Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

If mebelle lists names of who she protected, and if those folks came out and backed her up, that would go a long way to helping her claim. Or she would be sealing her fate if she is not being honest. Either way, it moves the game forward.

You know what?, I think my reasoning is off. Here's why.

Both the Doc and the jailer make a night call, right? So how would one, or the other, know if their picks were correct?

Clearly the bodyguard isn't making the right calls...if trying at all yet, or s/he would be dead.

So how could she prove anything? Correct me where I'm off, please :D

If mebelle lists names of who she protected, and if those folks came out and backed her up, that would go a long way to helping her claim. Or she would be sealing her fate if she is not being honest. Either way, it moves the game forward.

Both the Doc and the jailer make a night call, right? So how would one, or the other, know if their picks were correct?

Clearly the bodyguard isn't making the right calls...if trying at all yet, or s/he would be dead.

Well, she could at least address it. Her behavior is odd. Something is off.

To prove herself, the ones she protected would have to back her up and be telling the truth. She said she has been able to help at night. How would she know she helped at all?

Clearly mebelle has to address this issue. I hope she does this time.

No offense to anyone here, as most of us are new to this, but I'm having a hard time distinguishing between scummy play and sloppy play. Was MaBelle claiming a role to flush out actual PRs, or was it a misguided attempt at self-defense?

I don't know. If she's scum, I bet she's Godfather. Her ploy seems very familiar to Rosie's.

If she is town, [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] please give us a solid lead. Since youve already made the claim, help us out. Of course her giving any more info will take a great deal of cooperation to find its truthfulness

My theory at this point is that she is likely a VT who had a knee jerk idea based on the conversation that was happening and put herself out there to draw the NK without really expecting town to leap on her for it, so now she is backed herself into a corner and isn't sure how to work herself out of the mislynch and still keep herself a candidate for the NK. I really have no proof of it, but for now, that theory is enough to keep me from piling on her.

Maybe, but I already posted I thought it would be too obvious for mafia to take her out after that. Giving her the benefit of doubt would be her wanting the lynche...taking one for the team

I am pretty certain that she is not the doctor as I think that person might be exposing themselves more than they realize right now. I have no read on anybody as a jailer or body guard candidate as of yet.

I would say lynch me instead of Mabelle just to move the game forward toward the math allowing the PR's to roleclaim and refocus, but I imagine that at sunrise on Day 4, people would be all over lynching her again.

Maybe, but I already posted I thought it would be too obvious for mafia to take her out after that. Giving her the benefit of doubt would be her wanting the lynche...taking one for the team

It is, but that is the nature of knee jerk reactions sometimes. We don't always think through how we do things as much as we do why we do them IMO. If I were scum, I probably wouldn't make that kill on that post, but they know who is town and who is scum, so it would be helpful to scum to narrow their cop pool down by one. This is how someone can be anti-town in effect by trying to be pro-town in intent.

I would still be much more on board with mertex than mabelle.

Yeah, sameech is spending much of the time describing all the possible scenarios which could be a good thing or a way to confuse everyone.

Why Mertex sameech? She kind of cleared herself with me yesterday but why should be vote for her?

I am pretty certain that she is not the doctor as I think that person might be exposing themselves more than they realize right now. I have no read on anybody as a jailer or body guard candidate as of yet.

I would say lynch me instead of Mabelle just to move the game forward toward the math allowing the PR's to roleclaim and refocus, but I imagine that at sunrise on Day 4, people would be all over lynching her again.

I'm not getting any clue to who the Doc is, but if hints are being dropped I thinks it's intentional. That's what they're supposed to do.

If, as you claim to believe, Mebelle is VT why offer yourself up instead?

If sameech is scum, why is he protecting mebelle and why did he try to protect Rosie? Rosie protected Ropey at the beginning of the game.

Well, this is interesting. Perhaps it is sameech and mebelle?

I'm not getting any clue to who the Doc is, but if hints are being dropped I thinks it's intentional. That's what they're supposed to do.

Oh I think she is setting herself up to be NK's more than she realizes. Sometimes it is helpful just to be able to use a word here or there, or phrase things a certain way so if you get to L-1 you can point back to these things that might appear random to show you were dropping clues as opposed to just making it too obvious IMO.

Joining late makes me just not into this game as much I think as I would be from Day 1, and from my perspective, I at least know with 100% certainty that no PR would be lynched with me. It is not as good as hitting on scum, but at this point in the game, it is still largely a crap shoot.

cause he is scum...and wants us to vote for anyone but him

Damn, SB, you seem to have a nose for the Scum. After reading all his posts and how he has been trying to deflect, I'm bound to agree with you. He offers himself but is still trying to save himself? I've always been suspicious of MeBelle, but R.D. made a good point, if Sameech thinks Mebelle is Scum, why not vote for her instead of offering himself up?

VOTE:SAMEECH

Oh I think she is setting herself up to be NK's more than she realizes. Sometimes it is helpful just to be able to use a word here or there, or phrase things a certain way so if you get to L-1 you can point back to these things that might appear random to show you were dropping clues as opposed to just making it too obvious IMO.

Joining late makes me just not into this game as much I think as I would be from Day 1, and from my perspective, I at least know with 100% certainty that no PR would be lynched with me. It is not as good as hitting on scum, but at this point in the game, it is still largely a crap shoot.

Ok, I believe no PR will be lynched with a vote for you. But you believe the same about Mebelle, no?

I don't believe it when he says mebelle is trying to draw the NK, he said Rosie was trying to draw the lynch.

I don't know why he said he was the GF during Twilight.

Ok, I believe no PR will be lynched with a vote for you. But you believe the same about Mebelle, no?

Well since you think I am scum and just voted for me because of that and not because I am a VT willing to croak, you might want to consider how you are going to defend that on Day 4. I have no idea if mebelle is a PR or not, but I think she is town, and I am not willing to roll the dice on her with her claim out there just based on supposition.

You can do as you like, but my vote for now stays on Strollingbones who has literally not contributed one single piece of argument other than an incessant "Vote sameech vote sameech." She is a liability to town even if she were a PR.

I don't believe it when he says mebelle is trying to draw the NK, he said Rosie was trying to draw the lynch.

How owuld anybody know for certain what someone else's play is? You are as thick as a concrete wall in your perspective. It will not serve you well in closed set ups.

I don't know why he said he was the GF during Twilight.

because I can be an ass too when dealing with obnoxious people. It is why I am considering calling my doc candidate by name when I get lynched just for spite since it really doesn't hurt my feelings to be on a losing team even though this will be the first one where that has happened :smiliehug:

Well since you think I am scum and just voted for me because of that and not because I am a VT willing to croak, you might want to consider how you are going to defend that on Day 4. I have no idea if mebelle is a PR or not, but I think she is town, and I am not willing to roll the dice on her with her claim out there just based on supposition.

You can do as you like, but my vote for now stays on Strollingbones who has literally not contributed one single piece of argument other than an incessant "Vote sameech vote sameech." She is a liability to town even if she were a PR.

You previously posted you likely believe her to be a knee jerk reactionary VT, not the Doc, setting herself up for a NK but backing away from it.

Now you're not.

Which is it?

Forum List

Back