Obama's part time economy

Companies converting full time workers to part time suggests they were over staffed to begin with.

With all due respect, Mr Clean? You're doing intellectual contortions to try to explain away the very obvious effects of ObamaCare on unemployment numbers.

Companies are reacting to the looming ObamaCare regulations by turning full time positions into part time positions so that they don't have to absorb the costs of having to pay for full time employee's health care. It has NOTHING to do with staffing levels! To even try and make that claim is ridiculous.

The truth is...if the people who wrote the ACA had thought it through before they rushed it through, they would have recognized the problem this was going to create. It's what happens when people with little to no experience with running a business attempt to pass legislation that will effect businesses.

So in other words, they've had surplus hours all along?

Or are they just converting one 40 hour worker to two 20 hour workers and absorbing the additional administrative and bookkeeping costs.

The additional administration and bookkeeping costs pale in comparison to the cost of having to provide health care insurance for full time workers, Mr Clean.

I can tell that you have no experience with running a business or you wouldn't be making silly points like this. Suffice it to say, REAL business owners are constantly looking at what their costs will be and labor costs are usually their largest cost so they watch that closer than anything else. You seem amazed by that...which tells me you're clueless when it comes to how most businesses function...just like the people who crafted the ACA.

Depends on Dems you are talking about.

legislative branch.

I would not oppose unionization if it is universal - meaning all the professions, not just some. and with severe restrictions on aristocrat status of union barons

Unemployment would be at 50%.... I as sure hell wouldnt work no more. sheesh... .....The whole nation would be the United States of Detroit...

not necessarily - somebody here posted that they have unions in TX or OK and they are supporting republicans there even and unemployment is low and jobs abundant.
Unionization is not a bad thing if done reasonably.

And I sorta agree about the Unionization thing. But with an emphasis on keeping the mob..out.

yes, the present mob as well.
Plus I would ban the donorship of union money for the political influence. Well, and all the lobbying, too.
But that is above dem-rep thing and it won't be done

Fine, then ban all corperate and business donorship. Empty K-Street. Otherwise, shut up.

you shut up, stupid rude dumbo.

legislative branch.

I would not oppose unionization if it is universal - meaning all the professions, not just some. and with severe restrictions on aristocrat status of union barons

Unemployment would be at 50%.... I as sure hell wouldnt work no more. sheesh... .....The whole nation would be the United States of Detroit...

not necessarily - somebody here posted that they have unions in TX or OK and they are supporting republicans there even and unemployment is low and jobs abundant.

Yea we have Unions in S.C. no where says you cant in RTW state, you were talking Universal FORCED unions in all profesions.

And I sorta agree about the Unionization thing. But with an emphasis on keeping the mob..out.

Plus I would ban the donorship of union money for the political influence. Well, and all the lobbying, too.

Agreed.

Money is definitely a corrupting influence on politics.

Agreed.

Money is definitely a corrupting influence on politics.

especially this administration

Yea we have Unions in S.C. no where says you cant in RTW state, you were talking Universal FORCED unions in all profesions.

don't' lie - I was not talking about anything forced. A lot of professions are being BANNED from unionization - an that is being FORCED.

Last edited:

don't' lie - I was not talking about anything forced. A lot of professions are being BANNED from unionization - an that is being FORCED.

Lmao you said it on post #52 name one Profession besides in the Federal government and in the public sector which FDR agrees with that bans Unions or colective barging? no one is banning Unions in the private sector. The public sector serves us we dont serve them...thats how Rome burned btw when ithe subjects became the servants...

Gee, Mr. Clean...did you want to take a stab at defending your comments that having a part time job is a plus for people because it allows them to pursue other things in their lives or that companies are hiring part time people instead of full time because they were overstaffed?

Or are you one of those people that make REALLY stupid comments and pretend you didn't hear the feedback you got?

Gee, Mr. Clean...did you want to take a stab at defending your comments that having a part time job is a plus for people because it allows them to pursue other things in their lives or that companies are hiring part time people instead of full time because they were overstaffed?

Or are you one of those people that make REALLY stupid comments and pretend you didn't hear the feedback you got?

I'm one of those who make comments and then sit back and laugh at how they roll around and fester for hours in that empty space between your ears

I'm one of those who make comments and then sit back and laugh at how they roll around and fester for hours in that empty space between your ears

Translation: I'm an ass-clown.

Ah, so you ARE one of those that makes REALLY stupid comments and then doesn't have a come back to any criticism of those really stupid comments?

I hate to point out the obvious here, Mr Clean...but only someone with a vacuum between their ears would come up with the notion that having a part time job is great for people because it allows them more free time to pursue other interests.

Lmao you said it on post #52 name one Profession besides in the Federal government and in the public sector which FDR agrees with that bans Unions or colective barging? no one is banning Unions in the private sector. The public sector serves us we dont serve them...thats how Rome burned btw when ithe subjects became the servants...

you have a reading comprehension disorder?
that is exactly what I've written:

where does it state it is forcing anyone to anything? or you simply do not know what union is? then read about it - nowadays government unions American style is not what union movement is about.
or you are so brainwashed that ALL you know is government unions? then educate yourself so you do not look so ... low information :lol:

you have a reading comprehension disorder?
that is exactly what I've written:

where does it state it is forcing anyone to anything? or you simply do not know what union is? then read about it - nowadays government unions American style is not what union movement is about.
or you are so brainwashed that ALL you know is government unions? then educate yourself so you do not look so ... low information :lol:

Blah Blah blah..... I am a 48 year old chicago guy who left the shit holes of a few private sector Union Jobs.. do you want me to post my resume on here? I used to travel for 10 years 90% of the time to manufacturing plastic plants across the United States. Union and Non union. Also worked trade shows..... and thats just a start....

Union workers act like their "job" they go to is supposed to be like a child day care center or a country club.. fuck them.

and I do admit I seen alot of non union plants act like a strip club or a dating service where every one is sleeping with every ones wife or girlfriend....exspecially in the South, see you can not legistrate morallity... what you want to try to do, greed is greed....human nature is human nature... btw way I know you mean well vox...~

Last edited:
btw way I know you mean well vox...~

Thanks for admitting that.
Unfortunately the very idea of unions and that is a very good idea has been so bastardized first by union leaders and mafia and then by government unions that even mentioning them almost merits stoning :D
But the problem is the wild corporatization of the work culture in the US is not serving standard everyday person any good as well.
balanced approach to both business needs and worker needs without too much political involvement would benefit everybody in the long run.

btw way I know you mean well vox...~

Thanks for admitting that.
Unfortunately the very idea of unions and that is a very good idea has been so bastardized first by union leaders and mafia and then by government unions that even mentioning them almost merits stoning :D
But the problem is the wild corporatization of the work culture in the US is not serving standard everyday person any good as well.
balanced approach to both business needs and worker needs without too much political involvement would benefit everybody in the long run.

I know it would vox,I always said I was my own Union I quit and they could cry and call me back a few times I went back but was still pissed off and quit again.

I always stood up for folks got called back to work tonight and they were pissed off at this kid who made a mistake, fixed the problem in 10 minutes told the kid all is well.. friends with the plant manager and owner.... we all make mistakes..

Forum List

Back