Obama: Inability to get tougher gun laws shameful

I have no answer for them.

Yep. You very, very carefully have no answer for them.

Despite seeing their questions answered time and again on this very forum.

Lying doesn't only consist of actively telling falsehoods, you know. Deliberately omitting the truth counts too. :eusa_liar:

Their questions are never answered. Why is it necessary in the United States and not in other civilized countries?

You are full of shit. Almost a shooting a week in schools in this nation since Sandy Hook. That is way down? 32,000 gun deaths a year in the USA. That is something to be proud of? The per capita rate of shootings in the US is 7 times that of Canada. There is something deeply sick in our society. But the only answer you idiots have is more guns.

I live in Europe, and people ask me what is wrong with the United States. Why do people think that they have to carry guns? And they are really astonished at the people who want to legalize carrying guns out in the open, like those idiots in Texas with their rifles. I have no answer for them. They know how ridiculous it is, I know how ridiculous it is, but....,

there is an answer. It's called freedom.

What a lame, bullshit excuse. I live in a country with strict gun laws, and freedom. Keep telling yourself that America is the country with the most freedom, keep lying to yourself. I left America almost 20 years ago, and have not lost any freedom, if anything, the opposite is true.

RW, what I agree with you on is the fact that something has to be done about these shootings. But, where we disagree about this is the fact that because we do not have anywhere to put them, the criminally and mentally insane walk around and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Apparently, it is against a persons 'rights' to make them take their medicine when they are hearing voices telling them to 'kill everyone' in sight. I would ask if something applies to guns, why does it not apply to these people who pose an obvious threat? You can't make them take their medicine or put them into an asylum based upon what they 'might do', but you want to take guns away from people who have never done anything, based upon what someone 'might do' with them? That makes no logical sense to me.

Guns are a tool, and like other tools they can be used for recreation, sport, good or bad. It's up to the person who wields that tool as to how it is used. Society has gotten worse. In 1965 you could buy a rifle through mail for about $50.00 and didn't have to prove anything. Before Charles Whitman and the Texas University tower shootings, mass murders were few and far between.

In Tulsa, there is a guy who stands on First Street downtown and screams and yells at passing cars and pedestrians about how he is going to 'kill' them. The cops say that the guy has been committed several times and there's nothing else that they can do with him. He has medicine and refuses to take it. Until he actually carries out one of his threats, he is free as a bird. Want to bet what will eventually happen?

No, these shootings are a symptom of something else far more dangerous. Guns are an easy target for the focus of those who want simple solutions when the solution may be far more complex. Especially when you don't want to look in the mirror and see what progressive policies are doing to society as a whole.

the Left never wants an individual to feel blame for their actions. They are the ones espousing "feel good always", "everyone gets a trophy", "it takes a village", etc. This is the Left espousing that dribble. A gun is an object, nothing more. It has the potential to kill, but can't do so on its own. It's like kicking your foot against the table & then blaming the spoon for it. This is the mindset we are dealing with here. You want to stop this crap, real simple. Arm & train teachers. If you don't want to do that, put in metal detectors & hire armed security. Conduct an investigation into why these kids are going off the deep end in the first place. Actually attack the problem at its source. But the Left won't do any of that, I can guarantee...

Almost a shooting a week in schools in this nation since Sandy Hook. That is way down? 32,000 gun deaths a year in the USA. That is something to be proud of?

That is something that more gun laws cannot change. In fact, they will make it WORSE, since they will only disarm law-abiding people. You know, the ones who AREN'T shooting people in the first place.

But that is beyond anything the hysterical Left can imagine.
I have no answer for them.

Yep. You very, very carefully have no answer for them.

Despite seeing their questions answered time and again on this very forum.

Lying doesn't only consist of actively telling falsehoods, you know. Deliberately omitting the truth counts too. :eusa_liar:
In other words, America is fucked. Too late to do anything about the problem.

See? He's still doing it.

America is not fucked. But a few Americans seem to be. By their own voluntary choice.

RW, what I agree with you on is the fact that something has to be done about these shootings. But, where we disagree about this is the fact that because we do not have anywhere to put them, the criminally and mentally insane walk around and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Apparently, it is against a persons 'rights' to make them take their medicine when they are hearing voices telling them to 'kill everyone' in sight. I would ask if something applies to guns, why does it not apply to these people who pose an obvious threat? You can't make them take their medicine or put them into an asylum based upon what they 'might do', but you want to take guns away from people who have never done anything, based upon what someone 'might do' with them? That makes no logical sense to me.

Guns are a tool, and like other tools they can be used for recreation, sport, good or bad. It's up to the person who wields that tool as to how it is used. Society has gotten worse. In 1965 you could buy a rifle through mail for about $50.00 and didn't have to prove anything. Before Charles Whitman and the Texas University tower shootings, mass murders were few and far between.

In Tulsa, there is a guy who stands on First Street downtown and screams and yells at passing cars and pedestrians about how he is going to 'kill' them. The cops say that the guy has been committed several times and there's nothing else that they can do with him. He has medicine and refuses to take it. Until he actually carries out one of his threats, he is free as a bird. Want to bet what will eventually happen?

No, these shootings are a symptom of something else far more dangerous. Guns are an easy target for the focus of those who want simple solutions when the solution may be far more complex. Especially when you don't want to look in the mirror and see what progressive policies are doing to society as a whole.

I have no issues with legal, responsible gun owners

However, I am sick and tired of crazies, who after they shoot up a school or movie theater, everyone says......I knew that guy was crazy, it was only a matter of time

Why can't we keep guns out of their hands?

California has all his wet dreams short of confiscation and it did not stop the mass shooter there? What more does he want? Further shootings are WAY down over the last 25 years. We cut the murder rate in half from the early 90's. Al;l while putting more firearms in citizens hands.

You are full of shit. Almost a shooting a week in schools in this nation since Sandy Hook. That is way down? 32,000 gun deaths a year in the USA. That is something to be proud of? The per capita rate of shootings in the US is 7 times that of Canada. There is something deeply sick in our society. But the only answer you idiots have is more guns.

I live in Europe, and people ask me what is wrong with the United States. Why do people think that they have to carry guns? And they are really astonished at the people who want to legalize carrying guns out in the open, like those idiots in Texas with their rifles. I have no answer for them. They know how ridiculous it is, I know how ridiculous it is, but....,

Its because most of their ancestors were serfs, and servility to a ruling class and the belief that only the government elite have the right to be armed was bred into them.

However, I am sick and tired of crazies, who after they shoot up a school or movie theater, everyone says......I knew that guy was crazy, it was only a matter of time

Because people like you always go after the gun and not the crazy. More specifically you go after MY gun or MY ability to get a gun in the HOPE it takes care of the crazy.

Then why do you keep calling for laws to restrict them?

How?

You can still have your toys, just not all the ones you want
If you are crazy, suffer depresion, beat your wife, are a felon.......no guns for you

If you would rather see 6 year olds massacred than submit to that......tough

The problem... what's standing in the way of getting tougher gun laws are the Republicans! They are literally blocking every effort to curtail gun violence by not enacting tougher laws

Sure enough!

Yet another Loony Leftist who believes that making laws to restrict law-abiding Americans, will prevent people who don't obey laws from murdering people! :cuckoo:

The parade never stops, does it. :D
Sorry to inform you but you need to take a good hard look in the mirror to see the real loony-thinker. It is most certainly **Republicans** that are holding this country hostage by not enacting tougher gun laws to prevent these kind of tragedies from ensuing. As long as they just sit on their hands and do nothing, more criminals will take to the streets and commit more heinous crimes. With tougher gun laws as well as TOUGHER PENALTIES for those who use their guns to commit murder you would see a great incentive for these type of crimes to begin to curtail. People have a right to keep and bear arms but not use them to go crazy and kill others indiscriminately. That's where we need much harsher laws with greater penalties to be enacted. If a person kills another for no reason, for example, they should automatically receive the harshest penalty under the new law with absolutely no chance of parole. Life in prison without parole or the death penalty. Now how many do you think would pursue hate crimes with their guns if they knew that would be what they would be facing? But when the Republicans will not lift a hand to try to stop this madness by helping to pass new laws, criminals feel that it is obviously not such a big issue with them and will continue on their crime and killing sprees. So, yes there are plenty of loony people out there but it is not the Liberals who are, in effect, trying to seriously address this problem, it is the Conservatives who will not lift one finger to stop gun crimes in this country when they have the power to do so. That is not only Shameful but it is Outrageous and Despicable!

Its because most of their ancestors were serfs, and servility to a ruling class and the belief that only the government elite have the right to be armed was bred into them.

No, they are civilized, sensible people.

For every guy who goes and shoots up a theater there are probably a hundred who have other people saying "he's crazy, it's just a matter of time."

No, they are civilized, sensible people.

Since we dont know what country this is it's hard to say. But let's say it's France, with its enormous Muslim population that riots periodically and sets cars and buildings on fire. Or England, where its enormous Muslim population riots and cuts off soldiers' heads in the street. Or Norway, which has both an enormous rioting Muslim population and domestic crazies shooting up kids. Take your pick.
If they dont think they need guns they are hardly sensible people.

Then why do you keep calling for laws to restrict them?

How?

You can still have your toys, just not all the ones you want
If you are crazy, suffer depresion, beat your wife, are a felon.......no guns for you

And the legislation you will enact to accomplish that is... what?

It wont. IN the majority of mass shooting cases recently there was absolutely nothing that would have prohibited the shooters from buying a gun. And no legislation could be written that would have done so without including a huge number of people who dont represent a threat.

It wont. IN the majority of mass shooting cases recently there was absolutely nothing that would have prohibited the shooters from buying a gun. And no legislation could be written that would have done so without including a huge number of people who dont represent a threat.

You know that. And I know that.

But I'm waiting for little rightwinger to see it.

And waiting......

The problem... what's standing in the way of getting tougher gun laws are the Republicans! They are literally blocking every effort to curtail gun violence by not enacting tougher laws

Sure enough!

Yet another Loony Leftist who believes that making laws to restrict law-abiding Americans, will prevent people who don't obey laws from murdering people! :cuckoo:

The parade never stops, does it. :D

Its another one of those "we have to do something immediately" types. Never mind that we have enough laws, many of which heavily infringe upon the second.

You know that. And I know that.

But I'm waiting for little rightwinger to see it.

And waiting......

They've got two problems with this:
1) If you stopped all production and importation of guns today there would still be 300M of them floating around, unaccounted for.
2) Criminals by definition do not obey laws.
They cannot get around those two absolute facts and their ideas always run smack into them.

there is an answer. It's called freedom.

What a lame, bullshit excuse. I live in a country with strict gun laws, and freedom. Keep telling yourself that America is the country with the most freedom, keep lying to yourself. I left America almost 20 years ago, and have not lost any freedom, if anything, the opposite is true.

America left Europe over 200 years, we gained more freedom than ever before seen. You want to live in a strict gun control country, that's your choice. I prefer the choice of living in a society, where my basic safety/security needs are driven by decisions and solutions....

that is indeed the question & I agree with it. You do that by strengthening the reporting aspect from the mental health community. Taking away rights from everyone else is a non-starter. That's where the difference begins....

Forum List

Back