Obama's part time economy

Sallow wrote: "Taxpayer money goes to PRIVATE firms to fund jobs."

I'm confused as to whether or not you think this is a good or a bad policy.

Ultimately, liberal job creation philosophy leads to such a practice so, theoretically, you would consider this policy 'good'. However, the way it is presented in your post, it seems you think this policy to be 'bad'.

Taxpayer money DOES go to encourage private companies to hire the long term unemployed, the military veteran, and the disabled. With the philosophy of "let's make everyone a taxpayer", many consider the few dollars spent on such programs to be a long-term gain for the economy. Personally, with my Libertarian leanings, I would prefer that the free-market prevail. I would also like to see the tax policies that discourage private companies from hiring people to be eliminated.

Oh, I know you'll go on and on about tax subsidies, yada, yada. Can I cut you off there? I don't believe in the personal income tax and I don't believe in the corporate tax on profits. I don't support corporate tax subsidies because I don't think our givernment should be manipulating the tax code anyway. But I also think that is a discussion on another thread so I'll leave it there.

The unemployment numbers are actually improving. Considering the fact that the present job picture was created under the Bush administration, and that his administration was losing over 500,000 jobs a month at the end, with the market in freefall, President Obama has done a damned good job of preventint the Second Great Republican Depression.

I guess you could say that if you were foolish enough to think that people having to take part time jobs (which count the same as full time in the unemployment numbers you think are "improving") instead of the full time jobs they REALLY want is helping those people out of their economic doldrums.

The truth is...Obama has spent over a trillion dollars on stimulus...while the Fed printed billions of dollars in "quantitative easing"...to only slightly improve the unemployment situation. The "present job picture" has been created by President Barack Obama. He's been in office nearly five years. Blaming what's going on NOW on George W. Bush is reaching the point of farce.

Ultimately, liberal job creation philosophy leads to such a practice so, theoretically, you would consider this policy 'good'. However, the way it is presented in your post, it seems you think this policy to be 'bad'.

Taxpayer money DOES go to encourage private companies to hire the long term unemployed, the military veteran, and the disabled. With the philosophy of "let's make everyone a taxpayer", many consider the few dollars spent on such programs to be a long-term gain for the economy. Personally, with my Libertarian leanings, I would prefer that the free-market prevail. I would also like to see the tax policies that discourage private companies from hiring people to be eliminated.

Oh, I know you'll go on and on about tax subsidies, yada, yada. Can I cut you off there? I don't believe in the personal income tax and I don't believe in the corporate tax on profits. I don't support corporate tax subsidies because I don't think our givernment should be manipulating the tax code anyway. But I also think that is a discussion on another thread so I'll leave it there.

You posted something that was wrong..there Cookie.

The government gives money to states to hire state and municipal workers. And they give money to private companies.

You really should have a lesson in civics and how government budgets work.

The unemployment numbers are actually improving. Considering the fact that the present job picture was created under the Bush administration, and that his administration was losing over 500,000 jobs a month at the end, with the market in freefall, President Obama has done a damned good job of preventint the Second Great Republican Depression.

It's funny that the fact that the private sector hires consultants, only NOW is becoming an issue.

This has been going on for quite some time. Corporations are avoiding hiring permanent employees because they don't want to pay for benefits.

I mean..what the heck did they think the "associate" thing with Walmart was all about?

:lol:

Lol "asscoiate" was just a fancy term for "employee" H.R. makes that shit up, Walmart didnt even use temp services untill recently and yup its has been going on for years but folks could get hired on in 3 months now its years at some companys.

Republicans believe education is for snobs. And to suggest they get more training is an insult to hard working men and women who don't have jobs.

So they blame that on Obama. Their OTHER solution was to elect a "Pioneer of Outsourcing" as president.

Romney's company moved American jobs at Sensata to China the month of the election. Are you shocked?

No they dont they just want kids to learn how to think and not what to think and a shocker Al gore sold his stupid t.v. station before January 1st. I still want to know how Romney would have outsorced private companys? you act like the Dmv would be run from South America...and it would prolly be better. lol

And your problem with this, is what, exactly?

You guys have been breaking Unions, defunding Osha, encouraging off and near shoring..

And now?

You are upset?

Seriously?

Firms have figured out how to cut labor costs.

You should be cheering this.

No this is Obama's doing he and his stupid Obamacare his stupid regulations he's makes it harder to employ people not easier he hurts the poor, doesn't help them Gas, food, energy low full time employment he's a joke

No it's not.

It's the result of weak or no unions, lots of people looking for jobs due to out sourcing, and very little in the way to worker protections thanks to "right to work".

Seriously..where do you work?

I've seen this going on for 15 years in the financial industry.

Especially in IT.

And this is a bonanza, for corporations, who have figured out how to lower labor costs.

Why are you complaining?

Oh yeah..you don't like Obama.

Because if this WERE a big deal to you, you'd be mad at congress for not doing what is traditionally done to ease unemployment.

And hiring more government workers.

Instead..they've cut money for that. So they are FIRING Cops, teachers, firemen, etc..INSTEAD of hiring.

So..this is what you wanted. This is what you got.

Happy?

no this is what Obama wants.. get over your stupidity. it's Obama's economy he's in his fifth year and you still want to blame others you're a joke :cuckoo:

You posted something that was wrong..there Cookie.

The government gives money to states to hire state and municipal workers. And they give money to private companies.

You really should have a lesson in civics and how government budgets work.

:cuckoo: The federal government doesn't have any money...we spend more than be take in...there's you lesson for today:eusa_eh:

Republicans believe education is for snobs. And to suggest they get more training is an insult to hard working men and women who don't have jobs.

So they blame that on Obama. Their OTHER solution was to elect a "Pioneer of Outsourcing" as president.

Romney's company moved American jobs at Sensata to China the month of the election. Are you shocked?

Obama's "Jobs Czar"...Jeffrey Immelt of GE...is responsible for sending far more jobs to China than ANY of the companies that Mitt Romney once ran.

Gonna have to neg rep you for posting the same stupid posts, Deanie. I mean at some point you'd think you'd come up with something new instead of the same old drivel you're posted before.

Obama's "Jobs Czar"...Jeffrey Immelt of GE...is responsible for sending far more jobs to China than ANY of the companies that Mitt Romney once ran.

Gonna have to neg rep you for posting the same stupid posts, Deanie. I mean at some point you'd think you'd come up with something new instead of the same old drivel you're posted before.

It's all he's got.
There is worse news not mentioned. Because Congress had some inkling that companies would respond by cutting hours, they redefined "full time" to be 30 hours a week. They thought they were being clever. Instead it means that companies scale back even more. The new part time is 25 hours/week. Companies will give themselves a margin of error because to go over the limit is to invite punitive damage from government.
Companies are finding all sorts of creative ways around this. Like employee sharing. It would have been nice if they could have used some of that ingenuity to invent better products for less money. But this administration doesn't care about companies. Or their workers.

You got that right. Barry Boy doesn't give shit one.

He's got his second term and he doesn't need anyone to vote for his sorry ass again. Anyone who thinks he cares about UE, the economy or his fucking ACA, well, your living in la la land if you do.

Obamanomics at work:eusa_eh:

Only 47% of Adults Have Full-Time Job

homeless-reuters.jpg

The release of the June Jobs' Report Friday was something of a relief for the markets. The Labor Department reported that the economy gained 195,000 jobs in June, which beat economists' expectations. The Department also reported that the economy gained 70,000 more jobs in April and May than it originally estimated. The report, however, also provides clear evidence that the the nation is splitting into two; only 47% of Americans have a full-time job and those who don't are finding it increasingly out of reach.

Of the 144 million Americans employed last month, only 116 million were working full-time. Friday's report showed that 58.7% of the civilian adult population of 245 million was working last month. Only 47% of Americans, however, had a full-time job.

BigotBarf, no wonder it is a meaningless stat designed to deceive the Misinformation Voter.

Only 8.2 million of the 144 million or 5.69% are working part time who want to work full time.

But that number isn't very scary, so the deliberate deceivers include the people who only want to work part time, and people who don't want to work at all, like stay at home spouses, students over 16 years old, the disabled and retirees and then you have a bigger scarier but totally meaningless number that the gullible will swallow whole. :cuckoo:

No this is Obama's doing he and his stupid Obamacare his stupid regulations he's makes it harder to employ people not easier he hurts the poor, doesn't help them Gas, food, energy low full time employment he's a joke

No it's not.

It's the result of weak or no unions, lots of people looking for jobs due to out sourcing, and very little in the way to worker protections thanks to "right to work".

Especially in IT.

And this is a bonanza, for corporations, who have figured out how to lower labor costs.

Why are you complaining?

Because if this WERE a big deal to you, you'd be mad at congress for not doing what is traditionally done to ease unemployment.

Instead..they've cut money for that. So they are FIRING Cops, teachers, firemen, etc..INSTEAD of hiring.

Happy?

no this is what Obama wants.. get over your stupidity. it's Obama's economy he's in his fifth year and you still want to blame others you're a joke :cuckoo:

You start losing this argument when you start getting personal.

This has been the result of something that started with Reagan. Breaking down Unions, job protections and outsourcing. ObamaCare has NOTHING to do with this trend.

Almost constantly on this board people are posting charts to show the stagnant employee compensation that start during the Reagan administration. During the same time, corporate heads have increased their compensation by hundreds of times. We are now in a situation where the head of a company makes some 400xs the salary of the average employee.

When I worked at the NYSE, I noticed they were doing a lot to break the Union there. First off, they started compensating employees the same way the Union guys were compensated. And most people were like, why do we need the Union? We get the same benefits without the dues. As soon as the last Union guy left? The layoffs started. And they replaced the folks laid off with consultants that had fixed contracts. And then they started outsourcing.

That's not unique to that company.

Couple this with conservatives in congress not funding agencies like OSHA and the Labor Board..and blocking executive appointments to those departments. And states putting up "Right to Work" legislation, which, effectively gets rid of labor protections and puts every employee at the capricious whim of employers and you get the "part time" worker situation we now have.

This was VERY deliberate.

And "well done". So I really don't know why you are complaining?

The remedy to this would be two fold.

A return to Unions. A change in the tax code that would punish for outsourcing.

Neither solution is something you guys would ever support.

No it's not.

Especially in IT.

Why are you complaining?

Happy?

This has been the result of something that started with Reagan. Breaking down Unions, job protections and outsourcing. ObamaCare has NOTHING to do with this trend.

A.

You lost any credibility you might have had.

homeless-reuters.jpg

The release of the June Jobs' Report Friday was something of a relief for the markets. The Labor Department reported that the economy gained 195,000 jobs in June, which beat economists' expectations. The Department also reported that the economy gained 70,000 more jobs in April and May than it originally estimated. The report, however, also provides clear evidence that the the nation is splitting into two; only 47% of Americans have a full-time job and those who don't are finding it increasingly out of reach.

Of the 144 million Americans employed last month, only 116 million were working full-time. Friday's report showed that 58.7% of the civilian adult population of 245 million was working last month. Only 47% of Americans, however, had a full-time job.

Let's break it all down:
Adult civilian non-institutional population: 245,552,000
Do not Want a Job: 83,137,000 leaving 162,415,000 who want to work

Working Full Time: 115,998,000 (so 71.4% of everyone who wants a job is working full time)

Unemployed looking for full time work: 9,956,000
Part time for economic reasons: 8,226,000 BUT most of those, (5,193,000) do have full time jobs but hours were cut or business was slow in June). We'll count them anyway as not working full time.

So we have 115,998,000 people working full time, and 18,182,000 people who want and are able to work full time but either can't find a full time job or are (temporarily) working part time due to slow business. So that's 86.4% of those trying to work full time who did in June.

Not great, but a lot less dire than the 47% number used.

Excluded from my numbers are those who say they want to work but are not trying to.

Last edited:

A.

Dude, please.

A non jewish person using the moniker "Rabbi" and you talk about credibility?

A.

Dude, please.

A non jewish person using the moniker "Rabbi" and you talk about credibility?

Yeah, you have none. You live in LaLaLand where reality is whatever you think it is. You think Obamacare has no effect on companies' plans to hire, even though probably every CEO thinks that is a major consideration.
You think Zimmerman is guilty only because you wailed on some guy like Trayvon did so identify with him.
You got canned from your job sweeping floors for a brokerage house because you pissed in the trash cans so you blame outsourcing.
There's no end of crazy.

homeless-reuters.jpg

BigotBarf, no wonder it is a meaningless stat designed to deceive the Misinformation Voter.

Only 8.2 million of the 144 million or 5.69% are working part time who want to work full time.

But that number isn't very scary, so the deliberate deceivers include the people who only want to work part time, and people who don't want to work at all, like stay at home spouses, students over 16 years old, the disabled and retirees and then you have a bigger scarier but totally meaningless number that the gullible will swallow whole. :cuckoo:

You are such a hack moron. Try reading the BLS report and supporting tables for comprehension.

No it's not.

Especially in IT.

Why are you complaining?

Happy?

Almost constantly on this board people are posting charts to show the stagnant employee compensation that start during the Reagan administration. During the same time, corporate heads have increased their compensation by hundreds of times. We are now in a situation where the head of a company makes some 400xs the salary of the average employee.

When I worked at the NYSE, I noticed they were doing a lot to break the Union there. First off, they started compensating employees the same way the Union guys were compensated. And most people were like, why do we need the Union? We get the same benefits without the dues. As soon as the last Union guy left? The layoffs started. And they replaced the folks laid off with consultants that had fixed contracts. And then they started outsourcing.

That's not unique to that company.

Couple this with conservatives in congress not funding agencies like OSHA and the Labor Board..and blocking executive appointments to those departments. And states putting up "Right to Work" legislation, which, effectively gets rid of labor protections and puts every employee at the capricious whim of employers and you get the "part time" worker situation we now have.

This was VERY deliberate.

And "well done". So I really don't know why you are complaining?

The remedy to this would be two fold.

A return to Unions. A change in the tax code that would punish for outsourcing.

Neither solution is something you guys would ever support.

it has everything to do with this trend. and guess what, even unions can't make a difference here. companies can now avoid the added insurance penalties mandated by obamacare by turning FT workers into PT. And you think obamacare has nothing to do with it?

Forum List

Back