OBOMINATION: Gas Price Record Worsens: 1,245 Days Above $3 a Gallon...

Failitician must be in competition with ShitInMySpeedos for stupidest threads.

Presidents don't have an influence on gas prices, dumbass.

Yeah you guys say that but when Bush was office they blamed him for gas prices ALL the time .. Including those in Washington AND!!! INCLUDING OBAMA

Bullshit.

POTUSes don't control gas prices. They never have. Politicians who try to float that turd are floating a turd. Romney tried that in the last election and got properly flushed. John McCain tried to float a related myth-turd in '08 about the "drill here drill now" myth and he got flushed too.

I'm more amused at Failitician's pattern here -- make a claim, get called on it and run away. It's like clockwork.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course presidents - even real ones - don't directly affect gas prices!

This one merely plumped for the printing of trillions of make-believe dollars that has only just begun to raise the price of all goods and devalue savings people may have accumulated. The sooner to make them dependent on government handouts so they'll vote to keep the butter a-spreading.

Failitician must be in competition with ShitInMySpeedos for stupidest threads.

Presidents don't have an influence on gas prices, dumbass.

Yeah you guys say that but when Bush was office they blamed him for gas prices ALL the time .. Including those in Washington AND!!! INCLUDING OBAMA

So your position is that it was wrong to blame Bush for gas prices but it's right to blame Obama for gas prices.

That is comically retarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gas prices are where they are because you the consumer are willing to pay those prices.

Why would prices be lowered if the sellers can get what they're charging now?

You want $1 gasoline? :lol:

Much as I hate Obama he's got nothing to do with gas $

Sent from my ass using USMessageBoard.com

No just reasonable gasoline. And his administration is claiming we are about to become the largest oil and natural gas producer in the world. So yes, If he is making the claim he does have something to do with it.

Yes and no......Market forces are far more influential. However, the sitting president's energy policy is significant as well.
And this president's energy policy is adversarial to fossil fuels.

Oh horse shit. Domestic oil production is at a peak. Wtf is wrong with you? Can't you read?

Maybe Obama should nationalize the oil industry. Would you support that idea?

Gas prices are where they are because you the consumer are willing to pay those prices.

Read that part a few times you stupid fucking rethugs.

Why would an oil company sell their product for less than the market will bear? Especially when the market is rewarding the oil companies with record or near record profits.

There is not a republican on here smart enough to figure that out. It just feels so good to blame Obama they can't help themselves.

Repubs like to claim they are the party that understands how business works. LMAO. Repub idiots about business is what we have on here.

"Sell me gasoline for less cause I want you to." That's what passes for Repubs business strategy.

Why would an oil company sell their product for less than the market will bear? Especially when the market is rewarding the oil companies with record or near record profits.

There is not a republican on here smart enough to figure that out. It just feels so good to blame Obama they can't help themselves.

Repubs like to claim they are the party that understands how business works. LMAO. Repub idiots about business is what we have on here.

"Sell me gasoline for less cause I want you to." That's what passes for Repubs business strategy.

I am a Conservative. I don't stand with the abuses of the Stock Markets that used Shadow Trading to drive these prices through the roof. Until 2000, they were regulated after that they were SELF REGULATED in the OTC'S Market places.

This allowed the banks to Trade Commodities to the next Universe. Causing higher prices on virtually everything on the Globe. Which led to the crash of 2008.

The Feds then allowed a BAIL OUT FROM HELL to cover the Markets, which included 16.1 TRILLION to those that crashed the economy at the Feds discount window. It was never about TARP.

Thus propping up an inflated Market with FIAT CURRENCY. In doing so they brought back the higher prices to keep the system afloat.

They then used QE's to sustain it. The cost now at 4 TRILLION DOLLARS. Add in the 16.1 TRILLION from the Federal Reserve and TARP we have put 21 TRILLION DOLLARS INTO THE SYSTEM.

The OTC's of the crash were propped back up. Nothing more and nothing less and many of the prices went back up as a result. And the economy still sucks if you look at the Job Participation Rate from the Labor Dept...........

One quick point. For all my life Diesel was only a 10 cent difference on cost. Now it is much higher than regular gasoline costs. Does anyone else see this as price manipulation.

BTW. I work at a Refinery. Hell I just installed a Diesel Analyzer system there. For all the Diesel coming out of the refinery........The cost or way of making the product HASN'T CHANGED. So why now is it that it costs WAY MORE than in the past.

This to me is MARKET RIGGING................And it CAN'T BE DONE WITHOUT the GOV'T ALLOWING IT............But of course the Dodd Frank Bill was supposed to stop this RIGHT......................

It appears that the FIAT CURRENCY EATING MONSTER HAS RETURNED..........

Gas prices are set by the market WITHOUT correlation of sales and supply. Monopoly.

I am a Conservative. I don't stand with the abuses of the Stock Markets that used Shadow Trading to drive these prices through the roof. Until 2000, they were regulated after that they were SELF REGULATED in the OTC'S Market places.

This allowed the banks to Trade Commodities to the next Universe. Causing higher prices on virtually everything on the Globe. Which led to the crash of 2008.

The Feds then allowed a BAIL OUT FROM HELL to cover the Markets, which included 16.1 TRILLION to those that crashed the economy at the Feds discount window. It was never about TARP.

Thus propping up an inflated Market with FIAT CURRENCY. In doing so they brought back the higher prices to keep the system afloat.

They then used QE's to sustain it. The cost now at 4 TRILLION DOLLARS. Add in the 16.1 TRILLION from the Federal Reserve and TARP we have put 21 TRILLION DOLLARS INTO THE SYSTEM.

The OTC's of the crash were propped back up. Nothing more and nothing less and many of the prices went back up as a result. And the economy still sucks if you look at the Job Participation Rate from the Labor Dept...........

One quick point. For all my life Diesel was only a 10 cent difference on cost. Now it is much higher than regular gasoline costs. Does anyone else see this as price manipulation.

BTW. I work at a Refinery. Hell I just installed a Diesel Analyzer system there. For all the Diesel coming out of the refinery........The cost or way of making the product HASN'T CHANGED. So why now is it that it costs WAY MORE than in the past.

This to me is MARKET RIGGING................And it CAN'T BE DONE WITHOUT the GOV'T ALLOWING IT............But of course the Dodd Frank Bill was supposed to stop this RIGHT......................

Perhaps you need to read

Meltdown 2008 Timeline

If you fully understand what and how it happened, you won't be a conservative anymore.

http://www.levin.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/supporting/2006/PSI.gasandoilspec.062606.pdf

Over the past six years crude oil, gasoline, and natural gas prices have risen significantly.
Crude oil has risen from a range of $25-$30 per barrel in 2000, to a range of $60-$75 per barrel
in 2006. High crude oil prices are a major reason for the record or near-record highs of the
prices of a variety of petroleum products, including gasoline, heating oil, diesel fuel, and jet fuel.
The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline has jumped from $1.46 per gallon in
2000 to $2.36 per gallon over the past 12 months, with peaks at $3.14 per gallon in September
2005, and $2.93 per gallon in May 2006. Rising crude oil prices have helped push up natural gas
prices as well: the price of natural gas has risen from $2-$3 per million BTU (British Thermal
Unit) in 2000 to a typical range of $6-$8 per million BTU during the past year.

Read more..........The hedgers in Futures artificially drove up the prices.............

Perhaps you need to read

Meltdown 2008 Timeline

If you fully understand what and how it happened, you won't be a conservative anymore.

I know a lot more than you think about it. I've posted many articles on this issue. I've attacked both parties over the issue as both ABETTED in the Crime.............

The Commodities Futures Modernization ACT in 2000 allowed the system to go completely Self Governed by the Bankers and Wall Street. They went hog wild, and raised the prices of everything. Increases in Agriculture trading went up 2300% alone.

The OTC's went postal and the rest is history.

Now we've propped up the whole thing with Fiat Money re-inflating the bubble that will burst again.

Food & Gas Prices are soaring. So tell me again how the Dear Leader is saving the World?

Memorial Day weekend drivers will continue to take a hit as gasoline prices remain high.

May 20 marks the 1,245th straight day that the national average for a gallon of regular gasoline costs more than $3 a gallon, according to AAA data. That's nearly three-and-a-half years above $3 a gallon.

USA Today reported last September that, for the first time ever, gas prices had been higher than $3 a gallon for 1,000 consecutive days - beginning Dec. 23, 2010, through Sept. 17, 2013. Unfortunately, that awful record streak of sustained highs has not been broken. Gas prices dipped in the fall, down to $3.179 (Nov. 12), but surged again.

The national average on May 20, 2014, for regular gas was $3.642 a gallon, slightly less than the $3.653 a gallon average one year earlier.

On May 18, USA Today turned to the issue of gas prices again writing that "rumors about the demise of U.S. gasoline demand have been greatly exaggerated." Javier E. David of CNBC wrote for USA Today that international factors were keeping prices high and "defied the gravitational pull" of factors "that should blunt demand."

AAA's Memorial Day forecast predicted 31.8 million people will be driving over the holiday and that gas prices will be "relatively similar" to where they were Memorial Day 2013.

ABC, CBS and NBC morning and evening news shows haven't spent much time on gas prices, lately. A Nexis search yielded only 11 stories mentioning what was going on with gas prices in the past three months.

Gas Price Record Worsens: 1,245 Days above $3 a Gallon | CNS News
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Stuff it, Paul.

Apparently you missed the hundreds of memos: It's not the President's fault if gas prices go up.

Of course you totally failed to give him credit when prices dropped, so maybe you did get the memos but like being dishonest and spreading brainless propaganda.

BTW, gas prices ALWAYS increase around holidays. Supply and demand or something like that.

Perhaps you need to read

Meltdown 2008 Timeline

I know a lot more than you think about it. I've posted many articles on this issue. I've attacked both parties over the issue as both ABETTED in the Crime.............

The Commodities Futures Modernization ACT in 2000 allowed the system to go completely Self Governed by the Bankers and Wall Street. They went hog wild, and raised the prices of everything. Increases in Agriculture trading went up 2300% alone.

Now we've propped up the whole thing with Fiat Money re-inflating the bubble that will burst again.

So Federal regulators under Bush failed to do their job. We already knew that.

With the exception of the oil guys, EVERY merger passed by the SEC under Bush failed.

Food & Gas Prices are soaring. So tell me again how the Dear Leader is saving the World?

Memorial Day weekend drivers will continue to take a hit as gasoline prices remain high.

May 20 marks the 1,245th straight day that the national average for a gallon of regular gasoline costs more than $3 a gallon, according to AAA data. That's nearly three-and-a-half years above $3 a gallon.

USA Today reported last September that, for the first time ever, gas prices had been higher than $3 a gallon for 1,000 consecutive days - beginning Dec. 23, 2010, through Sept. 17, 2013. Unfortunately, that awful record streak of sustained highs has not been broken. Gas prices dipped in the fall, down to $3.179 (Nov. 12), but surged again.

The national average on May 20, 2014, for regular gas was $3.642 a gallon, slightly less than the $3.653 a gallon average one year earlier.

On May 18, USA Today turned to the issue of gas prices again writing that "rumors about the demise of U.S. gasoline demand have been greatly exaggerated." Javier E. David of CNBC wrote for USA Today that international factors were keeping prices high and "defied the gravitational pull" of factors "that should blunt demand."

AAA's Memorial Day forecast predicted 31.8 million people will be driving over the holiday and that gas prices will be "relatively similar" to where they were Memorial Day 2013.

ABC, CBS and NBC morning and evening news shows haven't spent much time on gas prices, lately. A Nexis search yielded only 11 stories mentioning what was going on with gas prices in the past three months.

DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Stuff it, Paul.

Apparently you missed the hundreds of memos: It's not the President's fault if gas prices go up.

Of course you totally failed to give him credit when prices dropped, so maybe you did get the memos but like being dishonest and spreading brainless propaganda.

BTW, gas prices ALWAYS increase around holidays. Supply and demand or something like that.

The supply is a glut, or it's more like greed. Regulation is the answer.

Perhaps you need to read

Meltdown 2008 Timeline

With the exception of the oil guys, EVERY merger passed by the SEC under Bush failed.

The Regulators didn't have a job anymore as they were taken out of the loop. Pushed by both parties, more so by Republicans, and signed by Clinton................

These areas of the Too Big to Fail were to be self Regulated and the OTC's went postal.

All parties are involved. They knew damn well what was happening and ignored the consequences...............

And now, they have propped the rigged system back up to only see it fail in the not so distant future...........

Gramm's wife was given a job at Enron as a reward to create that loop hole........And commodity Futures Trading increased by over 2000% in some areas............

No just reasonable gasoline. And his administration is claiming we are about to become the largest oil and natural gas producer in the world. So yes, If he is making the claim he does have something to do with it.

Making such a claim doesn't mean Obama had a hand in that phenomenon- which he didn't.

And keep in mind that Obama, his administration, and a host of Democrats are pushing hard for at least $40 billion in new taxes on oil and natural gas. No, if he had his way O&G would be dead and buried just like he's doing to coal.

The Regulators didn't have a job anymore as they were taken out of the loop. Pushed by both parties, more so by Republicans, and signed by Clinton................

These areas of the Too Big to Fail were to be self Regulated and the OTC's went postal.

All parties are involved. They knew damn well what was happening and ignored the consequences...............

And now, they have propped the rigged system back up to only see it fail in the not so distant future...........

Gramm's wife was given a job at Enron as a reward to create that loop hole........And commodity Futures Trading increased by over 2000% in some areas............

That's absolutely correct, shepherded by Phil Gramm literally in the dead of night and signed into law by Bull Clinton in December 2000, while everybody's attention was diverted by hanging chads in Florida -- the sleight of hand artists doing what sleight of hand artists do, telling us "look over there" while they pick the public pocket.

And still we pretend these are two different parties...

DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Stuff it, Paul.

Yup, i'm sure you said that when yer BOOOOOSH Boogeyman was in there. Sure ya did. ;)

Forum List

Back