obama issues statement on zimmerman virdict

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
For Immediate Release
July 14, 2013

Statement by the President

The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

A nation of laws.....I'll have to think about that one

For Immediate Release
July 14, 2013

The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

Barack, you need to shut your fucking piehole

it would be better if he would have stayed silent.

he already did the damage.

Last edited:
The statement was incomplete. He called for honoring Martin...but how about respecting the verdict and leaving Zimmerman alone?

What they hell does he mean by "we". He's the President. He knows what's happening. What the hell is HE going to do about it. This vague namby pamby stuff doesn't cut. How about some specifics Mr. President ?

Pay Back for OJ :clap2:
Ahahhaaahaaaaaaaaa
Blacks dont like it when a murderer gets away with it, unless of course when its a black person doing the murdering. :cool:

For Immediate Release
July 14, 2013

That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

Honor Trayvon Martin? In saying this, is the President then deciding how the verdict should have been? He really is one of the most manipulative of the despicable in American politics.

Last edited:
The statement was incomplete. He called for honoring Martin...but how about respecting the verdict and leaving Zimmerman alone?

"But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son"

For Immediate Release
July 14, 2013

That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

Honor Trayvon Martin? In saying this, is the President then deciding how the verdict should have been? He really is one of the most manipulative of the despicable in American politics.

Agreed--wh yare we honoring a kid who tried to beat the shit out of someone. Is this something that the president encourages ? Are we going to have schools and streets named after Trayvon ? Oh I KNOW there will be kids named after him.

Forum List

Back