Obama Supporters at MLK March- Desecrate the Flag

At least Obama didn't desecrate it himself. Like this guy....

2018977549_bush_flag_desecration_xlarge.jpeg

And he was wrong to do so.........

to me those flags are different...they are more a commemorative flag passed out at events..and it doesn't have his picture on it in place of the stars...

Yes, of course that is completely different. :cuckoo:

The radical left invented desecrating the Flag. The radical left won a law suit allowing them to burn and shit on the Flag back in the 60's when they were angry about being drafted. They aren't subject to a draft but they are still angry.

I would never desecrate the flag, but I find it awesome that we can burn it in protest without facing criminal charges. It's called freedom. It's called the First Amendment.
Don't we live in a great country?

Pelosi said the 1st amendment only applied to legitimate journalist

-Geaux

Who is "our enemy?" The confederates were all Americans. They certainly weren't my enemy.

Confederates were not Americans when they fought the Civil War. They renounced their citizenship and became citizens of the Confederacy. They quit their country and formed a new one. They were the enemy of the United States. Once they were defeated and the Confederacy ceased to exist, they were allowed to come back into the Union as citizens. And ofcourse they weren't your enemy, you weren't alive when all this occured.

The United States never accepted them as a foreign country but that they remained always as part of the United States.

Agreed, we never accepted them as a foreign counrty, but the SOLDIERS swore alliegence to the Confederacy and when they surrendered had to renounce that oath and swear alliegence to the Union. Only talking about soldiers, not civilians.

Last edited:
to me those flags are different...they are more a commemorative flag passed out at events..and it doesn't have his picture on it in place of the stars...

So the unknown thousands of those little flags attached to pictures, notes, teddy bears and all manner of memorabilia left at the Vietnam Veterans, Korean and WWII Memorials in Washington, DC are not real flags? How about the ones just a little larger that get put at the headstones at Arlington and other veteran's cemetarys? Some might think you are desecrating the flag with your stupid ideas and comments. Quit while you are behind.

It's not difficult to understand....

Last Memorial Day the Mayor of our little village came up to me and asked if he should go change his tie. Someone had told him it was wrong. It was red white and blue stripes....

Not a thing wrong with it....

But a picture on the flag in place of stars? Or writing on the flag, or ripping the flag, and to me burning the flag or wearing it as a piece of clothing is just wrong....

I say the pledge at a minimum of once a month. Last month I attended a city council meeting and was asked to lead the assembled in the pledge...

I take it serious....It is a pledge...It is the symbol of our freedoms. It should never be desecrated in any way shape or form....

This Obama flag is just wrong....No matter how many others in the past were wrong it doesn't make this right....yes i would burn that flag, and not in ceremony........

So the unknown thousands of those little flags attached to pictures, notes, teddy bears and all manner of memorabilia left at the Vietnam Veterans, Korean and WWII Memorials in Washington, DC are not real flags? How about the ones just a little larger that get put at the headstones at Arlington and other veteran's cemetarys? Some might think you are desecrating the flag with your stupid ideas and comments. Quit while you are behind.

you are desecrating this board with your Obsessive hate..
now kindly fuck off I wasn't talking to you. and speaking of behinds, the horses ass is fitting for you

Last edited:

you are desecrating this board with your Obsessive hate..
now kindly fuck off I wasn't talking to you. and speaking of behinds, the horses ass is fitting for you

I'm not being hateful. Just pointing out like others have that you don't know much about how the flag is supposed to be treated and the definition of flag desecretion. Don't know why you wouldn't just kick back and learn instead of aggressivly insisting you have knowledge on a subject you don't have knowledge on. Why do you deem it responsible to promote misinformation about the proper care of the American flag? Why not take the oppurtunity to educate about the proper treatment of our flag?

Last edited:
The radical left invented desecrating the Flag. The radical left won a law suit allowing them to burn and shit on the Flag back in the 60's when they were angry about being drafted. They aren't subject to a draft but they are still angry.

The American flag is a symbol of the freedom to burn and shit on the American flag.

(as long as you have the proper permits etc.)

This thread OP is so racist.

The American flag is a symbol of the freedom to burn and shit on the American flag.

(as long as you have the proper permits etc.)

This thread OP is so racist.

Tell me what is racist about the OP. Pedal to the metal here.

What makes the OP racist.

Obama is black- though he is not an African American in the sense that his ancestors were never slaves- He does represent the "first black president".

I think the idea of putting his picture on a flying flag is in really poor taste- but in light of MLK march it is a forgivable faux pa and an understandable one as well in my opinion- the key is- I am just joining in the opinion share here.

It is not the same as airbrushed campaign logos with the flag superimposed over a candidate- nor even of the autographed parade flags...seriously, it is a leap to equate those things with a full sized flag with a presidents image put directly onto the flag.

All of this is to say that this is not some huge scandal- it was just a woman showing her own patriotic pleasure at having lived to see a black man reach the highest level of elected office. Given this nations great strides in making up for the travesty of slavery and the celebration of a key figure who further helped that along (MLK) it's just not upsetting to me.

the Confederate flag is part of our history, the Obama flag is just disgusting

I agree. Almost everything about Obama is disgusting. Flying the flag of a former enemy, while criticizing the Obama flag is equally disgusting though.

That's a matter of opinion, depending on which side of the Mason-Dixon Line you were born on.

I was born in West "by God" Virginia, right below the Mason-Dixon line. We were the only state to split from the South. I take flying the flag of our enemy as treason. While I despise flying a flag with Obama's face on it, I take it as a minor indiscretion to flying the flag of those who murdered thousands of AMERICAN soldiers, for the sake of keeping your "negro on the plantation".

It's not difficult to understand....

Last Memorial Day the Mayor of our little village came up to me and asked if he should go change his tie. Someone had told him it was wrong. It was red white and blue stripes....

Not a thing wrong with it....

But a picture on the flag in place of stars? Or writing on the flag, or ripping the flag, and to me burning the flag or wearing it as a piece of clothing is just wrong....

I say the pledge at a minimum of once a month. Last month I attended a city council meeting and was asked to lead the assembled in the pledge...

I take it serious....It is a pledge...It is the symbol of our freedoms. It should never be desecrated in any way shape or form....

This Obama flag is just wrong....No matter how many others in the past were wrong it doesn't make this right....yes i would burn that flag, and not in ceremony........
Indeed. 50 stars that represent 50 Sovereign States replaced with an image of a wannabe tyrant that has no regard for this nation and it's founding...or cares. The flag they fly is an abomination, and seeing they have the right as a matter of First Amendment? They are free to do so...doesn't mean we have to like it as you so aptly state, and WE also exercise our First Amendment right as well to be disgusted.

Forum List

Back