Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

And now, everyone can spot the person who goes after someone who she swears is a townie after calling her a stoopid newb and threatening her with coming after her if she didn't turn away from her.

The threatening mobster living up to her threat and going for revenge.

And what lie is that again? I said I would hammer if it came down to a no-lynch situation. I asked for consensus before doing so. Hello? That's what we agree'd to. No hammering without consensus. Only one person had weighed in. There was still time before deadline. I never got a chance to hammer because mebelle comes along and hammers and doesn't even realize she did it. There was no lie but if that's the best you got, go for it. You are grasping at straws to get rid of your biggest threat. I can see right through you.

Thanks for coming back to the game after you stormed off for getting a few votes. Glad to see you playing again. Keep showing us who you are.

One provided a guideline for strategy.

Another repeats herself ad nauseum. Attempting to cover her tracks with distracting noise.

One contributes good info concisely; another babbles on a pretending she knows things.

She very well could: who the other Scum are.

Nothing to change my vote and solid reasons for others to join me in my vote.

Regards from Rosie

Yes, after you threatened a townie and stormed off when you weren't getting your way. If you aren't scum, you aren't a team player either. You think far too highly of yourself and have an ego to boot.

Keep showing us who you are.

I'll keep repeating my reasoning for things when I feel the need and I think it will help folks keep track of where I stand.

Keep grasping.

Keep emoting. When you don't have the facts on your side, blind them with emoting and deafen them with noise.

Accuse and then lie about replies to your accusations. Say what you will do, and then don't.

Exactly as Avatar did as Mafia for the first game. Did he tutor you for this one?

Keep distracting. With more practice you might actually fool people.

Keep accusing without facts. The gallows awaits you; you are making good enemies.

Regards from Rosie

I saw something in my millionth re-read that I'd missed before.

Rosie accused Avatar of being the cop. This was before she "outed" Ropey as the Town Bodyguard (and I don't think he/Sameech is, btw.)

Why on earth would a townie "out" two other townies?

She was also high on Avatar's list of suspects.

She's not being a team player, and she's not helping much as a self-serving player.

Vote: Rosie

Rosie accused Avatar of being the cop. This was before she "outed" Ropey as the Town Bodyguard (and I don't think he/Sameech is, btw.)

She's not being a team player, and she's not helping much as a self-serving player.

Not only did she say she thought Ropey was the bodyguard, making him a target, then she said she though Avi was the cop, making him a target.

Then she said she was VT and admitted she wanted to be saved.

WTF is she doing with this except helping scum try to figure out who's who?

This whole move was what made me and Avi question her and got her to threaten someone she said is town.

Then she refused to help until we come up with a plan and is insulting and condescending on top of it.

Then she talks about how she knows more than us for having a short lived game 1 that we didn't have.

Now, she's one away from a hammer.

I say we lynch her. If she's scum, score one for town. If she's town, she's not helping town and we can learn from her death anyway.

Now that she's this close to a lynch, instead of attacking townies, she should be laying out things that can help us in case she dies soon.

If you would ask me, I would tell you.

Read again. Avatar said the Town Cop was a HE this time right out of the gate.

Having been a SHE Town Cop I demanded to know how he was sure the Cop was a HE.

HE made a mistake that I pounced on as outing HIMself by eliminating all females from being the Cop this time.

It is there in plain English.

I also said Ropey was not acting scummy, as some immediately accused him of. He impressed me with his writing as being more of the bodyguard kind.

Which made his accuser, Bones, scummy.

There was enuff agreement with that that Ropey fell off the voting list quickly.

I am here- all you have to do is ask me.

Bones is the rude one, Grandma.

Regards from Rosie

I've got to go to bed, got no sleep lat night :lol: oops

No problem. It is a tradeoff when role PM's are posted. Sometimes they can give clues when a scum poser tries to role claim if they are not available; but sometimes they can be the deciding factor in a bad way if there is any variation between how the mod typed the win conditions. I had games that are 2K posts on role PM's and role claims though.

Just to be clear to others, I don't think every town person should reveal their job. I found Ropey's posts falsely incriminating so I didn't want a PR to waste time on me at any point in the game. Likewise, if town wants to trim the fat and doesn't want to chance axing a PR, town would not be that damaged by my departure. Enough people have done it already without a counterclaim to where that should give the PR's something to work with for now that will still leave uncertainty in the scum choices for a night kill, and allow more doors to be opened on Day 3.

Not only did she say she thought Ropey was the bodyguard, making him a target, then she said she though Avi was the cop, making him a target.

Then she said she was VT and admitted she wanted to be saved.

WTF is she doing with this except helping scum try to figure out who's who?

This whole move was what made me and Avi question her and got her to threaten someone she said is town.

Then she refused to help until we come up with a plan and is insulting and condescending on top of it.

Then she talks about how she knows more than us for having a short lived game 1 that we didn't have.

Now, she's one away from a hammer.

I say we lynch her. If she's scum, score one for town. If she's town, she's not helping town and we can learn from her death anyway.

Now that she's this close to a lynch, instead of attacking townies, she should be laying out things that can help us in case she dies soon.

Exhibit 217 of melting while lacking facts.

So close to me being lynched yet I survived the nite. You think someone might have heeded my request, even tho' I am not power role - which I said also?

Nah, you wouldn't think.......that.

When you want help, often you get it when asking. I asked very early and I did end up needing it.

You don't know what I learned from reading the games that Wake offered for us to learn from.

You REALLY don't know.

Those are obvious facts.

Try to find some rather than using illogical plays to emotion.

And I am an optimist. Ain't gonna happen.

Regards from Rosie

HE made a mistake that I pounced on as outing HIMself by eliminating all females from being the Cop this time.

I also said Ropey was not acting scummy, as some immediately accused him of. He impressed me with his writing as being more of the bodyguard kind.

There was enuff agreement with that that Ropey fell off the voting list quickly.

Regards from Rosie

Avi said he when referring to the cop because he wasn't sure of the gender. You drawing attention to it draws attention to him as possible cop.

You being the FIRST to call Ropey a bodyguard draws attention to him for scum also.

Previous games show that asking for clarification, rather than interpreting snippets yourself - is the winning way.

Misinterpretation without asking the post author to clarify is common to start, but ends with more experience and actively listening to replies one has asked for.

Read the other games- it is very interesting and instructive.

Regards from Rosie

I've got to go to bed, got no sleep lat night :lol: oops

No problem. It is a tradeoff when role PM's are posted. Sometimes they can give clues when a scum poser tries to role claim if they are not available; but sometimes they can be the deciding factor in a bad way if there is any variation between how the mod typed the win conditions. I had games that are 2K posts on role PM's and role claims though.

Just to be clear to others, I don't think every town person should reveal their job. I found Ropey's posts falsely incriminating so I didn't want a PR to waste time on me at any point in the game. Likewise, if town wants to trim the fat and doesn't want to chance axing a PR, town would not be that damaged by my departure. Enough people have done it already without a counterclaim to where that should give the PR's something to work with for now that will still leave uncertainty in the scum choices for a night kill, and allow more doors to be opened on Day 3.

I think too many of us revealing our actual roles is a bad idea. It helps scum narrow down the PR roles. You are doing it for the right reasons. Willing to sacrifice for town if needed. Not asking for a PR to waste their move saving you. There is a difference here. You didn't claim and try to get yourself saved. Rosie was the only one who claimed and she did it too early and for the wrong reasons with no consensus. Too many of us doing this will help PR roles but will also help scum figure out who to kill by process of elimination. There is no need to claim yet. If it comes down to it, I'd be willing to also sacrifice myself in the same way but it isn't necessary yet.

Regards from Rosie

Avi said he when referring to the cop because he wasn't sure of the gender. You drawing attention to it draws attention to him as possible cop.

You being the FIRST to call Ropey a bodyguard draws attention to him for scum also.

Avatar drew attention to himself with his gender mistake.

I was the first to draw attention to Ropey being Town. Others saw his writing the same way. He never was in danger and stayed that way.

Those are the facts without emoting over them.

Try it.

Yeah, right.

Noise, noise, noise.

Regards from Rosie

Trying to push scum toward a VT for the NK isn't the worst strategy early on (or even later on). For that matter, outing a PR and then pushing scum toward that PR who can be protected and deny them the night kill isn't the worst idea either.

Regards from Rosie

Avatar drew attention to himself with his gender mistake.

I was the first to draw attention to Ropey being Town. Others saw his writing the same way. He never was in danger and stayed that way.

Those are the facts without emoting over them.

Try it.

Yeah, right.

Noise, noise, noise.

Regards from Rosie

You keep talking about clarifying things and not jumping to conclusions.

You are telling me I'm emoting, lying, and making noise.

You never asked me for any clarification on anything.

I am going to take your advice and find that link from Wake and look over some actual mafia games when I have time.

Trying to push scum toward a VT for the NK isn't the worst strategy early on (or even later on). For that matter, outing a PR and then pushing scum toward that PR who can be protected and deny them the night kill isn't the worst idea either.

Right. But do you do it to save yourself if you are VT?

Serious question.

I am going to take your advice and find that link from Wake and look over some actual mafia games when I have time.

If Rosie is one from a lynch, you might want to unvote for her while you do that so nobody comes in with the hammer. IIRC that is about where she is and I think you have a vote on her, but I might be mistaken as I have been mostly reviewing Day 1 stuff and scanning the most recent couple pages today.

Regards from Rosie

This is a male-oriented society (unfortunately.) Whenever an unknown party is mentioned, the gender automatically is designated "he." That, plus Avi being male didn't raise any red flags with me at all. That Avi wanted to use the cop doesn't - excuse me , didn't suggest that he was the cop. And most cops are men.

[MENTION=18665]Rosie[/MENTION]

Okay, I'll ask: Why on earth did you "out" two townies? How could that possibly be beneficial to the town?

And I have some questions for [MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION] :

How did you know Avi was Town?

How do you know Rosie is scum?

Right. But do you do it to save yourself if you are VT?

Serious question.

Some do, some don't. I am not fond of people outing an investigative PR (real or a set up) because it forces the doctor's hand. I really hated it in a theme game where I was the doctor and an idiot with the most important role outed themselves straight out of the gates on Day 1 and I had to spend the entire game protecting him (so for spite, I also spent the entire game trying to get him lynched because if he were killed at night scum would have gotten his power we assumed but it would be randomly reassigned among town if he were lynched IIRC)

Regards from Rosie

This is a male-oriented society (unfortunately.) Whenever an unknown party is mentioned, the gender automatically is designated "he." That, plus Avi being male didn't raise any red flags with me at all. That Avi wanted to use the cop doesn't - excuse me , didn't suggest that he was the cop. And most cops are men.

[MENTION=18665]Rosie[/MENTION]

Okay, I'll ask: Why on earth did you "out" two townies? How could that possibly be beneficial to the town?

I didn't out anyone.

I pointed out that Avatar implied that HE himself was the Cop. He knew full well I had been the Cop before and there is no question that I am a SHE.

I accused him of outing himself by implying the Cop had to be a HE. Obviously that is false, since I had been the Cop previously.

You are excusing his gaffe ex post facto. Which argues against such excuses.

I followed my own advice and directly asked Bones why she was going after Ropey so insistently. I did not understand it.

Bone's reply lacked specific reasons and was more,about how she disliked him. That is unreasoning.

I read Ropey as being of the Bodyguard type and said so.

Ropey directly said Bones was after him due to happenings on the main board. That was a useful, plain fact.

When he revealed the motive, I knew I got it done right - Ropey was falsely accused.

Asking, and then using the facts, not the emotions, you get returned is one winning tactic in this game.

You can see I did just that. Go re-read for yourself and check these facts.

Regards from Rosie

If Rosie is one from a lynch, you might want to unvote for her while you do that so nobody comes in with the hammer. IIRC that is about where she is and I think you have a vote on her, but I might be mistaken as I have been mostly reviewing Day 1 stuff and scanning the most recent couple pages today.

Sure, after spending all this time trying to get her lynched, I'd look like a raving lunatic if I switched now. :lol:

Unvote: RosieS

Vote: no vote

Looks like Grandma did this too but it does put her at 5 which is two away from a lynch and she's much safer that way.

I'm taking the day tomorrow away from the game. I seriously need a break.

Forum List

Back