obama said he would sign an assault weapons ban

Really? on obama's word he can have you indefinitely detained by the military, you just got kicked in the nuts.

Right. Damn, how paranoid are you, anyway?

Dumb ass read NDAA 2012 section
A judge block the perversion that would allow it
Judge Rules Against Law on Indefinite Detention
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/us/judge-blocks-controversial-indefinite-detention-law.html

But it was over turn by an appeals court
Obama wins right to indefinitely detain Americans under NDAA — RT

Where were you when Bush was putting the "Patriot Act" together? Were you bitiching then?
I was. And I said then that as soon as a Dem was in the WH, you rethugs wouldn't be happy when the law was expanded. And sure enough I was right.

Should have thought this bull shit through before you supported it.

Of course you will say that you are the one lone rethug that was opposed to the patriot act. Because you have automatic weapons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/us/judge-blocks-controversial-indefinite-detention-law.html

Where were you when Bush was putting the "Patriot Act" together? Were you bitiching then?
I was. And I said then that as soon as a Dem was in the WH, you rethugs wouldn't be happy when the law was expanded. And sure enough I was right.

Of course you will say that you are the one lone rethug that was opposed to the patriot act. Because you have automatic weapons.

I'm man enough to say I supported the patriot act for a short time until I read what it actually does. Never again

Really? on obama's word he can have you indefinitely detained by the military, you just got kicked in the nuts.

NDAA, Black Helicopters, Tin Foil hats,

Whatever, dude.

NDAA, Black Helicopters, Tin Foil hats,

Whatever, dude.

Stupid if it's tin foil it's because you have it on the brain. It's there obama can do it. unless you have a gun and lots of friends too fight back too stop it.

[

Stupid if it's tin foil it's because you have it on the brain. It's there obama can do it. unless you have a gun and lots of friends too fight back too stop it.

Guy, if the Government comes for your guns, it will because you were scaring the neighbor's children.

They will be cheering when they lead or wheel you away.

No one wants bands of fucking morons running about with guns....

I'm man enough to say I supported the patriot act for a short time until I read what it actually does. Never again

Your honest response about the Patroit Act has been noted.:clap2:
To bad there is nothing to be done about it now. I complained then that this kind of legislation has a way of growing that is not good for liberty and freedom.

Unfortunately we sold our collective souls to the idea that government could protect us from anything or anybody. Just so long as they could arrest us without due process, wire tap phones, sieze assets etc etc.

Now just who was it that the Patriot act was designed to control? Us?

Your honest response about the Patroit Act has been noted.:clap2:
To bad there is nothing to be done about it now. I complained then that this kind of legislation has a way of growing that is not good for liberty and freedom.

Unfortunately we sold our collective souls to the idea that government could protect us from anything or anybody. Just so long as they could arrest us without due process, wire tap phones, sieze assets etc etc.

Now just who was it that the Patriot act was designed to control? Us?

That is why I will never be disarmed I'll take it to may grave if needs be. I do not give up anymore rights. No matter whose pushing it.

[

Guy, if the Government comes for your guns, it will because you were scaring the neighbor's children.

Now Law abiding citizens are being reduced to bands of fucking morons by people who disagree with them exercising their Constitutional Rights... Unbelievably disgusting, even for liberals.

[

No one wants bands of fucking morons running about with guns..
Talk about moronic and stupid What band are you listening to right now? Dumb ass it's not bands it's banned

[

Now Law abiding citizens are being reduced to bands of fucking morons by people who disagree with them exercising their Constitutional Rights... Unbelievably disgusting, even for liberals.

Ridicule is the only weapon liberals have, it's less effective against someone who is aware of what's going on.

That would be unconstitutional. THE VERY WEAPONS YOU SAY SHOULD BE BANNED ARE THOSE THE COURTS HAVE RULED PROTECTED BY THE SECOND AMENDMENT.

You should not have a right too free speech. so shut the fuck up.

Actually it wouldn't........

And don't pull out its unconstitutional bullshit Republicans/GOP never cares about that till it comes to guns.
NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP.

U.S. v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939). This is the only case in which the Supreme Court has had the opportunity to apply the Second Amendment to a federal firearms statute. The Court, however, carefully avoided making an unconditional decision regarding the statute's constitutionality; it instead devised a test by which to measure the constitutionality of statutes relating to firearms and remanded the case to the trial court for an evidentiary hearing (the trial court had held that Section 11 of the National Firearms Act was unconstitutional). The Court remanded to the case because it had concluded that:

In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense.
Thus, for the keeping and bearing of a firearm to be constitutionally protected, the firearm should be a militia-type arm.

The case also made clear that the militia consisted of "all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense" and that "when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time." In setting forth this definition of the militia, the Court implicitly rejected the view that the Second Amendment guarantees a right only to those individuals who are members of the militia. Had the Court viewed the Second Amendment as guaranteeing the right to keep and bear arms only to "all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense," it would certainly have discussed whether, on remand, there should also be evidence that the defendants met the qualifications for inclusion in the militia, much as it did with regard to the militia use of a short-barrelled shotgun.

Lewis v. United States, 445 U.S. 95 (1980). Lewis recognized -- in summarizing the holding of Miller, supra, as "the Second Amendment guarantees no right to keep and bear a firearm that does not have 'some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia'" (emphasis added) -- that Miller had focused upon the type of firearm. Further, Lewis was concerned only with whether the provision of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 which prohibits the possession of firearms by convicted felons (codified in 18 U.S.C. 922(g) in 1986) violated the Second Amendment. Thus, since convicted felons historically were and are subject to the loss of numerous fundamental rights of citizenship -- including the right to vote, hold office, and serve on juries -- it was not erroneous for the Court to have concluded that laws prohibiting the possession of firearms by a convicted felon "are neither based upon constitutionally suspect criteria, nor do they trench upon any constitutionally protected liberties."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[

Talk about moronic and stupid What band are you listening to right now? Dumb ass it's not bands it's banned

Okay, try to comprehend simple English, Cleetus.

No one wants "bands" of "morons" running about with guns.

Okay, try to comprehend simple English, Cleetus.

No one wants "bands" of "morons" running about with guns.
You don't even know how to spell it much less what the fuck you are talking about.
It's not bands you fucking moron.

No, um actually, it is...

I'm sorry they didn't explain to you that a group of people is often called a "band"...

Here, I'll help you out.

band

noun
a company of persons or, sometimes, animals or things, joined, acting, or functioning together; aggregation; party; troop: a band of protesters.

Band | Define Band at Dictionary.com

I'm sure you didn't learn that in Christian Home Skule, Cleetus.

No, um actually, it is...

I'm sorry they didn't explain to you that a group of people is often called a "band"...

Here, I'll help you out.

band

noun
a company of persons or, sometimes, animals or things, joined, acting, or functioning together; aggregation; party; troop: a band of protesters.

Band | Define Band at Dictionary.com

I'm sure you didn't learn that in Christian Home Skule, Cleetus.

ok stupid it's not assault weapons bands hows that moron.

Has their ever been and assault weapons ban in America?
Have firearms be confiscated from law abiding citizens in America?
Has firearms been used to bring down a corrupted politician in America in the 20th century?
Has obama said he wants an assault weapons ban?

All answers will be yes.

The first two and the last were done by your man Mitt.
Three out of four is pretty good.

How did Romney do it on a Federal level? Fucking Liar

You never said anything about state or federal level.
He backed a bill for a nationwide assault weapons ban.

Liar.

In 1994, Romney Backed Assault Weapons Ban And Brady Bill, Boasting “That’s Not Going To Make Me The Hero Of The NRA.”
[Romney] said he will take stands that put him at odds with some traditional ultra-conservative groups, and cited his support for the assault rifle ban and the Brady gun control law. ‘That’s not going to make me the hero of the NRA,’ he said. ‘I don’t line up with a lot of special interest groups.’” (Andrew Miga,“Mitt Rejects Right-Wing Aid,” Boston Herald, 9/23/94)

Is the Brady Act a state law or a federal law?

Liar.

In 1994, Romney Backed Assault Weapons Ban And Brady Bill, Boasting “That’s Not Going To Make Me The Hero Of The NRA.”
[Romney] said he will take stands that put him at odds with some traditional ultra-conservative groups, and cited his support for the assault rifle ban and the Brady gun control law. ‘That’s not going to make me the hero of the NRA,’ he said. ‘I don’t line up with a lot of special interest groups.’” (Andrew Miga,“Mitt Rejects Right-Wing Aid,” Boston Herald, 9/23/94)

Is the Brady Act a state law or a federal law?
Do you have anything more recent saying that?

Liar.

"When asked by a reporter if he supported the renewal of the federal 'assault weapons' ban and if he had spoken to the senators about it, Governor Romney replied that it was not really his job to lobby on federal legislation, but that he shared Senator Kerry's and Senator Kennedy's position on the issue!"
Will Media Fact Check Romney's Assault Weapons Ban Claim? | Blog | Media Matters for America

Forum List

Back