Obamas ripped for lavish presidential library plans, featuring ‘test kitchen’, basketball court, etc

Obamas criticized for lavish library plans, including 'test kitchen'

'In their effort to break the mold, the planners of the Obama Presidential Center in Chicago are taking heat for some less-than-lofty features in the sprawling complex.

Namely, a “test kitchen.”

Reports first surfaced last fall that the monument to the first black president’s legacy was taking on an activity-center vibe. There would be a museum – but also a basketball court, possibly a room for yoga classes, and
a test kitchen to teach visitors “about the full production cycle of nutritious food.”

Someone might want to tell Barry that we aren't talking about his own personal mansion or a combination mansion-YMCA...it's a LIBRARY....and that the American tax dollars won't be going to build this 'monument' to himself.

He left the DNC $24 Million in debt ... maybe he can find a few more suckers to fund it. :p

Lavish plans-- -- -- -- I bet! All the more to cement in people's minds that Obama was some sort of great success and leader, when in fact, all he was was a professional glib bullshitter who milked America and broke every promise he made. Here is the "Library" Obama deserves, built upon the millions of Black people swho believed in him which he did absolutely nothing for and left worse off than before, and the crumbling, decaying urban neighborhoods they are forced to live in, while the slick Mack-Daddy lives in Opulence for himself:

View attachment 170595 View attachment 170594
That's what the Obama's intend for others, not for themselves. For themselves, it's more like

caught one.......it's another social justice warrior.......who thinks speaking of fried chicken makes you a klan member

No we heard it - and so did your fellow Trumplings

41dfc8eebcfe795fc1bac01f1d3d08d7.jpg

The Obama library is being constructed entirely with donated funds, and will cost the taxpayers nothing at all.

But don't let reality get in the way of your impotent rage.

Illinois was going to pony up $100 million of their state funds but I don't know what came of that..

Illinois lawmakers squabble over funding for Obama library

Nothing came of it. That article is from 4 years ago.

I see that. Evidently the Trump Administration squashed that idea by increasing the federal requirements for a sustaining endowment. It's all up to the rich liberals now.

Obama has to come up with the money to build it but I believe the National Archives and Records Administration.does spend some federal funds for the upkeep of other Presidential libraries: $67 million in 2015.

Obama Foundation’s daunting task: Raising money for his library

Might remind the Chicago Tribune. ;)
Please, Mr. Obama, skip the test kitchen, make it a museum

The Obama library is being constructed entirely with donated funds, and will cost the taxpayers nothing at all.

Illinois was going to pony up $100 million of their state funds but I don't know what came of that..

I see that. Evidently the Trump Administration squashed that idea by increasing the federal requirements for a sustaining endowment. It's all up to the rich liberals now.

Obama has to come up with the money to build it but I believe the National Archives and Records Administration.does spend some federal funds for the upkeep of other Presidential libraries: $67 million in 2015.

Obama's library will not be part of the NARA network, and will not be kept up by any taxpayer funds.

So Barry has decided not to have any of his actual papers or documents available in hard copy. Everything will be digital.
- That will make it easier to control what people actually get to look at...and bleachbit anything they deem needs to be 'accidently lost' or to 'seal' anything they don't want seen - like his scholastic records - later.

:p

No Obama documents in Obama library? Historians puzzled by Chicago center plans

'The Obama Foundation is taking an unconventional approach to the presidential center and library being planned in Chicago. It's opting to host a digital archive of President Barack Obama's records, but not keep his hard-copy manuscripts and letters and other documents onsite.

That means no thumbing through the ex-president's correspondence on the health care fight or first drafts of his State of the Union addresses.

The decision has historians scratching their heads.

“All archivists are waiting to see how this will work, because we are all struggling with how to make things available digitally,” Peggy Glowacki, a manuscripts librarian at the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago, told the Chicago Tribune.'

If it isn't tax payer funded, I don't care. And as horrible a president as he was...Obama is the first black president....so chicken frying and basketball courts seem appropriate for his library.

:lol:

Did you hallucinate something in that article that I'm not seeing? Nothing it in contradicts anything I've said.

Obama's library will not be part of the NARA network, and will not be kept up by any taxpayer funds.

Now I am confused. Isn't NARA funded by the federal government?

"PLEASE CONTACT BOTH YOUR U.S. SENATORS and ask them to add $22 million to NARA's budget over the House recommendation -- this figure includes $2 million needed to repair the Main Archives building that just this week suffered flood damage; funds to make up the $12 million shortfall reflected in the President's proposed budget; and funds to restore an additional $8 million cut recently agreed to by the House of Representatives."

Historians call on congress to save NARA's funding

Now I am confused. Isn't NARA funded by the federal government?

"PLEASE CONTACT BOTH YOUR U.S. SENATORS and ask them to add $22 million to NARA's budget over the House recommendation -- this figure includes $2 million needed to repair the Main Archives building that just this week suffered flood damage; funds to make up the $12 million shortfall reflected in the President's proposed budget; and funds to restore an additional $8 million cut recently agreed to by the House of Representatives."

Historians call on congress to save NARA's funding

NARA is part of the Federal Government. But Obama's library will not be part of NARA.

Presidential Libraries Are a Scam. Could Obama Change That?

*Edit to add: You sure seem to like "old news" about this - that link is 11 years old. Are you having a hard time finding more recent, relevant articles?

Google is working just fine for me - did you perhaps change the settings to only search for old articles?

You stated it as though no one has room to question it.I showed you others have also questioned it.
Your right, they don’t but that doesn’t stop it.

:lol:

Did you hallucinate something in that article that I'm not seeing? Nothing it in contradicts anything I've said.

Forum List

Back