Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

New York and New Jersey still lead the country.

What a pair of fuck ups.

Remove New York and New Jersey and we STILL have twice as many cases as the country with the next most cases. Pair of fuck-ups? How about these two?

View attachment 323443
First of all we can't trust China and Russia's numbers...second dems in NYC and SF were telling people not to worry about it because it was just like the flu....in just the few days that the dems and media were downplaying this thousands of infections were happening.....third we are a huge nation compared to most other nations except China...forth we travel more than other nations....so if you are going to count dead bodies in this case go back and count the bodies of Obama's pandemic and Bush's....lets be fair and open....and turn the gas lighter off....people die in pandemics and pointing your bony finger of indignation in one direction is foolhardy.....

False comparison. "Dems", whatever that means, are not the office that gets the intelligence briefings that flagged the pandemic in at least early January if not last November.
So what?...if they were uninformed it was irresponsible for them to do that...they may have been responsible for thousands of infections and dead in their respective cities....why can't you see that?....are you blind?....

It's not the job of those without access to intelligence briefings to not take action on non-events they don't know about.
Are you suggesting that Pelosi is not privileged to intelligence briefings?....Please dude give it up.....she and democrats in NYC were telling people to not worry...I think they wanted it to spread....

Umma needa link on that one.
I've linked to that twice now for you...not going to do it again...you look it up....

Good information
I suspect the virus is spread not by just coughing. Remember the choir where 45 people became infected from choir practices plus a lot of cases have no identifiable contact.

There could be a lot of good things come out this epidemic. If the social distancing and the other common sense health precautions such as hand washing, avoiding handshaking, and reduction in hand touching of the face becomes a habit with many people, it could have a dramatic impact on the flu, pneumonia, digestive infections, the common cold, etc.. and that would have dramatic impact on the cost of healthcare and worker productivity. In fact there are a number of good things that could come out all this. Maybe I should start thread about it.

Coughing and sneezing probably spreads it the furthest from an infected person. Mainly, it is spread via the mouth. I'm not going to be able to give a look of death to someone.

What's troublesome if it's like HIV and we can't just eradicate it with a vaccine. We only have drugs and it's not a sure thing like hydroxychloroquine.
We were very close to developing a vaccine for a coronavirus years ago but with the threat of SARS disappearing so did the money for developing a vaccine.

HIV poses unique challenges to vaccine development which we hope will not be the case with this coronavirus.

In general terms, all vaccines work the same way: they prime the immune system to recognize and attack a particular pathogen if it shows up in the body in the future. This can be done in a variety of ways: you can generate a vaccine by inactivating the pathogen (as in the injected polio vaccine) or weakening it (as in the measles vaccine), by using only part of it (pertussis), or by combining it with something else that helps it provoke an immune response (pneumococcal vaccine). Whichever method is used, the vaccine primes the immune system to respond quickly to the pathogen if it enters the body in the future.

HIV challenges the standard vaccine approaches first and foremost because, unlike diseases such as measles and chickenpox, no one naturally recovers from infection with HIV. If a person is infected with measles and survives, the immune response to the infection will usually be sufficient to prevent future infection with the measles. Researchers can use this naturally derived immunity as a model for the level of protection a successful vaccine should provide. This is why researchers are so anxious to confirm that that coronaviurs victims have a natural immunity. If so, we can expect a vaccine but it could be years away. Assuming a natural immunity occurs with coronavirus recovery then with each outbreak the number infected will go down due to natural immunity which is good but it also reduces the incentive to develop a vaccine.

If there is no natural immunity with this coronavirus, then we will have to depend on new antiviral treatments as is the case with HIV.

Oh yes he did,
Wrong he called the coverage a hoax...not the virus...while he was closing down travel the democrats were trying to impeach him....look it up...
Don't need to, I already know. He called it the "Democrats' new hoax". Here's the paradox --- you just got done saying "the Dems", again whatever that blanket term means, were playing down the danger of the virus -- and that's when Rump was calling what they were doing a 'hoax". He did that at one of his pep rallies btw. So, are you trying to sell us that he was saying the "hoax" was them playing it down (still waiting for that link) and therefore he's saying it was much more serious? If so, why wasn't he acting on it? What the fuck was he doing holding a rally?

Can't have it both ways.

EDIT --- speaking of which, urine luck. Somebody just quoted another post elsewhere which has this handy-dandy timeline.

trump-reddit-coronavirus-statements.png

Last edited:
New York and New Jersey still lead the country.

What a pair of fuck ups.

Remove New York and New Jersey and we STILL have twice as many cases as the country with the next most cases. Pair of fuck-ups? How about these two?

View attachment 323443
First of all we can't trust China and Russia's numbers...second dems in NYC and SF were telling people not to worry about it because it was just like the flu....in just the few days that the dems and media were downplaying this thousands of infections were happening.....third we are a huge nation compared to most other nations except China...forth we travel more than other nations....so if you are going to count dead bodies in this case go back and count the bodies of Obama's pandemic and Bush's....lets be fair and open....and turn the gas lighter off....people die in pandemics and pointing your bony finger of indignation in one direction is foolhardy.....

False comparison. "Dems", whatever that means, are not the office that gets the intelligence briefings that flagged the pandemic in at least early January if not last November.
So what?...if they were uninformed it was irresponsible for them to do that...they may have been responsible for thousands of infections and dead in their respective cities....why can't you see that?....are you blind?....

It's not the job of those without access to intelligence briefings to not take action on non-events they don't know about.
Are you suggesting that Pelosi is not privileged to intelligence briefings?....Please dude give it up.....she and democrats in NYC were telling people to not worry...I think they wanted it to spread....

Umma needa link on that one.
I've linked to that twice now for you...not going to do it again...you look it up....

You've linked no such thing.

Wuhan China has effected the entire planet. South Dakota is a lot closer to New York than Wuhan China. This is a virus, it does not know borders. It just looks for human hosts. One person can infect hundreds of people. As long as there are humans in South Dakota, South Dakota's policies can effect the rest of the country and the world.
South Dakota:
They seem to be doing OK.

Everyone is doing ok until the pathogen spreads like wildfire through your community. If South Dakota makes it out of this relatively unscathed, it will be thanks to over 90% of the country that went on lockdown. South Dakota's failure to follow suit undermines are strategy to defeat the pathogen. Essentially, South Dakota is giving aid and comfort to the ENEMY which is this Pathogen.

Oh yes he did,
Wrong he called the coverage a hoax...not the virus...while he was closing down travel the democrats were trying to impeach him....look it up...
Don't need to, I already know. He called it the "Democrats' new hoax". Here's the paradox --- you just got done saying "the Dems", again whatever that blanket term means, were playing down the danger of the virus -- and that's when Rump was calling what they were doing a 'hoax". He did that at one of his pep rallies btw. So, are you trying to sell us that he was saying the "hoax" was them playing it down (still waiting for that link) and therefore he's saying it was much more serious? If so, why wasn't he acting on it? What the fuck was he doing holding a rally?

Can't have it both ways.

EDIT --- speaking of which, urine luck. Somebody just quoted another post elsewhere which has this handy-dandy timeline.

This should be reposted often.

Oh yes he did,

Can't have it both ways.

This should be reposted often.
Thank you for proving me correct..."and this is THEIR new hoax" meaning the media and their coverage of the virus and his actions....

We were very close to developing a vaccine for a coronavirus years ago but with the threat of SARS disappearing so did the money for developing a vaccine.

Interesting that big pharma won't chip in $3 M to continue what they were working on. No rights probably.

Also, strange that the body doesn't produce antibodies against HIV.

I think what's difficult about COVID-19 is that the antibodies are what end up killing you. I heard what the body produces to combat COVID-19 is what causes you to start spiraling downwards towards ARDS. It is an overreaction to the cells dying from COVID-19. Early on, I heard that it left a sticky substance on your lungs if you had trouble breathing; I think this would be an underlying condition if you recover and get it again quickly. I haven't heard this recently though, so don't know how true it was.

Trump called the overreaction a hoax and notthe virus so stop discrediting yourselves with lies.

The lib mantra from now thru election will be “He reacted too slow” they will Bang this Drum heavily as from this point forward things will improve and Lordy me we can’t talk about that. The liberal attempts to smear and discredit will be as always rooted in the past with no effort on solutions to progress forward

Oh yes he did,

Can't have it both ways.

Trump called the overreaction a hoax and notthe virus so stop discrediting yourselves with lies.

The lib mantra from now thru election will be “He reacted too slow” they will Bang this Drum heavily as from this point forward things will improve and Lordy me we can’t talk about that. The liberal attempts to smear and discredit will be as always rooted in the past with no effort on solutions to progress forward

Interesting that left never actually quoted Trump's exact words, but their interpretation and spin on it.

Every time they were asked to post it, they never did it, and just run away. Fuckers.

Louisiana has over 1,000 deaths now. 129 deaths there today. Not a good day for them.

Without COVID-19, Louisiana would probably have 125 deaths today.
And today (so far), they have an additional 129 due to coronavirus. What's your point?

Only way to verify it is to compare deaths from previous years to this year. Can you provide the data?
That's irrelevant as it doesn't factor in population size or causes of death.

Whatever the number of deaths there are without coronavirus, today alone, that number is 129 higher because of coronavirus. And the day isn't over yet. Still not getting your point?

You are saying there are 129 additional deaths. How do you say it's additional if you can't say what is normal death number?

What's a "normal death number"?
Great minds...

Idiots too...
Screeches the moron groaning about "normal death numbers." :lol:

Did people stop dying from anything else but corona virus?
If it is your claim that no more people are dying than usual, grow a pair and state it. Stop begging others to help you make your point. State it, and we will scrutinize it for you (since clearly you are too lazy to look anything up for yourself).

Where have I said no more people are dying than usual.

I asked what is the usual (normal) death rate, and you're avoiding to answer every time.

Your claim is that additional 129 people died. What would be number of deaths without deaths the corona virus?
You'll have to find that number if Louisiana even posts daily number of deaths within their state.

Louisiana has over 1,000 deaths now. 129 deaths there today. Not a good day for them.

And today (so far), they have an additional 129 due to coronavirus. What's your point?

Only way to verify it is to compare deaths from previous years to this year. Can you provide the data?

Whatever the number of deaths there are without coronavirus, today alone, that number is 129 higher because of coronavirus. And the day isn't over yet. Still not getting your point?

You are saying there are 129 additional deaths. How do you say it's additional if you can't say what is normal death number?

What do you think it is? Did people stop dying from anything else but corona virus?

How the fuck am I supposed to know what your made-up terms are? Death numbers obviously aren't static.

No, people didn't stop dying from anything else but coronavirus. So the 129 deaths are additional as has already been explained to you.

Additional to what?

To previous corona virus deaths?
To overall number of deaths (non corona related)?

I asked you, how many people would die in Louisiana if there was no corona virus?
Dayum, are you ever fucking retarded. :eusa_duh:

... in addition to the people who die today in Louisiana from causes other than from coronavirus. Seriously, how difficult was that for you that you couldn't understand it??

face-palm-gif.278959

What do you think it is? Did people stop dying from anything else but corona virus?

How the fuck am I supposed to know what your made-up terms are? Death numbers obviously aren't static.

No, people didn't stop dying from anything else but coronavirus. So the 129 deaths are additional as has already been explained to you.

Additional to what?

I asked you, how many people would die in Louisiana if there was no corona virus?

Probably about 129 less deaths today.

So if normally 100 people die, we would have 129 less death today? Bravo.

Uhh...129 less than 100 doesn't make sense in that context, genius.

So, give me a number that makes sense.

How many people died on average per day or month without COVID?

I don't know. You can look it up if you want. Those numbers obviously vary from day to day and month to month, which is what I have been explaining to you. There is no "normal death number". You can take an average daily death amount, and then do what exactly with that?

Additional to what?

So if normally 100 people die, we would have 129 less death today, if there is no corona virus? Bravo.
Conservatives really suck at math.

If "normally," 100 people die today if there was no coronavirus -- 100 people die today.

But we do have coronavirus, so 229 would die today.

Savvy?

So far 2,216 deaths today. Worst day by 200. Not good.

New cases is only at 23,700. Hopefully that doesn't get much higher.

Additional to what?

So if normally 100 people die, we would have 129 less death today? Bravo.

Uhh...129 less than 100 doesn't make sense in that context, genius.

So, give me a number that makes sense.

How many people died on average per day or month without COVID?
Why should anyone give you anything to make your argument? It's your argument, I suggest you hunt for it yourself and then come back and try it out when you're done.

Forum List

Back