

Good God. And when anybody on the right invokes the memory of 9/11 your knee jerk (but dishonest) reaction is to whine some shit about "politicizing" 9/11. You idiots. It was a WARNING. It kinda sorta makes sense to react to the blow inflicted on us AS a warning in order to prepare against any futuer such attacks. Invoking the memory FOR THAT PURPOSE is no more politicizing 9/11 than a fire alarm sounding is politicizing the flames.

He's escalated the Afghan war and increased targeted attacks on suspected Al Qaeda. What more do you want?

Not only is he trying to clean up Bush's mess in Iraq, he's now fighting terrorists affiliated with people BUSH released from Gitmo.

and this post proves that your idiocy is beyond compare.

my point is OBAMA BETTER GET HIS SHIT TOGETHER AND STOP PLAYING GAMES!!!!!!!!!! HE'S FUCKING WITH AMERICAN LIVES!!!!!!

Since you care so much about American lives being fucked with I'm sure you have always been against the iraq invasion and occupation. Is that correct or do you support it?

I fully support the war on terror wherever it takes our country. Unlike you. I serve my country...not sponge off it like a fucking leach such as yourself. The invasion of Iraq was a part of the greater war on terrorism and Bush was AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS TO CONDUCT THAT WAR. Now...carry on.

You're a dyed in the wool hypocrite who truly sucks at debating an issue. It doesn't matter what congress did or did not authorize. You bitch about obama fucking with Americans lives yet you totally support the invasion and occupation of a country that never attacked us nor provided support for terrorism against us. It's a childish cloak to use the "war on terror" bullshit to try and justify the indefensible.

I'm willing to bet you are completely ignorant of some basic facts. On 9/16/01 Cheney stated Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism against the US and declared Saddam as being bottled up and not a threat.

Do you know which nation has the record for being the strongest supporter of terrorists? It's saudi arabia. So if you were an honest man ¤cough cough chuckle¤ you would admit the facts. Specifically, if our goal was to stop terrorism we would not have invaded iraq. Since 15 9E hijackers came from SA, and since that nation funds terrorism more than any other nation in the world, that is the nation we should have invaded. How do you justify maintaining an alliance with a nation that is completely at odds with the bush doctrine while supporting the occupation of a nation that was no threat to the US either directly or indirectly?

You're probably so fucking ignorant you think the term "al qaeda in iraq" means the real al qaeda was there. I've no doubt you are completely unaware that term was invented by the bush admin to describe a group of iraqis fighting against the occupation. It was another lame attempt to connect Iraq to 9E. Furthermore, even at its peak activity the group was responsible for a very very small percentage of attacks. By the NIE they put it at about 8% but the real kicker is realizing this: it was our occupation that engendered the group.

It's really quite simple. If you are going to try and discuss this issue you better damn well learn some basic facts because your ass juice stale soundbites reveal layers of ignorance.

You neocon piss brains are constantly CELEBRATING 9E. How? You politicize 9E to justify these actions:

Torture

Secret prisons

Invading and occupying iraq

Invading and occupying afghanistan

Spying on Americans without search warrants

Accuse Americans who don't agree with your methods of being terrorist sympathizers, america haters, and weak wimps.

Totally ignore our actions in the ME and around the globe to play the victim card.

Keeping people in prison indefinitely

Creation of a new agency that was redundant and only expanded our government.

The creation of the patriot act which subverts some basic Constitutional rights.

Hell, is there any time you assholes are not celebrating 9E?

You're a dyed in the wool hypocrite who truly sucks at debating an issue. It doesn't matter what congress did or did not authorize. You bitch about obama fucking with Americans lives yet you totally support the invasion and occupation of a country that never attacked us nor provided support for terrorism against us. It's a childish cloak to use the "war on terror" bullshit to try and justify the indefensible.

I'm willing to bet you are completely ignorant of some basic facts. On 9/16/01 Cheney stated Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism against the US and declared Saddam as being bottled up and not a threat.

Do you know which nation has the record for being the strongest supporter of terrorists? It's saudi arabia. So if you were an honest man ¤cough cough chuckle¤ you would admit the facts. Specifically, if our goal was to stop terrorism we would not have invaded iraq. Since 15 9E hijackers came from SA, and since that nation funds terrorism more than any other nation in the world, that is the nation we should have invaded. How do you justify maintaining an alliance with a nation that is completely at odds with the bush doctrine while supporting the occupation of a nation that was no threat to the US either directly or indirectly?

You're probably so fucking ignorant you think the term "al qaeda in iraq" means the real al qaeda was there. I've no doubt you are completely unaware that term was invented by the bush admin to describe a group of iraqis fighting against the occupation. It was another lame attempt to connect Iraq to 9E. Furthermore, even at its peak activity the group was responsible for a very very small percentage of attacks. By the NIE they put it at about 8% but the real kicker is realizing this: it was our occupation that engendered the group.

It's really quite simple. If you are going to try and discuss this issue you better damn well learn some basic facts because your ass juice stale soundbites reveal layers of ignorance.

You're too fucking stupid for the english language to adequately describe you. You are a Wilsonite progressive and you should be taken out to play in the middle of I-5 during rush hour. You don't like America? Fuck you...leave....and just so you are aware...DNC talking points and your fucked up straw man arguments are not "facts".

Last edited:

You're too fucking stupid for the english language to adequately describe you. You are a Wilsonite progressive and you should be taken out to play in the middle of I-5 during rush hour. You don't like America? Fuck you...leave....and just so you are aware...DNC talking points and your fucked up straw man arguments are not "facts".

Hahahahahahaha.......oh shit dude. It's common knowledge when someone responds like you did it is an implicit admission of being completely pwned. I've no doubt you will once again ignored the contents of the post. That's why you're a fucking turd sponge hypocrite.

Ad homs but not facts and "go away".:razz::razz::razz: No facts, huh? Here PP, this will help: OPINION: 'Learn To Speak Tea Bag' : NPR.

Hahahahahahaha.......oh shit dude. It's common knowledge when someone responds like you did it is an implicit admission of being completely pwned. I've no doubt you will once again ignored the contents of the post. That's why you're a fucking turd sponge hypocrite.

Common knowledge for retards such as yourself? Yes I agree. Your whole world has been shot down in flames loser...deal with it. You spout DNC talking points like they're facts...have another shot or 2 :booze: then bury your head in the sand again.

Ad homs but not facts and "go away".:razz::razz::razz: No facts, huh? Here PP, this will help: OPINION: 'Learn To Speak Tea Bag' : NPR.

Thanks for bumping the thread!!!! :rofl:

PP: Common knowledge for retards such as yourself? Yes I agree. Your whole world has been shot down in flames loser...deal with it. You spout DNC talking points like they're facts...have another shot or 2 then bury your head in the sand again.

Jake: You are teabagging, PP, and informed, intelligent Americans chuckle and turn away. But, hey, you want to do that, go for it.

Forum List

Back