Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Here's another thing I want to point out. Notice Wolfsister is coming hard at Luissa for not "contributing" - asking if she is playing the game or not.

Notice Luissa's answer to her, "I have been reading - I didn't want to do too much until I saw what was going on."

She hardly gets ruffled over Wolfsister's accusation. Her response is friendly and explnatory.

Yet when I merely suggested that Luissa could have been one of the two other votes for Avatar (meaning scum), she gets her panties all in a wad and comes after me.

Then Wolfsister, who cast the first vote against Luissa and kept accusing her of not playing the game, all of a sudden turns friendly with Luissa and agrees with her about me, claiming I am being defensive and I am antagonizing everyone. I would think that Wolfsister's comments about Luissa would be pretty antagonizing, unless Luissa is in cahoots with Wolfsister, so it doesn't mean anything?

Just thinks to consider.

Well, I agree'd with a comment she made about you being defensive and antagonizing people.

Gee, I wonder why? :eusa_whistle:

She said I was defensive, you said I was antagonizing people, yet you were coming hard on her, voting for her and then nagging at her lack of enthusiasm in the game and yet, she merely shrugs it off....it does look rather suspicious.

I wonder why?:eusa_whistle:

I actually never even saw those posts. Plus I don't see the point in getting dramatic like you.
Another reason why I am okay with voting for you.

It's your defensiveness.

And I didn't get mad at you or come at you. It's your dramatics that made me suspect you.

Everyone who gets accused gets defensive. Many said that about Rosie when she was defending herself. I'm just amazed that you think I'm dramatic when I merely suggested that you might be scum, but Wolfsister can downright vote for you and then harass you for not participating, and you just answer very friendly back. It does seem rather suspicious.

Wolf said it and moved on, you dwell on it.
The only unfriendly thing I have done to you, is vote for you.

Now you're defending her.....hmmmmm, the only unfriendly thing I have done to you is point out the veryr different reaction from you to my vague accusation versus her hard vote for you and many derogatory comments regarding your lack of enthusiasm for the game.....even more revealing.

Well, I agree'd with a comment she made about you being defensive and antagonizing people.

Gee, I wonder why? :eusa_whistle:

She said I was defensive, you said I was antagonizing people, yet you were coming hard on her, voting for her and then nagging at her lack of enthusiasm in the game and yet, she merely shrugs it off....it does look rather suspicious.

I actually never even saw those posts. Plus I don't see the point in getting dramatic like you.

Sure you didn't, but you saw posts from me coming after you that weren't even there?

Very telling, I must say. I only hope that other Townies are able to pick up on this little turn of events.

Sure you didn't, but you saw posts from me coming after you that weren't even there?

Very telling, I must say. I only hope that other Townies are able to pick up on this little turn of events.

You are giving me way too much credit. Lol

My reads:

If one or two votes for Avatar were scum, the same goes with the votes for me.

I am seriously bugged by Wolfsister's lie and hypocrisy. She said over and over (dead horse,) that she would be the hammer vote for Avatar if it came to that. When it did come to that, she got wishy washy.

Then got all wigged out when MeBelle actually DID hammer Avatar. She said she would and then gets prissy because MeBelle did what Wolfsister lied about doing. Hypocrite much?

Why also be mad about MeBelle switching her vote after the fact? We are not supposed to be talking in the background. Why the expectation that MeBelle would lynch me and not Avatar? Why expect that unless there is background illicit info?

Wolfsister is also full of noise like Avatar. Posting with a lack of info and making a dead horse of me Why?
She did not share her flavor but demanded everyone else spit out their info or be suspect if quiet.

Revealing details about yourself moves the game forward and is not any kind of reason for beating a dead horse nor putting out reams of distracting noise!

She is my main Scum suspect because she is doing what was planned and is not giving it up no matter what. Just what a Scum roleblocker or a Goon is expected to do.

Holy crap!! Why haven't you voted for me yet? That's some damning evidence right there.

:lol:

Let me narrow this down. I talk too much and didn't want to do Avi in. And something about not revealing enough even though I've given reads lists, voted for folks, given my observations, and commented on others observations. Also I've given ideas how to proceed but o.k. I talk too much but need to talk more. Gotcha.

You do realize talking is how this game is played right? Wake mentioned that in competitive mafia games, it isn't unusual for Day 1 to go 3 or 4,000 posts and sometimes games can go for months. I don't know how you get anywhere without talking. But go ahead and do the talkers in and see where that gets you.

Nope, I did not want to hammer Avi. Yes, I wanted him in the game. No, I did not like Ropey and mebelle playing around with votes at the end and yep, it irritated me mebelle hammered and then tried to take it back. This is all true. If it was you, I would of had no problem casting the hammer vote. Make of it what you will.

If you think I'm guilty, then you should vote for me.

This reminds me of when I was a mod. I kind of sat back and didn't do a whole lot, but I was accused of conspiring against right wingers. When in reality, I was just reading had not taking any action.

My reads:

If one or two votes for Avatar were scum, the same goes with the votes for me.

I am seriously bugged by Wolfsister's lie and hypocrisy. She said over and over (dead horse,) that she would be the hammer vote for Avatar if it came to that. When it did come to that, she got wishy washy.

Then got all wigged out when MeBelle actually DID hammer Avatar. She said she would and then gets prissy because MeBelle did what Wolfsister lied about doing. Hypocrite much?

Why also be mad about MeBelle switching her vote after the fact? We are not supposed to be talking in the background. Why the expectation that MeBelle would lynch me and not Avatar? Why expect that unless there is background illicit info?

Wolfsister is also full of noise like Avatar. Posting with a lack of info and making a dead horse of me Why?
She did not share her flavor but demanded everyone else spit out their info or be suspect if quiet.

Revealing details about yourself moves the game forward and is not any kind of reason for beating a dead horse nor putting out reams of distracting noise!

She is my main Scum suspect because she is doing what was planned and is not giving it up no matter what. Just what a Scum roleblocker or a Goon is expected to do.

Holy crap!! Why haven't you voted for me yet? That's some damning evidence right there.

:lol:

Let me narrow this down. I talk too much and didn't want to do Avi in. And something about not revealing enough even though I've given reads lists, voted for folks, given my observations, and commented on others observations. Also I've given ideas how to proceed but o.k. I talk too much but need to talk more. Gotcha.

You do realize talking is how this game is played right? Wake mentioned that in competitive mafia games, it isn't unusual for Day 1 to go 3 or 4,000 posts and sometimes games can go for months. I don't know how you get anywhere without talking. But go ahead and do the talkers in and see where that gets you.

Nope, I did not want to hammer Avi. Yes, I wanted him in the game. No, I did not like Ropey and mebelle playing around with votes at the end and yep, it irritated me mebelle hammered and then tried to take it back. This is all true. If it was you, I would of had no problem casting the hammer vote. Make of it what you will.

If you think I'm guilty, then you should vote for me.

Who's getting defensive, now?:eusa_whistle:

The reason I wanted everyone to reveal their theme roles is because Avatar screwed up so badly with his.

I can't remember who, someone thought he was the town priest, someone else thought he was a community organizer, I thought his theme role was running the local orphanage, finally somebody guessed he was a teacher. At no point did he jump in to clarify any of the guesses. Had he said "I'm the teacher!" then maybe I would not have voted for him. But his hedging about it made him seem scummy to me.

There's a bit of confusion I need to check. Back in a few.

For what it's worth, my read on Wolfsister is solid town. But that doesn't mean I won't go back and look at posts to see if I've missed something. ;)

Vote: Wolfsister

Regards from Rosie

Good, this is exactly what I expected from you.

On Day 1 you said I was townie repeatedly. Then when I questioned you, you told me I was stooid noob and if I didn't turn away from you, you would go after me. I have been pushing hard for you.

Now, you did exactly what you said you would do. You lived up to your threat.

Just like a mafia member would do.

Took you long enough.

Regards from Rosie

On Day 1 you said I was townie repeatedly. Then when I questioned you, you told me I was stooid noob and if I didn't turn away from you, you would go after me. I have been pushing hard for you.

Took you long enough.

Wolfsister said she would hammer Avatar if the vote came to that , which was a lie, and then made beating a dead horse outta MeBelle (for making the hammer vote) annother new hobby.

Rosie said that Wolfsister needed to check herself before she wrecked iherself or Rosie would vote to take Wolfsister, the noisy, feckless n00b, out.

Everyone can spot the lying hypocrite.

Regards from Rosie

The role PM for the GF in the first post says "....which one of you will be performing the kill," so scum could just as easily have been the one jailed if that was done by the jailer. Still hard to be too certain how the night went down at this point.

Going over the thread this keeps bugging me.

Where does it say that in the thread?

Sounds like the role pm you got.

And no offense Wolf and others. It's like some of you expected me to come in and know what I was doing and have instant strategy. Thanks for the credit, but I am really not that on top of things. :lol:

For one, I still don't get what I suppose to do in regards to my profession. Give clues? Reveal it?

Fair enough. You should not reveal your role if you are one of the power role townies (Cop, Doc, Jailer, Body Guard). If you are scum you most definitely would be helpful in letting us know your role :D

It probably isn't necessary unless someone else claims the same role as you, and then you should do it ASAP so we can assess which one of you is telling the truth (scum fake claim sometimes--as in often--and sometimes screw up by claiming a role occupied by someone else).

If this is your first game, you are not going to figure it out well. If you have questions, just ask them. If you are confused about an aspect of the game, just ask. etc etc etc. It usually takes a game or two for people to get the hang of it enough as to that they are not spending most of their time kicking themselves for joining or trying to find a way out without being a quitter.

I dropped clues to by role and then outed myself quite simply because I don't mind being a sacrificial lamb for town. Starting mid-game makes it harder to get into the swing.

As a word of caution, if everybody tells what their job is, we will be telling scum who the town PR's are unless they have safe fake claims provided or can come up with something rndom nobody else has claimed that is believable. Town Ornithologist probably would be safe that nobody else has, but questionable if that is a real role. Scum already know who they are, so they are going to look for stuff like that. I sort of question the motives of the person who asked everybody to reveal that info. It is a pro-scum move.

Regards from Rosie

Took you long enough.

Wolfsister said she would hammer Avatar if the vote came to that , which was a lie, and then made beating a dead horse outta MeBelle (for making the hammer vote) annother new hobby.

Rosie said that Wolfsister needed to check herself before she wrecked iherself or Rosie would vote to take Wolfsister, the noisy, feckless n00b, out.

Regards from Rosie

And now, everyone can spot the person who goes after someone who she swears is a townie after calling her a stoopid newb and threatening her with coming after her if she didn't turn away from her.

The threatening mobster living up to her threat and going for revenge.

And what lie is that again? I said I would hammer if it came down to a no-lynch situation. I asked for consensus before doing so. Hello? That's what we agree'd to. No hammering without consensus. Only one person had weighed in. There was still time before deadline. I never got a chance to hammer because mebelle comes along and hammers and doesn't even realize she did it. There was no lie but if that's the best you got, go for it. You are grasping at straws to get rid of your biggest threat. I can see right through you.

Thanks for coming back to the game after you stormed off for getting a few votes. Glad to see you playing again. Keep showing us who you are.

the role pm for the gf in the first post says "....which one of you will be performing the kill," so scum could just as easily have been the one jailed if that was done by the jailer. Still hard to be too certain how the night went down at this point.

going over the thread this keeps bugging me.

role pm said:
you are a mafia godfather with your minions, [user]name[/user] (mafia goon), and [user]name[/user] (mafia roleblocker).

abilities
  • during the day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • the mafia godfather, when investigated by the town cop, will always give a result of "innocent." you send your minions to do your dirty work.
  • as a team, the mafia may kill one player per night by posting on the mafia qt or by sending me a pm with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • you may talk to your partner during the night at this quicktopic thread.

win condition
  • you win when the town is eliminated and at least one mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

if you have any questions or comments, feel free to pm me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this pm with your role name and win condition. The game thread is here.
[/quote]

The role PM for the GF in the first post says "....which one of you will be performing the kill," so scum could just as easily have been the one jailed if that was done by the jailer. Still hard to be too certain how the night went down at this point.

Going over the thread this keeps bugging me.

I sort of messed up the quotes in my response above. The role PM's were posted by Wake (Post #3 I think--I should know since I was just there but it slipped my mind to look at the number)

the role pm for the gf in the first post says "....which one of you will be performing the kill," so scum could just as easily have been the one jailed if that was done by the jailer. Still hard to be too certain how the night went down at this point.

going over the thread this keeps bugging me.

role pm said:
you are a mafia godfather with your minions, [user]name[/user] (mafia goon), and [user]name[/user] (mafia roleblocker).

abilities
  • during the day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • the mafia godfather, when investigated by the town cop, will always give a result of "innocent." you send your minions to do your dirty work.
  • as a team, the mafia may kill one player per night by posting on the mafia qt or by sending me a pm with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • you may talk to your partner during the night at this quicktopic thread.

win condition
  • you win when the town is eliminated and at least one mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

if you have any questions or comments, feel free to pm me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this pm with your role name and win condition. The game thread is here.
[/QUOTE]

I've got to go to bed, got no sleep lat night :lol: oops

Took you long enough.

Regards from Rosie

And now, everyone can spot the person who goes after someone who she swears is a townie after calling her a stoopid newb and threatening her with coming after her if she didn't turn away from her.

And what lie is that again? I said I would hammer if it came down to a no-lynch situation. I asked for consensus before doing so. Hello? That's what we agree'd to. No hammering without consensus. Only one person had weighed in. There was still time before deadline. I never got a chance to hammer because mebelle comes along and hammers and doesn't even realize she did it. There was no lie but if that's the best you got, go for it. You are grasping at straws to get rid of your biggest threat. I can see right through you.

Thanks for coming back to the game after you stormed off for getting a few votes. Glad to see you playing again. Keep showing us who you are.

One provided a guideline for strategy.

Another repeats herself ad nauseum. Attempting to cover her tracks with distracting noise.

One contributes good info concisely; another babbles on a pretending she knows things.

She very well could: who the other Scum are.

Nothing to change my vote and solid reasons for others to join me in my vote.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

One provided a guideline for strategy.

Another repeats herself ad nauseum. Attempting to cover her tracks with distracting noise.

One contributes good info concisely; another babbles on a pretending she knows things.

She very well could: who the other Scum are.

Nothing to change my vote and solid reasons for others to join me in my vote.

Regards from Rosie

Yes, after you threatened a townie and stormed off when you weren't getting your way. If you aren't scum, you aren't a team player either. You think far too highly of yourself and have an ego to boot.

Keep showing us who you are.

I'll keep repeating my reasoning for things when I feel the need and I think it will help folks keep track of where I stand.

Keep grasping.

Forum List

Back