Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Which reminds me didn't he do that on the forum here and Mathblade pointed it out almost as if she were a tad upset about it? "got some poster making fun of my name" or some such thing? Feigned infighting? Hummmm, I know she said something like that, but I can't recall to whom.

He wrote MathGeek instead of Mathblade.

Distancing?

... but that does't ring true, because an underhanded accusation of Math being scum would go against his win con, wouldn't it?

Nope, It's called bussing and scum can do that to their partner to make them look less like partners. Look the term up in the wiki when you get a chance.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Distancing?

... but that does't ring true, because an underhanded accusation of Math being scum would go against his win con, wouldn't it?

No, not really. He did not say she was scum at all. He simply said that if Math used her ability it would out that Aye was the VIG.

But to answer your other question, In my estimation, they have to distance themselves from one another, hell, I've seen scum vote one another before just to keep the heat off themselves. I have not been in a game yet where scum was voted out by the other, but they just voted one another. This was the first game, where Gath hammered Avatar where I saw scum vote their partner out. But as I said prior, I'm sure Avatar told Gath to hammer him.

Distancing?

Nope, It's called bussing and scum can do that to their partner to make them look less like partners. Look the term up in the wiki when you get a chance.

Someone told House what bussing was wayyyyyy back in the beginning of this game. House knows what it means. Rosie told him and he said he would continue to use the word bus since it was part of his vocab.

OK, in the hood, way earlier he mentioned having issues with Aye's play saying she was a vig when she wasn't. He had her as #2 on his top 3 which were Cafe, Aye, TN. He basically was after Cafe and TN the most in the hood. Other than that post, he didn't say much about Aye.

Mathblade he mentioned later when he said her and SR are his top picks for the last remaining fire scum.

He also had her in his list of 3 as TN, Cafe, mathblade.

But all these posts were back when TN was still with us.

He really didn't say much once I started suspecting him except calling me scum.

Distancing?

No, not really. He did not say she was scum at all. He simply said that if Math used her ability it would out that Aye was the VIG.

But to answer your other question, In my estimation, they have to distance themselves from one another, hell, I've seen scum vote one another before just to keep the heat off themselves. I have not been in a game yet where scum was voted out by the other, but they just voted one another. This was the first game, where Gath hammered Avatar where I saw scum vote their partner out. But as I said prior, I'm sure Avatar told Gath to hammer him.

I am almost positive, once Avi decided to sacrifice himself, he told Gath to hammer him. That actually made me suspicious of Gath because of that hammer after Avi said he was scum.

Distancing?

Someone told House what bussing was wayyyyyy back in the beginning of this game. House knows what it means. Rosie told him and he said he would continue to use the word bus since it was part of his vocab.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that. I think he was talking about being thrown under the bus.

OK, in the hood, way earlier he mentioned having issues with Aye's play saying she was a vig when she wasn't. He had her as #2 on his top 3 which were Cafe, Aye, TN. He basically was after Cafe and TN the most in the hood. Other than that post, he didn't say much about Aye.

Mathblade he mentioned later when he said her and SR are his top picks for the last remaining fire scum.

I understand his statements about Aye's ability. Reading her in central one would have believed she was a VIG period, in fact this is what had Aye on my list for sometime given her statements in Central and the basic outing of Rosie as a PR ( again we were discussing Rosie as poss scum, so this may have been the reason) . BUT Sam had no clue how her VIG ability worked...

TN just died though Wolf,, how far back was he calling Math a suspect? Like weeks ago? Or just a few days ago?

Distancing?

Yeah, I did at the start of the game when I was griped at for using the phrase off-handedly. But what purpos

Distancing?

Technically, I used the full phrase. "Bussing" is not something I've ever used as a word in that context. That said, yes I looked it up in the wiki when the word was mentioned as a game term.

I understand his statements about Aye's ability. Reading her in central one would have believed she was a VIG period, in fact this is what had Aye on my list for sometime given her statements in Central and the basic outing of Rosie as a PR ( again we were discussing Rosie as poss scum, so this may have been the reason) . BUT Sam had no clue how her VIG ability worked...

TN just died though Wolf,, how far back was he calling Math a suspect? Like weeks ago? Or just a few days ago?

On 9-5 I put up Grandma's wagon and asked about it and he said off that list he picked TN, Cafe, and mathblade as the best 3 candidates on Grandma's wagon as scum.

On 9-8 He said SR and mathblade were his picks for the last remaining fire scum.

That's all that he ever mentioned her.

On 9-5 I put up Grandma's wagon and asked about it and he said off that list he picked TN, Cafe, and mathblade as the best 3 candidates on Grandma's wagon as scum.

On 9-8 He said SR and mathblade were his picks for the last remaining fire scum.

Okay well, he never mentioned her as a suspect in Central, but did so in your hood. This is a bit confusing to me, but I suppose that is WIFOM, it is nagging at me though for more than one reason. However, I know he has been using both the hoods against one another as well as we figured out earlier.

Okay well, he never mentioned her as a suspect in Central, but did so in your hood. This is a bit confusing to me, but I suppose that is WIFOM, it is nagging at me though for more than one reason. However, I know he has been using both the hoods against one another as well as we figured out earlier.

Yep, He's been saying one thing in ours and another in yours so I wouldn't put too much weight on what he said really. I had a hard time picking out a potential partner based on anything he said which is probably smart. I don't think he'd want us to be able to find his partner that way.

Distancing?

Yeah, I did at the start of the game when I was griped at for using the phrase off-handedly. But what purpos

Distancing?

Technically, I used the full phrase. "Bussing" is not something I've ever used as a word in that context. That said, yes I looked it up in the wiki when the word was mentioned as a game term.

Well, my point was you would know that scum would and could distance themselves from one another and it is not against their wincon. So your question seemed a bit off, that is why I mentioned it.

Distancing?

Distancing?

Well, my point was you would know that scum would and could distance themselves from one another and it is not against their wincon. So your question seemed a bit off, that is why I mentioned it.

Just because they can doesn't mean they will do it willy nilly, right?

What purpose would he have for bussing Math? Did it happen recently? I was under the impression it was before he became a target.

Distancing?

Distancing?

What purpose would he have for bussing Math? Did it happen recently? I was under the impression it was before he became a target.

He could do it to do what he just did. Suspect her in our hood but not in Central.

To confuse us.

Distancing?

Distancing?

I've read many a game where scum did just that, throw their partner into their reads list to confuse people, it then changed later. Or like Avatar did, he waved off any mention of Gath in central or minimized it. I suppose it is up to however each team plays.

Forum List

Back