Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Unvote

Sorry guys, I hate to waffle but I've been reading through all of MeBelle's posts and I'm starting to think maybe she's telling the truth and she just sucks at this game, no offense MeBelle. ;)

Unvote

Sorry guys, I hate to waffle but I've been reading through all of MeBelle's posts and I'm starting to think maybe she's telling the truth and she just sucks at this game, no offense MeBelle. ;)

Can you point to a few posts that lead you to feel this way?

Welcome TN!

Unvote

Welcome TN!

The only glaring posts are the one Aye already posted and the one where she actually outs herself. The rest is more of a general tone I'm picking up on the re-read I wasn't really getting the first time around. But even more important than that, if she is lying, I would have expected the real doctor to come forward by now. It would be the smart play at this point in the game since it would get her lynched for sure and that would be worth the doctor outing themselves... if it's not her.

I'm afraid we all might be getting tunnel vision on certain people, both those we think are scum and thouse we think are town.

Maybe we should all try something radical here. Take the one player that you think is more likely town and reverse that thought. Now go back through the thread and read that player's posts as if you were suspicious of them. Do the posts still make you think town or do you now see things you didn't see before?

^^^^^ already did that. :)

I also read the thread backwards, read posts by members using the search, and a couple other things.

Unvote

Welcome TN!

The only glaring posts are the one Aye already posted and the one where she actually outs herself. The rest is more of a general tone I'm picking up on the re-read I wasn't really getting the first time around. But even more important than that, if she is lying, I would have expected the real doctor to come forward by now. It would be the smart play at this point in the game since it would get her lynched for sure and that would be worth the doctor outing themselves... if it's not her.
I though about the real Doc coming forward. Why would they, if she is lying and about to be lynched?

When she did finally out herself she did not hint who she saved post 1545

She also, only hinted who she was. Grandma was wise enough not to challenge her knowing full well it had to be the Doc. We all figured it out at grandma's lynching. Who is to say if Grandma was the Doc she wouldn't now be claiming to be the jail keeper? Grandma suspected her and only switched when sameech, for whatever reason, decided to save her....much like Aye has now decided to do. For the life of me I cannot wrap my head around their game play.

When Mebelle did come forward she was in no danger. She later claimed she put herself in harms way . M'ok, so why now fight for your life? Why do it in the first place? If its because she sucks at the game, I'm still willing to take her down at this point, besides being town what good is an exposed Doctor?

And...why protect SB every night? Why claim SB can somehow back it up? Just as Grandma knew...she can't prove it. Only scum can prove if sB was even targeted. That's way other hints are necessary.

Ayes post defending her doesn't sway me.

Unvote

Me, offended by you...:eusa_hand:

I'm new at this. This game is wicked long.

You're just slow, porkchop.

so mani who do you think we should lynch next.....wolf or mertex or someone else?

Go ahead and vote for me SB, you already screwed us over with your "big hunch" that Sameech was Scum.....and when Wake posts that I'm a Vanilla Townie, they can then realize that your hunches are nothing but a pile of BS.

someone has to go and it is a block for ma or you.....i just dont get the mafia vib from ma....
as for lynching sammie....i sure the hell was not the only one thinking he needed to go

i was solid on avatar and rosie.....sorry i fucked up on sam...but you go on mertex who do you think should be voted out...who is mafia to you

I'd still rather take my chances with MeBelle. Consider the possibilities...

A) MeBelle is the town doctor: If this is the case, then she f*cked us hard by effectively rendering her power worthless, and for what, to stroke her own ego. That's almost worth a trip to the gallows regardless. And let's not forget it could just as easily be Grandma we have to thank for two nights without a kill.
Yep

B) The sameech hypothesis - MeBelle is a vanilla townie and she's trying to divert the NK or mafia role block toward her. If true, that would actually be a pretty shrewd and selfless play on her part. Unfortunately, I just have much too hard a time believing this. My gut just says no eff'n way.
Yep.

Plus, she chickened out if she was being selfless
C) MeBelle is mafia and she was attempting to flush
out the real PR's and/or provide herself some PR townie "cover" to keep her from the gallows. If this is true and we lynch her today, we pretty much have the game wrapped up. We'd have the numbers to role reveal and triangulate on the last remaining mafia long before s/he can take us all out.

Yep

we had two night without a kill for a reason...unfortunately we do not know the reason but it has to be the roleblocker, the jailer or the doctor who prevents night kills...so grandma's death is on their hands.....the mafia's not the voters....

now we know the jailer is dead (grandma) are we gonna tempt fates by lynching someone claiming to be the town doctor...there is no way of ma proving this or not...she has replied to all the questions...and like everything else in this game..it simply causes more questions to arise....

mani take the lead...i was wrong on sam and that releases you to vote for me at your will....go for it....who do you want out at this point?

townies need to keep the players who can prevent night kills.....

i just dont know that i would take that chance...i think ma is telling the truth....

so mani who do you think we should lynch next.....wolf or mertex or someone else?

Go ahead and vote for me SB, you already screwed us over with your "big hunch" that Sameech was Scum.....and when Wake posts that I'm a Vanilla Townie, they can then realize that your hunches are nothing but a pile of BS.

Wasn't everything you said about Rosie being town BS too? You are the one that went full rogue on town from the get-go. You've accused me, bones, and wolf time after time of being scum. You kept telling me I'd be next just about every time I rebuffed your accusations. If I recall correctly, you told that to wolf as well at least once. Many of your posts have screamed out 'scum' to me. When called out on some of it, you'd immediately switch gears and tone down your responses.

scum knows who scum is.......townies have no advantage in this game....it is hard core guessing for the first few lynching...we havent gotten much info from the kills either....

i still dont see why yall are jumping on mabelle....or aye..i just dont get the scum feeling from either one..and remember grandma was not killed by us but by the mafia

Why do you think scum went after a guess instead of the Doc?

If the bodyguard was killed, we could assume he/she was protecting Mebelle. But since that wasn't what happened, it seems clear the bodyguard also does not believe her. He/she protected someone else

And having outed herself as the Doc PR, didnt she actually try to put the bodyguard in harms way?

She was not in danger of being lynched. Why do you think it makes sense for her to announce her PR?

Now she asks for bodyguard protection and wants the cop to expose him/herself. That makes sense to you?

She was not my first vote, others convinced me. But now she is my solid vote

Sameech wanted out, maybe she does too.

we had two night without a kill for a reason...unfortunately we do not know the reason but it has to be the roleblocker, the jailer or the doctor who prevents night kills...so grandma's death is on their hands.....the mafia's not the voters....

now we know the jailer is dead (grandma) are we gonna tempt fates by lynching someone claiming to be the town doctor...there is no way of ma proving this or not...she has replied to all the questions...and like everything else in this game..it simply causes more questions to arise....

mani take the lead...i was wrong on sam and that releases you to vote for me at your will....go for it....who do you want out at this point?

I really don't know bones.

I'm not exactly feeling like Columbo right now after I got so fixated on MeBelle that I failed to see the glaringly obvious evidence staring me in the face that exonerates her. And having come within inches of leading the charge to lynch the town doctor makes me think I need to take a step back and rethink everybody. I still think MeBelle deserves a good eSlap for outing herself, but it doesn't do the town any good to lynch her out of spite.

Forum List

Back