Obama's Mother Denied ??? Another Lie ???

The Lies that Sold Obamacare | National Review Online

This loser appears to use his mother for his own gains.

From the article:

Obama says in 2008:

For my mother to die of cancer at the age of 53 and have to spend the last months of her life in the hospital room arguing with insurance companies because they’re saying that this may be a preexisting condition and they don’t have to pay her treatment, there’s something fundamentally wrong about that.

But........

There would be, if it had been true. But when New York Times reporter Janny Scott researched the issue for her biography of the president’s mother, she discovered letters proving beyond a doubt that CIGNA never denied Dunham coverage for her disease. The dispute was over a disability plan that would have paid some of Dunham’s other expenses.The White House did not deny Scott’s account, but shrugged it off as something that had happened long ago. Not so long that it couldn’t be milked one last time, though, for a 2012 campaign film. In The Road We’ve Traveled, the message remained unchanged — a greedy insurance company had cut off Stanley Ann Dunham at her moment of maximum vulnerability and cost her her life.

Besides being a failure...he is a fraud.

Well no.

Cancer treatment is pretty rough.

And if you can't get things like food and shelter..or take care of your kid?

Then you delay it.

And that could cost you your life.

you're dealing with republicans ...they haven't any compassion when it comes to a illness ... they have no Idea what a person is going through ...

Please don't bring up the truth, liberals hate the truth.
the problem you have is you would know the truth if it was staring you in the face

You are correct I would know the truth if it was staring me in the face! the problem is you would not know the truth if it was staring you in the face.

Thanks for the endorsement however, coming from a wing nut like you, it doesn't mean much.

Lol!

Libs don't care what the truth is so to them it won't be a lie. Maybe slightly embellished for the greater good at worst. America voted stupidly.

Well no.

Then you delay it.

Your attempt at justification is laughable.

Read the OP with your brain turned on.

His claim was about pre-existing conditions.

This is way too funny.

Dunham had filed the disability claim to help pay for those additional expenses. The company denied the claim because her doctor had suspected uterine cancer during an office visit 2 ½ months before Dunham had started the job with Development Alternatives, though Dunham said the doctor had not discussed the possibility with cancer with her. Dunham requested a review from CIGNA, saying she was turning the case over to “my son and attorney Barack Obama.”

?The Road We?ve Traveled:? A misleading account of Obama?s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post

Funny..yeah.

Another American who's life was cut short.

Tell about your outrage about Benghazi again?

its funny here she tries to apply for disability and was denied because the insurance company believed she had this as a preexisting condition ... the deal with her cancer but they won't help her financially cause they believe its preexisting condition ... funny how that is here we are arguing over health care ...what was said, what wasn't said ... but we here we had a woman, who was in the hospital, arguing with an insurance company over insurance matters at the worst time in her life... that's what obama was saying ... why should you have to argue preexisting condition ... we don't have to now ... thanks to the Affordable Care Act ... the point here about lying??? go back to the speeches themselves ... see what both of them said said and not some right wing blogger

you're kidding the Washington post ??? now thats funny ...

And then you provide a link from NPR right after saying this?????? :clap2::clap2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

yep... they don'y lie ... all their information was taken word for word from both of their speeches ... I trust them over any right wing source ... they don't have a agenda ... I can show you time and time again how the washington post misled their articles just like this artical... but you can't show any actual documents from npr of them lying or misleading ... can you say that??? the problem you have here is your belief that its the liberal press when in reality its the press you don't like ... when a republicans has been exposed for their wrong doing you go crazy ... thats why you don't like npr they go after anybody unlike your so-called sources ... they go after dems they go after republicans ... washingtom post they go after dems and dems only ...when the cant make a story the invent one like they did here...

Libs don't care what the truth is so to them it won't be a lie. Maybe slightly for the greater good at worst. America voted stupidly.
how is this embellished... Obama said through her health care plan she was denied disability insurance because of a preexisting condition ... now tell us how is that embellished??? explain yourself

From the article:

Obama says in 2008:

For my mother to die of cancer at the age of 53 and have to spend the last months of her life in the hospital room arguing with insurance companies because they’re saying that this may be a preexisting condition and they don’t have to pay her treatment, there’s something fundamentally wrong about that.

But........

There would be, if it had been true. But when New York Times reporter Janny Scott researched the issue for her biography of the president’s mother, she discovered letters proving beyond a doubt that CIGNA never denied Dunham coverage for her disease. The dispute was over a disability plan that would have paid some of Dunham’s other expenses.
The White House did not deny Scott’s account, but shrugged it off as something that had happened long ago. Not so long that it couldn’t be milked one last time, though, for a 2012 campaign film. In The Road We’ve Traveled, the message remained unchanged — a greedy insurance company had cut off Stanley Ann Dunham at her moment of maximum vulnerability and cost her her life.

its the national fucking republican review .... give me a break

Is what they stated incorrect ?

Sorry to spoil your Fairy Tale.

obama clearly said she was denied through her health care plan, do to a preexisting condition, a disability claim .. there wasn't anywhere in any of Obama's speeches did he ever say she was arguing over her getting her illness being taken care of ... that's was the added little distortion by the writer ...that's the Fairy Tale that you want to believe... when the person who wrote the article has a long history of misleading and spinning their articles for the right...

From the article:

Obama says in 2008:

But........

There would be, if it had been true. But when New York Times reporter Janny Scott researched the issue for her biography of the president’s mother, she discovered letters proving beyond a doubt that CIGNA never denied Dunham coverage for her disease. The dispute was over a disability plan that would have paid some of Dunham’s other expenses.
The White House did not deny Scott’s account, but shrugged it off as something that had happened long ago. Not so long that it couldn’t be milked one last time, though, for a 2012 campaign film. In The Road We’ve Traveled, the message remained unchanged — a greedy insurance company had cut off Stanley Ann Dunham at her moment of maximum vulnerability and cost her her life.

So the point is that a dying woman still had to fight with her insurance company

their fight is over the poster article being distorted... the writer offered her opinion by saying she wasn't refuse medical help... that's what these bozos are yapping about ... the problem they have is obama never said anything about her getting medical help through her health care ... he was arguing the fact that you have to sit in bed and argue with a health care provider over policy of a preexisting condition ... they missed the whole thing because of a writer distortion of what she believed that her health care wasn't denied when she was in the hospital ... she implied that he said her health care was denied ... that's what its not about ... its about preexisting condition and nothing more ...

Libs don't care what the truth is so to them it won't be a lie. Maybe slightly for the greater good at worst. America voted stupidly.
how is this embellished... Obama said through her health care plan she was denied disability insurance because of a preexisting condition ... now tell us how is that embellished??? explain yourself

is the iceweasel froze up here ??? no brilliant statements about embellishment ... we need you to point out this so-called embellishment or is that you just show us your ignorance again

its sad that these republicans will jump on anything they can if it degrades the president ... just to justify them being right... when I see a statement I go to the source ... in their case they were duped by a right wing writers opinions

Well no.

Then you delay it.

True! But in this instance, that's not what happened.

Retell Politics: Story About Obama's Mother Gets Another Look : It's All Politics : NPR

As PolitiFact noted, Obama often used similar language to describe his mother's situation during the long debate leading up to passage of the 2010 Affordable Care Act. PolitiFact singled out this August 2009 statement during a town hall meeting in Portsmouth, N.H., as an example:

"I will never forget my own mother, as she fought cancer in her final months, having to worry about whether her insurance would refuse to pay for her treatment. And by the way, this was because the insurance company was arguing that somehow she should have known that she had cancer when she took her new job, even though it hadn't been diagnosed yet."

A New York Times story about the biography last year also said Obama's statements "left the clear impression that his mother's fight was over health benefits for medical expenses."

White House spokesman Nicholas Papas was unapologetic, standing by the past statements without challenging Scott's reporting: "We have not reviewed the letters or other material on which the author bases her account," Papas told the Times. "The president has told this story based on his recollection of events that took place more than 15 years ago."
~~~
The spokesman added:

"As Ms. Scott's account makes clear, the president's mother incurred several hundred dollars in monthly uncovered medical expenses that she was relying on insurance to pay. ... She first could not get a response from the insurance company, then was refused coverage. This personal history of the president's speaks powerfully to the impact of pre-existing condition limits on insurance protection from health care costs."

Yes, it's sad.

I felt bad for Obama when his Grandmother died just a few days before he won in 2008.
She would have been so proud to see her grandson become the President imho.

its sad that these republicans will jump on anything they can if it degrades the president ... just to justify them being right... when I see a statement I go to the source ... in their case they were duped by a right wing writers opinions

:eusa_whistle:

Source...uh-hu...

Papas told the Times. "The president has told this story based on his recollection of events that took place more than 15 years ago."
That's about the most blatant example of political spin I've ever seen. In other words, Obama isn't responsible if it lacks accuracy due to time and memory. It was only his mom, he can't remember every single detail.

Papas told the Times. "The president has told this story based on his recollection of events that took place more than 15 years ago."
That's about the most blatant example of political spin I've ever seen. In other words, Obama isn't responsible if it lacks accuracy due to time and memory. It was only his mom, he can't remember every single detail.

what's blatant example of political spin is your inability to understand what's being said and what was actually said... what''s was said by Obama about his mothers stay in the hospital was this... he was upset that she had to argue with a health care provider about policy ... he clearly said she was arguing about the preexisting clause ... something he had remove from all health care plans ... today she wouldn't have had that problem ...they claimed she was aware of her cancer ... she claimed she wasn't aware of her cancer that she got before her health care plan ... they claim she was ... that's what he was talking about in his speech, not her getting coverage for the cancer as the writer stated, which was a distortion on writers part ... coverage for disability which was part of her health care plan, that they denied you doltz... he never said for her illness

Last edited:
The president lied? OMFG !!! If he was a republican there would be a special prosecutor and a high profile investigation. But Obidpbi is a democrat. Non story.

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back