Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

You were his replacement. And, I'm not saying you are Scum, just speculating...that's what we all are doing. But, if you were Scum and you saw a Townie going down by Townies and you voted for a person that didn't have any votes, you'd be okay.

Fair enough, but my vote on him caused him to jump on Rosie so town benefited in the end either way. We all vote for people for different reasons, and at the time I felt it was appropriate to vote on dblack, just like today I feel it was appropriate to vote for Strollingbones for different reasons using a different analysis than I used on Day 2.

If town cannot reach a consensus on a lynch, I am perfectly fine offering myself up as a safe mislynch. As long as town wins, I win whether I am dead or alive. At some point the herd needs to be thinned if cop hasn't found the findable scum or town hasn't beaten the current odds of randomly hitting the godfather, and scum continues to be blocked at night unless you want this game to last until August. It is just better for town that we agree that is why it is being done so that people don't use my flipping town against the people who voted for me for that reason.

So, how do we strategize? There are still the 4 power roles, there is so little unity in trying to work with them. I have my thoughts, but outing them is a death sentence for either me or them. Hints have been dropped, but the hostility btwn some is clogging the efforts imo.

It depends on how many people are left in the game at the time. Scum may fake claim which will give you 50/50 on them if the other person roleclaims and 100% on them in 2 days play.

There are 12 people including 4 town PR's and 2 scum which means we have 6 too many others. Don't be afraid to thin us out whether we are suspicious because we talk too much or not at all. It helps if PR's drop very very very subtle clues however the elect to do that. It doesn't always have to be done in one post. There is no technical right way--you just have to have faith enough to do it when you are a PR. There is always hostility in town. Don't feel a need to feed it, respond to it, or refute it. As long as a couple people are reasonable and patient and stay in the game, town usually wins in my experience.

Like I said before, this is my first open set up game and my first game without most players having played 5 or 10 times the number of games I have, so I am still trying to figure it out myself. I certainly am no ringer for sure.

If you go look at some games, if someone is suspicious to you, you have to jump on them and get them to slip. If they make a mistake, you have to point it out and come at them hard. You have to question them and you also have to question folks you don't suspect and ask for their input.

I find it so strange that RD and Mertex were so strong and positive about their Avi votes, even to the point of going after me for not voting the way they way they thought I should Day 1, they were plenty aggressive.

Day 2 they defended Rosie at every turn. When she got extremely nasty and aggressive, they defended that too. In fact, they were the ones that told me I was taking it wrong. It didn't seem to bother them a bit. Now today, I pressure them and RD is complaining that the hostility is hurting the game and refusing to defend herself or giving short answers or saying nothing. Mertex is being all drama queen and is once again confusing and messing up things at every opportunity.

Mertex and RD have had a team feel the whole game. How can I not suspect these two? Suddenly the heat is on and that's a problem but when Rosie was attacking me, I needed to toughen up. So which is it? When Rosie was nasty, they told me to deal. When I give them some pressure, I'm being too hostile.

They questioned my game style. They said Rosie was betrayed which I just don't buy. It is really very simple. This is my first game. If I find you suspicious I will say so and question you. It may come off as aggressive, deal with it just like you told me to. If I think you are a helpful townie with good advice, I will listen to your input and you will get cooperation and friendliness. There is no complex play with me.

All this whining is strange when you two told me to take the crap.

If we want to talk about a lynch pool I would agree to one containing RD, Mertex, and Mebelle. All three have seemed scummy to me at one point in time or the other.

Why RD? Could you give me the generalized Spark Notes version because I really just do not have a read there one way or the other. I don't need specific posts--I am generally more big picture is ok enough.

I could go with Mertex right now because he was on my radar before Day 2 opened and I joined and I have seen scum swing toward town when their name starts getting bantered about, but I would like to give Mebelle 24 hours from her weird claim in case she only plays during certain hours of the day. I would like to see her respond to the shared concerns over that play.

Fair enough, but my vote on him caused him to jump on Rosie so town benefited in the end either way. We all vote for people for different reasons, and at the time I felt it was appropriate to vote on dblack, just like today I feel it was appropriate to vote for Strollingbones for different reasons using a different analysis than I used on Day 2.

If town cannot reach a consensus on a lynch, I am perfectly fine offering myself up as a safe mislynch. As long as town wins, I win whether I am dead or alive. At some point the herd needs to be thinned if cop hasn't found the findable scum or town hasn't beaten the current odds of randomly hitting the godfather, and scum continues to be blocked at night unless you want this game to last until August. It is just better for town that we agree that is why it is being done so that people don't use my flipping town against the people who voted for me for that reason.

So, how do we strategize? There are still the 4 power roles, there is so little unity in trying to work with them. I have my thoughts, but outing them is a death sentence for either me or them. Hints have been dropped, but the hostility btwn some is clogging the efforts imo.

It depends on how many people are left in the game at the time. Scum may fake claim which will give you 50/50 on them if the other person roleclaims and 100% on them in 2 days play.

There are 12 people including 4 town PR's and 2 scum which means we have 6 too many others. Don't be afraid to thin us out whether we are suspicious because we talk too much or not at all. It helps if PR's drop very very very subtle clues however the elect to do that. It doesn't always have to be done in one post. There is no technical right way--you just have to have faith enough to do it when you are a PR. There is always hostility in town. Don't feel a need to feed it, respond to it, or refute it. As long as a couple people are reasonable and patient and stay in the game, town usually wins in my experience.

Like I said before, this is my first open set up game and my first game without most players having played 5 or 10 times the number of games I have, so I am still trying to figure it out myself. I certainly am no ringer for sure.

I understand thinning out the crowd, unfortunately few do. Too many are playing to stay alive and not to win for town. That's one reason I tend believe Mebelle and want her to clear it up.

The hostility I'm talking about are what you joked about too much estrogen. I've played before, the personal attacks and the chatter that has little to do with the game are not what I recall as the norm.

If MaBelle doesn't come clean, I'm planning to vote for her. She's on the list of Avi voter/Rosie defenders, she's keeping a relatively low profile, and the questionable role-claiming smacks of duplicity.

The only other player on my radar is SB. I don't buy Rosie's meltdown. It seemed like a staged distraction to me and I think SB might have been in on it.

Also, some of you are going after Sameech and I think this is a really dumb move. The timing and circumstances of his entrance make it quite unlikely he's scum. If Ropey was scum, then he was (and Sameech is) either the GF or the RB. In either case, the scum wouldn't have passed up the opportunity to use that role. They'd have insisted on a replacement as soon as Ropey was banned. No one even noticed Ropey was banned until the night shift was almost over. And if he's town, he's probably our most experienced player. We'll need him in the end game to make sure we don't throw away a decent lead.

Rosie didn't melt down until she was getting a lot of votes, and she has some RL health issues going on. There was no real reason to fake a meltdown. And she proved to be scum.

How you think Strollingbones could have something to do with it is very unclear to me.

As for Sameech, I posted that his coming in after the night could mean he's VT or Scum, but not a Protector. If he's Scum, the other 2 could have plotted and planned without him.
Maybe he is scum. Maybe Rosie and the other Scum PM'd Wake trying to get him added in early. But if he were brought in right after Avi was lynched, it could make him look suspicious, whether he's scum or not.

sameech wasn't brought in until right before Day 2 started, I noticed Ropey's ban and told Wake right away-within hours he was brought in and the day started

I don't think he's scum. His posts are very VT to me.

My mistake....I was looking at the voting that took place on Day 1. SB, WS and ACSY switched from Ropey to Rosie on Vote Count 1.8, while you were still voting for Ropey.

Just for clarification, I never voted for Ropey.
That's true. Your first vote was for yourself, but on Vote count 1.8 you joined WS and SB on the Rosie vote. It was Shaitra that was voting for Ropey along with Mani. Damn, I'm seeing double, now.

I understand thinning out the crowd, unfortunately few do. Too many are playing to stay alive and not to win for town. That's one reason I tend believe Mebelle and want her to clear it up.

I am not sure I believe her because she literally dropped it in the middle of a conversation in which people were agreeing to hold off on revealing as the better play, but I would like to give her the chance. It could be a scum fishing post or it could be a "I'm taking one for the team" post.

The hostility I'm talking about are what you joked about too much estrogen. I've played before, the personal attacks and the chatter that has little to do with the game are not what I recall as the norm.

I wasn't joking--I was just being disarming. I have never seen it either this widespread, but I think it is a combination of the newness of the game to so many and the open format. When people don't know anything but what is in their role PM, they tend to become slightly more cooperative. Trust me when I tell you I was 10 times worse than these people combined in my first few games. I would try to keep myself on the edge of a lynch so scum wouldn't NK me, and then battle against scum at the same time. I was a complete obnoxious mess.

If we want to talk about a lynch pool I would agree to one containing RD, Mertex, and Mebelle. All three have seemed scummy to me at one point in time or the other.

Why RD? Could you give me the generalized Spark Notes version because I really just do not have a read there one way or the other. I don't need specific posts--I am generally more big picture is ok enough.

I could go with Mertex right now because he was on my radar before Day 2 opened and I joined and I have seen scum swing toward town when their name starts getting bantered about, but I would like to give Mebelle 24 hours from her weird claim in case she only plays during certain hours of the day. I would like to see her respond to the shared concerns over that play.

To start off with, RD was very agressive about lynching Avatar and also defended Rosie. Avatar suspected her while he was in the game. When questioned, RD tends to defect rather than explain her actions. Mertex and RD are playing a similar game with the exception that Mertex tries to explain her actions.

So that is the Spark Notes version. If you need more meat, let me know.

If you go look at some games, if someone is suspicious to you, you have to jump on them and get them to slip. If they make a mistake, you have to point it out and come at them hard. You have to question them and you also have to question folks you don't suspect and ask for their input.

I find it so strange that RD and Mertex were so strong and positive about their Avi votes, even to the point of going after me for not voting the way they way they thought I should Day 1, they were plenty aggressive.

Day 2 they defended Rosie at every turn. When she got extremely nasty and aggressive, they defended that too. In fact, they were the ones that told me I was taking it wrong. It didn't seem to bother them a bit. Now today, I pressure them and RD is complaining that the hostility is hurting the game and refusing to defend herself or giving short answers or saying nothing. Mertex is being all drama queen and is once again confusing and messing up things at every opportunity.

Mertex and RD have had a team feel the whole game. How can I not suspect these two? Suddenly the heat is on and that's a problem but when Rosie was attacking me, I needed to toughen up. So which is it? When Rosie was nasty, they told me to deal. When I give them some pressure, I'm being too hostile.

They questioned my game style. They said Rosie was betrayed which I just don't buy. It is really very simple. This is my first game. If I find you suspicious I will say so and question you. It may come off as aggressive, deal with it just like you told me to. If I think you are a helpful townie with good advice, I will listen to your input and you will get cooperation and friendliness. There is no complex play with me.

All this whining is strange when you two told me to take the crap.

You're the drama queen. I've never said you were being too hostile. I'm just trying to get you to see that I'm not Scum, and you're wasting time and effort trying to build a case against me.

However, like Sameech said, if Town wins, I win, so go ahead and vote for me if you are so sure that I'm Scum....you'll be one less Townie, but then at least maybe you can concentrate on the ones that are really Scum instead of making mountains out of molehills.

Works for me. Going with someone who did not vote for Rosie gives a higher chance of finding scum.

Of the 5 these 3 plus I'd be willing to add Luissa. To be honest, she's doing nothing.

Either of these 4 is fine by me. mebelle can explain herself but what bugs me about her is her lack of cooperation. She isn't reading or listening to the posts, starting with the pseudo voting and going to the Avi hammer vote and going to reveal right after we said not to.

For crying out loud....Mertex is a she....I thought by now you would have picked up on that.
And, I can't tell you enough times, that I am Townie...sometimes Scum will leap on a player that someone else has fingered in order to take the heat away from themselves.

I still haven't figured you out, but if you're the experienced player they all claim you are, you may be better at deflecting than I am.

Works for me. Going with someone who did not vote for Rosie gives a higher chance of finding scum.

Of the 5 these 3 plus I'd be willing to add Luissa. To be honest, she's doing nothing.

Either of these 4 is fine by me. mebelle can explain herself but what bugs me about her is her lack of cooperation. She isn't reading or listening to the posts, starting with the pseudo voting and going to the Avi hammer vote and going to reveal right after we said not to.

Yeah I would be okay with Luissa as well. If I recall correctly she indicated she is still trying to figure it out, but not really playing really isn't figuring it out in my book. She could be scum or dead weight.

My concerns with Strollingbones are more or less yours with Mebelle except she also seems impatient which reads to me like a scum who has come up with a different night strategy and is in a hurry to try it out.

If MaBelle doesn't come clean, I'm planning to vote for her. She's on the list of Avi voter/Rosie defenders, she's keeping a relatively low profile, and the questionable role-claiming smacks of duplicity.

The only other player on my radar is SB. I don't buy Rosie's meltdown. It seemed like a staged distraction to me and I think SB might have been in on it.

Also, some of you are going after Sameech and I think this is a really dumb move. The timing and circumstances of his entrance make it quite unlikely he's scum. If Ropey was scum, then he was (and Sameech is) either the GF or the RB. In either case, the scum wouldn't have passed up the opportunity to use that role. They'd have insisted on a replacement as soon as Ropey was banned. No one even noticed Ropey was banned until the night shift was almost over. And if he's town, he's probably our most experienced player. We'll need him in the end game to make sure we don't throw away a decent lead.

Link to where I defended Rosie.

Change vote

Vote Avatar

Change vote

Vote Avatar

Change vote

Vote Rosie :lol:

Ya gotta hang Avi first. :lol:

That's one thing I'm unclear about.

Can a vote be changed after it's cast even though [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] isn't here to lock the game?

Correct, you won't find one.

Low profile has been explained to death.
Maybe I should put it in my sig line.

"Going to the reveal right after we said not to."

What does that even mean?

Last edited:
I suspected Mebelle from the start, however I'm holding off from voting until I see more votes out there, then I'll join voting for the one that I most agree with. I'm tired of picking the wrong ones, and defending my vote only to become suspect.

MeBelle said that she saved the town.

@MeBelle - since you outed yourself (assuming you actually are a Protector) it would be wise to tell us all you know. You're likely the target for the next night kill, you know.

The @ only works if you [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
Hello!

Forum List

Back