Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

WTF? Go back and read your response to mani's reads, especially your response to his Luissa read.

You are spending an awful lot of time trying to twist my words around and make me look like a liar and you are spending an awful lot of time in generally throwing out confusing stuff and distractions this game.

You are moving ahead of RD for me to switch my vote to. I don't see much a pro-town attitude in your play style at all.

In fact, the way you are acting towards some townies is uncooperative as hell.

Whatever....I'll have the last laugh cause I keep telling you I'm Town and you keep saying I'm scum. You are missing all the things I've said, so how does insisting that a Townie is Scum make you cooperative? You're still mad over the things Rosie said and because I didn't jump on the "get Rosie" band wagon you've set your sights on me.

Go for it.

How can you consistently be so wrong all the time?

Twice is "all the time"? Gosh, if I pick the wrong one again, I'll be marked for life.

Whatever....I'll have the last laugh cause I keep telling you I'm Town and you keep saying I'm scum. You are missing all the things I've said, so how does insisting that a Townie is Scum make you cooperative? You're still mad over the things Rosie said and because I didn't jump on the "get Rosie" band wagon you've set your sights on me.

Go for it.

How can you consistently be so wrong all the time?

Twice is "all the time"? Gosh, if I pick the wrong one again, I'll be marked for life.

Nope, you are not comprehending me-again. I mean your post to me. Did you see what I was responding to?

My mistake....I was looking at the voting that took place on Day 1. SB, WS and ACSY switched from Ropey to Rosie on Vote Count 1.8, while you were still voting for Ropey.

Just for clarification, I never voted for Ropey.

aye is townie....i really think....i still think yall are missing sameech or overlooking him...

Well, you may be on to something. Ropey didn't vote at all on Day 1 till the Vote count 1.13, when he cast a vote for Avatar, for the Day 1 lynch, and he never changed.

Sameech replaced him and for day 2 his vote was for dblack, and he never changed. Not that he knew dblack was Scum, but dblack only had one vote (his) so there was no danger there.

Didn't really have the chance to change because the tidal wave of estrogen had Rosie lynched much sooner than I expected and the last thing I wanted was her hammered before I fished around some. As I indicated earlier, you are the one who seemed to be nibbling at trying to shift the momentum off Rosie.

And what the hell does Ropey's voting one vote have to do with me?

aye is townie....i really think....i still think yall are missing sameech or overlooking him...

Well, you may be on to something. Ropey didn't vote at all on Day 1 till the Vote count 1.13, when he cast a vote for Avatar, for the Day 1 lynch, and he never changed.

Sameech replaced him and for day 2 his vote was for dblack, and he never changed. Not that he knew dblack was Scum, but dblack only had one vote (his) so there was no danger there.

Didn't really have the chance to change because the tidal wave of estrogen had Rosie lynched much sooner than I expected and the last thing I wanted was her hammered before I fished around some. As I indicated earlier, you are the one who seemed to be nibbling at trying to shift the momentum off Rosie.

:poke: :lmao:

Must be the clothes you're wearing.

:poke: :lmao:

Must be the clothes you're wearing.

I only play when I am naked :badgrin:

The exact date and time I agreed to play the game is on the sign up thread and if I recall correctly, it was only a couple hours before day 2 started as I barely got through the first 20 pages of posts between the time I got the role PM and the game resumed. I don't know when, why, or how Ropey got banned, but unless it was that same real life day, I don't know what twisted conspiracies some people can come up with in their heads.

I agree that we need to focus on the people who did not vote for Rosie at this time.

My gut reads list is actually pretty simple on this one. They’re all suspicious as hell.

Mertex – Gunned hard for Avatar and defended Rosie (but sort of dumb if she’s really mafia) Is Mertex really that dumb?

R.D. – Same as Mertex only less enthusiastically, which is almost more suspicious again, seeing how things turned out.

Luissa – Really trying to keep a low profile, but went along with the mob to lynch a townie and then showed some restraint when the votes went against mafia. That’s suspicious for sure. But then again I could see her honestly just getting it wrong both times if she is indeed town.

MeBelle – Trying to keep a low profile up until she claims credit for failed night kills. A seriously weak move if she really is the jailkeep or doc, and a seriously dumb move if she's mafia. I could go either way on that one. :lol:

Sameech – A ringer and obviously the best player here. His posts don't scream mafia, but I can't shake the gut feeling that he's bamboozling the living shit out of us.

I think we should all go back and take a closer look at their posts and see if anything sticks out.

About Mebelle, Wake just posted roles should be revealed...

~ You may reveal not only your themed roles, but your game roles, too. In fact, it's general play to claim your role when at L1.
~ Also, should the Cop have 2+ investigation results, it's usually good to reveal it. The more you hold off, the more powerful your information disclosure becomes. However, the chances of getting killed become greater as well. It is up to the Town Cop when he or she should come forward and share that game-changing information. No pressure.

Wake said may, not should!!

If the cop has the name of the scum roleblocker, then then yes, he/she (see what I did there?:D) should out him/herself. The doctor, jailer, and bodyguard need to keep quiet for now.
Theme/color roles are okay to reveal.

MeBelle said that she saved the town.

@MeBelle - since you outed yourself (assuming you actually are a Protector) it would be wise to tell us all you know. You're likely the target for the next night kill, you know.

If MaBelle doesn't come clean, I'm planning to vote for her. She's on the list of Avi voter/Rosie defenders, she's keeping a relatively low profile, and the questionable role-claiming smacks of duplicity.

The only other player on my radar is SB. I don't buy Rosie's meltdown. It seemed like a staged distraction to me and I think SB might have been in on it.

Also, some of you are going after Sameech and I think this is a really dumb move. The timing and circumstances of his entrance make it quite unlikely he's scum. If Ropey was scum, then he was (and Sameech is) either the GF or the RB. In either case, the scum wouldn't have passed up the opportunity to use that role. They'd have insisted on a replacement as soon as Ropey was banned. No one even noticed Ropey was banned until the night shift was almost over. And if he's town, he's probably our most experienced player. We'll need him in the end game to make sure we don't throw away a decent lead.

My list:

FoS

MeBelle
Mertex
RD
Sameech(Ropey)

Town
AyeCantSeeYou
Dblack
Luissa(CafeAuLait)
Manifold
Shaitra
Wolfsister77
me

If MeBelle doesn't tell us how she saved the town, I'm voting for her.

You were his replacement. And, I'm not saying you are Scum, just speculating...that's what we all are doing. But, if you were Scum and you saw a Townie going down by Townies and you voted for a person that didn't have any votes, you'd be okay.

You were his replacement. And, I'm not saying you are Scum, just speculating...that's what we all are doing. But, if you were Scum and you saw a Townie going down by Townies and you voted for a person that didn't have any votes, you'd be okay.

Fair enough, but my vote on him caused him to jump on Rosie so town benefited in the end either way. We all vote for people for different reasons, and at the time I felt it was appropriate to vote on dblack, just like today I feel it was appropriate to vote for Strollingbones for different reasons using a different analysis than I used on Day 2.

If town cannot reach a consensus on a lynch, I am perfectly fine offering myself up as a safe mislynch. As long as town wins, I win whether I am dead or alive. At some point the herd needs to be thinned if cop hasn't found the findable scum or town hasn't beaten the current odds of randomly hitting the godfather, and scum continues to be blocked at night unless you want this game to last until August. It is just better for town that we agree that is why it is being done so that people don't use my flipping town against the people who voted for me for that reason.

Fair enough, but my vote on him caused him to jump on Rosie so town benefited in the end either way. We all vote for people for different reasons, and at the time I felt it was appropriate to vote on dblack, just like today I feel it was appropriate to vote for Strollingbones for different reasons using a different analysis than I used on Day 2.

If town cannot reach a consensus on a lynch, I am perfectly fine offering myself up as a safe mislynch. As long as town wins, I win whether I am dead or alive. At some point the herd needs to be thinned if cop hasn't found the findable scum or town hasn't beaten the current odds of randomly hitting the godfather, and scum continues to be blocked at night unless you want this game to last until August. It is just better for town that we agree that is why it is being done so that people don't use my flipping town against the people who voted for me for that reason.

the very same bs ropey said.....

If MaBelle doesn't come clean, I'm planning to vote for her. She's on the list of Avi voter/Rosie defenders, she's keeping a relatively low profile, and the questionable role-claiming smacks of duplicity.

:eek:

Also, some of you are going after Sameech and I think this is a really dumb move. The timing and circumstances of his entrance make it quite unlikely he's scum. If Ropey was scum, then he was (and Sameech is) either the GF or the RB. In either case, the scum wouldn't have passed up the opportunity to use that role. They'd have insisted on a replacement as soon as Ropey was banned. No one even noticed Ropey was banned until the night shift was almost over. And if he's town, he's probably our most experienced player. We'll need him in the end game to make sure we don't throw away a decent lead.

:eek::eek::eek:

The only other player on my radar is SB. I don't buy Rosie's meltdown. It seemed like a staged distraction to me and I think SB might have been in on it.

Thanks. You don't need me in the end game--you just need to look at the possible moves and communicate with each other. The PR's know much more than I do presumably just by their night actions. When the math favors that share, information will guide your play. It usually comes together all on its own.

As for Mabelle, I could vote for her if town wants to go that way. I don't really have a clear read on her as scum, but I also do not think she is a PR. I could also go for Mertex or Strollingbones.

So, how do we strategize? There are still the 4 power roles, there is so little unity in trying to work with them. I have my thoughts, but outing them is a death sentence for either me or them. Hints have been dropped, but the hostility btwn some is clogging the efforts imo.

If we want to talk about a lynch pool I would agree to one containing RD, Mertex, and Mebelle. All three have seemed scummy to me at one point in time or the other.

Forum List

Back