OFFICIAL Put Your SOTU Comments HERE Thread

She just bitch slapped him haha. He found his match thr fat orange bully.
I don't know how you think that was a win for Pelosi. It may have felt good to you, but she looks bad.
BTW, he doesn't need her invitation to be there and give a speech. oops.

yes, he does.

and he needs McConnell to agree with him being there
no actually he doesn't. it's in the constitution for him to request a meeting at the capital.
I have a copy of the Constitution right here....which Article and section?

Dear Mr. President:

When I extended an invitation on January 3rd for you to deliver the State of the Union address, it was on the mutually agreed upon date, January 29th. At that time, there was no thought that the government would still be shut down.

In my further correspondence of January 16th, I said we should work together to find a mutually agreeable date when government has re-opened and I hope that we can still do that.

I am writing to inform you that the House of Representatives will not consider a concurrent resolution authorizing the President’s State of the Union address in the House Chamber until government has opened.

Again, I look forward to welcoming you to the House on a mutually agreeable date for this address when government has been opened.

Sincerely,

Nancy Pelosi

I don't know how you think that was a win for Pelosi. It may have felt good to you, but she looks bad.

yes, he does.

no actually he doesn't. it's in the constitution for him to request a meeting at the capital.

and he needs an ok from the House and the Senate to make his speech there.

Dont' know where you're getting your info. but even Fox knows better

Why should they fund the wall when Mexico's going to pay for it?
Mexico is paying for it. the treasury takes in their payments. Trump needs the bill to get the money for what they paid for.

This has been reported again and again but leftwing idiots are unable to comprehend.
Well then, you'll be able to give us a figure of how much we have gotten from Mexico so far.

Hold on let me call Obama...he says Americans will save on average $2,500 a month, oh wait that doesn't sound right :eusa_think:
Look! >>>>> Over there! >>>>> It's Former President Obama! View attachment 241706
AHHHHHHHHH!

There needs to be a way to infect computers with virus so that pic just randomly pops up and then disappears every couple of hours. Drug sales will spike.

I disagree....however, I would have let him have the chamber and invited a random mix of furloughed federal workers as my guests..........and Elder Phillips.
See. Even your dumb ass can think of better ways to handle this situation.
:laughing0301:

(I keeed, I keeed...-Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog)

yes, he does.

"The president cannot speak in front of a joint session of Congress without both chambers' explicit permission. A resolution needs to be approved by both chambers specifying the date and time for receiving an address from the president."

Pelosi denies Trump access to House for State of the Union

Lots of respect for the office, just not for the fool that occupies it right now.

I see, if your guy doesn't win then you pout and throw tantrums got it.
ummmmm, the gop just got hammered ... by a majority of voters.

The GOP gained seats in the Senate and lying Dem's had to pretend to be Trump supporters to get elected in swing House districts.

And cheat. Don't forget that part.

Oh I rubbed the left's nose in their 'ballot harvesting' cheating a couple posts later.
Of course you did, sweetie......of course you did. :itsok:

yes, he does.

I have a copy of the Constitution right here....which Article and section?
https://psmag.com/news/can-pelosi-stop-trump-from-entering-congress

"The rules of the 116th Congress are yet to be read (for past Congresses, they've been read in late January), but the 115th Congress' rules explained that the Speaker was unable to entertain any motions that would strike down the clause allowing the president to have access to the Hall of the House. This would make Pelosi powerless to stop Trump from entering the floor.

this one.

I think we would all agree that Obama was the biggest piece of shit President this country ever had. A disaster for the country and as first class asshole.

All the Republicans in the House and Senate knew that, however, they did not disrespect the Office of the President by not allowing him to have a SOTU address even thought it must have made them sick to listen to his lies and hatred.

yes, he does.

"The president cannot speak in front of a joint session of Congress without both chambers' explicit permission. A resolution needs to be approved by both chambers specifying the date and time for receiving an address from the president."

Pelosi denies Trump access to House for State of the Union

"The rules of the 116th Congress are yet to be read (for past Congresses, they've been read in late January), but the 115th Congress' rules explained that the Speaker was unable to entertain any motions that would strike down the clause allowing the president to have access to the Hall of the House. This would make Pelosi powerless to stop Trump from entering the floor."

Good for her.

Good for her?

She just handed President Trump a 2020 re-election and the GOP a Super Majority in 2020.

She us about to go down in History as a monumental failure just like Obama.

She's a classless slaver, who got rich off of the backs of taxpayers for doing literally nothing.

I see, if your guy doesn't win then you pout and throw tantrums got it.
ummmmm, the gop just got hammered ... by a majority of voters.

The GOP gained seats in the Senate and lying Dem's had to pretend to be Trump supporters to get elected in swing House districts.

And cheat. Don't forget that part.

Oh I rubbed the left's nose in their 'ballot harvesting' cheating a couple posts later.
Of course you did, sweetie......of course you did. :itsok:

The left will be utterly obliterated, sorry.

He can speak from the Oval Office; you know the critters will be watching.
HEY! I just thought of something FANTASTIC!!!!!
The absolutely most aggravating part of the SOTU is the clapping every time the Pres ends a sentence. If he's not presenting this in the Chambers, we can listen to the SOTU without 45 minutes of applause.

AWESOME SAUCE!

I dunno OL, if he gives the speech on the floor of the US Senate, I wouldn't be surprised if the Repubs there will enthusiastically support everything he says that they like, which is probably most if not all of it. Or he can do the speech elsewhere, with a larger and much louder audience.

I think if this goes down like it is now where Pelosi closes the House to him and so he gives the speech elsewhere to a national audience, this is not going to play well in Peoria and everywhere else outside of the deep blue states and districts. I would not be surprised to see public opinion shift against the Dem if they stick to this approach.

Added: I ain't all that happy about the loud applause and roars of approval either.
I dunno OL, if he gives the speech on the floor of the US Senate, I wouldn't be surprised if the Repubs there will enthusiastically support everything he says that they like, which is probably most if not all of it. Or he can do the speech elsewhere, with a larger and much louder audience.

I think if this goes down like it is now where Pelosi closes the House to him and so he gives the speech elsewhere to a national audience, this is not going to play well in Peoria and everywhere else outside of the deep blue states and districts. I would not be surprised to see public opinion shift against the Dem if they stick to this approach.

Added: I ain't all that happy about the loud applause and roars of approval either.
It is petty vindictiveness on Pelosi's part and it was his petty vindictive payback to cancel her flight on Congressional business.
They're both acting like pissed off lunatics.

Agreed, but come on Trump canceling their taxpayer funded vacation was kind of funny.
So was telling him he couldn't give the SOTU in her House. What a bitch.

Its not her house, or the Dem's house, its the peoples house and the people elected Trump POTUS on the promise to secure the border. Pelosi doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Apparently there is some tradition that she has to invite him to speak there.
I wonder if anyone ever has done this before.

Issued the invite, or rescinded it after it was issued? Because it's not just a tradition; anyone who wants to speak in the House chamber has to be invited to do so by the Speaker, one way or another.

Trump should go anyway...if Nancy and the dems don't show.....the nation will be witness to their childlike attitude.....
There has to be a concurrent resolution in order for a joint session of Congress to convene.

Pelosi can simply prevent such a resolution from ever coming up for a vote.

No concurrent resolution, no joint session. No joint session, Trump will be talking to himself in the dark.

He could talk in the Senate and if the dems don't show, that proves how they can't govern. 2020 should be a walk-over...
Listening to tru
Your comment was a fake comment.

That the best you can come up with?

That's weak!
You’re the one with the loony kooky theory that the letter is fake. Is that the best you can come up with?

It wasn't a theory, It was an opinion. And yes it was my best opinion about the fake looking letter at the time.
Oh, he’s flip-flopping. now the letter is suddenly real in his eyes. Did you put on your glasses?

HAHAHA.

So now honesty is "flip flopping".

At the the time of me writing my first opinion it looked fake. My opinion about it looking fake, has not changed.

I forgot that I need to put things in the simplest of terms or it will confound and confuse you on the left.

I need to treat you like I would my five year old grandchild when I explain things.
You parrots have been programmed to have a go-to response of "FAKE NEWS!"

Sad.

I thought Trump had the power to assemble both houses.

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States."

Dear Mr. President:
When I extended an invitation on January 3rd for you to deliver the State of the Union address, it was on the mutually agreed upon date, January 29th. At that time, there was no thought that the government would still be shut down.

In my further correspondence of January 16th, I said we should work together to find a mutually agreeable date when government has re-opened and I hope that we can still do that.

I am writing to inform you that the House of Representatives will not consider a concurrent resolution authorizing the President’s State of the Union address in the House Chamber until government has opened.

Again, I look forward to welcoming you to the House on a mutually agreeable date for this address when government has been opened.

Sincerely,

Nancy Pelosi
Pelosi, the botox bitch is getting desperate to stay relevant. ... :lol: :lol:

Good for her.

Good for her?

She just handed President Trump a 2020 re-election and the GOP a Super Majority in 2020.

She us about to go down in History as a monumental failure just like Obama.

She's a classless slaver, who got rich off of the backs of taxpayers for doing literally nothing.

LOL! DOn't hold your breath, Sparky.
She's winning.
And Trump got rich off the backs of taxpayers, too, by filing bankruptcy six fucking times.

See ya, Bozo.:finger3:

I thought Trump had the power to assemble both houses.

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States."
And there is this as well.

"The President has the power, under Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution, to call a special session of the Congress during the current adjournment, in which the Congress now stands adjourned until January 2, 1948, unless in the meantime the President pro tempore of the Senate, the Speaker, and the majority leaders of both Houses jointly notify the members of both houses to reassemble. October 17, 1947"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back