Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Vote Count 3.2​
“Belief can be manipulated. Only knowledge is dangerous.”

Not Voting (8): AyeCantSeeYou♀, R.D.♀, manifold♂, dblack♂, Grandma♀, Mertex♀, Mebelle60♀, Luissa♀

Sameech (1): strollingbones♀
Strollingbones (1): Sameech♂
R.D. (2): Shaitra♀, Wolfsister77♀

~ With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch!
~ Deadline expires 6/11/14, @ 5pm central.
~ Guys, it's just a game. Please don't take anything seriously. Things said in Mafia are almost always deliberate.
~ Come back over, guys. ;) [MENTION=11865]Luissa[/MENTION] [MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION]

Sorry, I have been reading only. I had a stomach bug. So only reading no posting. I didn't want to say anything while out of it.

Yeah I would be okay with Luissa as well. If I recall correctly she indicated she is still trying to figure it out, but not really playing really isn't figuring it out in my book. She could be scum or dead weight.

My concerns with Strollingbones are more or less yours with Mebelle except she also seems impatient which reads to me like a scum who has come up with a different night strategy and is in a hurry to try it out.

I'm willing to listen on Bones but she kind of has this style as a normal part of how she posts and she pushed Rosie hard which to me, shows her as not being scum. If she is, she has me fooled for sure.

I just can't believe that SB would go after Rosie, if SB was scum. Maybe some experienced players do that sort of strategy, but at the very beginning when Scum only has 3 players and we have 11, it just doesn't make sense to me at all that Scum would be willing to sacrifice one of their own. I know I voted for SB the 2nd day, but that was when I was still thinking that Rosie was Town. The fact that Rosie turned out to be Scum changed my mind.

I can't see Sameech's reasoning on that.
In Wake's description of Rosie's hit, he stated that the mafia was even after her. So that made me wonder if Bones or Wolf are Mafia too. Bones really pushed for her to be taken out.

I'm willing to listen on Bones but she kind of has this style as a normal part of how she posts and she pushed Rosie hard which to me, shows her as not being scum. If she is, she has me fooled for sure.

I just can't believe that SB would go after Rosie, if SB was scum. Maybe some experienced players do that sort of strategy, but at the very beginning when Scum only has 3 players and we have 11, it just doesn't make sense to me at all that Scum would be willing to sacrifice one of their own. I know I voted for SB the 2nd day, but that was when I was still thinking that Rosie was Town. The fact that Rosie turned out to be Scum changed my mind.

I can't see Sameech's reasoning on that.
In Wake's description of Rosie's hit, he stated that the mafia was even after her. So that made me wonder if Bones or Wolf are Mafia too. Bones really pushed for her to be taken out.

Actually Wake was referring to the mob of people lynching Rosie, not the Mob as in Mafia.

Not only was the mob coming for Rosie, but she had gotten their catering orders wrong. Extra mayo, NO peppers!

And, for Pete's sake, these Turkey Toms were supposed to be unwiches!

The angry mob flew upon this justifiably frustrated Jimmy Johns employee and dragged her over to the gallows. SOMEONE had to die, and it had better be the person ruining their sammiches.

I could see scum voting for one of their own, but pushing for it?

ahhhhhhhh so now i am scum for trying to save a townie....avatar and pushing for a quick vote on the mafia....rosie.....

i wished i was as smart as yall think or pretend i am

I've read enough to cast a vote for MeBelle. I think her post taking credit for the no kills was a desperate attempt from frustrated mafia to try to flush out the real PR's.

Vote: MeBelle

She said she has been able to offer protection and that it has been helpful. This was right after we agree'd not to reveal PR's unless there were specific circumstances. She did anyway. She was asked by myself and Grandma to tell us who she saved since she already went against what we were going to do, to prove her claim to us and she had plenty of chances and seemed to be deliberately avoiding those questions. She certainly ignored them and pretended they didn't exist. Even went so far as to try to distract with other stuff. She will be targeted for a NK now is she isn't scum and there was really no reason for her to say anything at that point. She has not been cooperating with anything we agree'd on in the game and she is playing differently than last game. I feel comfortable with changing my vote to her. I'm certainly open to listening to advice about her or any other players. This is her 3rd vote out of 7.

Vote : mebelle60

I don't understand how people can say 'we agreed not to reveal PR's' etc. Maybe SOME talked about it and agreed to it, but I don't recall a meeting being held where every player was present saying they agreed to that. Truth is, not every player is on here at the same time reading the same thing and responding to it at once. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall every player posting on that. I don't see that as a reason to vote for someone, just saying.

It's a solid town strategy that was laid out by several people at the beginning of the day to only reveal under certain circumstances. If she didn't agree with it, she could of said why. Right after that, mebelle said she was saving folks at night as if she completely ignored what many of us said. What possible good could come of that if she isn't close to a lynch and if she isn't scum and asking to be killed at night? Grandma and I asked her to clarify. She avoided the questions. It seemed like a gamble to get the PR's exposed or a lie. If it's the truth, it makes no sense, especially when not telling us when we came out and asked about it specifically. She trying to out the PR's. If someone disagrees, lets here it. If someone has a case against someone else, lets here it.

No offense to anyone here, as most of us are new to this, but I'm having a hard time distinguishing between scummy play and sloppy play. Was MaBelle claiming a role to flush out actual PRs, or was it a misguided attempt at self-defense?

No offense to anyone here, as most of us are new to this, but I'm having a hard time distinguishing between scummy play and sloppy play. Was MaBelle claiming a role to flush out actual PRs, or was it a misguided attempt at self-defense?

She never addressed it when asked and when it was pointed out she did not address it she then said she did address it by responding to people's posts but those responses were really just non-responses, more or less, in a nut shell. That is at least how I interpret her activity yesterday evening.

Good question. She had no reason to defend herself like that so early. I don't even know if she had one vote yet. She's a good player. I saw that from the first game. I wish she would of taken the time to answer us and explain herself but she didn't.

I don't know. If she's scum, I bet she's Godfather. Her ploy seems very familiar to Rosie's.

If she is town, [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] please give us a solid lead. Since youve already made the claim, help us out. Of course her giving any more info will take a great deal of cooperation to find its truthfulness

If mebelle lists names of who she protected, and if those folks came out and backed her up, that would go a long way to helping her claim. Or she would be sealing her fate if she is not being honest. Either way, it moves the game forward.

my silcone muffins cups have been used so much they are beginning to stick...i just cannot believe yall.....i just think we need to do away with sam...he keeps telling us how to play the game etc and so forth

I don't know. If she's scum, I bet she's Godfather. Her ploy seems very familiar to Rosie's.

If she is town, [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] please give us a solid lead. Since youve already made the claim, help us out. Of course her giving any more info will take a great deal of cooperation to find its truthfulness

My theory at this point is that she is likely a VT who had a knee jerk idea based on the conversation that was happening and put herself out there to draw the NK without really expecting town to leap on her for it, so now she is backed herself into a corner and isn't sure how to work herself out of the mislynch and still keep herself a candidate for the NK. I really have no proof of it, but for now, that theory is enough to keep me from piling on her.

Forum List

Back