🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamanomics

Obama and the filthy ass Democrats are owned lock, stock and barrel by environmental wacko billionaire Tom Steyer.

What Tom wants from his Boy he gets. Even if is destroys American jobs and energy independence.
exactly HOW would keystone xl give us energy independence?

We can get the oil from our friends in Canada via an efficient pipeline of we can get the oil from the Middle East Mullahs and Shieks.

Of course Tom Styer's dumbass Boy doesn't want us to get oil from anybody. He wants us to use government subsidies to make more of those wonderful Solyndra solar cells so the executives that contributed to Obama's campaign can get richer.
keystone xl was not for transporting oil for American use, but to get their Canadian oil sands to the FOREIGN marketplace.

keystone xl was not for transporting oil for American use, but to get their Canadian oil sands to the FOREIGN marketplace.

Which foreigners want to pay to ship Canadian oil all the pay to the Gulf Coast and then outbid US refineries, right there, in order to ship it via tanker?
You have a list of these foreign buyers?

Eminent Domain, taking USA Citizen's land away, for a foreign corporation to make a better profit is abuse of govt power.

keystone xl, is NOT to transport oil across our Nation, so WE, AMERICANS can buy it or use it....it's sole purpose is for this Canadian company to be able to sell and ship these refined oil sands to FOREIGNERS.

The OP is about whether or not infrastructure creates jobs.

Obama says it does. But also, that it doesn't.
Link?

I watched the presser on CNBC. Go to the site and click on Videos. I'm on a phone and can't link it.

a USA infrastructure project would create immediate temp jobs for construction and THEN CREATE LONG TERM JOBS .... build new schools/colleges across the nation, you employ teachers for a lifetime and students for the next 50 years that go on to prosper... fix the bridges and roadways and you have millions of people that can safely get to work for the next 75 years and easy transit for businesses to transport goods across the nation, which also creates and maintains a hefty work force....

Bridges and roadways don't create long term jobs.

Schools are funded mostly by local property taxes. Most of the federal government's infrastructure bill would not go to schools.

No roads, no bridges, NO JOBS FOR ANYONE in the future.

No expanded Electric grid, no electricity for businesses or jobs of the future.

No expanded and fixed up schools, no educated work force, for jobs in the future.
I'm beginning to think Toro is here as a secret weapon from Canada to turn us into a third world country.

Yeah, more jobs and more secure, cheaper oil.
Just like Cuba. Moron.
NONE, zip, zero oil from Canada's keystone xl was to be for USA use....

do you understand that?

NONE.

zero oil from Canada's keystone xl was to be for USA use....

A pipeline built to ship oil from Canada to US refineries isn't for the USA to use?
That's funny.

Eminent Domain, taking USA Citizen's land away, for a foreign corporation to make a better profit is abuse of govt power.

keystone xl, is NOT to transport oil across our Nation, so WE, AMERICANS can buy it or use it....it's sole purpose is for this Canadian company to be able to sell and ship these refined oil sands to FOREIGNERS.

Link?

I watched the presser on CNBC. Go to the site and click on Videos. I'm on a phone and can't link it.
I found the transcript finally. Sorry, you are simply incorrect:

First: The pipeline would not make a meaningful long-term contribution to our economy. So if Congress is serious about wanting to create jobs, this was not the way to do it. If they want to do it, what we should be doing is passing a bipartisan infrastructure plan that, in the short term, could create more than 30 times as many jobs per year as the pipeline would, and in the long run would benefit our economy and our workers for decades to come.

Transcript: President Obama rejects Keystone XL pipeline

Obama and the filthy ass Democrats are owned lock, stock and barrel by environmental wacko billionaire Tom Steyer.

What Tom wants from his Boy he gets. Even if is destroys American jobs and energy independence.

We can get the oil from our friends in Canada via an efficient pipeline of we can get the oil from the Middle East Mullahs and Shieks.

Of course Tom Styer's dumbass Boy doesn't want us to get oil from anybody. He wants us to use government subsidies to make more of those wonderful Solyndra solar cells so the executives that contributed to Obama's campaign can get richer.

Which foreigners want to pay to ship Canadian oil all the pay to the Gulf Coast and then outbid US refineries, right there, in order to ship it via tanker?
i'm sorry you don't KNOW THIS!!!!

Yes, the goal is to ship tar sands from Canada through keystone xl, to refineries in the Gulf's TAX FREE ZONE, for them to refine it, tax free, and ship it overseas to foreigners.

42,000 jobs is good for the economy.

But Obama says otherwise.
"Jones said the Keystone pipeline will only result in 35 permanent jobs after construction.

The numbers, as reported by the State Department, back him up, though that’s the nature of any big construction project, be it a highway or monument.

Jones’ claim is True."

CNN's Van Jones says Keystone pipeline only creates 35 permanent jobs

I know.

Like I said, roads and bridges create zero permanent jobs.

But permanent jobs are not the economic argument for infrastructure spending.
No one maintains roads and bridges?

Fewer than maintain pipelines.
Link?

if you insist ...

• The Motiva Port Arthur Refinery – a 50/50 joint venture between Royal Dutch Shell and Saudi Aramco– completed the biggest refinery expansion in U.S. history in 2012. The $10 billion, 5-year project added 325,000 bpd of refining capacity to create the country’s largest refinery at 600,000 bpd. Much of this capacity is configured to process heavy oil. At the plant’s official opening in May 2012, Shell’s then CEO Peter Voser told journalists that “clearly exports are part of (the) thinking”.
  • An analyst at Bank of America-Merrill Lynch told the Investor Daily that, “The bulk of the Motiva plant’s production is — like a growing share of refinery capacity along the Gulf Coast — geared for export (…) (w)e can export gasoline and diesel to northwest Europe cheaper than they can produce it locally”.
  • Motiva Port Arthur managers told the New York Times in April 2013 that Motiva is “prepared to export much of their production, especially diesel to Latin America where the market is growing.”
  • Phillips66 is aiming to almost quadruple its exports from 60,000 bpd in 2010 to 220,000 bpd in 2015 (see presentation slide below). It has a 240,000 bpd refinery in Lake Charles, LA, with access to KXL and boasts on its website of this refinery’s ability to export through its marine terminal.

:rolleyes:

Yes, the goal is to ship tar sands from Canada through keystone xl, to refineries in the Gulf's TAX FREE ZONE, for them to refine it, tax free, and ship it overseas to foreigners.

for them to refine it,

So Americanrefineries with American workers would benefit.
The products would be available for use in the US.
The workers wages and the corporate profits would be taxed by the US government.
Corporate dividends would also be paid to US investors who would be taxed on them.
As long as we ignore all these benefits, you're right.
No use/benefit for the US in the pipeline.

Wow, I knew liberals were bad at economics, but I didn't realize you had absolutely no clue.

Link?

First: The pipeline would not make a meaningful long-term contribution to our economy. So if Congress is serious about wanting to create jobs, this was not the way to do it. If they want to do it, what we should be doing is passing a bipartisan infrastructure plan that, in the short term, could create more than 30 times as many jobs per year as the pipeline would, and in the long run would benefit our economy and our workers for decades to come.

Thanks. He said exactly what I thought he said.

He said that Keystone was not the way to create jobs. Then he said an infrastructure bill was.

Link?

Thanks. He said exactly what I thought he said.

He said that Keystone was not the way to create jobs. Then he said an infrastructure bill was.
That isn't what your OP said, sigh.

for them to refine it,

The workers wages and the corporate profits would be taxed by the US government.
Corporate dividends would also be paid to US investors who would be taxed on them.

Wow, I knew liberals were bad at economics, but I didn't realize you had absolutely no clue.
NOPE!

read up on it, do some research for your own knowledge and benefit...

coming from me, just gives you reason to keep up the argument....

My bad, it wasn't your op, it was your subsequent posts, like this one:

The argument isn't that infrastructure spending isn't good for the economy.

The argument is that Obama said that it does, but also, that it doesn't, at least when it's politically expedient.

The argument is that Obama said that it does, but also, that it doesn't, at least when it's politically expedient.

From the transcript you posted.

"this was not the way to do it."

What do you think that means?

Toro is stuck on stupid and Keystone is dead regardless..

the oil would be exported, Saudi and Shell refine the majority of it, everyone but the US makes a ton of $$$ ..

the end

"this is not the way to do it."

Exactly what I said in my first post in the thread.

for them to refine it,

ok, i did a little googling for you.....

One of the most important facts that is missing in the national debate surrounding the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is this – Keystone XL will not bring any more oil into the United State for decades to come. Canada doesn’t have nearly enough oil to fill existing pipelines going to the United States. However, existing Canadian oil pipelines all go to the Midwest, where the only buyer for their crude is the United States. Keystone XL would divert Canadian oil from refineries in the Midwest to the Gulf Coast where it can be refined and exported. Many of these refineries are in Foriegn Trade Zones where oil may be exported to international buyers without paying U.S. taxes. And that is exactly what Valero, one of the largest potential buyers of Keystone XL's oil, has told its investors it will do. The idea that Keystone XL will improve U.S. oil supply is a documented scam being played on the American people by Big Oil and its friends in Washington DC.
Keystone XL is a tar sands pipeline to export oil out of the United States | Anthony Swift's Blog | Switchboard, from NRDC

for them to refine it,

ok, i did a little googling for you.....

One of the most important facts that is missing in the national debate surrounding the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is this – Keystone XL will not bring any more oil into the United State for decades to come. Canada doesn’t have nearly enough oil to fill existing pipelines going to the United States. However, existing Canadian oil pipelines all go to the Midwest, where the only buyer for their crude is the United States. Keystone XL would divert Canadian oil from refineries in the Midwest to the Gulf Coast where it can be refined and exported. Many of these refineries are in Foriegn Trade Zones where oil may be exported to international buyers without paying U.S. taxes. And that is exactly what Valero, one of the largest potential buyers of Keystone XL's oil, has told its investors it will do. The idea that Keystone XL will improve U.S. oil supply is a documented scam being played on the American people by Big Oil and its friends in Washington DC.
Keystone XL is a tar sands pipeline to export oil out of the United States | Anthony Swift's Blog | Switchboard, from NRDC

post 106 ... totally ignored

I think the only problem with this is the eminent domain for a FOREIGN for-profit company
Everything else is partisan delusion, IMO.
It is safer than railcars, it will create jobs(what construction job ISNT temporary?) and almost 40%(supposedly) will stay here.

"this is not the way to do it."

Exactly what I said in my first post in the thread.

That it only creates 40 jobs?

That's an erroneous argument against most infrastructure spending, explained in several subsequent posts.

Almost all infrastructure jobs are not permanent jobs.

Forum List

Back