Obama Just Compared Christianity With Islam…At National Prayer Breakfast

And what about the moderate, peaceful Muslims who've invented a less scary God ?
They take their cues from the same play-book as the more Radical and Militant of their co-religionists do.

The problem does not lie with the peaceful inclinations of the majority of adherents to Islam.

The problem lies within the Core Teachings of that belief system - rationalizing and calling for war and violence under various circumstances.

Even amongst the most passive of them, that rotten foundation or core is always in the background - lying dormant - ready to be resurrected by any street-corner mullah.

I guess then by that logic child molesting is the rotten foundation in the background of every Catholic.

child molesting is a sin to Christians, but is allowed in islam. Get it?

It is indeed repulsive and ISIS uses it as a tool to recruit membership.

I've heard this mentioned zero times by the progressives

So outraged by child molestation they seem to ignore this.

Why so shy folks? Will you stoop to even this to defend you inept leaders?
Child molesting is a sin, but that doesn't stop the orgy with the Catholics....

Wow, again no outrage about ISIS using child molestation or rape from a progressive

The point is that Obama's comments were not relevant to the current events. Let's see:

ISIS uses child molestation as a recruiting tool.

A challenge for Moonglow, please post a link to the Catholic Church using child molestation as a recruiting tool.

ok. Go!

1. because we are a Global Power and have Global Interests to be protected.

Really? What interests? That the Jews can keep pretending that their God loves them? That the Oil companies keep making a profit. Please let me know how that is in the interest of Joe living in Chicago. Thanks.

2. because high-speed travel, instantaneous communications, and nuclear weaponry all serve to prevent us from hiding any longer in our cave beyond the seas

Again, ISIS doesn't have nukes, and if we aren't securing our airports and databases, shame on us.

3. because Islam has been under the heel of colonial EuroTrash for centuries, and is now re-awakening and re-militarizing, after coming to the realization of just how far behind the rest of the world it had fallen while under the EuroTrash jackboot, and it's pissed at all The West - including us - long before we began intervening against them.

That would be a good argument for not pissing them off any further, not pissing them off more. But to the point. Most of these countries are dirt poor, they are not an existential threat to the US. Fear of them has probably done more damage than they actually have.

4. because if we don't do it now, our children and grandchildren are going to pay a far higher price than that which we - and they - will pay for our present course of action

5. better to be killed as a bull than as a sheep

Really? Frankly, I've never seen anyone selling "Sheepburgers".

Your argument seems to be, our policies have made the Middle east a hotbed for extermism, so let's keep doing more of that.

It's like slapping a child to get him to stop crying.

Get back to me when you look at the history of Islam and the Death and Destruction it brought to the world.........................Get back to me when we stop praising JORDAN and EGYPT making a STAND against the RADICALS in their RELIGION.......................

Your LIES are old and boring.

Guy, I've got a history degree. Your racism would be laughed out of most major universities.
prove it................

i showed data............you have shown nothing.

I'll tell you what, the OT should of been destroyed. The Jews started this hatred in their history book, starting with Ishamael and Esau, and their racism. If the Jews followed their OT they'd be worst than the radical Islamist.
Wow. You really are out there.

From what I've seen on this forum so far it looks like about 90% of the thread titles are intended to be deceptive.

[

In a religious context, Christians are now less 'savage' than Muslims because the Reformation allowed rank-and-file Christians to slowly re-align their practices more closely with the fundamental or basic or Core Teachings of their Founder, rather than continuing to allow misguided clerics to do their thinking for them in a religious context.

In the case of Christianity, when one re-aligns one's practices more closely in keeping with those of the Founder, one more closely approximates the ideals of "Love thy neighbor" and "Turn the other cheek".

That is false. Christian dominated cultures have become more peaceful as they have increasingly secularized.

And you are presumptuous!
What is YOUR expertise on Christianity and especially regarding "peace" when by agreeing obviously with the Chief-Dissension-Maker,
by "assuming" secularization is the cause?

The golden rule is very very simple and very efficient and I'm going to perform it right here for YOU!
"Please NYcarbineer... if you want to be insulted as you are doing to all Christians by advancing the premise the "secularization" generates "peace"...you are not
a Christian...but something other.

Secularization is the key. Christians aren't killing each other in religious wars anymore because of secularization. The Church can't burn you as a heretic anymore because the Church doesn't possess that authority.

They take their cues from the same play-book as the more Radical and Militant of their co-religionists do.

The problem does not lie with the peaceful inclinations of the majority of adherents to Islam.

The problem lies within the Core Teachings of that belief system - rationalizing and calling for war and violence under various circumstances.

Even amongst the most passive of them, that rotten foundation or core is always in the background - lying dormant - ready to be resurrected by any street-corner mullah.

I guess then by that logic child molesting is the rotten foundation in the background of every Catholic.

Wow, again no outrage about ISIS using child molestation or rape from a progressive

The point is that Obama's comments were not relevant to the current events. Let's see:

A challenge for Moonglow, please post a link to the Catholic Church using child molestation as a recruiting tool.

ok. Go!
I dare you to again think about the twisted bullshit you claim....

Get back to me when you look at the history of Islam and the Death and Destruction it brought to the world.........................Get back to me when we stop praising JORDAN and EGYPT making a STAND against the RADICALS in their RELIGION.......................

Guy, I've got a history degree. Your racism would be laughed out of most major universities.
prove it................

The progressive highway is full of signs that read:

Detour dead ahead

Be prepared

prove it................

The progressive highway is full of signs that read:

Detour dead ahead

Be prepared
:rock:

ok. Go!

Bullshit. You were givin a challenge. Provide the freaking link or go back to the comedy club where you belong.

B9HVrnGCMAE71RO.jpg:large

100% true.
I have never before seen an American President intentionally give aid and comfort to the enemy.

This is not good.

With any luck, Congress will be able to marginalize and isolate him to an extent that prevents him from doing much more mischief between now and January 20, 2017.

He's doing no such thing. He is trying to drive a wedge between Muslim terrorism and Muslim not-terrorism, not just for Muslims for everyone else, especially Americans.

The easiest bias/bigotry right now is to hate Islam. That is why so many Americans are falling into that bias.
We have very different opinions of what President Obama is doing.

For that matter, much of the country, formerly willing to give him his chance, have, by now, come to the realization that he is not a viable leader, and have abandoned him.

What he has done here is one of the most idiotic things that I have ever seen coming from a sitting American President.

Like a moth to a flame, he continues to manifest his nature, which is not in keeping with what much of America needs or wants.

Once again, your guy has shot himself in the foot.

It's gotten to be a familiar pattern by now.

Pity.

You want him to pander to bigots like yourself and condemn Islam outright? Good luck. You're proving how demented you really are.

1. because we are a Global Power and have Global Interests to be protected.

Really? What interests? That the Jews can keep pretending that their God loves them? That the Oil companies keep making a profit. Please let me know how that is in the interest of Joe living in Chicago. Thanks.

2. because high-speed travel, instantaneous communications, and nuclear weaponry all serve to prevent us from hiding any longer in our cave beyond the seas

Again, ISIS doesn't have nukes, and if we aren't securing our airports and databases, shame on us.

3. because Islam has been under the heel of colonial EuroTrash for centuries, and is now re-awakening and re-militarizing, after coming to the realization of just how far behind the rest of the world it had fallen while under the EuroTrash jackboot, and it's pissed at all The West - including us - long before we began intervening against them.

That would be a good argument for not pissing them off any further, not pissing them off more. But to the point. Most of these countries are dirt poor, they are not an existential threat to the US. Fear of them has probably done more damage than they actually have.

4. because if we don't do it now, our children and grandchildren are going to pay a far higher price than that which we - and they - will pay for our present course of action

5. better to be killed as a bull than as a sheep

Really? Frankly, I've never seen anyone selling "Sheepburgers".

Your argument seems to be, our policies have made the Middle east a hotbed for extermism, so let's keep doing more of that.

It's like slapping a child to get him to stop crying.
No, Joe, my argument is that they woke-up from a centuries-long nap, shocked at their backwardness, and pissed at The West, and that no amount of appeasement or placating or withdrawal is going to satisfy the increasingly large numbers of radicals and militants among them - the ones likely to seize and hold onto power in the coming decades.

We cannot prevent their further militarization, but we can make it very clear, from Day One, that we are resolved to stand up to their attempts at bullying, now, and in the future.

And we cannot do that unless we identify the threat vector and are honest with ourselves about its nature and motives and likely future intentions.

Watchfulness, coupled with intelligent intervention as may be required from time to time, is preventative in nature, rather than imperial.

The weirdies are out today.

Both Christianity and Islam claim to religions of peace.

That is the comparison made.

Steve_M actions and words prove that he is closer to a militant Muslim then a peaceful Christian.

Admit it, you didn't listen to the clip, did you?

Islam = Christianity, what Muslims are doing today is the same as Christians because they did it 800 years ago...

Good ole Communist/Progressive wankers. They never miss a chance to insult Christians and Whitey. This President is such a douche.

All hail the Piss Christ!!!!!!

Pisschrist_Extendo_by_Erevis.jpg

I have never before seen an American President intentionally give aid and comfort to the enemy.

This is not good.

With any luck, Congress will be able to marginalize and isolate him to an extent that prevents him from doing much more mischief between now and January 20, 2017.

He's doing no such thing. He is trying to drive a wedge between Muslim terrorism and Muslim not-terrorism, not just for Muslims for everyone else, especially Americans.

The easiest bias/bigotry right now is to hate Islam. That is why so many Americans are falling into that bias.

For that matter, much of the country, formerly willing to give him his chance, have, by now, come to the realization that he is not a viable leader, and have abandoned him.

What he has done here is one of the most idiotic things that I have ever seen coming from a sitting American President.

Like a moth to a flame, he continues to manifest his nature, which is not in keeping with what much of America needs or wants.

Pity.

You want him to pander to bigots like yourself and condemn Islam outright? Good luck. You're proving how demented you really are.

Even Joe Scarbourgh said Obama had his head up his ass

-Geaux

And what about the moderate, peaceful Muslims who've invented a less scary God ?

Because Catholics love to fuck children. Yeah good point, almost as if you thought about it first.

ok. Go!

Bullshit. You were givin a challenge. Provide the freaking link or go back to the comedy club where you belong.

Moonbat thinks a snarky comment that doesn't address anything is equivalent to a link

100% true.

This is not good.

Pity.

-Geaux

Even Joe Scarborough? lol, Scarborough lives to bash Obama.

...You want him to pander to bigots like yourself and condemn Islam outright? Good luck. You're proving how demented you really are.
Incorrect.

I want him to stand with the American People, and with The West (secularized Christendom), and with his own kind (Christians), rather than fueling the enemy's collection of rationalizations and justifications for their behaviors, with implicit "We used to do it, so we should not be overly condemnatory of them for doing it now." messages.

Oh, and, by the way... my summation of the differences in basic or Core Teachings, between Christianity and Islam, and pointing out the glaringly obvious negative nature of those as they pertain to Islam, and labeling Islam as a Threat Vector incompatible with our own culture and society, and to be watched closely, does not render me a bigot.

Rather, it renders me a Realist.

You know... Reality... something that your guy in the Oval Office has only a nodding acquaintance with.

You are defending the indefensible.

And it is not going well for you.

As it should not.

This is not good.

Pity.

-Geaux

Even Joe Scarborough? lol, Scarborough lives to bash Obama.

Again- You're very good at reinforcing my point. Not only has Oprah fired him....

-Geaux

Forum List

Back