Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

i can waffle with the best of them.......

go for it mertex

and i am still waiting to hear from mani

I’ve whittled it down to Mertex or R.D.

My previous reads list was for shit. Going through the MeBelle near-lynching actually helps the town tremendously. Not only did we avoid lynching a townie, we learned a lot from it if we do a post-mortem.

First of all, I believe that the “real doctor would reveal him/herself by now” argument is truly rock solid and those still clinging to her guilt shoot to the top of my suspect list. And furthermore, I think both scum are sitting right there in the list of voters that had MeBelle at L1 for so long. Surely if there were any scum left to vote, they would have hammered that sucker and been rid of the doc. There was more than enough time to come in, ask for agreement, yadda yadda cover yourself, and then drop the hammer without suspicion.

So this gets me down to Mertex, R.D., Wolf and Shaitra.

If I cross this list with the list of people who voted for Avatar and didn’t vote for Rosie, it drops down to Mertex and R.D.

go for it mertex

My previous reads list was for shit. Going through the MeBelle near-lynching actually helps the town tremendously. Not only did we avoid lynching a townie, we learned a lot from it if we do a post-mortem.

First of all, I believe that the “real doctor would reveal him/herself by now” argument is truly rock solid and those still clinging to her guilt shoot to the top of my suspect list. And furthermore, I think both scum are sitting right there in the list of voters that had MeBelle at L1 for so long. Surely if there were any scum left to vote, they would have hammered that sucker and been rid of the doc. There was more than enough time to come in, ask for agreement, yadda yadda cover yourself, and then drop the hammer without suspicion.

If I cross this list with the list of people who voted for Avatar and didn’t vote for Rosie, it drops down to Mertex and R.D.

I have suspected both Mertex and R.D. at some point in time in this game.

Vote: Mertex

alright Mertex, I'll give you a chance to come up with more.

In the meantime:

UNVOTE

VOTE: Wolfsister

OK, Aye, I'm willing to consider that Mertex is the doctor. Could you explain why Wolfsister is your vote?

I thought it was time to stir things up a bit. I don't want someone else voting for another person just because of something I say. My vote will change again if Mertex doesn't come up with more info.

Man, I definitely don't know which way to go. It seems that Sameech was trying to hint that all three mafia scum are women with a couple of his comments. That is at least the impression I got. But then again, he claimed Rosie was the doctor and she ended up being scum. So how credible is anything else he said? :dunno:

One of the reasons I've been thinking Mertex was scum is she's playing more aggressively this game. But she also explains her reasoning on her votes and suspicions which is very town-like behavior.

Wolfsister has never tripped my scum radar. Likewise neither has Manifold. So if either one turns out to be scum, they are playing a great game.

I'm just not seeing the doc connection with Mebelle. I've been trying to re-assess everything to ensure I'm not tunneling on her. But I'm still not seeing it.

SB, why are you so certain that Mebelle isn't scum? Can you point to some posts?

Look to see who is avidly trying to figure out Scum. Luissa, Mebelle, dblack/(TN), and SB, haven't offered much by way of trying to figure it out. Why? Scum knows who townies are, so they are not going to waste time reading the posts. I had discounted SB because of her strong Rosie hunch, but what if the vote was just because she doesn't like Rosie? She was hot after Sameech, and now she's trying to protect MeBelle. She totally didn't read one of my posts, why would a Townie discount any post?

Go back and see who isn't trying to figure it out.....see if I missed anyone that hasn't been offering up suggestions. If you can offer one up player that is way stronger than Mebelle, I'd be willing to change my vote again.

Think about the only things that we Townies have to rely on. Comments, help/participation, votes.

alright Mertex, I'll give you a chance to come up with more.

In the meantime:

UNVOTE

VOTE: Wolfsister

OK, Aye, I'm willing to consider that Mertex is the doctor. Could you explain why Wolfsister is your vote?

I'm not the doctor. I'm just plain vanilla Townie, don't get sidetracked.

Wolfsister's voting pattern didn't set off any red flags....her arguing with Rosie couldn't have been "strategy" - Rosie accused her of cheating, remember? ACSY, SB and Wolf were voting together and lynched Rosie. I won't accept that it was all strategy, none of them strike me as being that good Mafia players to come up with that. That's why I have discounted ACSY and Wolfsister. I'm not too sure now about SB.

go for it mertex

Oh, Mani, you were right there on the list of those voting for MeBelle from the start on Day 4, in case you forgot to mention that. And, you really haven't been offering any ideas or help on identifying Scum, so you appear just as guilty as the rest of us.

And, she voted for you on Day 1 and didn't change her vote until Count 1.5 when she didn't vote and then at the end just came in, switched to Rosie and then switched and hammered Avatar.

Maybe you and Mebelle are working together?

Go for it idiots.

Be cool...looks like scum might win this round with a no lynch. I sure looks like the plan.

Oh, wait the plan was to have the PR's expose themselves, right? In that case, they lost.

So confused :lol:

ahhh name calling? lol really.....

begins to hum...scum on the run....to the tune of band on the run

btw: in no way did i vote for rosie due to not liking her...she is a great poster and i have no reason to think anything but good things about her....

Vote Count 4.6​
“A good half of the art of living is resilience.”

Not Voting (2): Mebelle60♀, tn5421♂

MeBelle60 (3): Mertex♀, Wolfsister77♀, R.D.♀
Mertex (3): strollingbones♀, Shaitra♀, manifold♂
strollingbones (1): Luissa♀
Wolfsister77 (1): AyeCantSeeYou♀

~ With 10 players, it takes 6 to lynch!
~ Deadline expires 6/16/14, @ 2pm central.
~ Asking players for reads is fundamental.

3.1 | 3.2 | 3.3 | 3.4
4.1 | 4.2 | 4.3 | 4.4 | 4.5

Last edited:
ahhh name calling? lol really.....

begins to hum...scum on the run....to the tune of band on the run

btw: in no way did i vote for rosie due to not liking her...she is a great poster and i have no reason to think anything but good things about her....

Wow, how quickly you forget....wasn't it you that called us "stoopid"?:D

I'm just frustrated because it looks like you and mani are doing a job on the unsuspecting Townies by voting for me....maybe I was getting too close to the truth? You and Mani?

Forum List

Back