Obama Proposes 2 Years of Free Community College

As I understand the proposal students must have a good grade point average in high schools and maintain a 2.5 GPA in community college and be at least a half time student.

A 2.5 in a community college is on the same level as having someone spell their name correctly.

You can get a 2.5 GPA just by breathing in your classes.

So, what about all those who finished college and paid for it on their own? Yeah, let's punish those who did what they needed to do to eek out a meager existence in the middle class by making their degree worthless so Jamal can go to school for African studies or some tranny go to school for gender studies. Let's just extend high school by two years so the lefties have little longer to indoctrinate people. Oh, and let's reward pieces of shit who didn't go to school to make themselves valuable employees by just giving them already near-worthless degrees.
That doesn't make sense. Just because in the past young people had to suffer because of a mountain of college loan debt or give up college is no reason we should continue doing the same thing. There may be good reasons not to implement this proposal but that's not one of them.

OK, lets try again.

Pell Grants already pays for community college and more. What he proposes wouldn't be free, the whole nation will be paying for it. Potential dropouts from high school would most likely remain dropouts and "steal" the financial aid money, like they already do, so it's waste of money. Free community college for everyone would completely devalue any of the skills that could be learn there, thereby making community college more necessary to get a job and decreasing the pay you would receive for said job. That would be pretty much - more education required for less pay. Great. Fucking great.
Free community college would only exacerbate all the workforce problems we're already facing. Barry's just media whoring, or the far scarier alternative is that he's colluding with corporate interests to lower wages and this media campaign is just buttering us up for a supreme ass fucking.

California historically had free higher public education and it worked out pretty well.
Jesus there is no such thing as free.

A 2.5 in a community college is on the same level as having someone spell their name correctly.

So, what about all those who finished college and paid for it on their own? Yeah, let's punish those who did what they needed to do to eek out a meager existence in the middle class by making their degree worthless so Jamal can go to school for African studies or some tranny go to school for gender studies. Let's just extend high school by two years so the lefties have little longer to indoctrinate people. Oh, and let's reward pieces of shit who didn't go to school to make themselves valuable employees by just giving them already near-worthless degrees.
That doesn't make sense. Just because in the past young people had to suffer because of a mountain of college loan debt or give up college is no reason we should continue doing the same thing. There may be good reasons not to implement this proposal but that's not one of them.

OK, lets try again.

Pell Grants already pays for community college and more. What he proposes wouldn't be free, the whole nation will be paying for it. Potential dropouts from high school would most likely remain dropouts and "steal" the financial aid money, like they already do, so it's waste of money. Free community college for everyone would completely devalue any of the skills that could be learn there, thereby making community college more necessary to get a job and decreasing the pay you would receive for said job. That would be pretty much - more education required for less pay. Great. Fucking great.
Free community college would only exacerbate all the workforce problems we're already facing. Barry's just media whoring, or the far scarier alternative is that he's colluding with corporate interests to lower wages and this media campaign is just buttering us up for a supreme ass fucking.

California historically had free higher public education and it worked out pretty well.
Jesus there is no such thing as free.

The only free these morons consider is for those getting but not paying not those of us paying but not getting.

As I understand the proposal students must have a good grade point average in high schools and maintain a 2.5 GPA in community college and be at least a half time student.

Because someone else's parent is doing for their kid what my wife and I have saved to do for ours doesn't mean we should pay more taxes on behalf of that other person's kid.
Yours is an argument I've heard a thousand times. Why should I pay taxes to educate someone else kid and the answer is always the same. Everyone benefits by a better educated population. America is better able to compete with other countries if we have a better trained workforce. Better education means better jobs, less reliance on government, less crime, and more knowledgeable voters.

I believe better educated people help, too. I'm willing to do it for mine and ask other parents to do no more than I do. My parents are in their 70s and damn sure aren't the ones to be paying for this.

More knowledgable voter? I know what that means with this pandering.

Because someone else's parent is doing for their kid what my wife and I have saved to do for ours doesn't mean we should pay more taxes on behalf of that other person's kid.
Yours is an argument I've heard a thousand times. Why should I pay taxes to educate someone else kid and the answer is always the same. Everyone benefits by a better educated population. America is better able to compete with other countries if we have a better trained workforce. Better education means better jobs, less reliance on government, less crime, and more knowledgeable voters.

I believe better educated people help, too. I'm willing to do it for mine and ask other parents to do no more than I do. My parents are in their 70s and damn sure aren't the ones to be paying for this.

Education does help to those who wants to be educated. Everyone can go to college, but not everyone can study. Some countries demand that higher education must have "filter subjects", such as math, physics, chemistry at the level that you-have-to-study-to-pass. That results in classes shrinking very often, with half or even less completing it. Good side of that system is that anyone who actually finish the school and got a degree, deserve it.

Diploma suppose to mean something, and its sad thing that it doesn't anymore. So many are going to college to get diploma at useless things, just to say they have a degree, like it means something.

2e37v3p.jpg

Nothing like BUYING VOTES...What do we need, LIBERALS hit between the eye with a 2x4 to see this OBVIOUS ploy?.... Hell, let's just hit them to wake them up to reality!....Hell, HE'S not going to pay for it, the American people are buying DemocRAT votes!...Think about that!

6ghqow.jpg

Education does help to those who wants to be educated. Everyone can go to college, but not everyone can study. Some countries demand that higher education must have "filter subjects", such as math, physics, chemistry at the level that you-have-to-study-to-pass. That results in classes shrinking very often, with half or even less completing it. Good side of that system is that anyone who actually finish the school and got a degree, deserve it.

Diploma suppose to mean something, and its sad thing that it doesn't anymore. So many are going to college to get diploma at useless things, just to say they have a degree, like it means something.

2e37v3p.jpg

Those supporting something like this regularly mention Germany and other European countries as doing it. What they don't mention is that the process if very competitive unlike what would happen here with anyone having a heartbeat and breathing that WANTED to do allowed in.

2e37v3p.jpg

Those supporting something like this regularly mention Germany and other European countries as doing it. What they don't mention is that the process if very competitive unlike what would happen here with anyone having a heartbeat and breathing that WANTED to do allowed in.

If you wanna see scam of society, just go to your nearest college campus and find liberal arts majors.

I'd like to see a graph of the projected impact of his plan on different racial groups in the states. Is there any?

Obama President Proposes 2 Free Years of Community College

President Barack Obama announced a proposal Thursday to provide two years of free community-college tuition to American students who maintain good grades.

He also said that this plan will save at least 3.800$ per year, it means that student should continue working, because this plan will not give them: food, clothing and house! What for this circus? I don't know!

It is not free....we willl pay for this and then community colleges will suck as bad as public education at the grade school and high school level......and the cost of Community college will go up as well....since the government is paying for it........right?

This ^^ is exactly what I predicted ---- rhetorical wankers with nothing constructive to add except to crow "will never work", carrying with them no basis at all.

If you're not imaginative enough to come up with a way it will work, then you're part of what's keeping it from happening. Naysayers have never accomplished anything but naysaying.

So saying we can either fund college or pay for people on welfare for the next 50 years is substance?

In fact, people which receive welfare will go to these colleges, it means that we all will pay much more taxes to fund colleges and welfare at the same time! Well, as a result we will receive thousands of unskilled people, still living on welfare...

Evil, just evil. Edumacatin' Murkins? We don't want that goin' on. Next thing you know peoples will be makin' dem intelligent arguments and shit. Larnin' reason an' logic, maybe even... science. :ack-1:

Nope, we likes our sheeples dumbed down 'n' stoopid. Give 'em books an' dey gets all uppity. Starts readin' them Constitutionals. I tell ya the old church had it right when they make it illegal to read the Holy Babble. Infermation's a dangerous game, leave it to duh experts. We wunt da common peoples in line and iggerant. When you know too much, you crow too much.
Exactly. It's a tragedy, a terrible tragedy to give people the chance to improve their lot it life, to train for a vocation or to prepare for a chance at completing a university degree. What a great loss to the country it would be to have more people prepared to be valuable members of the work force, to be self supporting, and to contribute in a positive way to society.

President Barack Obama announced a proposal Thursday to provide two years of free community-college tuition to American students who maintain good grades.

He also said that this plan will save at least 3.800$ per year, it means that student should continue working, because this plan will not give them: food, clothing and house! What for this circus? I don't know!

It is not free....we willl pay for this and then community colleges will suck as bad as public education at the grade school and high school level......and the cost of Community college will go up as well....since the government is paying for it........right?

This ^^ is exactly what I predicted ---- rhetorical wankers with nothing constructive to add except to crow "will never work", carrying with them no basis at all.

If you're not imaginative enough to come up with a way it will work, then you're part of what's keeping it from happening. Naysayers have never accomplished anything but naysaying.

So saying we can either fund college or pay for people on welfare for the next 50 years is substance?

In fact, people which receive welfare will go to these colleges, it means that we all will pay much more taxes to fund colleges and welfare at the same time! Well, as a result we will receive thousands of unskilled people, still living on welfare...
It's people who, by the way, not which. People are not whiches. Maybe you are afraid these kids will become better educated than you are and take your job away from you.

It's people who, by the way, not which. People are not whiches. Maybe you are afraid these kids will become better educated than you are and take your job away from you.

At a community college?

At a community college what? You are inarticulate and use non-standard English. Are you trying to suggest you are educated? Did you go to any kind of college? Get any professional or vocational training? Why do you want others to go without? When they have good jobs because of their two years in community college, they will be employed taxpayers. Why do you object to that?

Evil, just evil. Edumacatin' Murkins? We don't want that goin' on. Next thing you know peoples will be makin' dem intelligent arguments and shit. Larnin' reason an' logic, maybe even... science. :ack-1:

Nope, we likes our sheeples dumbed down 'n' stoopid. Give 'em books an' dey gets all uppity. Starts readin' them Constitutionals. I tell ya the old church had it right when they make it illegal to read the Holy Babble. Infermation's a dangerous game, leave it to duh experts. We wunt da common peoples in line and iggerant. When you know too much, you crow too much.
Exactly. It's a tragedy, a terrible tragedy to give people the chance to improve their lot it life, to train for a vocation or to prepare for a chance at completing a university degree. What a great loss to the country it would be to have more people prepared to be valuable members of the work force, to be self supporting, and to contribute in a positive way to society.

"Give" being the key word. What about "earn". It's their parents job to give them that opportunity not mine.

At a community college what? You are inarticulate and use non-standard English. Are you trying to suggest you are educated? Did you go to any kind of college? Get any professional or vocational training? Why do you want others to go without? When they have good jobs because of their two years in community college, they will be employed taxpayers. Why do you object to that?

I responded to a smartass supporter of this plan who stated that the reason many didn't want to fund it was because they were afraid someone might get an education and take their jobs. My response was "at a community college?" meaning that no skills they will learn there will ever come close to the level of training and education my three degrees, two of which are advance and all of which came from well known and academically recognized universities.

I don't want others to go without. Don't confuse my belief that it's their parent's place to do it for them not mine with thinking they shouldn't get what they want. Your assumption is that is will automatically mean a good job. I object to being forced to do for some other person's kid what they won't do for their own. I provide it for mine and expect nothing more from anyone else than what I do. How is wanting them to do the same as I do wrong?

What if their parents do not have the financial resources? Why do you want them to continue to live at the bottom of the barrel because they come from a poor family? I thought all you people wanted those on welfare to get off welfare. Why don't you want people to improve their station in life? Oh, and btw, I don't believe at all about your two advanced degrees or that you went to good universities. You are inarticulate and use non-standard English. You are not well educated. It shows in neon signs.

What if their parents do not have the financial resources? Why do you want them to continue to live at the bottom of the barrel because they come from a poor family? I thought all you people wanted those on welfare to get off welfare. Why don't you want people to improve their station in life? Oh, and btw, I don't believe at all about your two advanced degrees or that you went to good universities. You are inarticulate and use non-standard English. You are not well educated. It shows in neon signs.

That doesn't, by default, mean because I have it for mine I should give up more for theirs.

That I earned those degrees doesn't involve whether or not you believe it. Your non-belief doesn't change the fact they exist.

That you are yet another worthless, good for nothing bleeding heart shows. If you want that other kids to go to college, pay their tuition in full. If not, you're nothing more than the typical I want this but you have to fund it.

I bet you claim you're educated.

Well.....we have government education for 12 years....and the government can't teach reading or math to a level that these kids can succeed.....what makes you think that once the feds get their nose under the tent that they won't start destroying the community college system and education achievements.......

Doesn't Obama's proposal include that the students get good grades?If they are not succeeding in school, they will not remain in the program. Many community college programs are vocational, not academic. Kids will not be required to read Shakespeare or do algebra: they will be learning a trade.

Well.....we have government education for 12 years....and the government can't teach reading or math to a level that these kids can succeed.....what makes you think that once the feds get their nose under the tent that they won't start destroying the community college system and education achievements.......

Yet another speculation fallacy. Perhaps two years of college are necessary to teach how fallacies work.

But congratulations on finally making a post that had nothing to do with gun worship.

Yep. The same argument over and over. I just wish these guys would be honest and say what they really mean, I don't want my money spent on anyone but me; it's all about me.

When it comes to paying for college, it is about ME and MY children. I'M the one that has saved the money for MY children. That money should go to MY children not someone else's child.

You seem to forget that I'm not asking any of them to do anything other than what I'm willing to do myself. Those expecting the the government to do this for their kids aren't thinking about anyone but themselves unless you're willing to tell me they give a damn where the money comes from as long as they get it.

You just confirmed our point. "I got mine, fuck the resta yez".

The point I've confirmed is that I while I got mine, I don't expect anything more of others than I do myself. When I'm meeting my responsibility as a parent and I see others demanding I meet it for their kids because they won't, you have part of it right. It isn't I got mine, it's fuck the rest of you that want me to do for you what you won't do for your own kids.

You have a problem with me wanting to use MY money for MY kids yet you don't have one demanding I be forced to do what another parent isn't for their own kids. I don't owe them a college education.

You're still stuck in the same blind spot.
Such an idea is not for the benefit of "your" kids, "my" kids, "his", "her" or "their" kids. It's for the benefit of the greater whole, the country, the culture, the society, choose your term. Just as the fire department isn't there to protect "your" property or "mine". You keep trying to personalize the Commons into the Personal Possession as if it's some kind of trinket that must be "owned" by one entity or another, that's your blind spot.

This just in: not everything in life is material, and not everything is quantifiable as "X amount of money".

This proposal isn't for the benefit of my kids. My kids will be going to a real college not the 13th and 14th grade like community college.

Your blind spot is that you have already determined that it will benefit the greater whole without one damn bit of proof to back it up.

Yuh huh.
Then why do we publicly fund 1-12?

Matter o' fact why do we require education at all if there's no benefit to the Commons?

For that matter why does the concept of education even exist? To benefit Numero Uno if Numero Uno can afford it?

See what I mean? You still don't get it.

Forum List

Back