Official 2010 Baseball Thread

The Dodgers will show tonight why Lincecum should go back to the minors. They will knock him out by the second inning. Go Blue! We have a chance because Zander got sent back down again.
The Dodgers made a good move in aquiring Podsednik a couple o' days back. A solid 300 hitter who can steal bases and play all 3 positions in the outfield. Although they did have to give up one of the top catching prospects in the major leagues, it was a good move.

I love it when people write the Dodgers off. Particularly Giants fans. It always seems to explode in their faces. Just ask Wry catcher. I've been dealing with him for a couple ' years now. Everytime he writes the Dodgers off, the Giants tank. He wrote the Dodgers off two days ago. Look for the Giants to start heading for the cellar now......LOL!

Loose lips sink ships!:lol:

Aw, the Giants can be bad, though, to the Dodgers. Not this time! Lincecum is going to be Linceabum tonight!!

Tigers are a joke. This seasons over. They need offense. Some of it's bad luck (injuries to Ordonez/Guillen/Inge) but their catching, SS, and 2nd baseman haven't cut it at the plate all season. Before they got Peralta their line-up was essentially the best hitter in the game surrounded by minor leaguers. Now it's the best hitter in the game surrounded by an average hitter and the rest minor leaguers.

They aren't going to be shutting out every team.

Last edited:
Yankees acquire Lance Berman apparently. i don't understand the move personally. Why do we need another firstbasemen/DH?

I would have liked to see some more bull pen help

I would've rather had Haren than Oswalt.

But we got Oswalt CHEAP. We only pick up 13 mil of what he's owed thru 2011, which is a good price for him at this point in his career. And we aren't forced to exercise his 2012 option. We get him for a year and a half at an average of 8.5 per year. That's friggin GREAT for a pitcher who still has the best curve ball in the business and a mid 90's fast ball.

Not to mention, we only really lost Happ. The 2 minor league prospects we gave up were not named Drabek or Brown.

Putting Berkman in the two hole as a DH and backup first baseman and right fielder is brilliant. Jeter, Berkman, Rodriquez, Texiera, Cano, Posada, etc. Where does the opposing pitcher hide? He can't hide in the dugout or the bullpen forever. These are great moves for the Yanks.

The yanks better do SOMETHING to combat the Rangers, cause they gonna be gettin they ASSES handed to em in the playoffs.

And San Fran will win the west. That fat ass Heath Bell will be SD's downfall.

the reason i dont like the move is because if we were gonna get another bat I would have preferred a righty, not another lefty

Berkman is a switch hitter with more power from the left and a higher average from the right side. He can play first, left and right fields. He looked uncomfortable last night and went 0 for 4. It will take a week or so for him to find his niche. Why? He is the Big Puma in Houston, and in NYC he is one of many super starts all who have earned their cred there. Give him time, and he will be fine.

I digress about Heath Bell, while Brad Lidge is currently doing everything he can to ruin our pennant chase.

'Dem bums in blue are feelin pretty great right now after gettin swept by Los Gigantes in San Francisco. Man it feels good to repay. Finally Matt Cain beats the bums.

More than 50 games left but you have to feeling good, Truthspeaker. Enjoy it, for it won't last long, and if we don't catch the Padres, what we feel won't matter.

the reason i dont like the move is because if we were gonna get another bat I would have preferred a righty, not another lefty

Spoiled ass Yankee fan. The guy hits bombs and especially in a park built for lefties you should be elated.

If the Giants could have just one of those big bats, we'd run and hide with the pennant.

No, you wouldn't, Truthspeaker. Your Giants are cursed. If all they had to do to win the pennant was to step on the field the last day, the team bus on the way to the stadium would fall in the Bay.

No, you wouldn't, Truthspeaker. Your Giants are cursed. If all they had to do to win the pennant was to step on the field the last day, the team bus on the way to the stadium would fall in the Bay.

Oh I think we would. Look at the numbers last month. This is the month the Giants finally started scoring runs. They averaged 5.5 runs a game and we won 17 of 22 games. Add another bat(or wake Pablo Sandoval up) and we might have matched The A's winning streak from 2002.

We could get destroyed in the Bronx this weekend.

This year has been so full of suck.

We could get destroyed in the Bronx this weekend.

This year has been so full of suck.

or we could sweep and be right back in it. I remember guys in my carpool in 2004 after game 3 of the alcs complaining about the damned yankees and about how the bosox had done it again.... gotten our hopes up only to piss it all away. don't ever give up hope.... I think the team has great character.

Forum List

Back