Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Gosh, I hope Gath did not give both sets of keys to Shai. One set was given to Rosie and they died with her. I think the only way someone should say anything is IF the last set was used. That way we are not setting up the last jailer.

Read my OP on it. I never asked for anyone to tell us they had a set of jailer's keys. I asked only for those that have used them to tell us who they used them on. I'm not scum, so I could care less who has the keys. I only wanted the info for town. They would have helped clear someone else as being town if they were used. When someone tries to reword what someone else has posted, this is what happens - screwing up posts!

Aye, I am not sure why you keep replying to me when I was speaking to Wolf, not you. I was replying to her claiming she did not have the jailer keys. I cautioned everyone against a personal claim of not having the keys after her post. My post had nothing to do with you.

What if the other scum team hits a member of the opposing team and they get a report back similar to a cop report? Basically saying, you hit mafia. Couldn't the ice scum say they saw who they hit killing someone and say they have a PR that detects it, and actually be ice scum? I mean Sameech caught Avi for us but couldn't that be because he shot Avi and knew he was scum? Could it be that Sameech is ice scum? Thoughts on this?

@AyeCantSeeYou @House @CaféAuLait @ScarletRage @tso! @MathBlade @Mertex @Sgt_Gath

Avatar would have no reason to lie and would likely know about this trick as scum and when he told us, he probably knew he was bringing down ice when he did it when he said Sameech was ice scum.

Am I off or does this make sense?

I actually made a post like this sometime back. I asked wake here on the thread what was scums win condition and he said to kill scum and town. So Avatar may have been leveling the playing field. BUT I am not as convinced as I one was Sam is scum. He is still on my list but has moved down further. UNLESS his claim is true. BUT that should leave a yang for town, an even night watcher. ( DO NOT REVEAL if you have a PR if I am Right) AND I also thought wouldn't that be a great PR to claim? Less of a chance to bump heads with a real PR of watcher since sam is claiming odd night watcher, most likely no counter for that claimed PR.

Well, it would make sense because if you can't kill opposing mafia, you'd have to be able to have some sort of an advantage to take them out. Claiming an investigative PR that isn't likely to be countered in a game where there already is a cop, would work for a fakeclaim and result but seems unlikely in a set up like this.

What if the other scum team hits a member of the opposing team and they get a report back similar to a cop report? Basically saying, you hit mafia. Couldn't the ice scum say they saw who they hit killing someone and say they have a PR that detects it, and actually be ice scum? I mean Sameech caught Avi for us but couldn't that be because he shot Avi and knew he was scum? Could it be that Sameech is ice scum? Thoughts on this?

@AyeCantSeeYou @House @CaféAuLait @ScarletRage @tso! @MathBlade @Mertex @Sgt_Gath

Avatar would have no reason to lie and would likely know about this trick as scum and when he told us, he probably knew he was bringing down ice when he did it when he said Sameech was ice scum.

I actually made a post like this sometime back. I asked wake here on the thread what was scums win condition and he said to kill scum and town. So Avatar may have been leveling the playing field. BUT I am not as convinced as I one was Sam is scum. He is still on my list but has moved down further. UNLESS his claim is true. BUT that should leave a yang for town, an even night watcher. ( DO NOT REVEAL if you have a PR if I am Right) AND I also thought wouldn't that be a great PR to claim? Less of a chance to bump heads with a real PR of watcher since sam is claiming odd night watcher, most likely no counter for that claimed PR.

Well, it would make sense because if you can't kill opposing mafia, you'd have to be able to have some sort of an advantage to take them out. Claiming an investigative PR that isn't likely to be countered in a game where there already is a cop, would work for a fakeclaim and result but seems unlikely in a set up like this.

I mean the PR Sam is claiming is unlikely in a set up like this. I just wanted to bring this up again because it seems like a good possibility.

Well, what I meant is there very well could be a watcher, so if Sam claims odd night watcher after a missed scum hit on Avatar that 'odd night wacher' claim would be hard to counter if we did have a watcher.

Well, what I meant is there very well could be a watcher, so if Sam claims odd night watcher after a missed scum hit on Avatar that 'odd night wacher' claim would be hard to counter if we did have a watcher.

Agree and I don't know how much this has been explored by everyone playing and it is really hard to keep track of thing with this software and I'm hoping everyone at least considers this as a possibility or discusses it at least.

Yes, Avatar does have a reason to lie to town - he's scum and he wants to win.

I have gone over different scenarios in my mind with the Avi vs. Sam dilemma.
- Avi could be telling the truth. If so, Sam is ICE.
- Avi could be lying. If so, Sam has the PR he has claimed. However, Avi stated in Central he did not kill Rosie - he was very adamant about that. I asked Avi in there how the kills are taken out - Avi said they agreee, then one of them carries it out, not both. So, back to the 'who is lying' part, right?

Is it possible FIRE targeted SAM and ICE targeted Avi the night there was no kill? I don't believe that happened. If it had, Avi would have told us when Sam came out demanding Avi be lynched. Who did FIRE target that night? We don't know!

I mean the PR Sam is claiming is unlikely in a set up like this. I just wanted to bring this up again because it seems like a good possibility.

I don't know. It seems as if we are screwed as it is given the fact scum can't even kill one another, so I thought watcher may be a role to try and level the field for us some. It seems as if the chips were stacked against us when scum were given abilities which were townish and could hurt us. This whole set-up seems very anti-town, if we don't have a few PR's we are screwed big time.

- Avi could be lying. If so, Sam has the PR he has claimed. However, Avi stated in Central he did not kill Rosie - he was very adamant about that. I asked Avi in there how the kills are taken out - Avi said they agreee, then one of them carries it out, not both. So, back to the 'who is lying' part, right?

Is it possible FIRE targeted SAM and ICE targeted Avi the night there was no kill? I don't believe that happened. If it had, Avi would have told us when Sam came out demanding Avi be lynched. Who did FIRE target that night? We don't know!

Well, Avi was adamant in the neighborhood that he didn't kill Rosie. I do think it helps his wincon because he has to get rid of ice as well as town. He also told me straight out he was scum and that we should go after Sam as ice.

I really just want to make sure that we completely explore this possibility with everyone in thread because it certainly is possible.

I'm sure Avi was not honest about his partner being female. He's too smart to give away his partner.

Then agian, total WIFOM, Avi could be trying to take out a PR that could get his partner. BUT, Sameech hasn't seen anything since and ice hasn't missed since either.

Just too convienent to me.

Oh and I hope I am right about the change Wake spoke off beginning of today. Mayeb Scum can kill scum. But I was just thinking out loud and responding to SR's question a few pages back. I have no clue if that is true or not, but Wake did say he was rethinking that aspect of the game earlier in this thread somewhere.

Well, Avi was adamant in the neighborhood that he didn't kill Rosie. I do think it helps his wincon because he has to get rid of ice as well as town. He also told me straight out he was scum and that we should go after Sam as ice.

I really just want to make sure that we completely explore this possibility with everyone in thread because it certainly is possible.

I'm sure Avi was not honest about his partner being female. He's too smart to give away his partner.

Then agian, total WIFOM, Avi could be trying to take out a PR that could get his partner. BUT, Sameech hasn't seen anything since and ice hasn't missed since either.

He was adamant in Central about the same, but again I go back to should we believe scum or wonder if he was indeed ttrying to level the playing field for his partner.

He was adamant in Central about the same, but again I go back to should we believe scum or wonder if he was indeed ttrying to level the playing field for his partner.

Good point. Either is possible. I don't want to lynch a PR either.

I'm having a really tough time right now because we have to be right.

The problem with 'leveling the playing field for his partner':

Scum need town to lynch the other scum team in order for them to win. At the same time, scum has to keep kills to town down to a minimum or they screw themselves and lose the game by NK'ing too many of us. Scum is at that point now if they randomly take pot shots during the upcoming game night. Likewise, town can't afford to lynch a townie for the same reasons - we will lose!

Best thing for us is to sit back, don't vote for someone on a whim, and wait to see who starts running wild trying to get a lynch on someone at the end of this game day. If scum really want to win, they will start one.

So, we're at 12-2-2. We've probably got medium power, I guess.

@Wake: Neighbourhoods were pre-determined, yeah?

Wake claims neighborhoods are randomly assigned. North-myself, Sameech-Night Watchman, Avatar-dead fire scum, House
South-Rosie-dead cop, Mertex-doc, AyeCan'tSeeYou, Grandma-dead VT
West-SR, FA_Q2-dead VT, mathblade
East-you, Cafe, Sgt_Gath, Shaitra-dead VT
Central-created with ability-Cafe, AyeCan'tSeeYou, Grandma-dead, Avatar-dead, FA_Q2-dead, Sameech

Interesting how central is getting thinned out, innit?

I immediately self-voted Day 2. I did this to draw attention to myself and try to figure out who shot me. House Mathblade and Mertex bit.Mertex is likely doctor (although if anyone had cced at this point I probably would have believed them bc Mertex's votes). House was not part of the bad Grandma wagon. He also has not done anything scummy but vote me.

That leaves Mathblade.

To clarify, I ignored your self-vote. I voted you for scummy behavior.

Avatar would have no reason to lie

Are you so sure about that? He still has to play to his win condition, even if offering himself up after he discovers he's a lost cause. That gives him every reason to lie, because if he can help his partner win, then he still wins even if he's dead.

At least, that's the way I understand it to work.

Well, back to the grindstone.

Figure out a decent strat and keep me in the loop, peeps.

Forum List

Back