Obama, Worst president in history, bar none.

are you saying the entire debt increase is due to inflation? If so, you are even more stupid than I thought.
LOLOL

You're so fucking deranged. No, I didn't say that.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

so you are saying that adjusted for inflation, Obama's 9T is equal to Bush's 3T? That's one hell of an inflation rate. Got anything to back that up?
LOLOL

No, I didn't say that either. Dayam, you are one ignorant conservative. And that's saying something in a sea of ignorant conservatives.

then make your fricken point. If you have one.
LOL

My point was already made, Shitstain. I'm laughing at you now because it sailed clear over your pointy head.

you were trying to make a point that, due to inflation, Reagan and Obama added the same amount to the debt. That's not only untrue, it shows a complete lack of knowledge of inflation and basic math.

LOLOL

so you are saying that adjusted for inflation, Obama's 9T is equal to Bush's 3T? That's one hell of an inflation rate. Got anything to back that up?
LOLOL

No, I didn't say that either. Dayam, you are one ignorant conservative. And that's saying something in a sea of ignorant conservatives.

LOL

My point was already made, Shitstain. I'm laughing at you now because it sailed clear over your pointy head.

you were trying to make a point that, due to inflation, Reagan and Obama added the same amount to the debt. That's not only untrue, it shows a complete lack of knowledge of inflation and basic math.

Reagan didn't have to pay interest on Obama's debt. Obama had to pay interest on Reagans, and Bush's, and Clinton's, and Bush's.

LOLOL

LOLOL

LOL

Since your say-so alone is worthless, given your history of lying and ignorance, how about you back that up with someone else's evidence?

LOLOL

LOL

Reagan didn't have to pay interest on Obama's debt. Obama had to pay interest on Reagans, and Bush's, and Clinton's, and Bush's.

true, but Reagan had to pay interest on all previous president's debt. and Trump will have to pay interest on 20 trillion of debt, half of which was created under Obama.

LOLOL

LOL

Since your say-so alone is worthless, given your history of lying and ignorance, how about you back that up with someone else's evidence?

ask Faun, he/she/it made the claim, not me.

Ok, lets take this very slowly. Are you claiming that Obama is responsible for 9.1 Trillion being added to the National Debt? If so, you are dead wrong. If not then your statement accusing him of doubling the national debt is false.

As for Isis, it sounds like you are accusing him of growing Isis, not creating it like you falsely stated in your OP.

Two down, shall we continue?

that 9.1T in debt was incurred on his watch, so yes it belongs to him, just as the debt incurred under Reagan and Bush belongs to them

ISIS was nothing but a bunch of disorganized ragheaded radical islamists before Obama, Obama "allowed" them to grow and become a danger to the entire world.

Sooooooooooooooo, two attempts by you refuted with facts. Got anything else?
You are just plain wrong and you've proven it in your weak attempt to refute. You blame Obama for creating ISIS yet you admit they were a group of "disorganized radical ragheads" before obama. Right there you contradict yourself and prove your talking point is false.

You did the same thing with the Debt accusation. Having it double under his watch you can assign ownership but you can't assign blame as he was only responsible for a fraction of the spending. The major contributors to the debt, bond Investments and mandatory spending had nothing to do with Obama.

You lie and manipulate the truth and you're not fooling anybody. I can pick apart all your weak arguements and partisan talking points but this revolving broken record of idiocracy that I'm getting with your ignorant responses is starting to grow tiresome.

So lets see here, Bush is 100% responsible for everything that happened during his 8 years, but Obama isn't responsible for what happened during his 8 years.

Yeah, sure, that makes sense :2up:
Now you are pivoting to Bush? When have I ever said anything about Bush? You're out of material man. How about you just admit that you dumped a steaming pile of exaggerated untrue garbage in your OP and we call it a day.

no, just pointing out the fallacies in your arguments. you lefties always want to hold Bush responsible for everything from the day he was sworn to the day Obama was sworn in, but you don't apply the same rules to Obama.

As to the OP, everything in it is true. Obama was a terrible president, and its really sad because as the first black president he could have done so much to heal this nation, instead he divided it like never before.
You haven't pointed out one fallacy in my arguments. If you think bringing up Bush proves a point, that is laughable. I haven't said a word about Bush, if you think I have then provide a quote, otherwise stick to the subject and my comments and stop trying to pivot to a different issue that has nothing to do with me.

that 9.1T in debt was incurred on his watch, so yes it belongs to him, just as the debt incurred under Reagan and Bush belongs to them

ISIS was nothing but a bunch of disorganized ragheaded radical islamists before Obama, Obama "allowed" them to grow and become a danger to the entire world.

Sooooooooooooooo, two attempts by you refuted with facts. Got anything else?
You are just plain wrong and you've proven it in your weak attempt to refute. You blame Obama for creating ISIS yet you admit they were a group of "disorganized radical ragheads" before obama. Right there you contradict yourself and prove your talking point is false.

You did the same thing with the Debt accusation. Having it double under his watch you can assign ownership but you can't assign blame as he was only responsible for a fraction of the spending. The major contributors to the debt, bond Investments and mandatory spending had nothing to do with Obama.

You lie and manipulate the truth and you're not fooling anybody. I can pick apart all your weak arguements and partisan talking points but this revolving broken record of idiocracy that I'm getting with your ignorant responses is starting to grow tiresome.

So lets see here, Bush is 100% responsible for everything that happened during his 8 years, but Obama isn't responsible for what happened during his 8 years.

Now you are pivoting to Bush? When have I ever said anything about Bush? You're out of material man. How about you just admit that you dumped a steaming pile of exaggerated untrue garbage in your OP and we call it a day.

no, just pointing out the fallacies in your arguments. you lefties always want to hold Bush responsible for everything from the day he was sworn to the day Obama was sworn in, but you don't apply the same rules to Obama.

As to the OP, everything in it is true. Obama was a terrible president, and its really sad because as the first black president he could have done so much to heal this nation, instead he divided it like never before.
You haven't pointed out one fallacy in my arguments. If you think bringing up Bush proves a point, that is laughable. I haven't said a word about Bush, if you think I have then provide a quote, otherwise stick to the subject and my comments and stop trying to pivot to a different issue that has nothing to do with me.

ok, simple question: is every president responsible for the debt incurred while he is in office? its a yes or no question.

ok, simple question: is every president responsible for the debt incurred while he is in office? its a yes or no question.
No, of course not... do you even understand what the national debt is comprised of? It isn't a credit card bill, it's a much bigger beast.

Presidents are responsible for discretionary spending and deficits to some degree. War time brings dramatic increases in spending, while peace time and industry booms bring tremendous revenues... look at the .com bubble. These economic factors are not all caused by sitting presidents.

To use a bad surfing analogy... The waves come as the ocean provides them and we ride the ones we catch as well as we can. Some presidents get bigger waves to ride and others get smaller ones... They get judged on how well they ride the waves that they catch.

No, of course not... do you even understand what the national debt is comprised of? It isn't a credit card bill, it's a much bigger beast.

Presidents are responsible for discretionary spending and deficits to some degree. War time brings dramatic increases in spending, while peace time and industry booms bring tremendous revenues... look at the .com bubble. These economic factors are not all caused by sitting presidents.

To use a bad surfing analogy... The waves come as the ocean provides them and we ride the ones we catch as well as we can. Some presidents get bigger waves to ride and others get smaller ones... They get judged on how well they ride the waves that they catch.

So if the national debt goes up in 2017 you wont blame Trump???? Sure, and I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.

So if the national debt goes up in 2017 you wont blame Trump???? Sure, and I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.
The national debt will without a doubt go up in 2017... It has gone up over the term of every single president since 1789. It is a pointless criticism and critic of a president. Instead a president should be judged on the spending initiatives that they undertake and their effectiveness. You can look at what they add to or subtract from the deficit, that is fair to discuss... Also, which programs are funded/defunded, and the effects that spending/gov programs have on our economy and environment.

The national debt will without a doubt go up in 2017... It has gone up over the term of every single president since 1789. It is a pointless criticism and critic of a president. Instead a president should be judged on the spending initiatives that they undertake and their effectiveness. You can look at what they add to or subtract from the deficit, that is fair to discuss... Also, which programs are funded/defunded, and the effects that spending/gov programs have on our economy and environment.

yeah, ok. I agree with all that. Now, Obama spent 9 trillion more than the government collected, what did we get for that money?

No:

yeah, ok. I agree with all that. Now, Obama spent 9 trillion more than the government collected, what did we get for that money?
Dude, how many times do I have to spell it out... OBAMA DID NOT ADD 9 TRILLION DOLLARS TO THE DEBT THROUGH HIS SPENDING. His discretionary spending budget was a fraction of that. The majority of the Discretionary spending went to the military and the majority of the Mandatory spending was social security and medicare (these are not something that Obama had control over unless congress agreed on a radical change to those programs)

You apparently need to study up on this. Here is a link that explains it with a bunch of neat colorful charts.
Federal Spending: Where Does the Money Go

No:

Ok, then what do you say to the dems and libs who say that Reagan doubled the national debt? Or, are only republican presidents responsible for the debt incurred during their terms?

Of the 9+ trillion added during Obama's 8 years, how much would you say he is responsible for? any of it? half? 3/4? or do you not hold him responsible for anything?

Dude, how many times do I have to spell it out... OBAMA DID NOT ADD 9 TRILLION DOLLARS TO THE DEBT THROUGH HIS SPENDING. His discretionary spending budget was a fraction of that. The majority of the Discretionary spending went to the military and the majority of the Mandatory spending was social security and medicare (these are not something that Obama had control over unless congress agreed on a radical change to those programs)

You apparently need to study up on this. Here is a link that explains it with a bunch of neat colorful charts.
Federal Spending: Where Does the Money Go

Yes, I understand that fully. Will you use that same logic when Trump has to spend trillions to pay the interest on debt run up by his predecessors?

But having said that. Rightly or wrongly, presidents are held responsible for the debt added during their terms. If not the president, who should we hold responsible? No one?

Should we hold Obama responsible for the hundreds of millions he spent on personal vacations? or do we just look the other way and say, "well shit, they all do it" ?

No:

Ok, then what do you say to the dems and libs who say that Reagan doubled the national debt? Or, are only republican presidents responsible for the debt incurred during their terms?

Of the 9+ trillion added during Obama's 8 years, how much would you say he is responsible for? any of it? half? 3/4? or do you not hold him responsible for anything?
Anybody that uses the broad terms like you and the Reagan critics have been doing only show that yall don't have a clue about what the debt is and how our national economy works. From what I read on this thread, people were using the Reagan example to try and refute your argument and make you look like a hypocrite like you are trying to do with me. Except I don't play the partisan games. Again, i'll go back to saying it is a pointless argument. There is plenty of waste in the government that can be pointed out, but making stupid and inaccurate statements like you did are lies and i'm going to call them out.

If you are asking how much Obama is responsible for, i believe it only fair to look at the spending and policies that he actually put forth and then judge the effects... Here is a good breakdown: The short answer is $983 billion. Though I haven't fact check all the items listed in the below article. But the methodology is what I agree with.

----

During Obama's terms, there was less Federal income. That because the recession and the Bush tax cuts reduced tax receipts. At the same time, the cost of Social Security, Medicare, and other mandatory programs continued to increase. The War on Terror, although technically over, was still being fought in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The fairest method is to measure the debt incurred by Obama's specific policies. The Congressional Budget Office does this for every program. The CBO found that the largest contributor was the Obama tax cuts, which were an extension of the Bush tax cuts. They added $858 billion to the debt in 2011 and 2012.

The next largest was ARRA. It added $787 billion between 2009-2012. It cut taxes, extended unemployment benefits, and funded job-creating public works projects. Both were attempts to stimulate the economy after the 2008 financial crisis

Also, Obama increased military spending to around $800 billion a year on average. In fact, his security budget request of $895 billion in FY 2011 set a new record. In FY 213, he requested $851 billion. That happened even though he withdrew troops from Iraq in 2012, and eliminated the threat from Osama bin Laden in 2011. Obama spent $857 billion in contingency funds during his Administration. That was more than the $850 billion Bush devoted to the War on Terror.

What about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act? It didn't add anything to the debt in Obama's first term. That's because most of its costs began in 2014. That's when it set up health insurance exchanges and extended coverage to more low-income people. In fact, tax increases offset costs to the tune of $104 billion between 2010-2019. For more, see Obamacare Costs.

Congress and Obama also negotiated the sequestration budget cuts. They cut the deficit a small percent. When all these are added up, Obama's debt contribution was $983 billion between 2009-2017. (Source: Ezra Klein, "Doing the Math on Obama's Deficits," The Wall Street Journal, January 31, 2014.)

Ask the Congress, they write all of the spending bills. Give credit to Obama for increased revenue since he raised taxes.

Ask the Congress, they write all of the spending bills. Give credit to Obama for increased revenue since he raised taxes.

So, you hold the president responsible for nothing and congress responsible for everything? Interesting, since democrats have controlled congress for most of the last 80 years. But I agree, it was democrat/liberal policies that have put us in this massive debt situation. Said another way------------democrats trying to buy votes has put us in this situation. But to be fair, the establishment pukes in both parties are responsible..

DRAIN THE SWAMP !.

So, you hold the president responsible for nothing and congress responsible for everything? Interesting, since democrats have controlled congress for most of the last 80 years. But I agree, it was democrat/liberal policies that have put us in this massive debt situation. Said another way------------democrats trying to buy votes has put us in this situation. But to be fair, the establishment pukes in both parties are responsible..

DRAIN THE SWAMP !.
LOLOL

President Tinkles is filling the swamp, not draining it. And Republicans have controlled the Congress for most of the last 36 years since Reagan was first elected and the debt began ballooning out of control.

DRAIN THE SWAMP !.
LOLOL

President Tinkles is filling the swamp, not draining it. And Republicans have controlled the Congress for most of the last 36 years since Reagan was first elected and the debt began ballooning out of control.

Trump is putting the most qualified people in cabinet positions. People who know how to get things done. That is good for America and you libs and dems are scared shitless that he is going to be successful. you fools would sacrifice the country for your party, pathetic assholes.

as to control of congress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidents_of_the_United_States_and_control_of_Congress

Forum List

Back