Obama’s “Career Killer” Overtime Rules Blasted by Businesses

If a business needs workers to work more than 40 hours then PAY THEM time and a half. Its moral and common sense. There a will be attempts to screw workers out of more pay by the GOP I'm sure as they continue their utter disdain for hard working people.

Those businesses have a third choice: Just be willing to make slightly less profit in order to pay your managers decent overtime pay.

I'm with Obama on this one. I guess that's because I've seen how my own son was worked like a dog by a restaurant chain because he was a manager and earned over the maximum salary for overtime pay. So he was working about 75 hours a week.

It's not going to kill businesses to pay their managers overtime. I applaud Obama's move.

I agree.

I haven't suffered such abuse myself or anyone I've known personally, but I have seen it.

Paul Ryan Commits To Fighting Rule That Extends Overtime Protection To Millions Of Workers @ Paul Ryan Commits To Fighting Rule That Extends Overtime Protection To Millions Of Workers
Notice how the Republicans on the one hand do everything they can to keep wage earners from earning more money, and then on the other hand blame the Democratic Party for wage earners income being static!!!!!

Paul Ryan is one republican and one that is on the wrong side of history WITHIN the Republican Party.

And being pro-job and pro-growth is all about trying to get wage earners to get more money.

If a business needs workers to work more than 40 hours then PAY THEM time and a half. Its moral and common sense. There a will be attempts to screw workers out of more pay by the GOP I'm sure as they continue their utter disdain for hard working people.

Bill Clinton was in office for 8 years and didn't address this.

Obama has been in for nearly 8 and just got around to it now.

I haven't heard of any dems in Congress making an issue of this, ever.

Whatever happened to the good old days when workers stood up for themselves if they felt the need to......

Whatever happened to the good old days when workers stood up for themselves if they felt the need to......

Job market is too shitty.

Workers don't feel they have options. Because often they don't.

This is a situation that can and should be changed.

Or maybe they dont care......I dont get overtime pay....and wont after this, and it doesnt bother me....libs always complain of dying unions but never try to invigorate the old ones or create new ones....makes ya go...hhhhmmmmmm

Or maybe they dont care......I dont get overtime pay....and wont after this, and it doesnt bother me....libs always complain of dying unions but never try to invigorate the old ones or create new ones....makes ya go...hhhhmmmmmm

Most people don't want to work 50 plus hours a week. Most people have a life outside of work.

The "dying unions" is another issue. And yes, one that the dems don't help.

Paul Ryan Commits To Fighting Rule That Extends Overtime Protection To Millions Of Workers @ Paul Ryan Commits To Fighting Rule That Extends Overtime Protection To Millions Of Workers
Notice how the Republicans on the one hand do everything they can to keep wage earners from earning more money, and then on the other hand blame the Democratic Party for wage earners income being static!!!!!
Paul Ryan is one republican and one that is on the wrong side of history WITHIN the Republican Party.

And being pro-job and pro-growth is all about trying to get wage earners to get more money.
Ryan was CHOSEN by the GOP to be their leader in the House, so he is not just one Republican on the wrong side of the rest of the GOP.

And there is nothing "pro-job" about the GOP.

Ryan was CHOSEN by the GOP to be their leader in the House, so he is not just one Republican on the wrong side of the rest of the GOP.

That was long time ago, a lot has changed since then.

Today, he is on the wrong side of history, within the GOP.

And your disagreement with GOP policies is noted.

Most people don't want to work 50 plus hours a week. Most people have a life outside of work.

If thats what they want then make it happen......this way there is no recourse for those who like what they have. BTW people need to become reacquainted with reality. Sure my father didnt like the 60 hr week he signed up for but its called survival. Doing what needs to be done.

If thats what they want then make it happen......this way there is no recourse for those who like what they have. BTW people need to become reacquainted with reality. Sure my father didnt like the 60 hr week he signed up for but its called survival. Doing what needs to be done.

This isn't about survival.

This is about incompetent businessmen trying to keep their ill run businesses afloat by cutting costs at the expense of their workers.

Screw them.

This is about incompetent businessmen trying to keep their ill run businesses afloat by cutting costs at the expense of their workers.

Screw them.
Thats a narrative...fact is without decent employees there is no profit..thus if they werent paying enough people would not take those jobs......these arent jobs Americans wont do

This is why a good worker is ready to walk off his job at any second for a better one. Workers owe their employers nothing more than a good days work...loyalty,vdevotion to a job today is now gone because they havrbren forced to carry themselves this way.

Bill Clinton was the last President to raise the minimum wage. Unemployment went down.

Screw them.
Thats a narrative...fact is without decent employees there is no profit..thus if they werent paying enough people would not take those jobs......these arent jobs Americans wont do

1. Decent or not employees are not relevant to this issue.

2. People take the jobs they can find.

3. No, they aren't jobs that Americans won't do. THat doesn't mean that their bosses should be allowed to pretend they are managers and thus pay them less per hour.

Bill Clinton was the last President to raise the minimum wage. Unemployment went down.

That did not address my point.

That was long time ago, a lot has changed since then.

Today, he is on the wrong side of history, within the GOP.

And your disagreement with GOP policies is noted.
That "long time ago" was 6 months!!!!! :rofl::lmao:

Forum List

Back