Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

scum knows who scum is.......townies have no advantage in this game....it is hard core guessing for the first few lynching...we havent gotten much info from the kills either....

i still dont see why yall are jumping on mabelle....or aye..i just dont get the scum feeling from either one..and remember grandma was not killed by us but by the mafia

Why do you think scum went after a guess instead of the Doc?

If the bodyguard was killed, we could assume he/she was protecting Mebelle. But since that wasn't what happened, it seems clear the bodyguard also does not believe her. He/she protected someone else

And having outed herself as the Doc PR, didnt she actually try to put the bodyguard in harms way?

She was not in danger of being lynched. Why do you think it makes sense for her to announce her PR?

Now she asks for bodyguard protection and wants the cop to expose him/herself. That makes sense to you?

She was not my first vote, others convinced me. But now she is my solid vote

Sameech wanted out, maybe she does too.

and just how do you know scum went after a guess? that's something townies wouldn't have info on.

scum knows who scum is.......townies have no advantage in this game....it is hard core guessing for the first few lynching...we havent gotten much info from the kills either....

i still dont see why yall are jumping on mabelle....or aye..i just dont get the scum feeling from either one..and remember grandma was not killed by us but by the mafia

If the bodyguard was killed, we could assume he/she was protecting Mebelle. But since that wasn't what happened, it seems clear the bodyguard also does not believe her. He/she protected someone else

And having outed herself as the Doc PR, didnt she actually try to put the bodyguard in harms way?

She was not in danger of being lynched. Why do you think it makes sense for her to announce her PR?

Now she asks for bodyguard protection and wants the cop to expose him/herself. That makes sense to you?

Yes, she f*cked us good and proper by outing herself merely to toot her own horn, but if she was lying we would have definitely heard from the real doctor by now.

Yes, she f*cked us good and proper by outing herself merely to toot her own horn, but if she was lying we would have definitely heard from the real doctor by now.

Why? She was close to being lynched. Why, if she is lying, should the real Doc make him/herself an open target since it appeared she was going to be punished. Would you?

Now since some are waffling, why would the Doc come out in the open? What purpose would it serve?

And if she is just VT, would you come out of hiding to save her skin and risk your own? Risk your talents?

Finally, if she is the Doc, she may have gotten Grandma killed and is looking to get the bodyguard or another VT killed for her protection. What good is she any longer?

Mafia has two heads to our 8 chickens without a head. It's a risk I'm willing to take.

and just how do you know scum went after a guess? that's something townies wouldn't have info on.

Because Mabelle threw herself at them and they tossed her back. It's not rocket science to assume they want to off our PR. Knowing Grandma was town is a givin, guessing she was a PR was their luck.

Grandma was after Mebelle, sameech was a tool that aided the mafia. That night they went after Grandma...a big threat to Mebelle, not the "Doc".

Why? She was close to being lynched. Why, if she is lying, should the real Doc make him/herself an open target since it appeared she was going to be punished. Would you?

Now since some are waffling, why would the Doc come out in the open? What purpose would it serve?

And if she is just VT, would you come out of hiding to save her skin and risk your own? Risk your talents?

Finally, if she is the Doc, she may have gotten Grandma killed and is looking to get the bodyguard or another VT killed for her protection. What good is she any longer?

Mafia has two heads to our 8 chickens without a head. It's a risk I'm willing to take.

Before the hit on Grandma it didn't make sense for the real doctor to step forward, because at that time nobody could be sure whether MeBelle was claiming to be the doctor or the jailkeeper. But now that the jailkeeper has been taken out of the equation, it makes absolutely zero sense for the real doctor not to step forward if MeBelle is lying. With 8 townies and 2 mafia, it would be great for the town to get two players both claiming to be a particular PR because we'd know for certain that one of them is lying scum. So the best case scenario is we guess right and then it's most likely 7-1 going into day 5. Worst case scenario is we guess wrong and it's 6-2 going into day 5, which would last all of about 5 minutes, and then it would be 5-1 going into day 6. Looking at those numbers, the smart play would be for the real doc to step forward if MeBelle is lying.

Before the hit on Grandma it didn't make sense for the real doctor to step forward, because at that time nobody could be sure whether MeBelle was claiming to be the doctor or the jailkeeper. But now that the jailkeeper has been taken out of the equation, it makes absolutely zero sense for the real doctor not to step forward if MeBelle is lying. With 8 townies and 2 mafia, it would be great for the town to get two players both claiming to be a particular PR because we'd know for certain that one of them is lying scum. So the best case scenario is we guess right and then it's most likely 7-1 going into day 5. Worst case scenario is we guess wrong and it's 6-2 going into day 5, which would last all of about 5 minutes, and then it would be 5-1 going into day 6. Looking at those numbers, the smart play would be for the real doc to step forward if MeBelle is lying.

You could be right. But I don't agree with you.

You were pretty certain yesterday Mebelle was lying scum. Today you want to have to have a pick?

Grandma said:
If the cop has the name of the scum roleblocker, then then yes, he/she (see what I did there?) should out him/herself. The doctor, jailer, and bodyguard need to keep quiet for now.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/9215318-post1688.html

I still agree, Mebelle thanked this post but clearly did not agree.

i was solid on avatar and rosie.....sorry i fucked up on sam...but you go on mertex who do you think should be voted out...who is mafia to you

Yes you were (solid on avatar/rosie) but you kept telling us you had a "big hunch" that Sameech was scum, and because you were right before, some of us followed suit. But, your comment about me or Wolf is totally not on target....just sayin....

I will say that I never suspected Sameech of being scum. The only reason I changed my vote from where it was before is because he wanted out really bad. Why he didn't just pm Wake and ask to be replaced is beyond me, but it is what it is. He wasn't doing much at all to help town.

so mani who do you think we should lynch next.....wolf or mertex or someone else?

Go ahead and vote for me SB, you already screwed us over with your "big hunch" that Sameech was Scum.....and when Wake posts that I'm a Vanilla Townie, they can then realize that your hunches are nothing but a pile of BS.

Wasn't everything you said about Rosie being town BS too?
Yes, it was....but that doesn't mean I'm Scum. I'm not even suggesting that SB is scum. Just pointing out that her hunches aren't any different than any of our hunches. She was right on Avi/Rosie and wrong on Sameech. And her suggestion that me or Wolf are scum is at least 1/2 wrong, because I know I'm not, and I'm thinking Wolf isn't either.

You are the one that went full rogue on town from the get-go. You've accused me, bones, and wolf time after time of being scum.
Yes, I did, because you three seemed to be agreeing on everything. And, SB made a couple of comments that made her suspicious, not just to me but to others. And, I already have mentioned several times that when Rosie was lynched, it cleared you three of any suspicion. That's why I'm not suggesting that either of you three are Scum. If you are, you are playing well.

You kept telling me I'd be next just about every time I rebuffed your accusations. If I recall correctly, you told that to wolf as well at least once. Many of your posts have screamed out 'scum' to me. When called out on some of it, you'd immediately switch gears and tone down your responses.
Sure I did, because you were coming on strong at me just like you are now. And all that doesn't prove that I'm scum....

Mertex, I have to admit that the post you put up is the best you've done yet.

Who do you think is scum now?

I will say that I never suspected Sameech of being scum. The only reason I changed my vote from where it was before is because he wanted out really bad. Why he didn't just pm Wake and ask to be replaced is beyond me, but it is what it is. He wasn't doing much at all to help town.

Because he really didn't want out. He was frustrated because we all misunderstood his comments and his true intentions and there were many voting for him.

I know how he feels, when you have several thinking that you are scum, and you try and try to convince them that you are not, but they keep insisting that you are, it makes you want to just up and quit.

I won't quit....but it is frustrating when someone points the finger at you and you know they are just going to be disappointed when they find out you were truly Town.

Because he really didn't want out. He was frustrated because we all misunderstood his comments and his true intentions and there were many voting for him.

I know how he feels, when you have several thinking that you are scum, and you try and try to convince them that you are not, but they keep insisting that you are, it makes you want to just up and quit.

I won't quit....but it is frustrating when someone points the finger at you and you know they are just going to be disappointed when they find out you were truly Town.

I think he did once it was clear he wasnt getting through to us. Teamwork is what he kept pushing, but we were too noobish to follow. He knew we were kindercare after all :lol:

Man, I definitely don't know which way to go. It seems that Sameech was trying to hint that all three mafia scum are women with a couple of his comments. That is at least the impression I got. But then again, he claimed Rosie was the doctor and she ended up being scum. So how credible is anything else he said? :dunno:

One of the reasons I've been thinking Mertex was scum is she's playing more aggressively this game. But she also explains her reasoning on her votes and suspicions which is very town-like behavior.

Wolfsister has never tripped my scum radar. Likewise neither has Manifold. So if either one turns out to be scum, they are playing a great game.

I'm just not seeing the doc connection with Mebelle. I've been trying to re-assess everything to ensure I'm not tunneling on her. But I'm still not seeing it.

SB, why are you so certain that Mebelle isn't scum? Can you point to some posts?

I have no idea. I'd hate it if it turned out that MeBelle is Town, but she hasn't done much to convince me she is. I thought she and dblack might be the two Scum left, but now that dblack is gone, I'm thinking he was not Scum. I'm working on the voting patterns of all players, but it is taking time, I will try and post it later. But here is MeBelle's.

MeBelle: On day 1 voted for Mani, but by count 1.5 she unvoted and remained not voting until Vote count 1.14 (when she switched to Rosie)....but on count 1.15 she was the hammer vote on Avatar.

On Day 2 she was no vote on day count 2.1, but then on 2.2 she switched to me and continued to vote for me, did not participate in the Rosie lynch.

On Day 3 She also didn't vote until Vote count 3.4 when she voted for Sameech.

Now on Day 4, she has not voted. Her voting patter sure does not clear her of being scum.

alright Mertex, I'll give you a chance to come up with more.

In the meantime:

UNVOTE

VOTE: Wolfsister

I have no idea. I'd hate it if it turned out that MeBelle is Town, but she hasn't done much to convince me she is.
On Day 3 She also didn't vote until Vote count 3.4 when she voted for Sameech.

Now on Day 4, she has not voted. Her voting patter sure does not clear her of being scum.

She did, but why? There were still others that could have cast votes. He went to the gallows defending her. He even went so far as telling us he thought she was VT, trying to free her the PR threat by the mafia. Since he was not mafia, he had no idea.

So why did she turn on him? What made her so convinced defending her was scummy?

No I volunteered to die for town, not mebelle.

Cool! Then vote for yourself.

Vote: sammich

I will not vote for MeBelle when her posts have so far come across to me as being town. She's given hints to her role, even though many of you have yet to pick up on them. She's flat out told everyone she is the doctor, yet many of you still question that. Noone else has claimed to be the dr because there is only one in this game.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...ame-2-enter-the-godfather-26.html#post9136142

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...me-2-enter-the-godfather-105.html#post9211671

Forum List

Back