Obama says ISIS under control, head of CIA says opposite

You're ignoring the contradiction he pointed out.
I quoted Brennan confirming what Obama said, so his "contradiction" is a Limbaugh Lie parroted by a moron who gets his Limbaugh Lies second hand, if he is to be believed. If you noticed the OP posted no quotes!!!!

Compare the two for yourself and then please highlight the "contradiction."

OBAMA: ISIL continues to lose ground in Iraq. In the past two months, local forces in Iraq, with coalition support, have liberated the western town of Rutbah and have also pushed up the Euphrates River Valley, liberating the strategic town of Hit and breaking the ISIL siege of Haditha. Iraqi forces have surrounded Fallujah and begun to move into the city. Meanwhile, in the north, Iraqi forces continue to push up the Tigris River Valley, making gains around Makhmour, and now preparing to tighten the noose around ISIL in Mosul. All told, ISIL has now lost nearly half of the populated territory that it once controlled in Iraq -- and it will lose more.

ISIL continues to lose ground in Syria as well. Assisted by our Special Operations Forces, a coalition of local forces is now pressuring the key town of Manbij, which means the noose is tightening around ISIL in Raqqa as well. In short, our coalition continues to be on offense. ISIL is on defense. And it’s now been a full year since ISIL has been able to mount a major successful offensive operation in either Syria or Iraq.

As ISIL continues to lose territory, it also continues to lose the money that is its lifeblood. As a result of our strikes against its oil infrastructure and supply lines, we believe that we’ve cut ISIL’s revenue from oil by millions of dollars per month. In destroying the storage sites where they keep their cash, we’ve deprived ISIL of many millions more.

BRENNAN: On the battlefields of Syria and Iraq, the U.S-led coalition has made important progress against ISIL. The group appears to be a long way from realizing the vision that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi laid out when he declared the “caliphate” two years ago in Mosul.

Several notable indicators are trending in the right direction. ISIL has lost large stretches of territory in both Syria and Iraq. Its finance and media operations have been squeezed. And it has struggled to replenish its ranks of fighters, in part because fewer foreign fighters are traveling to Syria. Moreover, some reports suggest that a growing number of ISIL members are becoming disillusioned with the group and are eager to follow in the footsteps of members who have already defected.

The anti-ISIL Coalition is taking steps to exploit these vulnerabilities. In addition to efforts underway to liberate cities like Fallujah and Manbij, the Coalition is also removing ISIL leaders from the battlefield, thereby reducing the group’s capabilities and its will-to-fight. Last month, for example, a US airstrike killed an influential ISIL leader in Al Anbar.

Too many words, since you are not Steven King no one will read that.
IOW, the quotes from Obama and Bennan that I posted expose your lie.
Thank you.
Lie?
Do you understand how an opinion is formed or what an opinion is? Do you understand that it is possible for your opinion to differ from mine yet neither are necessarily wrong or a lie? Do you understand how incredibly stupid you look right now?
Perhaps you should click on the link I provided. It teaches you THE BASICS of how a NORMAL brain functions. Here it is again. Good luck!
http://www.brainfacts.org/brain-basics/neuroanatomy/articles/2012/the-neuron/

In the title of the thread you claim that the CIA said the opposite of what the president said. So that is not really an opinion but a statement of supposed fact. Which has been debunked by the actual facts of what they really said..

Misrepresenting original facts and then developing an entire and often elaborate false conclusion based on the original misrepresented facts is exactly what ElRushbo does all the time.
The cia painted a grim picture of the problems we face with isis. Obama says it's under control or "contained"
Those two positions ARE NOT alike. Taking a few bits and pieces of the full statement do not constitute a summation of that statement.
Your effort is admirable but falls short of reality.

You're ignoring the contradiction he pointed out.
I quoted Brennan confirming what Obama said, so his "contradiction" is a Limbaugh Lie parroted by a moron who gets his Limbaugh Lies second hand, if he is to be believed. If you noticed the OP posted no quotes!!!!

OBAMA: ISIL continues to lose ground in Iraq. In the past two months, local forces in Iraq, with coalition support, have liberated the western town of Rutbah and have also pushed up the Euphrates River Valley, liberating the strategic town of Hit and breaking the ISIL siege of Haditha. Iraqi forces have surrounded Fallujah and begun to move into the city. Meanwhile, in the north, Iraqi forces continue to push up the Tigris River Valley, making gains around Makhmour, and now preparing to tighten the noose around ISIL in Mosul. All told, ISIL has now lost nearly half of the populated territory that it once controlled in Iraq -- and it will lose more.

ISIL continues to lose ground in Syria as well. Assisted by our Special Operations Forces, a coalition of local forces is now pressuring the key town of Manbij, which means the noose is tightening around ISIL in Raqqa as well. In short, our coalition continues to be on offense. ISIL is on defense. And it’s now been a full year since ISIL has been able to mount a major successful offensive operation in either Syria or Iraq.

As ISIL continues to lose territory, it also continues to lose the money that is its lifeblood. As a result of our strikes against its oil infrastructure and supply lines, we believe that we’ve cut ISIL’s revenue from oil by millions of dollars per month. In destroying the storage sites where they keep their cash, we’ve deprived ISIL of many millions more.

BRENNAN: On the battlefields of Syria and Iraq, the U.S-led coalition has made important progress against ISIL. The group appears to be a long way from realizing the vision that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi laid out when he declared the “caliphate” two years ago in Mosul.

Several notable indicators are trending in the right direction. ISIL has lost large stretches of territory in both Syria and Iraq. Its finance and media operations have been squeezed. And it has struggled to replenish its ranks of fighters, in part because fewer foreign fighters are traveling to Syria. Moreover, some reports suggest that a growing number of ISIL members are becoming disillusioned with the group and are eager to follow in the footsteps of members who have already defected.

The anti-ISIL Coalition is taking steps to exploit these vulnerabilities. In addition to efforts underway to liberate cities like Fallujah and Manbij, the Coalition is also removing ISIL leaders from the battlefield, thereby reducing the group’s capabilities and its will-to-fight. Last month, for example, a US airstrike killed an influential ISIL leader in Al Anbar.

Thank you.

What lie?
Read the title of this thread and then highlight what Brennan said that was the opposite of what Obama said in the two quotes I posted.

In other words you can not say what lie I told. Thank you for admitting that I was truthful

Thank you.
Lie?
Do you understand how an opinion is formed or what an opinion is? Do you understand that it is possible for your opinion to differ from mine yet neither are necessarily wrong or a lie? Do you understand how incredibly stupid you look right now?
Perhaps you should click on the link I provided. It teaches you THE BASICS of how a NORMAL brain functions. Here it is again. Good luck!
http://www.brainfacts.org/brain-basics/neuroanatomy/articles/2012/the-neuron/

In the title of the thread you claim that the CIA said the opposite of what the president said. So that is not really an opinion but a statement of supposed fact. Which has been debunked by the actual facts of what they really said..

Misrepresenting original facts and then developing an entire and often elaborate false conclusion based on the original misrepresented facts is exactly what ElRushbo does all the time.
The cia painted a grim picture of the problems we face with isis. Obama says it's under control or "contained"
Those two positions ARE NOT alike. Taking a few bits and pieces of the full statement do not constitute a summation of that statement.
Your effort is admirable but falls short of reality.

But you've condensed what the CIA said into "a grim picture" and the President to "it's under control", when in fact both men said a great deal more.

President Obama Delivers Statement US Operations | Video | C-SPAN.org

CIA Director John Brennan Warns Lawmakers | Video | C-SPAN.org

Again that is a LIE not an opinion. Obama said no such thing as proven by the fact that you can post no quote!!!

Here is what Obama actually said:

OBAMA: At the outset, I want to reiterate our objective in this fight. Our mission is to destroy ISIL. Since I last updated the American people on our campaign two months ago, we’ve seen that this continues to be a difficult fight -- but we are making significant progress.

Again that is a LIE not an opinion. Obama said no such thing as proven by the fact that you can post no quote!!!

OBAMA: At the outset, I want to reiterate our objective in this fight. Our mission is to destroy ISIL. Since I last updated the American people on our campaign two months ago, we’ve seen that this continues to be a difficult fight -- but we are making significant progress.

This was BEFORE the Paris attacks, and at least 2 attacks here. Contained my ass. Now kindly stick your head back up your ass and FUCK OFF

This was BEFORE the Paris attacks, and at least 2 attacks here. Contained my ass. Now kindly stick your head back up your ass and FUCK OFF

WOW, the lying POS D'Sousa as a source, you are really scraping the bottom of the sewer!

First of all, your deceptively edited video does NOT say "ISIS is under control" as your lying title claims. And the full quote from the lying D'Sousa does not say it either.

OBAMA: Well, no, I don't think they're gaining strength. What is true is that from the start our goal has been first to contain, and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq. And in Syria it they'll come in, they'll leave. But you don't see this systematic march by ISIL across the terrain.

What we have not yet been able to do is to completely decapitate their command and control structures. We've made some progress in trying to reduce the flow of foreign fighters. But one of the things that I'll be talking about when I see President Erdogan in Turkey and discuss this with the G20 is that we've still got to do more work in controlling the border so that the influx of foreign fighters is much more reduced.

And you know, what we also have to do is frankly work with the Iraqis to strengthen their capabilities. Because one of the big challenges throughout this campaign has been that the Iraqi military has proven itself to be effective in protecting Baghdad. But it's much harder for them, because they're primarily Shia, to move out into Sunni areas. And part of our goal has to be to recruit more effective Sunni partners in Iraq to really go on offense rather than simply engage in defense.

WOW, the lying POS D'Sousa as a source, you are really scraping the bottom of the sewer!

First of all, your deceptively edited video does NOT say "ISIS is under control" as your lying title claims. And the full quote from the lying D'Sousa does not say it either.

OBAMA: Well, no, I don't think they're gaining strength. What is true is that from the start our goal has been first to contain, and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq. And in Syria it they'll come in, they'll leave. But you don't see this systematic march by ISIL across the terrain.

What we have not yet been able to do is to completely decapitate their command and control structures. We've made some progress in trying to reduce the flow of foreign fighters. But one of the things that I'll be talking about when I see President Erdogan in Turkey and discuss this with the G20 is that we've still got to do more work in controlling the border so that the influx of foreign fighters is much more reduced.

And you know, what we also have to do is frankly work with the Iraqis to strengthen their capabilities. Because one of the big challenges throughout this campaign has been that the Iraqi military has proven itself to be effective in protecting Baghdad. But it's much harder for them, because they're primarily Shia, to move out into Sunni areas. And part of our goal has to be to recruit more effective Sunni partners in Iraq to really go on offense rather than simply engage in defense.

Wow

We're done here. Enjoy your Friday evening hack.

FRD4kbA.jpg

ISIS is under control?

Yeah, this is the same jackass who declared he had 'contained' ISIS...the day before ISIS perpetrated the largest attack on France since WWII.

ISIS is under control?

Yeah, this is the same jackass who declared he had 'contained' ISIS...the day before ISIS perpetrated the largest attack on France since WWII.
Of course he never said ISIS is under control, and he said ISIS was contained IN IRAQ.
As we see, the Right ALWAYS lie in packs!

Hussein Obama and Clinton created and fed ISIS.

That's the sort of leader you elected America...

Hussein Obama is behind Sunni ISIS because that's this traitor religion....he is a Muslim your President

Bitch Hillary... because of greed ....what scum!

Hussein Obama and Clinton created and fed ISIS.
LIAR!

Bush created ISIS in his own image at Camp Bucca, as you well know.

How a US prison camp helped create ISIS | New York Post

By putting the worst of the worst together, the US was essentially hosting a terrorist convention. “Bucca didn’t create the problem of anti-American sentiment, but it exacerbated the problem by localizing it and concentrating it,” said Michael Weiss, co-author of “ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror.” “If you were a jihadist, Bucca became the place to be.”

Early in Bucca’s existence, the most extreme inmates were congregated in Compound 6. There were not enough Americans guards to safely enter the compound — and, in any event, the guards didn’t speak Arabic. So the detainees were left alone to preach to one another and share deadly vocational advice.

Adel Jasim Mohammed, a former detainee, once described the scene to Al Jazeera. “Extremists had freedom to educate the young detainees,” Mohammed said. “I saw them giving courses using classroom boards on how to use explosives, weapons and how to become suicide bombers.”

They were also networking in ways that never would have been possible outside the wire. A few months back, The Guardian published an extraordinary interview with an ISIS leader it called Abu Ahmed, who described his years at Bucca in glowing terms.

“We had so much time to sit and plan,” Ahmed said. “It was the perfect environment. We all agreed to get together when we got out. The way to reconnect was easy. We wrote each other’s details on the elastic of our boxer shorts. When we got out, we called. Everyone who was important to me was written on white elastic. I had their phone numbers, their villages.”

Al-Baghdadi, the self-proclaimed caliph of the Islamic state, spent 10 quiet months at Bucca. According to Pentagon records, he was released by Bush in December 2004. He was such a model inmate, a military review board deemed him not to be a significant threat.

Bucca also housed Haji Bakr, a former colonel in Saddam Hussein’s air-defense force. Bakr was no religious zealot. He was just a guy who lost his job when the Coalition Provisional Authority disbanded the Iraqi military and instituted de-Baathification, a policy of banning Saddam’s past supporters from government work.

According to documents recently obtained by German newspaper Der Spiegel, Bakr was the real mastermind behind ISIS’s organizational structure and also mapped out the strategies that fueled its early successes. Bakr, who died in fighting in 2014, was incarcerated at Bucca from 2006-’08, along with a dozen or more of ISIS’s top lieutenants.

The collusion at Bucca got so bad that when Marine Maj. Gen. Doug Stone was put in command of the camp in 2007, he became aware that some insurgents were allowing themselves to be caught so they could join their comrades.

Skye=Totally brainwashed, 90% chance racist, functional moron.

OP- Obama was talking about the "caliphate" in Syria and Iraq, Brennan about the mad dog citizens of France/Belgium/US who are ISIS only as an excuse to hit out at the people they hate. Almost impossible to stop all of them.

Typical RW propaganda, for chumps only...

Forum List

Back