Obama Is Ruining America - Really? Tell Us Exactly HOW He Is Doing That

Really?

Seriously?

Yeah..we do.

The sky is blue.

What other ridiculous nonsense are you going to post?

My interpretation of what constitutes torture is no more ridiculous that yours. We simply don't agree, no need to be short about it.

if it were done to you, perhaps you'd have a clearer sense of what torture is.

just sayin'.

Here's a conservative who thought it was a joke..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkj9pjx3H0]YouTube - ‪Mancow Waterboard‬‏[/ame]

I love how you all hate to ready tings that hurt your adgenda. The stimulas worked adn you hate it. Its a win win for the country. One, we stopped losing 700 thousand jobs monthly and two, it proves Obama knows what the hell he is doing.

God bless America.

Really?

Seriously?

Yeah..we do.

The sky is blue.

What other ridiculous nonsense are you going to post?

My interpretation of what constitutes torture is no more ridiculous that yours. We simply don't agree, no need to be short about it.

Actually..it's just not "you and me". There was a time in the country when Waterboarding was considered a war crime.

The United States knows quite a bit about waterboarding. The U.S. government -- whether acting alone before domestic courts, commissions and courts-martial or as part of the world community -- has not only condemned the use of water torture but has severely punished those who applied it.

After World War II, we convicted several Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American and Allied prisoners of war. At the trial of his captors, then-Lt. Chase J. Nielsen, one of the 1942 Army Air Forces officers who flew in the Doolittle Raid and was captured by the Japanese, testified: "I was given several types of torture. . . . I was given what they call the water cure." He was asked what he felt when the Japanese soldiers poured the water. "Well, I felt more or less like I was drowning," he replied, "just gasping between life and death."

Nielsen's experience was not unique. Nor was the prosecution of his captors. After Japan surrendered, the United States organized and participated in the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, generally called the Tokyo War Crimes Trials. Leading members of Japan's military and government elite were charged, among their many other crimes, with torturing Allied military personnel and civilians. The principal proof upon which their torture convictions were based was conduct that we would now call waterboarding.

Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime - washingtonpost.com

Even Reagan's DOJ thought it was torture..
DOJ prosecuted Texas sheriff in 1983 for waterboarding prisoners
04/22/09: The Public Record reports that in 1983, the Justice Department prosecuted a Texas sheriff and three of his deputies for waterboarding prisoners to get them to confess to crimes. The deputies were sentenced to four years in prison and Parker pleaded guilty to extortion and federal civil rights violations and received a 10-year sentence. Parker admitted that he had operated a “marijuana trap” on U.S. Highway 59, arrested suspects, and, according to court documents, subjected "prisoners to a suffocating water torture ordeal in order to coerce confessions."
Georgetown Security Law Brief: DOJ prosecuted Texas sheriff in 1983 for waterboarding prisoners

So let me get this right. We used to prosecute people who waterboarded our soldiers because it was torture, but now waterboarding is not considered torture because it helps the right's agenda's?

Is it really this simple? Are they that partisan?

Yes, I'm sure its the same. Simulated drowning. Of course we don't do it with the ferocity that we would on our enemies but its still done on them yes. And I have watched videos of it.

What does "simulated drowning" mean? Be specific. How far do they take the victim - do you have ANY idea?

remember he's an expert cause he watched a "video"

Where did I claim to be an expert? And why don't any of you answer my question? If your family was in danger would you do it to save them?
Anyways this issue does not define who I am any more than it does anyone else. I like half of the country see it differently than you, its not worth getting all worked up over.
Personally I don't care if you think I don't understand what simulated drowning is. If it were my family at stake I would break every bone in their body so drowning wouldn't really be an issue.
Having said that I can see this conversation becoming counter productive so I'm done with the torture topic.

What does "simulated drowning" mean? Be specific. How far do they take the victim - do you have ANY idea?

Where did I claim to be an expert? And why don't any of you answer my question? If your family was in danger would you do it to save them?
Anyways this issue does not define who I am any more than it does anyone else. I like half of the country see it differently than you, its not worth getting all worked up over.
Personally I don't care if you think I don't understand what simulated drowning is. If it were my family at stake I would break every bone in their body so drowning wouldn't really be an issue.
Having said that I can see this conversation becoming counter productive so I'm done with the torture topic.

once you torture someone they will say anything to make the torture stop, so that information is not always accurate.

and im glad to see the cons now see torture as an american value. :clap2:

once you torture someone they will say anything to make the torture stop, so that information is not always accurate.

and im glad to see the cons now see torture as an american value. :clap2:

I'm glad you know how to take "my opinion" and "liberally" apply it to everyone else.

$6,000,000,000,000 in debt in three years should be enough to say Obama is a failure and doesn't deserve the office...ESPECIALLY since he made the promise of cutting the deficit in half in his first term. LOL.

I will add one last thing on the current rant before I go...

Waterboarding is not a conservative value. It's a tool we should use if necessary in war. You know, kinda like the bullet between Usamas eyes? Or the drone bombs in Pakistan.
Disagreement is to be expected on serious topics like this but simply trying to score points with quick retorts or insults just diminishes your credibility on the subject.

Last edited:
Barack 0bama is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

Putin and Chavez think the world of him

Oh, sing praises and make a joyful noise!

Said it before, Russian War Planners are laughing themselves nearly to death that they wasted their lives planning how to destroy the USA with a first strike when all they had to do was to get people to vote Democrat

Last edited:

Waterboarding is not a conservative value. It's a tool we should use if necessary in war. You know, kinda like the bullet between obamas eyes? Or the drone bombs in Pakistan.
Disagreement is to be expected on serious topics like this but simply trying to score points with quick retorts or insults just diminishes your credibility on the subject.

Progressive Hero FDR firebombed entire civilian populations, interred the Japanese executed German combatants

Recent Dem Senator was Leader of a group that lynched blacks

You really care what these motherfuckers have to say about anything?

$6,000,000,000,000 in debt in three years should be enough to say Obama is a failure and doesn't deserve the office...ESPECIALLY since he made the promise of cutting the deficit in half in his first term. LOL.

Yes, and then he wanted another 3 1/2 trillion for 2012.
Talk about pushing us off a cliff.

nice try but Obama did not add $6 trillion to the debt in 3 years.

Bush ran up a total of $3.283 trillion in deficit spending .In his first two fiscal years, Obama will run up a total of $2.826 trillion in deficit spending ($1.294 trillion in 2010, an estimated $1.267 trillion in 2011. The 2009 budget was Bush's budget.

When President George W. Bush took office, our national debt was $5.768 trillion. By the time Bush left office, it had nearly doubled, to $10.626 trillion

(remember the deficit increases by more than just the amount borrowed because of interest on the debt), so even though Bush has only $3.283 trillion in deficit spending, the debt when up by $4.858 trillion, the same with Obama his deficit spending has only been $2.561 (through FY 2011) but the debt has gone up around $3.6 trillion from interest on the current debt.

Waterboarding is not a conservative value. It's a tool we should use if necessary in war. You know, kinda like the bullet between obamas eyes? Or the drone bombs in Pakistan.
Before the lefties here report you to the Secret Service, you need to clarify that you mean Osama bin Laden, not President Obama.

How much would we had been in debt if medicare part d and the wars were on the books? Serioulsy, answer that one please.

Oh and here is something to think about. OBAMA WILL WIN AGAIN IN 2012. Eat it.

nice try but Obama did not add $6 trillion to the debt in 3 years.

Bush ran up a total of $3.283 trillion in deficit spending .In his first two fiscal years, Obama will run up a total of $2.826 trillion in deficit spending ($1.294 trillion in 2010, an estimated $1.267 trillion in 2011. The 2009 budget was Bush's budget.

When President George W. Bush took office, our national debt was $5.768 trillion. By the time Bush left office, it had nearly doubled, to $10.626 trillion

(remember the deficit increases by more than just the amount borrowed because of interest on the debt), so even though Bush has only $3.283 trillion in deficit spending, the debt when up by $4.858 trillion, the same with Obama his deficit spending has only been $2.561 (through FY 2011) but the debt has gone up around $3.6 trillion from interest on the current debt.

It was on Obama's watch. If he cared he would have done something about it.

Forum List

Back