Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

OK, so I wanted to see the people who voted for Avatar with where those votes are now.

These people lynched Avi: Mertex, RD, Grandma, Rosie, Luissa, dblack, Ropey, Mebelle

In the 2.2 vote count:
Not Voting (3): Grandma, RosieS, Luissa

RosieS (5): strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou, Wolfsister77, manifold, dblack
Mebelle60 (2): Shaitra, Mertex
dblack (1): Sameech
strollingbones (1): R.D.
Mertex (1): Mebelle60

Since Wake posted that vote, Grandma, Rosie, and Luissa have all voted. The count now is:
RosieS (6): strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou, Wolfsister77, manifold, dblack, Grandma
Mertex (1): Mebelle60, Luissa
Wolfsister (1): Rosie

I'm not seeing much overlap between Rosie voters and Avi voters. The only person so far voting for both is dblack. My question is what does that mean? If we are using the assumption that at least two scum voted for Avi, the fact that more people haven't voted for Rosie could mean Rosie is scum.

But what if the scum figured that Avatar would be an easy sell for lynching without the need to vote for him themselves and therefore just let the town do their work for them? What does everyone else think of this?

Avi said he when referring to the cop because he wasn't sure of the gender. You drawing attention to it draws attention to him as possible cop.

You being the FIRST to call Ropey a bodyguard draws attention to him for scum also.

Avatar drew attention to himself with his gender mistake.

I was the first to draw attention to Ropey being Town. Others saw his writing the same way. He never was in danger and stayed that way.

Those are the facts without emoting over them.

Try it.

Yeah, right.

Noise, noise, noise.

Regards from Rosie

You keep talking about clarifying things and not jumping to conclusions.

You are telling me I'm emoting, lying, and making noise.

You never asked me for any clarification on anything.

I am going to take your advice and find that link from Wake and look over some actual mafia games when I have time.

Good! Learning from previous players and their successes and mistakes is smart.

What is there to ask you to clarify? Aren't you the one going around pulling teeth, IIRC?

I don't have any questions you could provide facts for.

Shrug.

Regards from Rosie

Ok, so Rosie's back to 5 votes since Grandma unvoted while I was putting my post together.

Now that the noise is less, I am not hearing anything.

I am pretty sure I would know if I were thrown in the brig and so would anyone else.

If the Doctor did save me last nite, not a hint that I should be grateful or something? Or that another Townie should be?

I am picking up nothing but silence.

Pout.

Regards from Rosie

Why should you be saved by the doc? You outed - or thought you outed, or tried to out - two townies. If you're town, the scum gotta love you. You're the last person they'd target.

We did them a favor by mistakenly killing Avi, so the townies that lynched him are most likely safe as are the scum that voted for him.

You not making a good case for yourself.

The only reason I unvoted is because I want everyone to have their say.

OK, so I wanted to see the people who voted for Avatar with where those votes are now.

These people lynched Avi: Mertex, RD, Grandma, Rosie, Luissa, dblack, Ropey, Mebelle

In the 2.2 vote count:
Not Voting (3): Grandma, RosieS, Luissa

RosieS (5): strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou, Wolfsister77, manifold, dblack
Mertex (1): Mebelle60

Since Wake posted that vote, Grandma, Rosie, and Luissa have all voted. The count now is:
RosieS (6): strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou, Wolfsister77, manifold, dblack, Grandma
Mertex (1): Mebelle60, Luissa
Wolfsister (1): Rosie

I'm not seeing much overlap between Rosie voters and Avi voters. The only person so far voting for both is dblack. My question is what does that mean? If we are using the assumption that at least two scum voted for Avi, the fact that more people haven't voted for Rosie could mean Rosie is scum.

But what if the scum figured that Avatar would be an easy sell for lynching without the need to vote for him themselves and therefore just let the town do their work for them? What does everyone else think of this?

Well, if at least one Scum is sure to vote for a lynch, you just outed one Scum that votes for EACH close lynch so far.

Well done!

I can be convinced to change my vote to dblack in a heartbeat if we lean that way.

Based on your analysis here.

The Scum could be waiting for Town to do ME in, minus the one Scum (dblack) vote. But that is unlikely due to Mafia not getting a kill the first nite. I could have 2 or maybe all 3 Scum in my list.

Regards from Rosie

I think it makes a great deal of sense.

For example, Wolfie voted Rosie and was adamant during and after the vote she knew Avi was town and has gone so far as to be accusatory and insulting those who voted him.

But did she fan the flames?
Wolfsister said:
Avatar seems to be trying to confuse us on purpose. And here I thought he was town all along. Now I wonder.
Wolfsister said:
R.D. has moved into town for me, her aggressive play style is interesting and her and Mertex convinced me to take Avatar out of town.

I am pretty sure I would know if I were thrown in the brig and so would anyone else.

If the Doctor did save me last nite, not a hint that I should be grateful or something? Or that another Townie should be?

Pout.

Regards from Rosie

Why should you be saved by the doc? You outed - or thought you outed, or tried to out - two townies. If you're town, the scum gotta love you. You're the last person they'd target.

We did them a favor by mistakenly killing Avi, so the townies that lynched him are most likely safe as are the scum that voted for him.

I outed no one. Did you check my facts? No. If you had, you would know I am relating exactly what happened.

Avatar outed himself with the gender mistake. Such errors can identify Scum.. I defended Ropey from Bones.

Avatar started the whole Doctor and Cop thing.

I said if a PR saved HIM, perhaps the other PR that can save would save me.

For all we know, Scum tried to finish the job and were stopped by a save of me or even by the Jailer.

Jesus doesn't only save - some PR Townies do if asked.

Ya gotta ask. I openly asked and ended up needing saving!

Regards from Rosie

And no offense Wolf and others. It's like some of you expected me to come in and know what I was doing and have instant strategy. Thanks for the credit, but I am really not that on top of things. :lol:

For one, I still don't get what I suppose to do in regards to my profession. Give clues? Reveal it?

Fair enough. You should not reveal your role if you are one of the power role townies (Cop, Doc, Jailer, Body Guard). If you are scum you most definitely would be helpful in letting us know your role :D

It probably isn't necessary unless someone else claims the same role as you, and then you should do it ASAP so we can assess which one of you is telling the truth (scum fake claim sometimes--as in often--and sometimes screw up by claiming a role occupied by someone else).

If this is your first game, you are not going to figure it out well. If you have questions, just ask them. If you are confused about an aspect of the game, just ask. etc etc etc. It usually takes a game or two for people to get the hang of it enough as to that they are not spending most of their time kicking themselves for joining or trying to find a way out without being a quitter.

I dropped clues to by role and then outed myself quite simply because I don't mind being a sacrificial lamb for town. Starting mid-game makes it harder to get into the swing.

As a word of caution, if everybody tells what their job is, we will be telling scum who the town PR's are unless they have safe fake claims provided or can come up with something rndom nobody else has claimed that is believable. Town Ornithologist probably would be safe that nobody else has, but questionable if that is a real role. Scum already know who they are, so they are going to look for stuff like that. I sort of question the motives of the person who asked everybody to reveal that info. It is a pro-scum move.

In this game everyone was given a theme role.

Avatar totally screwed his up, of the 4 guesses people made, after he'd "what about the children"-ed us half to death, only one was right. It's one of the reasons I voted for him.

The rest of us shouldn't have so much trouble with the theme roles. That some might overdo their theme roles, or not even say what the theme roles are could give us a clue.

If you would ask me, I would tell you.

Read again. Avatar said the Town Cop was a HE this time right out of the gate.

Having been a SHE Town Cop I demanded to know how he was sure the Cop was a HE.

HE made a mistake that I pounced on as outing HIMself by eliminating all females from being the Cop this time.

It is there in plain English.

I also said Ropey was not acting scummy, as some immediately accused him of. He impressed me with his writing as being more of the bodyguard kind.

Which made his accuser, Bones, scummy.

There was enuff agreement with that that Ropey fell off the voting list quickly.

I am here- all you have to do is ask me.

Bones is the rude one, Grandma.

Regards from Rosie

This is a male-oriented society (unfortunately.) Whenever an unknown party is mentioned, the gender automatically is designated "he." That, plus Avi being male didn't raise any red flags with me at all. That Avi wanted to use the cop doesn't - excuse me , didn't suggest that he was the cop. And most cops are men.

[MENTION=18665]Rosie[/MENTION]

Okay, I'll ask: Why on earth did you "out" two townies? How could that possibly be beneficial to the town?

I didn't out anyone.

I pointed out that Avatar implied that HE himself was the Cop. He knew full well I had been the Cop before and there is no question that I am a SHE.

I accused him of outing himself by implying the Cop had to be a HE. Obviously that is false, since I had been the Cop previously.

You are excusing his gaffe ex post facto. Which argues against such excuse.

I followed my own advice and directly asked Bones why she was going after Ropey so insistently. I did not understand it.

Bone's reply lacked specific reasons and was more,about how she disliked him. That is unreasoning.

I read Ropey as being of the Bodyguard type and said so.

Ropey directly said Bones was after him due to happenings on the main board. That was a useful, plain fact.

When he revealed the motive, I knew I got it done right - Ropey was falsely accused.

Asking, and then using the facts, not the emotions, you get returned is one winning tactic in this game.

You can see I did just that. Go re-read for yourself and check these facts.

Regards from Rosie

You jumped on "his gaffe" and claimed that he outed himself as the cop, which he did not. There was nothing in that post that suggested he was calling himself the cop.

It was you. You "outed" Avi.

The Ropey/Bones thing was indeed going on in another forum, I was aware of that. It surprised me that Bones might carry it over into the game, but then again, the first lynch is pretty much a shot in the dark, and no doubt she wanted to see him offed.

But in no way does their tiff or any of his comments suggest he's the bodyguard.

You. "outed". Ropey.

Pout.

Regards from Rosie

I outed no one. Did you check my facts? No. If you had, you would know I am relating exactly what happened.

Avatar outed himself with the gender mistake. Such errors can identify Scum.. I defended Ropey from Bones.

For all we know, Scum tried to finish the job and were stopped by a save of me or even by the Jailer.

Regards from Rosie

Nope, Avi called the cop he because he didn't know the gender and that's a default. He corrected it to he/she. He didn't out anyone.

Your defense of Ropey as the bodyguard and Sameech defending you now, is something to ponder. He is the reason I took my vote off you, not anything you said that's for sure.

You spending so much effort to save yourself when you say you are a simple VT is quite selfish behavior. A VT death can be helpful to town and if you are not lying about what you are, your death would not cause a town loss as much as a PR death would.

This is only looking out for yourself which is scummy.

You do not know if you were saved or not overnight or if you needed it. That's an assumption on your part.

This is a male-oriented society (unfortunately.) Whenever an unknown party is mentioned, the gender automatically is designated "he." That, plus Avi being male didn't raise any red flags with me at all. That Avi wanted to use the cop doesn't - excuse me , didn't suggest that he was the cop. And most cops are men.

Okay, I'll ask: Why on earth did you "out" two townies? How could that possibly be beneficial to the town?

I didn't out anyone.

I pointed out that Avatar implied that HE himself was the Cop. He knew full well I had been the Cop before and there is no question that I am a SHE.

I accused him of outing himself by implying the Cop had to be a HE. Obviously that is false, since I had been the Cop previously.

I followed my own advice and directly asked Bones why she was going after Ropey so insistently. I did not understand it.

Bone's reply lacked specific reasons and was more,about how she disliked him. That is unreasoning.

Ropey directly said Bones was after him due to happenings on the main board. That was a useful, plain fact.

When he revealed the motive, I knew I got it done right - Ropey was falsely accused.

Asking, and then using the facts, not the emotions, you get returned is one winning tactic in this game.

Regards from Rosie

You jumped on "his gaffe" and claimed that he outed himself as the cop, which he did not. There was nothing in that post that suggested he was calling himself the cop.

The Ropey/Bones thing was indeed going on in another forum, I was aware of that. It surprised me that Bones might carry it over into the game, but then again, the first lynch is pretty much a shot in the dark, and no doubt she wanted to see him offed.

But in no way does their tiff or any of his comments suggest he's the bodyguard.

You. "outed". Ropey.

At the very least she was directing scum to two potential targets with her comments insinuating Ropey was the bodyguard and Avi was the cop.

That plus trying to save her own ass is not looking good for Rosie at all.

Even if she's town, she's not a team player and is either purposely or inadvertently helping scum.

:eusa_whistle:

Regards from Rosie

Nope, Avi called the cop he because he didn't know the gender and that's a default. He corrected it to he/she. He didn't out anyone.

Your defense of Ropey as the bodyguard and Sameech defending you now, is something to ponder. He is the reason I took my vote off you, not anything you said that's for sure.

You spending so much effort to save yourself when you say you are a simple VT is quite selfish behavior. A VT death can be helpful to town and if you are not lying about what you are, your death would not cause a town loss as much as a PR death would.

You do not know if you were saved or not overnight or if you needed it. That's an assumption on your part.

Are you kidding me?

I was one vote from being lynched. Scrum knows I am Town - no big deal to pick me off.

In trying, they were stopped. I had asked for one to choose to protect me if the other protected someone else and one of two could have.

Just for asking. No reason for Scum not to take me out.

Unless, not having read up and being inexperienced, Scum is stuck on stoopid, too.

A distinct possiblity...but I think there now is evidence against dblack, who does not post noise.

I thought you were leaving? Trouble with the truth, again? Still?

Regards from Rosie

I didn't out anyone.

Regards from Rosie

You. "outed". Ropey.

He insinuated HE was the Cop thru making the Cop a HE.

He actually did have something to correct, which drew the finger of suspicion toward him and got the ball rolling.

It rolled so far from there as to lynch him!

Indisputable fact.

And if Ropey/Sameech is the Bodyguard, he did not waste that on me, for sure.

I am allowed incorrect conjecture withOUT false accusation thrownr at me.

My question for you: Why are you pulling a Bones on me, like she did to Ropey?

I did not get on your nerves on the main board and you have no facts on which to lynch me.

Just incorrect conjecture.

Name your actual facts. Back it up. Just the facts.

Regards from Rosie

Last edited:

Pout.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

I don't see anywhere that gender is related to any job, be it a Townie or Scum. :confused:

:eusa_whistle:

Regards from Rosie

Are you kidding me?

I was one vote from being lynched. Scrum knows I am Town - no big deal to pick me off.

In trying, they were stopped. I had asked for one to choose to protect me if the other protected someone else and one of two could have.

Just for asking. No reason for Scum not to take me out.

Unless, not having read up and being inexperienced, Scum is stuck on stoopid, too.

A distinct possiblity...but I think there now is evidence against dblack, who does not post noise.

I thought you were leaving? Trouble with the truth, again? Still?

Regards from Rosie

I guess if you want me to help kill you off, you can keep insulting me. It isn't tomorrow where I live and I never said I was leaving the game. I was going to take a day off. Tomorrow. Your personal insults do you no good. That was a low blow and nasty.

A pretty solid case has been laid out against you.

I'm done with this garbage. You need to go. If you somehow survive, there will be nothing but tension as I don't like playing with nasty, uncooperative players. If it comes to it, I will hammer you with no hesitation like I had with Avi.

I will stand by what I said to give it a day and this will give others a chance to look at everything also.

This is it for me with all my "noise" AKA playing the game the way it was intended.

I choose not to interact with you again unless absolutely necessary.

Good night.

Reading over the posts again and taking notes I made this interesting discovery.

On the first day (before Avatar was lynched), Strollingbones and Wolfsister voted for Ropey. (Vote Count 1.2) AyeCantSeeYou was not voting. By Vote Count 1.5, SB and Wolfie were still voting Ropey, but AyeCantSeeYou voted for herself. ACSY continued voting for herself the next vote count, and then changed to "no vote".

Then all of a sudden, by Vote Count 1.8, all three changed their vote to Rosie, one by one..... and continued voting for Rosie. On Vote Count 1.11 they were the only three voting for Rosie.

As we know, Avatar lost, and was lynched and we found out he was Townie....but immediately after we started playing the second day, Strollingbones came strong against Rosie....and not long after was followed by ACSY and then Wolfsister. (Posts below reflect the action that took place).

What is interesting to note is that Strollingbones made a post claiming that Rose already had three votes, naming herself, AyeCantSeeYou and Wolfsister, but Wolfsister had not cast her vote for Rosie yet. So, how would SB know that Wolfsister was voting for Rosie?
Which she did, right after that and admitted that she hadn't voted yet. Were the three of them (Mafia) talking to each other and that is how SB knew that Wolfsister was going to cast a vote for Rosie?

Not only that, but it did seem that SB was rushing it a bit.

My conclusion is that Rosie is a good player and SB knows it. If indeed SB, ACSY and Wolfsister are Mafia, they would have known that Avatar was Townie (SB kept insisting on that) but they would also have known that Rosie was Townie, and the only reason for wanting to take her out would be to cripple the Town, and because Rosie changed her vote from MeBelle to SB by Count 1.5.

this vote needs to be fast and we need to vote out scum....

vote: rosie

Welcome aboard, Sameech!

Great job town!!! :)

I do agree there were at least 2 scum voting Avatar out. Until more info is given that could change my mind, my vote stays where it is.

VOTE: RosieS

the is three votes for rosie...me, aye, and wolf...we need 4 more....

come on people...think about and go with our first instinct....just like multiple choice tests

we have already seen what taking 55 pages results in

the is three votes for rosie...me, aye, and wolf...we need 4 more....

come on people...think about and go with our first instinct....just like multiple choice tests

we have already seen what taking 55 pages results in

I hadn't voted for her yet at this point. She does have 3 votes now with my vote but there is no need to rush through this when we have a week. We do need the info. a death would provide when there was no kill overnight but we have to remember there is a cop out there that may know something about one person. Lets give everyone some time to give input before rushing it.

You are kind of rushing things a little bit.

So with that in mind, I'm changing my vote, yet again.

Vote:Strollingbones

Vote: Rosie

She needs to go.

No facts. Not one.

When called on it, nothing.

No reason to vote for me.....not fact one to be found.

Indisputable fact.

Just as Mertex says, I think this speaks to illicit backchanneling..

That needs to be checked out.

Anyone can attest that I am not backchanneling. Mertex must not be, either, since she suspects it too.

Wake - please check this out.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

I don't see anywhere that gender is related to any job, be it a Townie or Scum. :confused:

Right. It is not, so there is no valid reason to assign any gender to any role.

Regards from Rosie

If Rosie gets lynched, and I disappear, please take note of my comments regarding Strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou and Wolfsister.

Scum will take out anyone that targets them. I do believe Rosie was right that they tried to take her out, but by some miracle she was saved when she asked for the Doctor or Jailer to do so.

i don't know where the vote stands now, but just in case there are enough votes to lynch Rosie, if I disappear overnight, my hunches were spot on.

Forum List

Back