Official USMB Mafia Game #4: Friends and Enemies

[17:35:32] <+GIF> brb random.org
[17:35:33] <+tn5421> it doesn't like gif peanut butter
[17:35:41] <+GIF> !vote tn5421
[17:35:46] <+GIF> *waits*
[17:35:46] <&CalignoBot> !vote tn5421
[17:35:46] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | VOTE COUNT (2 to lynch)
[17:35:47] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | tn5421 - 2 (GIF CalignoBot)
[17:35:48] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | tn5421 has been lynched.
[17:35:49] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | tn5421 was a Infiltrator (mafia).
[17:35:49] <+tn5421> fuck
[17:35:52] <&CalignoBot> o
[17:35:53] * daisuki sets mode: -v tn5421 (remove voice since i died)
[17:35:54] * daisuki sets mode: -m (remove moderated chat since game over, must be +v to chat)
[17:35:54] <+GIF> lol
[17:35:55] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | |Game over! Winners: (town: CalignoBot GIF Zexion)
[17:35:55] <tn5421> r u srs?
[17:35:56] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | mafia: tn5421 (Infiltrator) (cannot be tracked)
[17:35:57] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | survivor: Yoshika-Chan (Crazed Fiend) (1-x-shot vig | both day/night)
[17:35:58] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | town: CalignoBot (Skulker) (if anyone targets you, you die) GIF (Sleeper Unlynchable) (if tn5421 dies, become unlynchable) Zexion (Mystery Randomizer) (doesn't know he's a randomizer. Ranzomizer targets someone and makes their action target a random person)

If you can't convince others that the person you think is Scum, it does no good to insist, because sometimes you can be wrong.

You all had me lynched in less than an hour and you had a week left, you allowed scum to lead you by the hand and y'all took me to the promised land. :eusa_angel: Voting out a townie at the time you all voted for me pointed to a loss for town.

I also miscounted on the votes for FA, believing the vote you all had yesterday was the vote which was happening to FA at the time. I believed FA's vote to be super critical therefore another reason we needed to be sure.

Sometimes, you need to try, just because "2 were already voting for me," does not mean you have to jump on the bandwagon, why not start your own wagon on Grandma. Then weigh the evidence or at least let a player speak.

Very interesting how posters view things differently.

Lots of good information here.

Thanks for putting up with me :D

CaféAuLait;9643458 said:
If you can't convince others that the person you think is Scum, it does no good to insist, because sometimes you can be wrong.

You all had me lynched in less than an hour and you had a week left, you allowed scum to lead you by the hand and y'all took me to the promised land. :eusa_angel: Voting out a townie at the time you all voted for me pointed to a loss for town.

I also miscounted on the votes for FA, believing the vote you all had yesterday was the vote which was happening to FA at the time. I believed FA's vote to be super critical therefore another reason we needed to be sure.

Sometimes, you need to try, just because "2 were already voting for me," does not mean you have to jump on the bandwagon, why not start your own wagon on Grandma. Then weigh the evidence or at least let a player speak.

I've learned from past games that being loquacious can really be a drag on many players. TL/DR...some of us don't have the time to digest every word posted.

My 'wall of Grandma' from game #3 is part of what did me in.

There are many subtleties I don't always pick up on either.

I keep learning I need to pay attention and 'go with my guts' though.

CaféAuLait;9643458 said:

I've learned from past games that being loquacious can really be a drag on many players. TL/DR...some of us don't have the time to digest every word posted.

My 'wall of Grandma' from game #3 is part of what did me in.

There are many subtleties I don't always pick up on either.

I keep learning I need to pay attention and 'go with my guts' though.

It was not your wall of Grandma that did you in, but IMO someone with a past grudge against you which did you in and their being very vocal about your being bad for town, etc. Being new and being pressured in a neighborhood by other players to vote for you was hard as well. Especially when you are not familiar with that persons style of grudge play.

Your style of play is aloof. I figured or thought about it very much, that you were a mason this game and told Mertex so she would start focusing on other players. And she did, me! :lmao:

At work I have to find every detail, anything which seems to be out of place or just not right. I see how this translated into the game, however, I don't think it's always a bad thing. I will learn to edit I'm sure, but I will try to think logically on things. Not posting anything and not playing I believe is more of a detriment to town IMO. But I plan on trying to be quiet and not post my thoughts.

I had hoped to get feedback, so we could all figure this out, but it did not work as planned. - obviously.

Last edited:
If the Masons had claimed...

Arghhhh....

I had claimed I was Town...Tn claimed he was Mason and that I was Town confirmed.
To me that was his passive way of confirming I was Mason.

If Mertex had claimed (maybe she did and I don't remember) that she wasn't Mason just town especially after tn's dare, I would not have voted for Mertex.

[17:35:32] <+GIF> brb random.org
[17:35:33] <+tn5421> it doesn't like gif peanut butter
[17:35:41] <+GIF> !vote tn5421
[17:35:46] <+GIF> *waits*
[17:35:46] <&CalignoBot> !vote tn5421
[17:35:46] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | VOTE COUNT (2 to lynch)
[17:35:47] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | tn5421 - 2 (GIF CalignoBot)
[17:35:48] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | tn5421 has been lynched.
[17:35:49] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | tn5421 was a Infiltrator (mafia).
[17:35:49] <+tn5421> fuck
[17:35:52] <&CalignoBot> o
[17:35:53] * daisuki sets mode: -v tn5421 (remove voice since i died)
[17:35:54] * daisuki sets mode: -m (remove moderated chat since game over, must be +v to chat)
[17:35:54] <+GIF> lol
[17:35:55] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | |Game over! Winners: (town: CalignoBot GIF Zexion)
[17:35:55] <tn5421> r u srs?
[17:35:56] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | mafia: tn5421 (Infiltrator) (cannot be tracked)
[17:35:57] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | survivor: Yoshika-Chan (Crazed Fiend) (1-x-shot vig | both day/night)
[17:35:58] <@daisuki> MAFIABOT | | town: CalignoBot (Skulker) (if anyone targets you, you die) GIF (Sleeper Unlynchable) (if tn5421 dies, become unlynchable) Zexion (Mystery Randomizer) (doesn't know he's a randomizer. Ranzomizer targets someone and makes their action target a random person)

Well whatever this is, it is random. :D

Arghhhh....

I had claimed I was Town...Tn claimed he was Mason and that I was Town confirmed.

If Mertex had claimed (maybe she did and I don't remember) that she wasn't Mason just town especially after tn's dare, I would not have voted for Mertex.

Mertex had been claiming VT since the start of the game almost, and she reclaimed it not too far before the vote. :(

This is why I knew at least one person was lying out of Mertes, Grandma and FA- they all claimed VT, then Grandma really confirmed she was scum for me when she suggested she may have been claiming VT to hide the fact she was a mason.

Last edited:
It was the first lynch. Why should you be shocked? There was no indication that he was Town or Mafia. A gut feeling on the first lynch is nothing but a gut feeling and the chances of killing Town are greater than they are for killing Scum.

I didn't vote for Avatar because I knew Grandma was Scum. We almost had her lynched, but Cafe was in the clouds. R.D. switched to Avatar because she preferred a mislynch to a NL, or we could have gotten Grandma. All three Scum were voting for Avatar...we needed Cafe, but that's the problem with complete newbies, they are easily misled.

Because mani did nothing scummy. And Avi hammered him with still a day until deadline.
Yeah, but Day 1 nobody has done anything Scummy.

Seemed the case against him was weak. BUT, I am on the outside looking in so I know it is much different playing.
The case would have been weak had it been anyone else that turned out to be Town. Day 1 is just luck if you get Scum. Avatar voted for Grandma right off the bat....she hadn't done anything Scummy at that point.

Grandma going so hard for you was a dead give away. I am very familiar with your town and scum game and you were playing your town game.

It was obvious to me from early on that Grandma was Scum....she tried to blame it on her illness but she was really tense when anyone was accusing her. Even Cafe voted for her at one time, but when we needed her vote, she kept it on Avatar. And, MeBelle didn't vote that time....off in lalaland.

Mertex...pls stop with the 'dumb' 'lalalaland' etc personal insults you've been hurling @ me since yesterday.

RL does happen, people make mistakes.

It's just a game.

Don't let past games influence how you vote for someone. People change their play style with each game they are in, if they're smart. With each game I play, I tailor how I react and respond to others. I now know it's better to read more before posting anything. Read posts, wait a while (sometimes a day or two), read them again, then respond if I feel the need. The more people post, the more likely they'll start second guessing themselves. I've seen it happen several times in this game. Those are the ones scum love to mess with; they're easy to manipulate. Several times there were posts I wanted to bring up and tear apart because of the inconsistencies that were in them, but I didn't; I sat, watched, and let them blow over. More often than not, town ripped those posts and players to shreds themselves.

Don't let past games influence how you vote for someone. People change their play style with each game they are in, if they're smart. With each game I play, I tailor how I react and respond to others. I now know it's better to read more before posting anything. Read posts, wait a while (sometimes a day or two), read them again, then respond if I feel the need. The more people post, the more likely they'll start second guessing themselves. I've seen it happen several times in this game. Those are the ones scum love to mess with; they're easy to manipulate. Several times there were posts I wanted to bring up and tear apart because of the inconsistencies that were in them, but I didn't; I sat, watched, and let them blow over. More often than not, town ripped those posts and players to shreds themselves.

Somebody needlepoint the bolded on a pillow, please. It needs to be where everyone reads it frequently.

Regards from Rosie

Watching your game, I had Ayes right and suspected FA_RT. Grandma of course not because she was Grammy and bakes cookies and shat. when "Come on guys Let's discuss" people aren't talky and they are not in your Mason thread, you might want to take that as a clue to something.

I hate town having QT's as a general rule.

I would like to congratulate scum, but at this point, town is like an Afghan tribe going up against a US Navy fleet or the Pittsburgh Steelers taking on the high school team.

CaféAuLait;9643609 said:

Arghhhh....

Mertex had been claiming VT since the start of the game almost, and she reclaimed it not too far before the vote. :(

This is why I knew at least one person was lying out of Mertes, Grandma and FA- they all claimed VT, then Grandma really confirmed she was scum for me when she suggested she may have been claiming VT to hide the fact she was a mason.

Cafe, please read the part in bold.

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]: The TL;DR version is that I needed to step up and lead town, right?

You need to be more wordy. Short sentences and phrases leave most noobs in the dark as to what point you're trying to make.

Showing up MUCH more often would be a boon, too. :)

[
... yet she didn't find Grandma's posts aggressive even when she told you to ram a car part up your woowoo?

It was his EYE. Always the eye.

That's a way to tell how annoyed/outraged I am. If I'm really pissed I go with something painful (rusty hacksaw blades,) gross (a toilet brush,) or impossibly huge (a galaxy-class starship.) :D

CaféAuLait;9643590 said:
I had hoped to get feedback, so we could all figure this out, but it did not work as planned. - obviously.

Because we Scum made an effort to NK all the players that would stop and think things through. :)

Forum List

Back