Official 2010 Baseball Thread

Yeah, man. I HATED that signing but I'm wicked happy I was wrong. He's much more productive at Fenway than at Safeco plus he's raking to the tune of .366/.390/.598 on the road. Sick! Him and Youk have been by far the most consistent hitters in our line up. I don't know what the deal is with all his defensive miscues so far ... it would really blow if that carries over, or heaven forbid gets worse in the postseason.

Gotta wonder if he's on something though ....

I doubt he's on anything. Look at HR totals around the league right now. No one even has 20 yet. The league leaders are on pace to hit maybe 40 hr. And the pitching is really great, with like 5 guys under 2 era, and a bunch in the low 2's. I'd say the bat speeds aren't what they used to be. Guys seem like they're cycled off the juice/prohormones these days. Too much to risk anymore. Too many eyes are on them.

I'm POSITIVE he was juiced during his runner-up MVP year though.

Btw, those pics are cool. How was it seeing and hearing the fans' reaction to Manny live?

It was an indifferent reaction where I was ... the EMC club tix are super high end but the peasants booed him every AB. Personally, I wish they had gotten it all out of their systems this weekend but sure enough the usual jackasses over at WEEI were out bashing Manny again yesterday. The Boston media and the Red Sox organization are the ones most responsible at this point for the fans' ire towards Manny. The hammer the guy whenever they get the chance but but they all knew he was a headcase when they signed him and without him it's unlikely we win those two titles.

Awesome pics Art, you must of been real happy about Pedey's walkoff hit.

Yeah, man. I HATED that signing but I'm wicked happy I was wrong. He's much more productive at Fenway than at Safeco plus he's raking to the tune of .366/.390/.598 on the road. Sick! Him and Youk have been by far the most consistent hitters in our line up. I don't know what the deal is with all his defensive miscues so far ... it would really blow if that carries over, or heaven forbid gets worse in the postseason.

Gotta wonder if he's on something though ....

I doubt he's on anything. Look at HR totals around the league right now. No one even has 20 yet. The league leaders are on pace to hit maybe 40 hr. And the pitching is really great, with like 5 guys under 2 era, and a bunch in the low 2's. I'd say the bat speeds aren't what they used to be. Guys seem like they're cycled off the juice/prohormones these days. Too much to risk anymore. Too many eyes are on them.

I'm POSITIVE he was juiced during his runner-up MVP year though.

Btw, those pics are cool. How was it seeing and hearing the fans' reaction to Manny live?

It was an indifferent reaction where I was ... the EMC club tix are super high end but the peasants booed him every AB. Personally, I wish they had gotten it all out of their systems this weekend but sure enough the usual jackasses over at WEEI were out bashing Manny again yesterday. The Boston media and the Red Sox organization are the ones most responsible at this point for the fans' ire towards Manny. The hammer the guy whenever they get the chance but but they all knew he was a headcase when they signed him and without him it's unlikely we win those two titles.

It's funny becuase in Philly it doesn't even take media egging fans on to elicit that kind of reaction. We've been booing JD Drew now for like 10 years :lol:

Same with Scott Rolen, too.

We only boo the guys who left like assholes. When someone like Thome or Burrell comes to town, they're treated like family.

When I say we I don't mean me though. I personally don't go to games to boo people.

As far as Manny and the titles go, fans ought to realize that and just chill out. Every damn one of you knows you'd do it all over again if you had the chance, if it meant getting the first one in 2003.

Last edited:
I'd probably be way more pissed off at Damon than Manny. Manny left under different circumstances, and also didn't sell his soul to the 'devil' for a few extra bucks after a historic world series championship season like Damon did.

I'd probably be way more pissed off at Damon than Manny. Manny left under different circumstances, and also didn't sell his soul to the 'devil' for a few extra bucks after a historic world series championship season like Damon did.

Exactly.

Damon remains on the shit list.

And 2003 was hellacious ... Grady Little ... Aaron effing Boone.

We won it all in 2004.

When I'm messing up on my favorite extra curricular thing in the entire world, something's definitely not right.

I got a week off from work the week of july 5, which coincidentally is also my birthday week.

I'm taking some time away from here, and the real world, and rebooting :lol:

Later.

When I'm messing up on my favorite extra curricular thing in the entire world, something's definitely not right.

I got a week off from work the week of july 5, which coincidentally is also my birthday week.

I'm taking some time away from here, and the real world, and rebooting :lol:

Later.

We all need to reboot once in awhile.

ept_sports_mlb_experts-196445263-1277880555.jpg

If a triple is baseball's most exciting play, then Denard Span was, by the power of three, the most exciting player in the major leagues Tuesday night.

The speedy Span hit three triples, tying a modern major league record, and drove in five runs to help push the Minnesota Twins back into first place in the AL Central with an 11-4 victory against the Detroit Tigers.

Three triples! He totally cubed them!
Twins trifecta: Denard Span hits three triples, ties record - Big League Stew - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

Video here!

It looks like the Twins are hungry for Cliff Lee. He makes their team instantly a lot better.

Meanwhile, we're missing like half our team and somehow a game out of first.

What they're hungry for is consistency....From anyone.

Even money that this afternoon's game will either be a Detroit blowout or a 1-run game that could go either way.

Cliff Lee is freakin' zen, man. I bet his presence has a positive effect on Baker and would do wonders in taking some pressure off Liriano and whatever other scrubs you guys got in your rotation :razz:

Jim Thome is one of the last of a dying breed of class acts in baseball.

Forum List

Back