Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Well, it would take me some time to weed through everything and find my one post talking about my role. Something about extracting information and getting to the root of the problem, LOL.

I sure hope Grandma has an idea with this.

My job: Town Dentist

My role - town janitor.

And no, I won't clean up after ya'll. :)

Considering who you are sitting on, I suspect you will have your hands full cleaning up after yourself on day 3 if that one goes through.

Just as a note to whomever, sometimes it is useful to also consider making recommendations. For instance, for whatever it is worth, I think the cop should consider investigating Mertex or shaitra

Overnight, if they survive, the cop should investigate mebelle or dblack, IMO.

My role - town janitor.

Considering who you are sitting on, I suspect you will have your hands full cleaning up after yourself on day 3 if that one goes through.

Just as a note to whomever, sometimes it is useful to also consider making recommendations. For instance, for whatever it is worth, I think the cop should consider investigating Mertex or shaitra

I could agree with the first name if it were my choice to make. I think we should put dblack in the wood chipper and chum the catfish pond with whatever spews out the other end just for going MIA :D

I went back and looked at this and didn't see her reasons as self sacrificial. She definitely wanted to be saved. She did mention there being more than one saving role and the other could save someone else.

If she wouldn't of decided not to play any more after getting a few votes, she could be helping, but instead she gave up.

That, plus my other reasons is why I am not switching my vote at this time.

I put the odds of Rosie being scum as 84/284 to 84/342. Do with those numbers what you will. I won't explain how I reached them.

I could agree with the first name if it were my choice to make. I think we should put dblack in the wood chipper and chum the catfish pond with whatever spews out the other end just for going MIA :D

At the risk of sounding evil or working as a team, I could totally go along with this. That's a lot of days to miss, unless there was some sort of emergency, he should of said he'd be gone and given some more input before he left. Irritating. Let's get the rope. :D

Mertex – 1st Avatar voter. Hit him with my finger of suspicion on day one after making a big ordeal over the themed roles that don’t matter. I see no reason to lift it now especially after voting so quickly on day two for the one person that defended Avatar to the hilt.

R.D. – 2nd Avatar voter. Was giving me a strong townie vibe on day one, but now I’m beginning to get suspicious. Also came in quickly to vote for bones.

Mertex/RD were the first two in on Avatar and now the first two in on bones… coincidence?

Grandma – 3rd Avatar voter. Mostly townie vibe, but reluctance to participate is going to become more and more suspicious as time passes.

RosieS – 4th Avatar voter. She’s a tough read for me but I’m still willing to take a flyer on bone’s gut.

Luissa – 5th Avatar voter. I voted for her on day one because I considered her deadweight and I still maintain that even if she’s a townie we’d have been better off lynching her than Avatar. That said, I’m really not picking up a mafia vibe.

dblack – 6th Avatar voter. I’m still picking up a mostly townie vibe.

Ropey/sameech – 7th Avatar voter. I was leaning townie for Ropey and sam hasn’t posted anything that strikes me as mafia.

MeBelle60 – 8th Avatar voter. FOS. Delivering the hammer and then allegedly not knowing it was the hammer or not knowing it cannot be taken back smells like mafia to me. And even if she’s town, she’s deadweight. I could be easily swayed to change my vote to MeBelle.

Deadweight? Lol
Because I don't hang out here talking About every little move? F U too Mani! Love ya though.

I am leaning towards Mertex, he went after Avatar first, went after me right away, and seems to push hard to eliminate others.
Me belle has my suspicions too.

Right now, I think the three mafia members are Mebelle, DBlack, and Mertex. I think Mertex's vote for Mebelle was a planned move.
[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]- can you bold this?

Vote: Mertex

Last edited by a moderator:
Oy vey.

I am seeing the beginnings - some good suggestions for tactics giving forward.

A series of good tactics = good strategy.

Repetitive tactics ( beating dead horse) = bad strategy.

Goals:

Develop strategy by using tactics beyond individual suspect "reads".

Listen for hints by lowering signal-to- noise ratio.

Coalesce concerning likely Mafia thru reasoned, measured discussion.

Tactics:

Individual reads

Combing recent posts for hints from power roles.

Ask for clarification - really listen to and accept replies unless the reply itself contradicts previous postings.

Searching for other contradictions.

Uncovering lies/ hypocrites.

This is a helluva good start. Other tactics and strategic planning welcome.

Capische, all y'all?

Regards from Rosie

My role - town janitor.

I agree with investigating Mertex. I am not scum.

Another thing to consider is looking at who voted for who and why a little more closely to figure out if there is a pattern and to figure out who is defending or objecting to a vote and see what the reasons are. Kind of like a way to look for mafia working together or protecting one of their own. Keep in mind, they can go after one of their own to try to thwart this. And really looking closely at what is being said to see if the cop is dropping hints. Even if you don't know who the cop is.

This game is tough if you don't know who anyone is and even tougher being online where you can't see facial expressions. I can see why town has more people and power roles to help since they are going blind.

My role - town janitor.

I agree with investigating Mertex. I am not scum.

Sure, but ultimately every single piece of info we gather will help lead to scum in the end if it is eventually revealed in time, regardless of whether you are or are not. Between people dying and knowing for sure about who is left as much as we can is just as revealing as hitting scum dead on sometimes. If you think about it, if I were the cop and you were scum, I still wouldn't be able to just come flat out and say that at this point in the game if my investigation uncovered you. I would have to make a collateral case against you until the odds were better.

At the risk of sounding evil or working as a team, I could totally go along with this. That's a lot of days to miss, unless there was some sort of emergency, he should of said he'd be gone and given some more input before he left. Irritating. Let's get the rope. :D

Sorry guys. Things kind of went haywire at work this week, and I gotta put in a weekend overhaul of a web deployment. I'll either have it resolved by Monday or Tuesday, or I'll be fired. In which case being lynched will be the least of my concerns.

Wake indicated no announcement was necessary on my part, but in the interest of avoiding Avi's fate, I thought a comment was warranted.

I'll keep my vote on Rosie. Her confusion over the power roles on day 1 is the only thing I've seen that looked like an actual slip. That's not much, but everything else I've seen is weak speculation or vague hunches. Also, the virulent fighting between the two factions over her and Avi on day 1 suggests that it was one or the other of them. Seems unlikely both were town. I should be able to check back in Monday and see if anyone has a better suggestion.

I'd suggest more consideration of the null-op on night 1. The power role people should be able to glean something important from that. How to communicate that info is the trick I suppose.

FWIW, the color role I was assigned was "businessman" , a local real estate developer.

Mertex, You think it was just luck I thought he was innocent and some others did. I told you why I thought so with some pretty solid reasons and why I defended him despite being told I was brainwashed. We disagree. Bickering about it gets us nowhere. I'm sure we will all vote for an innocent at some point but you seem to be trying to convince everyone to disregard this kind of analysis because you thought differently.

No, it's not just that I thought differently. It's that he was playing the innocent card the last time, and he turned out to be not so innocent. He played the innocent card this time and those of us who were aware of his skill in playing innocent didn't buy it. You did, but he could've been scum just as well.

I get that you think your gut feeling is stronger than some of ours because you turned out to be right this time, but that is no guarantee that you'll be right the next time. then you will realize that it is really hard to figure out Scum, because they blend so well with the rest of us and they all claim to be innocent, and why some of us had doubts about Avi.

Everyone is going with their gut feeling, and analyzing what we have differently and coming up with a different result. Let's hope we get it right this time, and I'm open to listening to sound reasons why someone is considered Scum. All I know is I'm not, so those that vote for me will end up feeling like I did with Avi, (if they succeed in killing me) except for Scum, they'll be happy about it.

I am leaning towards Mertex, he went after Avatar first, went after me right away, and seems to push hard to eliminate others.

Why are you lying? I've never voted for you. I might have suggested that you were suspicious but I have never voted for you, and I don't think I was pushing any harder to eliminate Avatar than some were pushing to eliminate Rosie.

If you want to vote for me go ahead, then you'll look just as foolish when you find out I'm a Townie and probably draw attention to you being the guilty one.

I'm still sticking with MaBelle.

Why are you lying? I've never voted for you. I might have suggested that you were suspicious but I have never voted for you, and I don't think I was pushing any harder to eliminate Avatar than some were pushing to eliminate Rosie.

If you want to vote for me go ahead, then you'll look just as foolish when you find out I'm a Townie and probably draw attention to you being the guilty one.

I didn't say you voted for me. ;)

I don't think my gut is stronger than anyone else's. We should look at the reasons someone thought a person was innocent when they were right just like when they are wrong and yes, I will be wrong also. I do not think I am better than anyone else at the game. I just think those that happened to be incorrect should listen to others that were not for what they saw to use it to look at others. I could very well end up being wrong about Rosie and you will be right. If she goes down, I will listen to why you didn't want to vote for her.

I think someone seems very defensive?

I think you just made your first big mistake. You claimed that I came hard after you, and I went back and looked at all my posts where you were mentioned, and the truth is, I was defending you at the very first.

Some of you might want to consider the fabrication on Luissa's part that I came after her at the very start as "suspicious" since I defended her when she first replaced Cafe, and after that I might have said once that she might be suspect....not really evidence that I came hard after her.

Wolfsister was the one that voted for you right at the gitgo, and the only comment I made about you was that you might be part of the other two voting for Avatar or Rosie...not much for you to claim that I came after you at the start.

You've got some splaining to do Missy......:)

And your only evidence against me is that I'm coming after you, strongly.

I still think Avatar, Mebelle and either Manifold or Strollingbones are the Mafia....I'm leaning toward SB being the one.

I think Ropey, RD, Myself, Wolfsister, Luissa, Rosie, dblack, and Grandma are all townies.

CafeAuLait is no longer in the game....Luissa replaced her, and I agree, she sounds townie to me too.

I note that CafeAuLait has not posted since leaving the game and that Luissa came in and immediately jumped to a hard conclusion.

Well, she was a mod here and no doubt has seen more than a bit of scummy behavior so it's a tough call at this time. I hope Luissa posts some of her reasons for the choice.

She said she's been reading the posts. That's all we really have to go by, so what more reason do you need?

A reason as to why the strong vote after just learning of getting in and reading the prior posts. I suppose if she's read it all and looked at the previous game then she might have her reasons for such a strong entry and I was wonder why Avatar is her pick.

It might well be that CafeAuLait was a scum and thus there was no catching up necessary.

So, I questioned it.

I doubt that she's had enough time to read all of the posts for this game plus the ones from the last game (which to a noob would not mean much) - but she probably saw enough evidence to go with Avatar from this game alone.

Vote : Luissa

She's not helping. No offense.

Neither are you, by voting for someone that isn't going to get 8 votes, and she has at least already voted.

Neither are you with that vote

No offense.

None taken. If it gets down to a no-lynch situation and my vote is needed to hammer someone, I'll do it.

Until then, I'm showing a vote for someone which is more than some are doing which seems to me is just sitting around waiting to see what others will do and then go with the flow.

She's not contributing anything to the game. That's my reason.

If other folks would vote and give their reasons or try to convince some of us to vote for someone, they can speak up any time.

Luissa has already voted. So have I, and my posting over an over is only making some suspicious of me for posting. Once you've made up your mind, there is no need to keep hammering...so I'm going to shut up now. But some think if you keep posting you look innocent and some think you look suspicious, go figure.

I didn't say I was using the same approach as Luissa...more like yours....:lol::lol:

Actually, you and Strollingbones voted for Rosie on the same day. I went back and checked.....and it was a hard vote for both of you....so don't accuse me of not reading posts when you can't even remember when you voted.

But, after reading over the posts, yet again, I have come to the conclusion that MeBelle does seem the most suspicious. Her comments haven't been very revealing, and then her vote was rather abrupt....and then that little trick of changing it at the last minute was what really sealed it for me.

I figured that if she was Mafia, she knew that Rosie and Avatar were both Townies, so it didn't matter if she voted for Avatar or Rosie, and her little switch might have been intentional to make us think she didn't know. The two other Mafia might have been voting for Avatar or Rosie....could be Luissa and Ropey/Sammeech.

So, I'm changing my vote.

VOTE:Mebelle

Forum List

Back