Official USMB Mafia Game #4: Friends and Enemies

Hitch up the wagon... :doubt:

I haven't seen anything really scummy from FA.

I'll tell you why FA is scummy. And not only that, I think that you Avatar and FA_Q2 may very well be our scum.

FA's very first post is a vote for R.D.
On his second post, he gives Cafe a "not Scum" pass just because she gave him some advice on how to get rid of ads with Adfender.
On his 3rd post he uses your confusion on the roles being re-randomized to make a statement that Wake is affirming that Aye and Myself are Scum, but he doesn't explain how he comes up with that conclusion.
On his next post he admits that his first impression was not correct, that we did indeed get new role pms, but not the PMs between tn and Wake. He then admits that all votes submitted are RVS, that there isn't much to go on other than voting for people and then seeing their reaction, but he then jumps on Avatar's switching his vote from you (Grandma), to me and uses the lame excuse that because of my OMGUS vote on Shaitra.

Avatar's first vote was for you.....of course if you three are Scum, he knew it was a safe time as he could change it later, and what a perfect opportunity for him to distance himself from you with a meaningless vote. And change he did. He changed his vote to me giving the lame explanation that I was voting for tn because he was Scum in the last game. That was totally untrue, and I had already given an explanation as to why I was voting for tn. It had to do with the re-randomizing issue, and because someone claimed that tn had outed himself as Scum when he asked for the QT, and then there was discussion that maybe the roles weren't reassigned, which would have left tn as Scum. Obviously Avatar didn't read my posts where I explained it, because he keeps insisting that I was voting for tn simply because he was Scum in the last game. He also made another mistake when he said that you and I were on the tn Wagon, and posted that on 7/21/14 at 12:14 p.m, but Wake had posted Vote Count 1.2 on 7/21/14 at 11:33 a.m. that clearly shows I was no longer voting for tn. How could he possibly miss that?

We know that Scum doesn't have to read every single post, they know who we are, and Avatar made a mistake by assuming that I voted for tn because he was scum in the previous game, and then made a claim that you and I were on the tn wagon, when just a few posts before that, Wake had posted the vote count that showed different.

Another suspicious move, Avatar FOS R.D. as Scum early on, and of course, FA very conveniently voted for R.D. on Vote Count 1.1.

That you have not found FA or Avatar Scummy, but are also claiming that I am Scum makes it obvious that the three of you are our Mafia team.

BTW you are completely wrong about my reasons for voting for you. Here is why I am voting for you, once again.

She objected to Shaitra voting for her due to her position in a prior game, then preceded to vote for TN with the same reasoning.

She voted for Shaitra after she voted for Mertex.

I can understand if you're confused because of reason number one. But you've given your reason for voting for TN as :

"It had to do with the re-randomizing issue, and because someone claimed that tn had outed himself as Scum when he asked for the QT, and then there was discussion that maybe the roles weren't reassigned, which would have left tn as Scum."

In other words, because TN outed himself as scum in a prior role. The fact that he was scum before the reissue of roles this game has absolutely no indication that he is still scum. You were criticizing Shaitra for doing the same exact thing, and then voted for her in response to her voting for you.

As I have stated repeatedly from the beginning of this game, I am tired of us mislynching people because of roles they have had outside this game. If TN or anyone else is scum, I want some good reasoning, not just because they were scum or weren't scum before this game started, or because they were scum in this game before this game restarted.

Somehow that makes me scummy in a number of your eyes. So be it. But I don't know how opposing lynches based on bad reasoning is scummy.

2 days until deadline.

Who's the scummiest person on your lists, you guys?

Which is plenty of time for a lynch, why the rush? Plans this weekend or simply because you want one of the two leader lynched?

I have no read on FA, but I am still not understanding why you guys think he is scum. Other than not saying alot, he isn't doing much that I've seen to show he is scum.

BTW I have read Mertex explanation. Not following the reasoning there. It was mostly an explanation of what he has done so far and not really an explanation about why the things he did were scummy.

Cafe makes a good point about the role pm's. I went back and checked the title of my second one just to make sure she had that right. She does indeed. So it should have been obvious that the second role pm was not the original one.

vote: Mertex

It seems to me that if someone can't keep the role pm's straight, they aren't going to keep up with much else in the game. Scum have no reason to keep up with anything, other than saving their own hides.

VOTE: Mertex

I got the second role, same as the first, and just assumed Wake goofed and accidentally sent it again. Not until I got back to the thread was it clear why the second role was sent

As I have stated repeatedly from the beginning of this game, I am tired of us mislynching people because of roles they have had outside this game. If TN or anyone else is scum, I want some good reasoning, not just because they were scum or weren't scum before this game started, or because they were scum in this game before this game restarted.

Somehow that makes me scummy in a number of your eyes. So be it. But I don't know how opposing lynches based on bad reasoning is scummy.

Avi, for the first vote, how can it be nothing more than a guess if we have nothing more to go on? Scum aren't going to jump out and say their role, unless they're on a suicide mission. What do you suggest for using as a basis for the first vote?

Avi, for the first vote, how can it be nothing more than a guess if we have nothing more to go on? Scum aren't going to jump out and say their role, unless they're on a suicide mission. What do you suggest for using as a basis for the first vote?

What they've said and how they've responded.

Oh my, are you defending FA? :lol:

Nope. Just asking why he is scum.

Maybe you'd like to address the question?

Funny, 'cause when others do that your accusation is always...scummy behavior defending so-and-so.

I already gave my reasons, others have even addressed them. Are you even reading the thread, or just a post here and a post there?

Avi and FA voted Metex with Shaitra and Grandma pointing to her as scum

At least one of those four are scum I think. With only two having votes so far ...

vote:FA

This is your reasoning. Not much there. You're voting FA because FA voted mertex.

That makes her scum why?

BTW i saw the responses. The ones I saw coming primarily from Shaitra asking you suspected her.

You want to lynch FA. Give me some reasons and I may join you. I have no clue whether mertex is scum or town, but she's acting scummy this game. I gave two reasons when I made my vote for her. I've seen nothing to persuade me otherwise to this point.

I don't know why you guys want me to keep going back to previous posts that don't provide much information instead of trying to make a better case.

The strongest reads are Avi and Mani. Both are "off." Avi's bossy and not flooding the board with posts.

Been busy this week. I had 3 trials to prepare for, managed to settle all three. A bit more of a priority than flooding the boards.

I also have never been trying to flood the boards in any of the games. I simply respond to things I feel like responding to. and considering I am still towards the top of the post count, I hardly see how you can say I am not saying anything.

Four of you are pointing to Mertex, without any reasoning that is logical to me. I saw no other "group" going after anyone else at the time.

Of you four I picked FA, it could easily have been you, you both had votes, but I only get one. The point is to get a majority.

Four of you are pointing to Mertex, without any reasoning that is logical to me. I saw no other "group" going after anyone else at the time.

Of you four I picked FA, it could easily have been you, you both had votes, but I only get one. The point is to get a majority.

What exactly do you find illogical about the reasoning I gave about mertex?

I'm not claiming a smoking gun here. But I have provided reasons she is acting scummy to me.

I'm not claiming a smoking gun here. But I have provided reasons she is acting scummy to me.

I don't find things played out the way you're claiming. There are also inconsistencies with your accusations from player to player. What you call scummy for some, you give passes to others.

I don't find things played out the way you're claiming. There are also inconsistencies with your accusations from player to player. What you call scummy for some, you give passes to others.

I've noticed that as well. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Indeed. One of the difficulties in having the Scum role is trying to pretend you do not know the things you know.

Thus, you wind up posting inconsistently, which is what R.D. has found in Avatar's posts.

I can/will switch to FA in order to have consensus, but I see Avatar as the stronger lynch candidate at this time.

So....do I fight to lynch Avatar or do I switch to FA now and hope Avatar gets lynched later?

Opinions?

Regards from Rosie

for example...?

Indeed. One of the difficulties in having the Scum role is trying to pretend you do not know the things you know.

Thus, you wind up posting inconsistently, which is what R.D. has found in Avatar's posts.

I can/will switch to FA in order to have consensus, but I see Avatar as the stronger lynch candidate at this time.

So....do I fight to lynch Avatar or do I switch to FA now and hope Avatar gets lynched later?

Opinions?

Regards from Rosie

So:

1) you guys can't cite any inconsistencies, but I'm being inconsistent.
2) my inconsistencies are because I know things I am pretending not to know. What exactly am I pretending not to know?

Cause I can tell you that I have no clue who the scum is. I am just making my best guess based on behavior this game.

You don't have to lynch me, you'll probably just have me killed during the night.

Forum List

Back