Zone1 Oglala Sioux Tribe Temporarily Suspends All Christian Missionary Work

The sad thing is, you can tell them ”no” 100 times, and they keep after you.
Which is precisely why things like this happens. Now they can't force us to believe in what they do.

Do not dump all your issues, past experiences and frankly bigotry on me.
There’s no bigotry, and it’s not just my own past experiences. It’s well known that evangelicals and missionaries take it upon themselves to try to get people to abandon their religions and adopt Christianity.

What you don’t like hearing is how OFFENSIVE it is. Nobody likes it, and many are insulted - quite rightly - by it. You want to pretend to yourself that people don’t mind being told their religion is wrong so you can be more comfortable doing it, but the fact is….people hate it when you do it.

There’s no bigotry, and it’s not just my own past experiences. It’s well known that evangelicals and missionaries take it upon themselves to try to get people to abandon their religions and adopt Christianity.

What you don’t like hearing is how OFFENSIVE it is. Nobody likes it, and many are insulted - quite rightly - by it. You want to pretend to yourself that people don’t mind being told their religion is wrong so you can be more comfortable doing it, but the fact is….people hate it when you do it.

You. You have a real problem with this. It's making you into a bigot.

Which is precisely why things like this happens. Now they can't force us to believe in what they do.
The Jews for Jesus effort - in which Christians try to convert Jews by lying to them and saying they can still be Jewish if they believe in Jesus - has been a dismal failure.

You started a thread about Christians but then whine when Christians comment. Stunning and Brave
I started a thread about a current event concerning an issue we have been fighting for centuries. We will no longer be forced to accept your god.

You. You have a real problem with this. It's making you into a bigot.
How am I a bigot by telling Christian evangelists that it’s offensive when they tell me my religion is wrong? I have no problem with Christians who RESPECT me.

I don't believe in your god, and I never will and there is nothing you can do about it.
I’m with you.

Ironic how she calls people objecting to being proselytized “bigots” and she’s the one telling (or thinking) that people who don‘t believe in HER god will go to hell.

Maybe it's your religion that's wrong.
They can never admit that to themselves. And I’m not asking them to stop believing in Jesus. That would be wrong of me - insulting, offensive, disrespectful. All I want is for them to stop going around telling OTHER people that THEIR religion is wrong.

In previous generations Americans used to be able to tolerate differences of opinion

Now saying things such as there is only one true god is labeled hate speech by intolerant libs
No, that’s not the issue. The issue is going onto other people’s property and telling them that their religion is wrong - and continuing to do it after you’ve been asked to stop.

In previous generations Americans used to be able to tolerate differences of opinion

Now saying things such as there is only one true god is labeled hate speech by intolerant libs
No means no.
We don’t want your religious agenda crammed down our throats. Its not going to happen. Ever.

No, that’s not the issue. The issue is going onto other people’s property and telling them that their religion is wrong - and continuing to do it after you’ve been asked to stop.
Thats a distinction without a difference

The Indian elders are still being intolerant of opinions and beliefs that they do not share

hadit Baptists pray for the conversion of the Jews.. the return of all Jews to Israel and the rebuilding of the temple so Jesus will return.. They believe that 2/3 rds of Jews will die and the remainder will convert to Christianity.

That's not biblical.

Forum List

Back