Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Yes, it's that attitude that doesn't help you. I'm not out to show players who is better at the game. That isn't the point. Your obsession over trying to make me look wrong and to see if that somehow makes me feel less confident is irrelevant to the game.

You seem to get sidetracked easy.

No, you haven't claimed that you're better, but just because you happened to luck out once, you are trying to say that anyone that disagreed with you, because you happened to be right on Rosie, must be suspect. And, I'm trying to tell you that I know I didn't guess right the first 2 times....but I know I'm not Scum, so on that one, you'll prove out to be wrong.

It isn't about me. Never said it was. You did.

The way these two are going at it...they could be scum pretending to argue in order to deflect.

I am still thinking Mertex is scum, and leaning towards Bones by something Wake said in describing Rosie's hit.

If we want to talk about a lynch pool I would agree to one containing RD, Mertex, and Mebelle. All three have seemed scummy to me at one point in time or the other.

Why RD? Could you give me the generalized Spark Notes version because I really just do not have a read there one way or the other. I don't need specific posts--I am generally more big picture is ok enough.

I could go with Mertex right now because he was on my radar before Day 2 opened and I joined and I have seen scum swing toward town when their name starts getting bantered about, but I would like to give Mebelle 24 hours from her weird claim in case she only plays during certain hours of the day. I would like to see her respond to the shared concerns over that play.

For crying out loud....Mertex is a she....I thought by now you would have picked up on that.
And, I can't tell you enough times, that I am Townie...sometimes Scum will leap on a player that someone else has fingered in order to take the heat away from themselves.

I still haven't figured you out, but if you're the experienced player they all claim you are, you may be better at deflecting than I am.

Your gender is less relevant to the game than your role, so sorry if I have not prioritized recalling the former. You can call me a girl if you like, even a sissy. Doesn't matter to me.

I made general impression notes as I was reading Day 1. My note for Post #1,000 (the official lynch tally simply reads "Suspects: Mertex/Rosie/Grandma" People telling me they are or are not something doesn't really matter as much as their play.

Thank you, however, for making me pull out my notepad. It made me go back and look at my earlier post notations for dblack and manifold. It reminded me that dblack had seemed to be playing very town before he reached that "scapegoat" craziness and that manifold made a weird allusion I did not understand--specifically Post #91 in his vote for Ropey (who apparently is now unbanned BTW) when he said "Probably wouldn't have taken anywhere near 10K to buy his way into a mafia role." That comment made zero sense to me.

Why RD? Could you give me the generalized Spark Notes version because I really just do not have a read there one way or the other. I don't need specific posts--I am generally more big picture is ok enough.

I could go with Mertex right now because he was on my radar before Day 2 opened and I joined and I have seen scum swing toward town when their name starts getting bantered about, but I would like to give Mebelle 24 hours from her weird claim in case she only plays during certain hours of the day. I would like to see her respond to the shared concerns over that play.

For crying out loud....Mertex is a she....I thought by now you would have picked up on that.
And, I can't tell you enough times, that I am Townie...sometimes Scum will leap on a player that someone else has fingered in order to take the heat away from themselves.

I still haven't figured you out, but if you're the experienced player they all claim you are, you may be better at deflecting than I am.

Your gender is less relevant to the game than your role, so sorry if I have not prioritized recalling the former. You can call me a girl if you like, even a sissy. Doesn't matter to me.

I made general impression notes as I was reading Day 1. My note for Post #1,000 (the official lynch tally simply reads "Suspects: Mertex/Rosie/Grandma" People telling me they are or are not something doesn't really matter as much as their play.

Thank you, however, for making me pull out my notepad. It made me go back and look at my earlier post notations for dblack and manifold. It reminded me that dblack had seemed to be playing very town before he reached that "scapegoat" craziness and that manifold made a weird allusion I did not understand--specifically Post #91 in his vote for Ropey (who apparently is now unbanned BTW) when he said "Probably wouldn't have taken anywhere near 10K to buy his way into a mafia role." That comment made zero sense to me.

RVS stage, inside USMB joke about Ropey that he tried to pay a mod 10K to get someone banned-nothing to do with the game. I'd discount this.

My gut reads list is actually pretty simple on this one. They’re all suspicious as hell.

Mertex – Gunned hard for Avatar and defended Rosie (but sort of dumb if she’s really mafia) Is Mertex really that dumb?

R.D. – Same as Mertex only less enthusiastically, which is almost more suspicious again, seeing how things turned out.

Luissa – Really trying to keep a low profile, but went along with the mob to lynch a townie and then showed some restraint when the votes went against mafia. That’s suspicious for sure. But then again I could see her honestly just getting it wrong both times if she is indeed town.

MeBelle – Trying to keep a low profile up until she claims credit for failed night kills. A seriously weak move if she really is the jailkeep or doc, and a seriously dumb move if she's mafia. I could go either way on that one. :lol:

Sameech – A ringer and obviously the best player here. His posts don't scream mafia, but I can't shake the gut feeling that he's bamboozling the living shit out of us.

I think we should all go back and take a closer look at their posts and see if anything sticks out.

^^^really needs a neg^^^ :eusa_angel:

If we want to talk about a lynch pool I would agree to one containing RD, Mertex, and Mebelle. All three have seemed scummy to me at one point in time or the other.

To start off with, RD was very agressive about lynching Avatar and also defended Rosie. Avatar suspected her while he was in the game. When questioned, RD tends to defect rather than explain her actions. Mertex and RD are playing a similar game with the exception that Mertex tries to explain her actions.

So that is the Spark Notes version. If you need more meat, let me know.

No I wasn't, I was just wrong about his being scum. He, and all the know-it-alls never changed my mind.

No, Avatar said he voted me to get talking started. He never actually said he suspected me more than he claimed all who suspected him were suspect. He unvoted me, didnt re-vote and indicated he thought he figured something out. Someone had to go, I had no idea who was guilty or not so I stuck with him.

I explain all my actions, to say otherwise is just wrong. I don't, however, grovel or repeat myself over and over again to "frame ups" :)

I never defended Rosie before the vote, that's just dishonest. I questioned her guilt after the fact. But, clearly I didn't think she was scum.

I understand the bravado you all feel because your guesses were right, but don't forget they have all been guesses. Fact is hints have to have been dropped, and few people may have picked them up. I think scum and PR roles may have. I know I've missed things

I still want to hear from Mebelle again.

Works for me. Going with someone who did not vote for Rosie gives a higher chance of finding scum.

Of the 5 these 3 plus I'd be willing to add Luissa. To be honest, she's doing nothing.

Either of these 4 is fine by me. mebelle can explain herself but what bugs me about her is her lack of cooperation. She isn't reading or listening to the posts, starting with the pseudo voting and going to the Avi hammer vote and going to reveal right after we said not to.

"Going to the reveal right after we said not to."

What does that even mean?

It means, we agree'd that PR roles would not reveal themselves except under certain circumstances which were outlined in the posts. You did anyway. I'm not sure why you are going your own way on so many things and not cooperating with town. You saw Grandma's question to you and instead of answering you told her she didn't @ you right. Are you going to tell us what you know or not? If not, then that is one more strike against your cooperation.

If you go look at some games, if someone is suspicious to you, you have to jump on them and get them to slip. If they make a mistake, you have to point it out and come at them hard. You have to question them and you also have to question folks you don't suspect and ask for their input.

I find it so strange that RD and Mertex were so strong and positive about their Avi votes, even to the point of going after me for not voting the way they way they thought I should Day 1, they were plenty aggressive.

Day 2 they defended Rosie at every turn. When she got extremely nasty and aggressive, they defended that too. In fact, they were the ones that told me I was taking it wrong. It didn't seem to bother them a bit. Now today, I pressure them and RD is complaining that the hostility is hurting the game and refusing to defend herself or giving short answers or saying nothing. Mertex is being all drama queen and is once again confusing and messing up things at every opportunity.

Mertex and RD have had a team feel the whole game. How can I not suspect these two? Suddenly the heat is on and that's a problem but when Rosie was attacking me, I needed to toughen up. So which is it? When Rosie was nasty, they told me to deal. When I give them some pressure, I'm being too hostile.

They questioned my game style. They said Rosie was betrayed which I just don't buy. It is really very simple. This is my first game. If I find you suspicious I will say so and question you. It may come off as aggressive, deal with it just like you told me to. If I think you are a helpful townie with good advice, I will listen to your input and you will get cooperation and friendliness. There is no complex play with me.

All this whining is strange when you two told me to take the crap.

You're the drama queen. I've never said you were being too hostile. I'm just trying to get you to see that I'm not Scum, and you're wasting time and effort trying to build a case against me.

However, like Sameech said, if Town wins, I win, so go ahead and vote for me if you are so sure that I'm Scum....you'll be one less Townie, but then at least maybe you can concentrate on the ones that are really Scum instead of making mountains out of molehills.

You are trying to save yourself. I understand. I wouldn't dare people to vote for me or tell people I'd like to see them be wrong or anything else. I would be fine with being voted off or killed at this point. I think we need to narrow some folks down. So if it comes to that, I'm not worried about saving myself. But if you are, I gotta wonder why.

Works for me. Going with someone who did not vote for Rosie gives a higher chance of finding scum.

Of the 5 these 3 plus I'd be willing to add Luissa. To be honest, she's doing nothing.

Either of these 4 is fine by me. mebelle can explain herself but what bugs me about her is her lack of cooperation. She isn't reading or listening to the posts, starting with the pseudo voting and going to the Avi hammer vote and going to reveal right after we said not to.

Yeah I would be okay with Luissa as well. If I recall correctly she indicated she is still trying to figure it out, but not really playing really isn't figuring it out in my book. She could be scum or dead weight.

My concerns with Strollingbones are more or less yours with Mebelle except she also seems impatient which reads to me like a scum who has come up with a different night strategy and is in a hurry to try it out.

I'm willing to listen on Bones but she kind of has this style as a normal part of how she posts and she pushed Rosie hard which to me, shows her as not being scum. If she is, she has me fooled for sure.

If you go look at some games, if someone is suspicious to you, you have to jump on them and get them to slip. If they make a mistake, you have to point it out and come at them hard. You have to question them and you also have to question folks you don't suspect and ask for their input.

I find it so strange that RD and Mertex were so strong and positive about their Avi votes, even to the point of going after me for not voting the way they way they thought I should Day 1, they were plenty aggressive.

Day 2 they defended Rosie at every turn. When she got extremely nasty and aggressive, they defended that too. In fact, they were the ones that told me I was taking it wrong. It didn't seem to bother them a bit. Now today, I pressure them and RD is complaining that the hostility is hurting the game and refusing to defend herself or giving short answers or saying nothing. Mertex is being all drama queen and is once again confusing and messing up things at every opportunity.

Mertex and RD have had a team feel the whole game. How can I not suspect these two? Suddenly the heat is on and that's a problem but when Rosie was attacking me, I needed to toughen up. So which is it? When Rosie was nasty, they told me to deal. When I give them some pressure, I'm being too hostile.

They questioned my game style. They said Rosie was betrayed which I just don't buy. It is really very simple. This is my first game. If I find you suspicious I will say so and question you. It may come off as aggressive, deal with it just like you told me to. If I think you are a helpful townie with good advice, I will listen to your input and you will get cooperation and friendliness. There is no complex play with me.

All this whining is strange when you two told me to take the crap.

You're the drama queen. I've never said you were being too hostile. I'm just trying to get you to see that I'm not Scum, and you're wasting time and effort trying to build a case against me.

However, like Sameech said, if Town wins, I win, so go ahead and vote for me if you are so sure that I'm Scum....you'll be one less Townie, but then at least maybe you can concentrate on the ones that are really Scum instead of making mountains out of molehills.

You are trying to save yourself. I understand. I wouldn't dare people to vote for me or tell people I'd like to see them be wrong or anything else. I would be fine with being voted off or killed at this point. I think we need to narrow some folks down. So if it comes to that, I'm not worried about saving myself. But if you are, I gotta wonder why.

Somehow your statement (part I bolded) doesn't sound completely true, based on what I bolded on my statement.

But, isn't that the object of the game? Every Townie wants to save themselves. If we execute Townies instead of Scum, Scum wins. The whole purpose of the game is to have your side win.

You claim you're not worried about saving yourself, but you have put up a good fight when someone was pointing a finger of suspicion at you. We all do that. My point is, if you are going to insist that I'm Scum, I'm not going to change your mind, but that doesn't mean I'm going to quit trying to prove I'm not.

Somehow your statement (part I bolded) doesn't sound completely true, based on what I bolded on my statement.

But, isn't that the object of the game? Every Townie wants to save themselves. If we execute Townies instead of Scum, Scum wins. The whole purpose of the game is to have your side win.

You claim you're not worried about saving yourself, but you have put up a good fight when someone was pointing a finger of suspicion at you. We all do that. My point is, if you are going to insist that I'm Scum, I'm not going to change your mind, but that doesn't mean I'm going to quit trying to prove I'm not.

Good post. :thup:

Great explanation too. I like when people explain themselves this well. It helps.

I may be switching to mebelle tomorrow. I'll give her time. I think she's on late.

But, isn't that the object of the game? Every Townie wants to save themselves.
If we execute Townies instead of Scum, Scum wins. The whole purpose of the game is to have your side win.

No. The point of the game is for one team to win and hope it is yours however that happens. A bodyguard for instance will die protecting someone else. If it were every person for themselves, the body guard would never protect anyone in order to stay alive. Sometimes it is like fouling out with two minutes to go in a basketball game just to send someone to the line instead of chancing them hitting 3 or running out the clock on you. Sucks sometimes but it is part of being on a team.

As for cleaning out VT's, it gives the PR's a better probability of finding/hitting scum. 50/50 is usually the best odds a townie will ever get on scum--when you have 3 people left, two vote for different people and one person has to decide which one to lynch for the win or the loss. If the townie who already voted, voted for the other townie, scum will instantly hammer them for the win.

Yeah I would be okay with Luissa as well. If I recall correctly she indicated she is still trying to figure it out, but not really playing really isn't figuring it out in my book. She could be scum or dead weight.

My concerns with Strollingbones are more or less yours with Mebelle except she also seems impatient which reads to me like a scum who has come up with a different night strategy and is in a hurry to try it out.

I'm willing to listen on Bones but she kind of has this style as a normal part of how she posts and she pushed Rosie hard which to me, shows her as not being scum. If she is, she has me fooled for sure.

I just can't believe that SB would go after Rosie, if SB was scum. Maybe some experienced players do that sort of strategy, but at the very beginning when Scum only has 3 players and we have 11, it just doesn't make sense to me at all that Scum would be willing to sacrifice one of their own. I know I voted for SB the 2nd day, but that was when I was still thinking that Rosie was Town. The fact that Rosie turned out to be Scum changed my mind.

I can't see Sameech's reasoning on that.

Great explanation too. I like when people explain themselves this well. It helps.

I may be switching to mebelle tomorrow. I'll give her time. I think she's on late.

I have quoted you and responded several times to you.

Why you choose to ignore my responses baffles me.

One more time: I am on sporadically.

When I do get on here most of my time is spent reading.

When I have a specific point to make, I make it.

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] ...you have now passed Avatar's post count.

If we execute Townies instead of Scum, Scum wins. The whole purpose of the game is to have your side win.

No. The point of the game is for one team to win and hope it is yours however that happens.

Perhaps I didn't write out my paragraph properly....I didn't mean that the object of the game was for every Townie to save themselves. I bolded what I think is the purpose of the game, which was part of my statement....can't understand why you would miss that and assume that I meant that every Townie saving themselves is the object of the game.

I have quoted you and responded several times to you.

Why you choose to ignore my responses baffles me.

One more time: I am on sporadically.

When I do get on here most of my time is spent reading.

When I have a specific point to make, I make it.

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] ...you have now passed Avatar's post count.

Yet you mention me to come back and talk more?

What's the matter with you?

;)

No. The point of the game is for one team to win and hope it is yours however that happens.

Perhaps I didn't write out my paragraph properly....I didn't mean that the object of the game was for every Townie to save themselves. I bolded what I think is the purpose of the game, which was part of my statement....can't understand why you would miss that and assume that I meant that every Townie saving themselves is the object of the game.

Perhaps because it is almost midnight :eusa_whistle:

Obviously it is preferable to kill scum over town, but it is also preferable to lose a VT over a town PR, so if town is divided, it is a safer move to lynch a VT over an unknown roll of the dice that could kill PR, hope your cop survives the night and gets another investigation under their belt, and start the day with a new info and fewer suspects. It is why a mislynch is better than a no-lynch as long as you do not hit a PR--it improves your odds next round.

Some VT's will go quietly into that good night, and some go kicking and screaming. I would rather I be mislynched than a PR, but if I am here when it happens, I will still fake claim a PR just for fun of messing with people :D

I just can't believe that SB would go after Rosie, if SB was scum. Maybe some experienced players do that sort of strategy, but at the very beginning when Scum only has 3 players and we have 11, it just doesn't make sense to me at all that Scum would be willing to sacrifice one of their own. I know I voted for SB the 2nd day, but that was when I was still thinking that Rosie was Town. The fact that Rosie turned out to be Scum changed my mind.

I can't see Sameech's reasoning on that.

I have seen scum vote for scum in pretty much every game I have been in. i once was in a game where scum hammered their most powerful member on the very first day just because they knew it was going to happen anyway and wanted to make themselves appear town.

I don't know that Strollingbones is scum, but I have never seen someone as pissed as Rosie and go out of their way to get killed as scum. It seemed personal to her.

Forum List

Back