Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Can’t get fired for poor performance.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Let the shutdown continue. They don’t like it, get a job in the private sector.
Your attack on Federal workers is based on the fact that private sector workers are underpaid and lack decent pensions?

Oh...

Not to mention 30 democrats having a party at the resort while 800000 people don't get a paycheck because they refuse to negotiate with our president.

Now is NOT a good time to be a democrat.

I notice the GOP propaganda says call it a “party”

The Dems went there on a fact finding and fund raising effort for Hurricane Maria recovery. You know......Hurricane Maria, an actual crisis

The same crisis that Trump wants to pull construction funds away from to pay for his wall
Show me your source that states that Trump said he wants to use funds for Hurricane Maria for the wall.
Because that is where the military construction funds are

Trumps nuclear option of declaring an emergency does not create funding out of thin air. It will come out of money dedicated to military construction. Most of which is in Puerto Rico

If Trump has another source.......he hasn’t identified it
See, now you just got caught lying again. There are more funds in the Defense Department than just those used for Hurricane Maria.

Not construction funds
You're just a habitual liar. You really can't help yourself, can you.

LOLOL

“If we don’t get what we want, one way or the other, whether it’s through you, through military, through anything you want to call, I will shut down the government. And I am proud. I’ll tell you what. I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck. Because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down, it didn’t work. I will take the mantle of shutting down. I’m going to shut it down for border security.” ~ Donald Trump, owner of the shutdown

Actions speak louder than words.

Trump: Wanted 25 Billion. now asking for 5.7 billion.

Liberals: Said they would not give him a dime. 3 weeks later, they say they won't give him a dime.

Trump invites liberals to the White House yesterday to talk. None showed up.

Who wants to negotiate and who doesn't?
And Democrats agreed to the $25 billion when Trump said no.

No, it was not for a wall. it was for generic "border protection" whatever the fuck that means.

If they offered him 25 billion why not give him 25 billion? Why not give him 5 billion? The truth is liberals won't negotiate at all yet are blaming Trump. Both sides have to give. Trump is down to a quarter of what he asked for. Liberals haven't budged at all.

This is no longer on Trump. It's all on the left. Liberals are acting like the whiney cry babies that they are. Either they get their way or they'll take their ball and go home. Sorry. It doesn't work that way.
It was for exactly what he wants to build now...

SEC. ll. BORDER SECURITY TRUST FUND.
(a) ESTABLISHMENT.—There is established in the Treasury of the United States a trust fund to be known as the Border Security Trust Fund (in this section referred to as the ‘‘Trust Fund’’), consisting of amounts appropriated to the Trust Fund under subsection (b) and any amounts that may be credited to the Trust Fund under subsection (c).
(b) APPROPRIATION.—There are appropriated to the Trust Fund $25,000,000,000, to remain available until expended.
(c) INVESTMENT OF AMOUNTS.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—The Secretary of the Treasury shall invest such portion of the Trust Fund as is not required to meet cur- rent withdrawals in interest-bearing obligations of the United States or in obligations guaranteed as to both principal and interest by the United States.
(2) INTEREST AND PROCEEDS.—The interest on, and the proceeds from the sale or redemption of, any obligations held in the Trust Fund shall be credited to and form a part of the Trust Fund.
(d) AVAILABILITY OF AMOUNTS.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—Subject to paragraph (2), amounts in the Trust Fund shall be available to the Secretary of Homeland Security, without further appropriation, for—
(A) construction of not fewer than 700 miles of reinforced fencing, excluding vehicle barriers;
(B) installation of additional physical barriers;
(C) construction and maintenance of access and patrol roads;
(D) lighting;
(E) an interlocking surveillance camera system;
(F) remote sensors; and
(G) the purchase from the Secretary of Defense of surplus aircraft and unmanned air- craft systems.
(2) LIMITATION.—Not more than $5,000,000,000 of the amount in the Trust Fund may be obligated and expended in any fiscal year.

Fencing is not a border wall. AND it was over an unspecified period. Too broad and he knew it. It was also tied to DACA which is unconstitutional. I don't know if he is offering DACA now, but way back almost 2 years ago when that 25 billion was offered, he was against DACA thus refused the money. He refused dirty money, I can't blame him for that.

Trump wants something that will actually work. Wetbacks are flying over our "fence." He wants a functional metal slat wall.

And if they wanted to give it to him, why not end this and put 800K people back to work and give him 25billion?

You STILL haven't explained why if they offered it once. why not offer it again?
Fencing is what trump said he wants to build now. Can’t you keep up?

Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Your attack on Federal workers is based on the fact that private sector workers are underpaid and lack decent pensions?

Oh...
I don’t see them quitting.

Yep, those border patrol agents are bureaucratic parasites, along with the ICE folks and the Air Traffic Controllers...oh and all of the Coast Guard.

you are so stupid you likely need directions on how to breath.
For every one useful bureaucrat you can name, I can come up with ten who can either be privatized or are completely useless.

GFY, statist stooge.

Yep, those border patrol agents are bureaucratic parasites, along with the ICE folks and the Air Traffic Controllers...oh and all of the Coast Guard.

you are so stupid you likely need directions on how to breath.
For every one useful bureaucrat you can name, I can come up with ten who can either be privatized or are completely useless.

GFY, statist stooge.

Then do it you fraud.

Oh...

His attack is out of pure ignorance of what the lifestyles of most federal workers are like.

fake story make up by a staff writer.
"The Daily Caller is taking the rare step of publishing this anonymous op-ed at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose career would be jeopardized by its disclosure.

Yea...supporting the Orange Asshole would jeopardize their job...sure

That's a FEATURE not a flaw

Oh...
Federal Employees Moonlight To Pay The Bills

These people are owed their pay. That's the agreement the government made with them.

Republicans sure do like to avoid paying bills they run up.

Oh...

His attack is out of pure ignorance of what the lifestyles of most federal workers are like.
Name one thing not true that I posted.

Oh...
Federal Employees Moonlight To Pay The Bills
Hilarious. Haven’t missed a check and they’re broke.

Other than being bombarded by news about "partial government shutdown", it didn't effect me at all.

If I was non-essential government employee, I would start worrying, because permanent layoffs of government bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more become possible. That is probably a good thing. I'd like to see at least 80% of bureaucratic workforce to lose their government security and look for jobs in private sector, and since most of them are actively sabotaging the president and his team, getting rid of them wouldn't be that bad idea.

The people with no skills that collect ~$100K a year will be faced with the same options as privatized employees and stop viewing business as evil. Government unions will lose their massive advantage on dem voting. The IRS & SEC won't have resources to target specific (read conservative) groups. It will be confirmed that Trump is actually at war with the establishment and ensure a landslide 2020. Oh, and TSA will quit molesting us, and be replaced with private security companies that can actually do the job.

Oh...

Name one thing not true that I posted.

Forum List

Back