Obama's part time economy

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Obamanomics at work:eusa_eh:

Only 47% of Adults Have Full-Time Job

homeless-reuters.jpg

The release of the June Jobs' Report Friday was something of a relief for the markets. The Labor Department reported that the economy gained 195,000 jobs in June, which beat economists' expectations. The Department also reported that the economy gained 70,000 more jobs in April and May than it originally estimated. The report, however, also provides clear evidence that the the nation is splitting into two; only 47% of Americans have a full-time job and those who don't are finding it increasingly out of reach.

Of the 144 million Americans employed last month, only 116 million were working full-time. Friday's report showed that 58.7% of the civilian adult population of 245 million was working last month. Only 47% of Americans, however, had a full-time job.

Only 47% of Adults Have Full-Time Job

funny i got told how i am wrong about not having oppurtuneity an this is agree with me

i make ok money for the work i do an its fulltime so i am happy i can pay my bills and have fun but what about ppl with famly to support??? if i had 3 or 4 ppl to take care i woudl not have enoff to do so

We're becoming a third world country, like Kenya. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Should it come as any surprise that the response to employers being forced to provide health care if they have over a certain number of full time workers...would lead to full time employees being replaced by part timers? I guess it would if you had zero business experience or were incredibly naive. You want to understand the shift in employment numbers? Look no further than the Affordable Care Act.

Yup. That trainwreck is gonna cost loads fulltime of jobs.

But hey. They had to pass it before they knew what was in it. The Dems are fucking idiots.

The unemployment numbers are actually improving. Considering the fact that the present job picture was created under the Bush administration, and that his administration was losing over 500,000 jobs a month at the end, with the market in freefall, President Obama has done a damned good job of preventint the Second Great Republican Depression.

The unemployment numbers are actually improving. Considering the fact that the present job picture was created under the Bush administration, and that his administration was losing over 500,000 jobs a month at the end, with the market in freefall, President Obama has done a damned good job of preventint the Second Great Republican Depression.

that's crap this is Obama's "job picture"..He created it he owns it

It's funny that the fact that the private sector hires consultants, only NOW is becoming an issue.

This has been going on for quite some time. Corporations are avoiding hiring permanent employees because they don't want to pay for benefits.

I mean..what the heck did they think the "associate" thing with Walmart was all about?

:lol:

And your problem with this, is what, exactly?

You guys have been breaking Unions, defunding Osha, encouraging off and near shoring..

And now?

You are upset?

Seriously?

Firms have figured out how to cut labor costs.

You should be cheering this.

funny i got told how i am wrong about not having oppurtuneity an this is agree with me

i make ok money for the work i do an its fulltime so i am happy i can pay my bills and have fun but what about ppl with famly to support??? if i had 3 or 4 ppl to take care i woudl not have enoff to do so

so you delay having children until you can afford it
go to school part-time to increase your marketability
make good judgements
don't spend frivolously

you get the idea

too many people can't delay gratification

when does blaming Bush become passe

You guys have been breaking Unions, defunding Osha, encouraging off and near shoring..

And now?

You are upset?

Seriously?

No this is Obama's doing he and his stupid Obamacare his stupid regulations he's makes it harder to employ people not easier he hurts the poor, doesn't help them Gas, food, energy low full time employment he's a joke

And now?

You are upset?

Seriously?

No this is Obama's doing he and his stupid Obamacare his stupid regulations he's makes it harder to employ people not easier he hurts the poor, doesn't help them Gas, food, energy low full time employment he's a joke

No it's not.

It's the result of weak or no unions, lots of people looking for jobs due to out sourcing, and very little in the way to worker protections thanks to "right to work".

Seriously..where do you work?

I've seen this going on for 15 years in the financial industry.

Especially in IT.

And this is a bonanza, for corporations, who have figured out how to lower labor costs.

Why are you complaining?

Oh yeah..you don't like Obama.

Because if this WERE a big deal to you, you'd be mad at congress for not doing what is traditionally done to ease unemployment.

And hiring more government workers.

Instead..they've cut money for that. So they are FIRING Cops, teachers, firemen, etc..INSTEAD of hiring.

So..this is what you wanted. This is what you got.

Happy?

The unemployment numbers are actually improving.

The unemployment number for July is holding steady at 7.6%. If you're a minority, young or older than 50, the number is much worse. The unemployed age 50+ are being encouraged to claim disability instead and I receive ads (almost daily) saying that if I were to apply, I could get easily approved.

The number of long term unemployed is unchanged.

The number of people in the workforce, aka: the workforce participation rate, continues to languish.

The average family income dropped in the last four years from $54K to $50K.

The administration has held off inflation - which will be caused by their current policies - as long as possible. It is going to get rocky and the safety net most people would rely on to get by as already disintegrated because of previous economic missteps.

America deserves better than this.

Sallow wrote: "Instead..they've cut money for that. So they are FIRING Cops, teachers, firemen, etc..INSTEAD of hiring."

I am constantly mystified by how so many people think that FEDERAL taxpayer money goes to fund state and local jobs.

Sallow wrote: "Instead..they've cut money for that. So they are FIRING Cops, teachers, firemen, etc..INSTEAD of hiring."

I am constantly mystified by how so many people think that FEDERAL taxpayer money goes to fund state and local jobs.

I am constantly mystified by how so many people don't think FEDERAL taxpayer money goes to fund state and local jobs.

Here's ANOTHER newsflash for you too.

Taxpayer money goes to PRIVATE firms to fund jobs.

Shocking as that news may be.

The problem with Federal money going to fund state and local workers is that the money eventually stops. Tulsa put on ten police officers because they got a grant. And when that money stopped, which it eventually must, they had to come up with the funding. Something else had to be cut so that they could fund the cops. That is why federal funding for things like cops and fire fighters is really a mixed bag. I think the feds shouldn't be funding those type of workers. If they did and they kept doing so, imagine the unfunded mandates that come with that bag?

As for no labor unions, I simply don't get this. Texas and Oklahoma are right-to-work and our job growth is double the national average. Michigan and New York, both of which are NOT right-to-work? Below national average. There is only one or two states who are not right-to-work that have above average job growth. I know of four companies in my neck of the woods who have relocated from the west and east coast and are hiring welders, fitters, and lathe operators. Our votech schools have run out of space for new students. If we succeed, then Ruger and several other major gun manufacturers may relocate to Okalhoma as well, since they are not welcomed in Conneticut and the northeast.

The biggest killer of job growth is Obamacare. People were warned that companies would not be able to fund such a monstrosity. Now they're doing everything they can to get under the 50 employee limit. I can't blame them one bit because if I still owned my company I would do the same.

The feds do not create jobs that help in the economy. Federal employees are actually a drain on the tax base. That money could be better used...

Forum List

Back