Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

All of you - What's your theme role? This can be very vital information, I'll tell you why after everyone answers.

I'm the Town tailor/seamstress.

i am a farmer which is why I dropped that plowing, reaping, and sewing into my vote for dblack. It is kind of hard to believe nobody not a PR seemed to pick up on Avatar's "for the children" stuff but I still have a few pages to read still, so I could be mistaken.

the for the children was a dead give away i thought......mertex has nothing to do with esp.....i played the odds....avatar was scum in the 1st game....what were the odds that he would be scum in the next game....mani do that math lol...

Also, I wasn't 'anxious' to vote for anyone. I waited several days to put a solid vote in, unlike you, Mertex. I read posts, re-read them, looked for changes in posting style, changes in personality, etc. I took note of those that would attack people when their names were mentioned as opposed to those who defended themselves. But yet, by not voting for the person you want me and everyone else to vote for, I'm considered scummy?

Actually, you and Strollingbones voted for Rosie on the same day. I went back and checked.....and it was a hard vote for both of you....so don't accuse me of not reading posts when you can't even remember when you voted.

But, after reading over the posts, yet again, I have come to the conclusion that MeBelle does seem the most suspicious. Her comments haven't been very revealing, and then her vote was rather abrupt....and then that little trick of changing it at the last minute was what really sealed it for me.

I figured that if she was Mafia, she knew that Rosie and Avatar were both Townies, so it didn't matter if she voted for Avatar or Rosie, and her little switch might have been intentional to make us think she didn't know. The two other Mafia might have been voting for Avatar or Rosie....could be Luissa and Ropey/Sammeech.

So, I'm changing my vote.

VOTE:Mebelle

And you're wrong about me. :D

That's what the scum's goal is - to distract and confuse those of us that are townies. If someone isn't sure of who they are going to vote for and the deadline isn't near, what's the big deal? It sure as hell doesn't bother me that they don't throw a name out just to pacify a few. We still have several days before the deadline. For those wanting to rush a vote out, why are you in such a hurry? Do ya'll have something to hide?
cat13.gif

I don't understand why you find the Temp Vote so confusing...it was intended to help Townies come together on who they want to lynch instead of having everyone throwing out different names. By making them "temp" votes, Wake can't run with a lynch until they become hard votes, it was just a way of trying to get a consensus.

The last time, we were making hard votes and then if we had to be away from the Forum, others made hard votes that amounted to a majority and Wake was able to close the thread and do a lynch. I came back with the intention of switching my vote after thinking it over and reading over some of the posts made while I was gone, only to find out it was too late and Wake had already lynched another Townie.

Maybe as this game progresses you will see what I mean and understand that it isn't intended to confuse. The only ones pushing for a quick vote was Avatar, which made me suspicious of him.

MeBelle also cast a hard vote right out of nowhere, which also smells of scum. I may be wrong, but we'll find out after the first lynching.
I gave a reason for my vote.

If Avatar and MeBelle make it through the first lynch and I'm killed that night, you'll see that I was right.

That makes no sense.
If you're a Townie the Doc could put in a good word for you.

So what if we have to be away from the computer?
It's part of the game.

Why should a soft vote hold up the game?
It reminds me of BlackFlag, from Mafia #1, who didn't post after his first few posts. He held up the game while Wake prodded him.

MeBelle also cast a hard vote right out of nowhere, which also smells of scum. I may be wrong, but we'll find out after the first lynching.

I gave a reason for my vote. It was really very simple. To get this party started.
Now all I see is more bickering when we should be working together.

Vote Mertex

okay i have to get ready to go and all....if hubby knew this was what i was doing right now he would not be happy lol.....he doesnt play on the net much.....

i have a smart phone but i only have limited giggybites.....or some shit...i share them with the guys and they all suck the bites out..and then fuss at me for bitching about having to pay an overage so i am careful with mine.....

o hell no ....lol....i am hitting the road...dont kill me off cause i have a real life....remember dont drink sodas.....have a good one....i will check in if/when i can

No worries SB, I think we need to take some time and keep analyzing what we've seen so far. Have a good time!

I think Grandma asked us all what our town roles were for the theme. I'm the town nurse. I've been having a hard time trying to figure out how to work that into my posts so far.

Vote Count 2.2​
“I prefer a subtle approach.”
Dick Roman, Leviathan

Not Voting (3): Grandma, RosieS, Luissa

RosieS (5): strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou, Wolfsister77, manifold, dblack
Mebelle60 (2): Shaitra, Mertex
dblack (1): Sameech
strollingbones (1): R.D.
Mertex (1): Mebelle60

~ With 13 players, it takes 7 to lynch!
~ Deadline is 6/7/14, @ 9pm central.
~ I generally try to keep votes in a chronological order, but it's not mandatory. [MENTION=8806]manifold[/MENTION]
~ Today I'll be working a long emergency shift, like yesterday, and will be back in half a day.
~ Frustration's a part of Mafia, but the trick is to expel yours by getting others frustrated—for better reads.

I'm the florist.

So, you see a no kill is bad for business. I'm not scum :lol:

Everyone is going after who they suspect. I think mafia would naturally play that way, but don't forget someone knows who was the target and we all knw that player is town a well.

How about honoring Avi and trying to help eachother with clues instead of just gut feelings mostly based on bravado because you were right last vote.

We still have 4 power roles that need to wade through useful information, not mean spirited accusations. Clearly not every vote for avi was mafia, we just don't know. Either way I make money :)

Dblack will be on V/LA until 6/5/14.

My role - town janitor.

And no, I won't clean up after ya'll. :)

All of you - What's your theme role? This can be very vital information, I'll tell you why after everyone answers.

I'm the Town tailor/seamstress.

i am a farmer which is why I dropped that plowing, reaping, and sewing into my vote for dblack. It is kind of hard to believe nobody not a PR seemed to pick up on Avatar's "for the children" stuff but I still have a few pages to read still, so I could be mistaken.

Several of us figured out he was the town teacher based not only on his for the children comments, but also his teaching the adults comments. To some of us, the for the children comments were one of many that made him look innocent but then we were told the themed roles weren't really part of the game and everyone got one.

Ok, I'll give a read list if it'll help:

RosieS-my main suspect, it started when she made a claim early on the first day without really asking for consensus from town-this can only really help scum early, when I asked her she said she wanted to be saved-seems like only looking out for yourself which isn't town, when questioned by anyone she got aggressive instead of defensive, for example-I was a stoopid noob and if I didn't take my attention off of her she was going to go after me-seems overly aggressive for town. Then Day 2 she gets a lot of votes and basically says screw you guys, you are too stupid, I'm not helping you-town can go ahead and burn for all I care unless of course you come up with a plan but I'm not going to help you because I'm too good for town-OK, I embellished but that's what I got from it so my vote has stayed on her from where it was Day 1. She should still help town win if she's town. Avatar voter.......

This kind of behavior can sometimes be a ploy by a Vanilla Townie to draw the night kill from scum to protect a power role. In my opinion, sacrificing oneself to protect a PR, is sometimes the best move a VT can make be that by drawing a lynch in a close game, creating noise for scum to sort through, or just flat out false claiming knowing you likely will be targets. Even though you are making it, it is still psychological hard to purposefully get yourself killed in a game because it is against the nature of gamesmanship as most of us have practiced it during our lives.

I am not saying that I have a strong read on Rosie as not being scum, but this is why town really needs to settle down a few days before trying to rush into a quick lynch. The same instinct that almost got Rosie lynched on Day 1 is the same instinct that caused the mislynch. You might want to re-examine things to be certain before rushing to judgment when we have a player so close to getting hammered.

I will go back and look but I'm pretty sure she said she was trying to save herself. If I'm wrong about this I will take my vote off her.

The in your face, I'm not helping playstyle stinks though.

If I'm wrong about Rosie and for the wrong reasons, I'm going to be in the same boat as those I bitched out for voting Avi for the wrong reasons.

This is why it is good to have an experienced player in the game pointing these things out. She's two away from a hammer. I'll reconsider.

I went back and looked at this and didn't see her reasons as self sacrificial. She definitely wanted to be saved. She did mention there being more than one saving role and the other could save someone else.

If she wouldn't of decided not to play any more after getting a few votes, she could be helping, but instead she gave up.

That, plus my other reasons is why I am not switching my vote at this time.

It probably wouldn't hurt to analyze the Avi situation so here goes. I always thought he was town. It was based on his posts. He was actively participating and trying to come up with a plan to catch scum, he genuinely did not seem to know who to vote for or know who they were and was actively trying to find out with good reads lists and asking others what they thought and asking for info. from others on who to vote for. Town would not know anything on Day 1. He said he was innocent repeatedly and that he was town which was a change from his original game play where he worded things differently. Even though it looked like he was going down he was trying to leave info. in place to help town regardless of that.
But he was doing the same thing as when he was Scum, and everyone says they are innocent. The fact that you believed him and it turned out to be true was just luck...we believed him too, the first time and it turned out to be our demise.

I vigorously defending him because I wanted him in the game. It's a way to win the game. There are other ways to win but that was one. I felt like there was prejudice from the first game by those who got fooled. That plays into the scum's hands nicely.
I don't think it's prejudice so much as he was saying the same thing. I don't feel that Shiatra is Scum, and she was scum the last time, so I'm not agreeing with that.

I still believe there was a plan in place by scum to take him out from the beginning. He won the first game very effectively and was obviously a threat to them. I also think at least one or two votes for him were scum. He sat for a long time without a hammer. Probably because they couldn't like he said. I thought that reasoning was sound, yet it was shot down repeatedly. mebelle acting funny at the end still doesn't sit well with me. Saying she wouldn't hammer, hammering, saying she didn't know she was hammering even though we talked about it repeatedly, hammering without consensus. It is definitely shady.
Yeah, I'm still suspicious about MeBelle. I would rather go after MeBelle than Rosie, I just don't get the feeling that Rosie is Scum. Of course, I thought that about Avi the first time too, and look what happened.

I'm willing to switch to her but I'd like to hear from her.
If I see others voting for her, I will change my vote to her.

Mertex, You think it was just luck I thought he was innocent and some others did. I told you why I thought so with some pretty solid reasons and why I defended him despite being told I was brainwashed. We disagree. Bickering about it gets us nowhere. I'm sure we will all vote for an innocent at some point but you seem to be trying to convince everyone to disregard this kind of analysis because you thought differently.

My role - town janitor.

And no, I won't clean up after ya'll. :)

Considering who you are sitting on, I suspect you will have your hands full cleaning up after yourself on day 3 if that one goes through.

Just as a note to whomever, sometimes it is useful to also consider making recommendations. For instance, for whatever it is worth, I think the cop should consider investigating Mertex or shaitra

Forum List

Back